Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
aceluby
StarScarJenova
Juutas
reim0027
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
CaligoIllioneus
fujiphoenix
Aznul
PlasticandRage
SecYess
aprilmanha
Odinbear
Joichiro
Marino.
tinypantha
passivefamiliar
Forum Pirate
WandererReece
Reaperfan
Tomhet
Conrack
Abiathar82
RANT
Tds
The Letter X
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Knight Alundil
Rarayn
vatar5
RedderAI
Glutebrah
Nybbles
BIG TIME MASTER
37 posters

Eliminate parry and backstab? FINISHED

Poll

Eliminate parry and backstab entirely?

[ 9 ]
    Eliminate parry and backstab? FINISHED - Page 3 I_vote_lcap15%Eliminate parry and backstab? FINISHED - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 52 ]
    Eliminate parry and backstab? FINISHED - Page 3 I_vote_lcap85%Eliminate parry and backstab? FINISHED - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [85%] 

Total Votes: 61
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Eliminate parry and backstab? FINISHED - Page 3 Empty Re: Eliminate parry and backstab? FINISHED

Post by aceluby Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:31 pm

CaligoIllioneus wrote:Yes, the variety of this game's build would be hurt so much without the creative BKGA hornet builds....you are right.

Also, why would changing backstabs hurt the PvE aspect? The enemies that can be backstabbed can be absolutely trivialized by simply holding up a shield and strafing around them.

Regardless of what builds would be lost removing backstabs means mages, pyros, and WotG spammers have nothing to worry about when casting except maybe being interrupted. This, along w/ the ultra powerful dark magic would more than likely lead to seeing the same builds over and over again in the same way you saw the BKGA hornet builds during the first few months. Now there are less.... why? Because more builds are viable and like I said originally, we should be looking to expand viable builds, not remove them.

Regarding the PvE aspect, I'm thinking mainly the silver knights, black knights, havel, the butchers, etc... but heck, even the hollows at low level are best taken down w/ a backstab or parry. Now, you may like trivially holding your shield while strafing and slashing at every single enemy in the exact same way, but to me that sounds utterly boring. But my main point is that there shouldn't be a change to the core part of the game (single player, PvE) because of PvP.

However, I am all about finding solutions and I think this could easily be accounted for by expanding the Arena. You could have a section of hosts that set up games in a way they like and if people want to join they can, so if you want a 'no backstab' game, you simply create one and wait for someone to join.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Eliminate parry and backstab? FINISHED - Page 3 Empty Re: Eliminate parry and backstab? FINISHED

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:39 pm

You can just host fights on the elevator in anor londo.............shouldn't have a problem getting matches and there are no critical animations, but parries still deal bonus damage (though not as much)
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:48 pm

After all this time I still enjoy parry/rip's, and backstabs can be pretty cool too, so I vote keep them. But I hate seeing otherwise good, experienced players (ENB [vs. Havel] I'm looking at you!) endlessly circle enemies till they get the bs.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:49 pm

17% victims

83% victimizers

some times the journey isnt worth the wait to invade.
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:13 pm

I don't mind parrying. I think backstab needs to be tweaked. Wearing a shield on your back should protect you from backstabs.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:38 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:You can just host fights on the elevator in anor londo.............shouldn't have a problem getting matches and there are no critical animations, but parries still deal bonus damage (though not as much)

Thats fu*cking briliant Pirate big grin have a +1
    The Wandering Knight
    The Wandering Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The Wandering Knight Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:40 pm

removing them would make the game boring (combat wise) for me.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:45 pm

You know i never really Battled without using Backstabs . Dont get me wrong i dont fish for them i just use them as a part of my Battle Style .

Maybe i should have a fight or two on that Elevator
    Abiathar82
    Abiathar82
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Abiathar82 Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:12 pm

VinheimProfessor wrote:I don't mind parrying. I think backstab needs to be tweaked. Wearing a shield on your back should protect you from backstabs.

^ This , if this doesnt make sense to you then well ...... I hope you beleive 1+1 = 2.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:02 pm