Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
OmarTheFuzzy
Ghadis_God
DarkW17
Marino.
reim0027
Glutebrah
RANT
mocizzle
12 posters

ganking problem

mocizzle
    Casual
    Casual

ganking problem Empty ganking problem

Post by mocizzle Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:11 pm

can someone start a petition to the designers to somehow improve the ganking problem... i mean i understand it's not hard to beat them but it is time consuming and doing it over and over again spamming backstabs or W.O.G gets old and sometimes i just want an actual pvp fight... i'm sure a lot of other people feel this problem but there has to be something that can be done because even if you beat them they have no incentive to stop, there's no consequence for losing except for the host to lost 1 humanity
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

ganking problem Empty Re: ganking problem

Post by RANT Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:15 pm

maybe dont invade the forest if you wan a duel? or if youre just invading to get a 1v1 you have to expect everything ssince youre inading them and a lot of times you're invading questers that are just trying to get the level done and youre interrupting them and trying to stop them from doing that. if you want a duels go to the burg or moonpit. if you wanna keep invading them expect the worse and you might enjoy the occasional 1v1.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:46 pm

they did, its called the arena. you wont get ganked there.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:49 pm

Ganking is such a subjective term. I don't think there is a fair way for From to stop ganking without impacting "nongankers".
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:54 pm

What is the problem with ganking ?

DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:01 am

Well 'Ganking' is a part of the game that will never be fixed and alot of people like myself enjoy fighting a couple forest gankers!

The better solution is to do as others have said and look for fights differently if your looking for fair 1v1 fights!

Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:05 am

Here's an anti-gank measure: The longer the host spends with a phantom in the world, the more Black Phantom enemies appear and are automatically aggro'd to the host. The only way to solve it is to enter the boss fog or kick the phantom and leave the area.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:13 am

Ghadis_God wrote:Here's an anti-gank measure: The longer the host spends with a phantom in the world, the more Black Phantom enemies appear and are automatically aggro'd to the host. The only way to solve it is to enter the boss fog or kick the phantom and leave the area.

that would be a fun game mode, position your self in the Painted world arena with some phantoms and wait, battling off hordes and hordes of black phantoms.

sign me up.
    OmarTheFuzzy
    OmarTheFuzzy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OmarTheFuzzy Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:17 am

i'm mostly into the RP aspects at this point, so if that means i'm gonna be ganked as a Catbro, so be it. doesn't bother me -- and, of course, when you beat the gankers it's as good as any feeling in the game.

but, you know, you DO have a black separation crystal. you even start the game with it. now, personally, i've never used it so i can't verify that it works. but if the ganking bothers you, just crystal out, no?
    mocizzle
    Casual
    Casual

Post by mocizzle Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:22 am

i do go to the arena but nowadays it takes too long to find fights, lol and that idea sounds good to me, and yo i'd pvp elsewhere but im SL 200, so it's not easy for me to find fights, and i basically beat the game but for gwyn so getting invaded isn't likely... i'm thinking should i become a darkmoon blade? i heard being a high lvl there doesn't matter either.... but that's the thing i do black crystal out too but it's becoming too often lol
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:44 am

OmarTheFuzzy wrote:i'm mostly into the RP aspects at this point, so if that means i'm gonna be ganked as a Catbro, so be it. doesn't bother me -- and, of course, when you beat the gankers it's as good as any feeling in the game.
    IMO, killing gankers is the reason for being a catbro. cheers
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:56 am

reim0027 wrote:
    OmarTheFuzzy wrote:i'm mostly into the RP aspects at this point, so if that means i'm gonna be ganked as a Catbro, so be it. doesn't bother me -- and, of course, when you beat the gankers it's as good as any feeling in the game.

Pulls his Mura out of a forest gankers chest and wipes it off....just another day at the office and that's the ONLY reason to be a catbro lol
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:03 am

mocizzle wrote:i do go to the arena but nowadays it takes too long to find fights, lol and that idea sounds good to me, and yo i'd pvp elsewhere but im SL 200, so it's not easy for me to find fights, and i basically beat the game but for gwyn so getting invaded isn't likely... i'm thinking should i become a darkmoon blade? i heard being a high lvl there doesn't matter either.... but that's the thing i do black crystal out too but it's becoming too often lol

You will get a lot more invasions as a Darkmoon for sure! The problem is your liekly to invade questers that are not looking to pvp and will gank you...that being said you will also invade people looking tohave a fair duel!

