Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Shkar
DE5PA1R
Peaceful Wollyhop
Yukon
User
9 posters

Basilisks and First Flame

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Basilisks and First Flame Empty Basilisks and First Flame

Post by User Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:40 pm

🤡 JIMMY!!!

:bas:

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t7270p645-what-is-this#300016

Go to link! Go to link!

I got some ideas! Ideas! Citations in next post. Read them for more. More, more, more!

:mask-averice:

EDIT: Moved here. All here!

The Basilisks! Look at their eyes. What do they look like? What does it appear to be? What resides within them?

Ow my god, I am so stupid. The Basilisks, they were not from the old world! No, no, no! I get it! I get it now!

Look at their bird features. They have legs similar to that of not just a chicken, but other birds... the features of the creature are a dark colour with patterns residing. Now, what sort of life would have such patterns on it? Believe it or not, the original concept of Basilisks were known to be a chickens egg that was rested by a frog. Think about this for a second, take it in for a concept:

What do the basilisks hold? Eyes of Death, yes. Now what uses such Eyes? Nito, and all Gravelords. Nito is not just a user of the dark, but fire as well. I have covered this again and again... but a concept came to mind. Something that was... in a relation that I missed before. But now I see! Look at its eyes. What do they look like?

Fire! They look like fire! Fire! With a dark pupil inside, resting in the fire. What sort of flame has fuel of the dark?

Not done! Not done! Nope, nope, nope! Let me take you to a detour about such a creature. Now, we know that the mushrooms are, seemingly, not entirely... enemies, of the people. As we have seen from Elizabeth, they seem to be... peaceful. In fact, the creatures, the mushrooms, hold the key bane of dragon life: Pine Resin. Now, what do the Mushrooms reside in? Darkroot/Royal forest, yes yes... but where else? The great hollow. A place that, where the mushrooms hold, is covered and infested with mushroom growth. Mushrooms are infestations of trees... and other plant life. The eletric quality is that of... bane, for all dragon life. Yet, despite all this, the Mushrooms are never seen with any other... only one other form of dragon creature resides beside it:

The Basilisk. The Basilisks have a lot of ties to Dark Souls. A LOT! Look at the beings of Zena. Can you not see, the pattern that is of the basilisk on their shields? The Crystal Shields hold such patterns... the basilisks are known to be cursing creatures, that turn others into crystal. Cursed, even when hollow! It curses creatures of the flame, the undead!

Look at the Basilisk, and other crystal forms. Seath and Golems are the only ones that can also curse... and they use cyrstals as well. In fact, they ARE crystals! they curse others, and they can turn hollows into such things... when you enter Seath's domain, it holds hollows that hold the same sword domnhall sells... as well as one other shield: The twin serpents over blue. I'll get back to that.

Yet, only one shield is like the wooden shield of crystal: The grass crest shield, which regenerates stamina. What also generates stamina. Colorathy Ring. Where does it reside? In the great hollow, with the basilisks

I said some already, and I said some of not. BUT! I got something to say:

I thought that the hollows in Seath's Archives had the same shields as the Clerics, because they were of Thorolund. Yet, Kite Shields were said to be common... perhaps more than one civilization had such things. Think about it... let me explain, let me explain.

There is only a few forms of creatures that exist... birds and... well, serpents. Well, the serpent I think of, is not of scales at all. Rather, it is smooth and dark... similar to the basilisks. Now, there are certain creatures of black, the crows, that exist in the world, as velka. I have made a claim, months ago in the Search for Lore, that Velka was indeed the First Firekeeper. Now... I also said that Nito was a creature made from possibly the help of Velka, due to the hair factor and the power it held. Now... think about this... and get back to the basilisk.

What happens, if the egg was not a chicken? What happens if the holder was not a frog, but instead something else with similar skin, yet was not... Velka is tied to the Bonfire. I have shown such claims before, and I will attach ;links HERE! Later... later...

But now... Velka is tied to the First Flame, absolutely. The Serpents are tied to the first flame, as well. Now... Imagine if, with the two being close in relation, that they made something... mystical. I mean, if you look at the dragon covenant... isn't it already said that dragons are born from what exists? How we can turn into dragons as well, in the path of the dragon? Can it not be said, that perhaps... there is something to be said about other ways to become dragons? I mean, if you look what exists, the dragons are not all the same. In fact... they all seem to be very unique. And they are all of qualities, usually magic and fire (except Seath, which may just be magic)...

