Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Derpwraith
sinspaw
Tolvo
dormancy
8 posters

Something stange i noticed

dormancy

Something stange i noticed Empty Something stange i noticed

Post by dormancy Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:13 am

I found it really strange how in lordran they make it clear that you are undead always calling you undead and such but the first thing that you hear in AotA is Elizabeth saying you smell very human and other npcs there call you human as well so does that mean before the flames started to fade there were no undead, that they had no way to differentiate between human and undead or sometihng? maybe im just nitpicking but it felt really strange to suddenly be called human when all ive been hearing is undead
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Something stange i noticed Empty Re: Something stange i noticed

Post by Tolvo Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:38 am

Most undead are humans, and remember in their time and place humans are a very rare sight. In the DLC I can only think of Rhea and Chester off the top of my head being human. Cirian is possibly one as well because of her character model.
    dormancy

Post by dormancy Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:05 am

Ah that makes sense but about ciaran i remember when attacking her she says "you humans" as if she wasnt one herself so im not sure if she is human but well who knows
    sinspaw
    sinspaw
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinspaw Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:30 pm

That was well spotted. If in fact only people in Oolacile call you human that's very interesting. Ciaran does say you Humans, just like Gough. Gough clearly looks like a giant, but Ciaran doesn't not look human. Interesting indeed!
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:58 pm

I've always thought the four knights of Gwyn being demi-gods.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Something else I was thinking about, if the Undead only started appearing some time before we begin Dark Souls (Since in the intro it says "And amongst the living are seen carriers of the accursed Dark Sign." which to me basically means it's recent) shouldn't every NPC in AotA freak out when they see us in hollow form?
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:32 pm

Djem wrote:Something else I was thinking about, if the Undead only started appearing some time before we begin Dark Souls (Since in the intro it says "And amongst the living are seen carriers of the accursed Dark Sign." which to me basically means it's recent) shouldn't every NPC in AotA freak out when they see us in hollow form?

It's not THAT recent. The age of fire has been going on for like a 1000 years, so the undead could have existed for like a 100 and it would still count as recent. However i think it might be even longer.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:18 pm

lalliman wrote:
    Djem wrote:Something else I was thinking about, if the Undead only started appearing some time before we begin Dark Souls (Since in the intro it says "And amongst the living are seen carriers of the accursed Dark Sign." which to me basically means it's recent) shouldn't every NPC in AotA freak out when they see us in hollow form?

It's not THAT recent. The age of fire has been going on for like a 1000 years, so the undead could have existed for like a 100 and it would still count as recent. However i think it might be even longer.
    Havel, compatriot of Gwyn, Hollow.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:24 am

DoughGuy wrote:
    lalliman wrote:

Havel, compatriot of Gwyn, Hollow.

^ this. The dark sign was probably there from the start, because Gwyn etc pushed the world out of balance, it was just never at large like it is now.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Havel might have turned Undead, and Hollow much later. That is not necessarily proof. I thought the Undead began appearing much later after Gwyn linked the flame, and the flame started to go out again. This means they would be around the time Oolacile fell to the Abyss though.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:00 pm

I'm sure to have found a possible answer: On the Design Works artbook, one of the concepts of Dusk of Oolacile shows her with elven ears. This coupled with how you are called human so much on the DLC makes me think that Oolacile residents were originally supposed to belong to some sort of elven / fay inspired race...and who knows, Ciaran may also belong to this race, as she looks like a human but acts as if she weren't.

Something stange i noticed LylcU
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:55 pm

@Caligo That is very interesting. I guess Oolacile residents belonged to a certain race, Gods, Silver Knights, Ornstein and Artorias belonged to a seperate race (Anor Londo residents), and also the Giant race (Gough, the Blacksmith, ones in Sen's Fortress)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:52 pm