Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Emergence
Hatsune Miku
Elite Knight
BIG TIME MASTER
Deathsitexxi
Juutas
Onion Knight
Carphil
Argetlam350
PlasticandRage
Abiathar82
BartholomewWenceslas
Serious_Much
ChizFreak
18 posters

Tell me a good Action-RPG game I should play

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Tell me a good Action-RPG game I should play - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell me a good Action-RPG game I should play

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:03 pm

^ Somebody recommended that to me the other day. We were talking about Slender and got to talking about little known survival horror gems. It looks interesting.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Tell me a good Action-RPG game I should play - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell me a good Action-RPG game I should play

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:35 pm

It's also very scary in places and very, very tense too. It's impossible to describe really. The graphics are almost like a comic book and the story is decidedly odd and don't get me started on the driving controls. It's been compared with 'Twin Peaks' and it's certainly the kind of game David Lynch would make if he made one.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:54 pm

Wow. I think you just sold me anyway.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:22 pm

Fallout 3 + New Vegas? its like oblivion but with guns

Divine Divinity is great if you dont mind isometric graphics of yester year

Torchlight 2 is pretty good too

EDIT: also, anything from the STALKER series is pretty good too, its got RPG elements while not being strictly an RPG. actually role playing your character helps
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:48 am

Kingdoms of Amalur. It's the closest offspring of Skyrim + DkS. Huge world map and tons of quests like Skyrim, 3rd person combat like DkS. I still haven't finished it because it's so huge. Sometimes it gets boring because the quests aren't that impressive, but massive game overall. Other suggestion is Kingdom Hearts dude, but we're still waiting for a goddamn PS3 release. Deus Ex is similar to Dishonored, the RPG elements are ok but not impressive. I've heard that the Monster Hunter series are awesome.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:51 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Wow. I think you just sold me anyway.

It's only available on XBox in the West but you can get it for PS3 as in import, in which case I believe it's called 'Red Seeds'. I made a mistake, it's just Swery not Swery 51, I got him mixed up with Suda 51 (I think). One caveat. I think it's a game you'll either love or hate, I hope if you get it you don't hate it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:53 pm

^ I'm a huge fan of pretty much everything you mentioned. Survival Horror, Rpg's, Twin Peaks, and David Lynch. All of those things together sounds pretty great to me. I'll have to see if I can find it in English for either PC or PS3
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:59 am

PlasticandRage wrote:Survival Horror,

Resident Evil is my favorite series of that.

I like the old skool better though.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:15 am

Age of Conan is now free to play.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:04 am

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:Survival Horror,

Resident Evil is my favorite series of that.

I like the old skool better though.

You should check out Siren. It's not very well known at all, but absolutely incredible. More like Silent Hill than RE, but that's only if I had to compare it to something else. It's really kind of in a class of its own.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Have any of you guys played 3D Dot Game Heroes? I've seen it on the PSN a few times, but I didn't really know what it was so I never payed it much attention. After finding out it's made by From, I watched a trailer/review for it last night, and it looks f*ing awesome; especially for a gamer like me who grew up playing NES games. Any opinions there?
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:59 pm

If you have a Wii. I might suggest Last Story. Overall pretty interesting story, and many layers of combat...if you don't mind the somewhat clunky part of it. Atleast it felt clunky until I get into it more. Requires you to really think about your combat because that game can be pretty hard.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:17 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Have any of you guys played 3D Dot Game Heroes? I've seen it on the PSN a few times, but I didn't really know what it was so I never payed it much attention. After finding out it's made by From, I watched a trailer/review for it last night, and it looks f*ing awesome; especially for a gamer like me who grew up playing NES games. Any opinions there?

Nobody? I'm surprised. Considering the general tendency to love From here. It looks awesome. Maybe I'll just buy it anyway and then let you guys know how it is instead.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:12 am