I wonder, perhaps, if the basilisks were creatures made by a god and primordial serpent... a glutton dragon. Food for thought, the thought was amazing to think of... I might return.

Still... take in note that a serpent ring also resides in the depths of Nito's Layer. Perhaps it was placed there for a reason, yes?

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t54p540-the-search-for-lore-acidic-cook#98869

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t54p495-the-search-for-lore-acidic-cook#67699

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t54p240-the-search-for-lore-acidic-cook#36620

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t54p210-the-search-for-lore-acidic-cook#32231

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t54p195-the-search-for-lore-acidic-cook#31415

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t54p120-the-search-for-lore-acidic-cook#26378

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t54p105-the-search-for-lore-acidic-cook#19316

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t54p30-the-search-for-lore-acidic-cook#6698

Yes, Yes... More.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t54-the-search-for-lore-acidic-cook

:pendant:
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Basilisks and First Flame Empty Re: Basilisks and First Flame

Post by Yukon Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Interesting theory Acidic, I'm curious what fire has to do with red phantom cursing in your opinion though? What do you consider NPC phantoms to represent, they share the same colour as darkwraiths who want to extinguish the fire.. so I think you should expand on what you think that's about, what central role does fire play in invading another persons world?

Also, can we extrapolate that the dragons were different from each other and unique in the past? All the dragons in the intro seemed to have a pretty common set up, stoney scales, elongated heads with horns, 4 wings etc, with the exception of Seath who was probably not well accepted within the dragon community.

The dragons we meet in the current time have undergone years of ... uh what would it be called? Mutation? I haven't played the DLC.. and I know there is a dragon in that.. so hopefully you can elucidate this without spoilers hehe.

I had a few more questions but.. uuhh, I should really be working right now. Cool to see you are still at it though.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Answers will be given. just give me a few... long list, see?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:37 pm

Yukon wrote:Interesting theory Acidic, I'm curious what fire has to do with red phantom cursing in your opinion though? What do you consider NPC phantoms to represent, they share the same colour as darkwraiths who want to extinguish the fire.. so I think you should expand on what you think that's about, what central role does fire play in invading another persons world?

Ahh... I always loved this topic. Had this since... march? Jeez, the relationship of the two covenants is certain, for sure. What are the relationships, for them?

Well, their features for sure. The Darkwraiths and Gravelords have two things to stare at: Skeletal Features, and Black Features. Nito rules with an army of skeletons, and itself is a giant skeleton... with a beard of other skeletons and skeletal heads. The necromancers, including the skeletal cloaked Pinwheels (Yes, that is what I see, due to titanite and bone tower relationships... ask away if concerned). For now, those are a few features to recognize. Now, the Darkwraiths are all in one the same features. Skeletal Body, and Black Cloak. Even more so, it is related to Nito than the skeletal minions that it holds; Skeletal Body, with a black, furry cloak. The Darkwraiths have the same cloak, as that of Nito.

Now... Nito is different, compared to the Darkwraiths. Nito is designed to infest. Yes, Infest. They infest other worlds, by infesting them with Red Phantoms. NPC Red Phantoms, to be specific. These NPCs are generated and infest a max of three worlds, causing mayhem for those that hold them in their time. The Darkwraiths are different; they are mainstream independent, working on their own to kill. Now... both share something in common. Both require HUMANITY. Yes, Humanity. Forest Covenant? No. Darkmoon? No. Dragons? No. None do, but these two covenants. Humanity, as we know, is the soul of man, in a way... complex, won't go too deep into humanity... but it is defined as... Dark. Both Gravelord and Wraith are minions of the Dark. Yet... they are of the flame as well. Get to that in a second.

The Darkwraiths and Gravelords also have another thing in common; Massive Enemies. Every single individual, that is not themselves, is an Enemy. All Red Phantoms, all Blue Phantoms, all Hosts, all White and Gold... they are all enemies to the two covenants. They are both independent. They kill every single being that exists... yet. The rewards are different. Darkwraiths collect Humanity, form those that are fallen. The Gravelords, for some reason... collect Eyes. Strange, isn't it? Have you not questioned as to why they drop them. Some may say, it is because they are infested. No... discoveries have been made, that more than the infested three can see a Gravelord Sign, and invade. That is a fact. A hard fact, which you must realize that, as the Darkwraith invades almost all that it can reach... all can potentially invade the Gravelord. The functions have changed, you see.