The only thing with invasions is your not a welcome guest your a hostile invader and your often treated that way!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:04 am

OmarTheFuzzy wrote:but, you know, you DO have a black separation crystal. you even start the game with it. now, personally, i've never used it so i can't verify that it works. but if the ganking bothers you, just crystal out, no?
    Most gankers will charge immediately at you, and interrupt the black crystal process.
    To solve the ganking problem, a player should have infinite poise and not be capable of being backstabbed during the black crystal animation. Then anyone that doesn't like gankers actually can leave.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:14 am

use iron flesh big grin
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:17 am

mocizzle wrote:i do go to the arena but nowadays it takes too long to find fights, lol and that idea sounds good to me, and yo i'd pvp elsewhere but im SL 200, so it's not easy for me to find fights, and i basically beat the game but for gwyn so getting invaded isn't likely... i'm thinking should i become a darkmoon blade? i heard being a high lvl there doesn't matter either.... but that's the thing i do black crystal out too but it's becoming too often lol

host at the township. lots of action there for Sl200. also take up grave lording and grave lord PVP hot spots.

i have no issue getting action on my SL200.

if you are PS3 add me on PSN i am looking for more people to organize duels with for m 200
    mocizzle
    Casual
    Casual

Post by mocizzle Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:35 am

dang i'd like to but i'm on xbox, so in your guys opinion would i get more action as a darkmoon or gravelord? forest is tons of action but honestly i wanna pvp somewhere else for a change lol
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:46 am

mocizzle wrote:dang i'd like to but i'm on xbox, so in your guys opinion would i get more action as a darkmoon or gravelord? forest is tons of action but honestly i wanna pvp somewhere else for a change lol

well that depends if you want to host or invade.

Darkmoons you need people who are guilty. just hosting in township as Sl200 you will get alot of action, and GLing will make it faster but you might get the occasional 2 invaders at once, but they usually wait.
    mocizzle
    Casual
    Casual

Post by mocizzle Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:48 am

i guess i prefer invading, would darkmoon be the case then?
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:52 am

mocizzle wrote:i guess i prefer invading, would darkmoon be the case then?

i would say yes since Gravelords cant invade. if you host you control the duels you realize when you invade you have the chance of invading gankers.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:06 am

reim0027 wrote:

Definitely the best part. I just wish catbros also didn't put themselves in an unfair double standard by NOT ganking the hosts.

I've picked up some techniques since I started my other thread. I run around out of sight with the fog ring a lot now (knowing that they'll come looking for a spawn point but won't find me if I've moved enough) to buy time. I know the jump points, and I'm a bit better at non-target aiming pyromancy happy. Pyro is my only competitive offense since I'm still under SL 90...but with 6 slots it's usually plenty, especially if I wait and pull a 2v2 or jump in with mobs helping.

Showing a weapon while running, switching to pyro, and poising a fire tempest cast hitting 2 at once is incredibly amusing, too!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:13 am

TheMeInTeam wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:

Definitely the best part. I just wish catbros also didn't put themselves in an unfair double standard by NOT ganking the hosts.

I hear you. But, how am I to tell the ganking hosts from the nonganking ones? Ganking hosts can often pretend to be honorable, only to lure you in. No. The forest is for Gankers and for Ganker hunting only (IMO). It should stay that way. IMO, honorable duelling is not cool there; go somewhere else please. Leave me to hunt gankers.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:35 am

Ya the forest has always been hunters vs gankers no holds barred no honour no shame no hard feelings as far as I'm concerned!

Even when I host the forest solo I want to be 'Ganked' by 2 hunters I would expect my fellow hunters to do there job and try to kill me lol
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:47 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    TheMeInTeam wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:

I hear you. But, how am I to tell the ganking hosts from the nonganking ones? Ganking hosts can often pretend to be honorable, only to lure you in. No. The forest is for Gankers and for Ganker hunting only (IMO). It should stay that way. IMO, honorable duelling is not cool there; go somewhere else please. Leave me to hunt gankers.

Well, sometimes if you catch someone alone and you Lloyds him it kinda sorta resembles an actual duel.

I'm saying that the invaders need to dogpile the host 2v1 when given the opportunity also, for the same reasons you stated; this isn't a place for rules or mercy. The only exception is FH + Darkwraith...I have to be very careful there because I don't trust the DW (nor should anybody else) but at the same time if he's actually fighting the host, I have to be careful not to kill the wrong guy...or at least the wrong guy to kill first! That makes unaimed fireballs and big pyro AOE dangerous to use. With another catbro I can go full tilt.

I say this because I accidentally caught a darkwraith in a tempest once, killing him instantly. I felt pretty bad too, if only because it put me in a 1v2 X_X. I got a lot of souls though! That guy was probably SL 120ish, whereas I'm 89. I need to hurry and get to at least ~115 where I can max out my dex on this guy.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:10 pm

If you're in the forest invading as a red, do your invasion after the cat bridge near the big mushrooms. You spawn by the big door leading to Sif and can better get a handle on the situation and avoid ganks. Did this yesterday w/ my mage and absolutely destroyed some very high level players (300-800k souls per kill) as well as some 2 and 3v1's.

Want to know a REALLY powerful combo? Cast pursuers, run towards your enemy as they flip around avoiding the spell, WotG to stun them out of rolling, pursuers will finish the job. Did this about a half dozen times today w/ my pure caster build (45 dex, 28 fth, 44 int) and surprised the hell out of a lot of people.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 pm