But there is a reason why. The eye is a dual ended blade. Not only does the Eye of Death infest other worlds... it infests the Gravelord as well. The Gravelord is trapped, to forever be invaded until it dies, warps, or... well... runs to an uninvadable place. Even then, the Gravelord is designed for the reverse effect of the Red Eye...

Take this into consideration. The Red Eye, both cracked and full, were made by a serpent. Kaathe. They are designed to traverse into worlds and invade, fighting all for humanity and in turn strength. The serpent, as I have shown before in other speculations and theories and writings... they are tied to both Flame and Dark. The use of the Red Orb, and Eye of Death, require the help of the Bonfire. The First Flame. Remember, though... Kaathe is known to speak in slurs, and is a snake. Snakes are not all trust worthy. Remember that... but that is not important, as of now.

So we see some similarity between the Darkwraiths and the Gravelords. What else has similar relationships, yet... it not? The Red Sages.

lol... No expect? Let me speak.

The Red Sages are, as I said, related to the Darkwraiths. Both have similar hairs in their helms... both are tied to Velka in some way (The Abyss has statues of three in front of the fog gate... the same ones as those in the Painted World... and the other things that reside, Parry Dagger and Cursebite, are of the Pardoner and Carim... both tied to Velka, as Carim has influence to her. Ask if need clarification). The Red Sages are also defined as healers... in crimson red. What do Darkwraiths invade as? Have you ever wondered why Crimson was the colour of healers? I may also ask for you note, that both Nito, Darkwraith, and the Red Sage has similar strands of black, as the crow. The Red Sage seems to hold a beak for a mask... and Velka's hair was known to be black, thanks to the info given from her talisman... and a miracle of one of her two, not remember which one... Think it was Vow of Silence. Either way, not important.

Now, Velka is known to all tie towards Humanity and Fire... as you can see, she has an invention: The Ring of Sacrifice. It is designed for Undead; It preserves humanity after death. Funny, isn't it? I also must remind that Velka, Nito, and Darkwraiths (including the Four Kings) use Dark magic. All of them. Yet, Nito's Magic is a tad bit different. The two, Velka and Darkwraiths, are that of purple. Purple that has shards of white and black. Nito is pure black... but why? Why so different? I must also remind you, that Nito also has red: The Miracles of Sword Dance. Ever wondered why they were red and orange... similar to a bonfire? can be seen easily with Greatsword Dance. Yes... When he uses it, it is toxic. When you do, it is not... but more wide spread.

Perhaps... it is best to look at what the flame is related to such dark creatures. What is their relationship? Why are they all tied together in such a way? yet, why are they so different?

:bas:

The Eye of Death, as I theorize, is similar to a red orb. The difference, is that it is 'natural'. Meaning, it is an abomination made of magic and fire... as all dragons are, if you must know. The Dark is a form of magic, yet it is also physical at times... Manus shows that the Dark Sorceries are indeed both Physical and Magic. Nito uses a Dark Magic that is similar to Manus...

Red Phantoms are creatures of Humanity. Of dark Sprites. If you look at Nito, skeletons are created from lanterns... sources of fire, yet also used with Dark Magic (as seen from Pinwheel Boss). The Skeletal Babies are one of the few enemies to hold... Humanity.

The Bonfires are not made for peace. The First Flame is that of Disparity. A sword sticks in every bon... there is a reason why. Nito follows such philosophy. He is the aspect of battle, yet he is also... if the First Flame faded, Nito would still exist as King, unlike the Witch of Izalith. For if you look at Nito's Minions... the fire is not that of Pyromancy nor first flame... it looks more like Dragon Breath. Basilisks are seen as Dragon creatures, too... and the First Flame was founded in the hollow of a tree... in the world of Dragons.

The Basilisk, as I said in first post, seems to be tied to the Snake and the Witch. Nito... is tied to both as well. Both Velka and serpent are that of the Dark and Fire... Nito is as well. The basilisk is seen as a creature of both bird and... mystical dragon of sorts. Both qualities show that of crow and serpent... no scales are seen. No chickens are seen either 🤡... Its curse ability, is TIED to the Hollow! It follows the player after death, and remains. it is an infectious disease, that lingers with the hollow... a spawn of dark and fire. For Hollows are that of humanity, and of the flame.

Are you seeing something? I hope so...

So what is the relationship of the Red Phantoms? Why do both share it? perhaps... it is because the Basilisk is a spawn of the serpent. Not much description of such beasts are given for us... they seem to just be there. Hah... that's funny. Perhaps the Eyes of Death are given between players after combat... because the black substance inside is that of the Dark Essence of the flame. Does thou wonder why the Gravelord seems to be a Nexus of time? The bonfires are that of time distortion, and the first flame is the cause of it. The Gravelord is the only one... to reach to more than one, from its own world. And people go to his place... like a bonfire, of sorts.

The Eye of Death... maybe that of similar qualities to Humanity. Dragons are of Magic and Dark, after all...

The First Flame... is time distortion. It is the link of all that is connected to the flame, both undead hollows and black knights (if you did not know, Black Knights are one of the few creatures to not be reset back to their spawn point when a bonfire is used... they will keep coming, like other hollow players). The First Flame is the reason of phantoms, when players, undead heroes and travelers, can connect... the Serpent is that of the Flame and Dark, as is the Bonfire... I must remind you that the Primordial Serpent Blade, the Server, changes description once it traverses from Normal to Flame. From Occult to something that is unspeakable... for others, at least.

Nito is that of both Flame and Dark as well, and makes use of such spawns... as the Basilisks are tied to the crow in terms of footing, Velka is symbolized by such crow... and as said before, is perhaps the creature of Lord Nito.

Tell me if you still have questions... the others ones you asked? Will be in the other thread. Hold on.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:55 pm

The other thread is Search for Lore.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t54p570-the-search-for-lore-acidic-cook#300097

Does that clarify anything, sweetheart?
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:20 pm

Yes deary, clear as mud.

Kidding, thanks for elaborating, I'll hit you up with more questions soon... like tomorrow-soon, or next week-soon.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:26 pm

Take your time.
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Peaceful Wollyhop Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:21 am

I'm not sure if this makes any difference at all, but the 'eyes of death' are not the basilisks' eyes. If you look closely at the picture in the art book they have a small set of yellow eyes either side of its nose and right above its mouth
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:00 am

It is still the eye of the basilisk.

Remember, that Humanity is obtained threw rats, even if you don't see it. The brown eyes are still part of the basilisk... It has the black core like the giant eyes it has (I remember the artbook, they have small eyes to match mouth). Perhaps the flame-like portion of the basilisk dies down after death?
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:48 pm

How is this flame utilized by gravelords if it goes out upon being collected? The eyes actually look quite different too...

eyes that we use look like this : Basilisks and First Flame 3022602407

Not this: :bas:

Basilisks and First Flame UrP6m

It looks a lot more like a dried out human eye, or the small eyes of the baslisk not the bulbous out growths on its head are being used by nito and his minions... which.. really makes more sense because could you imagine having 99 of those orange ones in your inventory?

"Are those eyes of death in your pants, or are you just happy to see me winking"

Ew...
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:56 pm

The orange bulbs do look blurry, although it looks like it holds what regular eyes have, albeit blurry.

But yes... I can see the size problem... but remember all the demon weapons that you can later use, after killing them?

Size proportions are not a liability to the game's development. lol

But I see your point.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Thank god they took that out, we'd only be aloud 2 eyes of death if we still had the demons souls system winking

Are we assuming it is the larger eyes that are used for cursing? It could be interesting to delve into the basilisks biology, haha. Maybe the "eyes" are used as a storage mechanism, with the basilisks sequestering the toxic bursts they spit out inside of them, kind of like the chemical backpack of some termites:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxgNR4pnvM8 (if you have no idea what I mean)

So then this colour could be a result of the chemicals its packing there, and when it is threatened it mixes the two compounds, two separate kinds from each eye, to create an explosive toxic spray.

This all seems irrelevant to gravelords though, because they cannot 'curse' someone in a remotely similar fashion that basilisks do, so what exactly are they using to do it? I should be studying for my finals not the life histories of a video game frog dragon haha, so I'll leave you to it for now. I guess my question is how and where do you believe they are able to do what they do? and if the large eyes do play a role in it how is it utilized by people?

I'm rather starting to like basilisks more now that I can relate them to insects....

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:33 pm

I remember that bug.

How and where will be explained soon... And the utilize aspect.

Just remember that the Frogs curse others differently than gravelords.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Meaning, it is an abomination made of magic and fire... as all dragons are, if you must know.

Dragons were around before fire (says so in the intro) and magic (from MLGS: Seath was the grandfather of sorcery).

Evidence to the contrary?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Dragons can breath fire. Not the same fire as pyromancy/first flame.

And the definitions of dragon items say otherwise.

Interesting to note, lightning pisen describes good against magic, fire, and dragon enemies.

Would defend better if not busy. Responding broad. If need be, say it better another time.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:36 pm

Yukon wrote:Thank god they took that out, we'd only be aloud 2 eyes of death if we still had the demons souls system winking

Are we assuming it is the larger eyes that are used for cursing? It could be interesting to delve into the basilisks biology, haha. Maybe the "eyes" are used as a storage mechanism, with the basilisks sequestering the toxic bursts they spit out inside of them, kind of like the chemical backpack of some termites:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxgNR4pnvM8 (if you have no idea what I mean)

So then this colour could be a result of the chemicals its packing there, and when it is threatened it mixes the two compounds, two separate kinds from each eye, to create an explosive toxic spray.

This all seems irrelevant to gravelords though, because they cannot 'curse' someone in a remotely similar fashion that basilisks do, so what exactly are they using to do it? I should be studying for my finals not the life histories of a video game frog dragon haha, so I'll leave you to it for now. I guess my question is how and where do you believe they are able to do what they do? and if the large eyes do play a role in it how is it utilized by people?

I'm rather starting to like basilisks more now that I can relate them to insects....

Okay.

:estus:

I got an Ice Cold Coke, and Hot Black Tea with me... both taste horrible to me. Not drinking them at the same time, though.

Anyways... yes, the Humans use the curse differently than the Basilisk. The Cursive Dragon causes curses, with the use of a fog (similar to pyromancy mists and surges), that inflicts curse damage (although they do actual no harm to the HP, unless they jump on you). The frog makes it so that anyone that goes into the fog too long, gets cursed. The curse causes two problems: No use of Humanity to become Human, and Half Depleted Health. That means that phantom interaction, unless it is coming from a Gravelord, is zero when it comes to being the host (although white/gold/blue phantoms are still possible for the Cursed to be, however the use of being a Red Invader is not. Dragon Spirit is possible too).

The Gravelord uses it entirely differently. While the Cursed Frog disallows any Dark Usage (Dark Spirits and Human Form as disallowed), the Gravelord attacks both similar and different to that regard: They can be invaded by a gravelord, even if they are hollowed... the only time the player will ever see Red Phantoms as a host if cursed (although they are NPCs, not players). While the cursed form of a Frog makes it so that players can die easier, the Red Phantoms that invade have an increase in not only health (which is the opposite effect of regular curses), but also damage (to confiscate towards how the player takes twice as easy to kill while cursed, which now goes to the power of a Gravelord). There is, however, one difference: Gravelords are also cursed, as they are able to be invaded by more than the three that are actually infested. In fact, Red Phantoms can also invade...

I have encountered, many times, three blues and a red in my world at once... if I had sinned enough as a red, perhaps I could get a Darkmoon in there, too. Either way... The Gravelord is a giant hub, where almost all undead can connect to... similar to a Bonfire.

Remember, that the Hollow is fueled and regenerated by not only Humanity (which increases Bonfire efficiency as well), but also Estus. The Dark Sign has similar strains of the fire, as does the dark... and all hollows are signed onto the First Flame. As the Homeward Miracle said, Undead see Bonfires as their home...

So your second question is clear, going back to how Cursed Frogs has such Flame and Dark (Magic Dark) Influence. Yet... the Crystals also show traits as well. Well, as I said before, I have already tied Seath towards the Basilisks, in terms of the crystals... I can get the information and slap it here (People said I was wrong... well, the patch for the DLC kind of backed me up, a little winking ).

Anyways... well... looking back at all of this, I guess it does answer the first one too. I guess I can explain more about the second one:

The player uses it as an incubator, and is tied to all undead across time distortion... similar to how undead are all seen connected onto a bonfire. Yes, they can become phantoms by signs and orbs... but the Gravelord is an invitation for ALL to reside in its world, and even more so invites the MOST amount of people (5 in total to be known, 6 if Darkmoon can... and probably can, as I got invaded by a Darkmoon with a Darkwraith and an Infested Invader lol )

The Hollow is that of the Flame... and the Dark. The Undead is... There is nothing that you can say, that will argue otherwise. Humanity and Bonfires are all connected to the undead and each other... it goes both ways.

Anyways... do you need clarification or questions, again ask sweetheart happy
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:57 pm

As for the other user:

Dragons were around before fire (says so in the intro) and magic (from MLGS: Seath was the grandfather of sorcery).

Evidence to the contrary?

Kalameet is that of the Ancient Dragons, yet he could breath fire. Not the same as the First Flame nor Chaos Flame, but a Flame nonetheless.

The Dragons of the Dragon Covenant also breath fire. The fire that is fired, is similar to that of the Necromancers and Pinwheels in colour and style. Look at it, and note the difference between Dragon Fire, and Chaos/First Flame.

Seath the Scaleless is the Grandfather of Sorcery. Yet, there are other forms of magic out there. Or have you forgotten the other things of magic that are out there?

Last but not least, the pine Resin is known to not only affect enemies of Dragons the most, but also a tad more along with fire and magic enemies as well... which gives an idea that the two are related in some way.

Magic is not summed to be sorcery. It is like saying that a rectangle is always a square. It's not. Sorcer is magic, yet magic is not always sorcery. There are other things that you must know and see to be.

Remember, that the School of Sorcery most famous to exist, is the Dragon School. Might be, that the ways of Sorcery were helped found by the Dragons... or one in particular.

Seath uses different magic as well. Moonlight. Not Sorceries, Moonlight. Moon Magic. Similar to how Gwyn uses the power of the sun, Seath uses the power of the moon. Yet, Moonlight is tied to sorceries. As much as crystals do, as well.

I was wrong, there is no dragon item that says otherwise, other than the Pine Resin (given that it comes from mushrooms, which are related to dragons in some way, it is indeed part of the dragon herd... and no other resin seems to state otherwise either, it seems. Sigh).

Anyways, I am guessing that you gave me the negative? You can disagree, it does not matter to me. But whoever done it (and may not be you), can come a fight and tell me I am wrong, if you think so.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:00 am

No negative from me. Enjoying the discussion. Will reply when I have time later.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:03 am

Sounds like a plan. Come back when ya can. happy
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:16 am

In traditional mythology, wasn't a basilisk the crossbreed of a snake and a frog? Kind of goes along somewhat with your theory...
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:26 am

Ow...

I was told by a book that it was a Frog sitting on an Egg... it was a child's book, though.

Looking at some internet finds (which, remember, is mythology, and many mythologies have changed as time passed), that it is a serpent egg that is hatched by a chicken/rooster. Some say the egg was hatched by a chicken. Some say it is laid by a seven-year-old rooster and hatched by a toad.

So...

You can take it either way. Chickens/Roosters and the Frog or Serpent are in line... Hard to say. Maybe it was intentional that there is no Lore depiction on them, directly.

Rather, the Serpents of the Abyss are as smooth as the Basilisks, and not as scaly as other snakes... nor Gaping Dragon.

Still, the Chicken/Rooster can be a diversion of the Crow, but again... this is speculation.

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:44 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:Ow...

I was told by a book that it was a Frog sitting on an Egg... it was a child's book, though.

Looking at some internet finds (which, remember, is mythology, and many mythologies have changed as time passed), that it is a serpent egg that is hatched by a chicken/rooster. Some say the egg was hatched by a chicken. Some say it is laid by a seven-year-old rooster and hatched by a toad.

So...

You can take it either way. Chickens/Roosters and the Frog or Serpent are in line... Hard to say. Maybe it was intentional that there is no Lore depiction on them, directly.

Rather, the Serpents of the Abyss are as smooth as the Basilisks, and not as scaly as other snakes... nor Gaping Dragon.

Still, the Chicken/Rooster can be a diversion of the Crow, but again... this is speculation.

At least in the mythology I know of, the crowing of a rooster actually caused instant death for a basilisk.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:07 am

There are actually multiple species of basilisk. Somecadd known to kil with there stare. Others can kill with a bite that melts flesh off of bones.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:53 pm

I am actually going to look and try to find any more about both Kalameet and the Giants/Totanite Demon... For some reason, the Dark/ Flame and Sunlight come to mingd about this
    Artoriasflagg
    Artoriasflagg
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Artoriasflagg Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:05 pm

Yukon wrote:How is this flame utilized by gravelords if it goes out upon being collected? The eyes actually look quite different too...

eyes that we use look like this : Basilisks and First Flame 3022602407

Not this: :bas:

Basilisks and First Flame UrP6m

It looks a lot more like a dried out human eye, or the small eyes of the baslisk not the bulbous out growths on its head are being used by nito and his minions... which.. really makes more sense because could you imagine having 99 of those orange ones in your inventory?

"Are those eyes of death in your pants, or are you just happy to see me winking"

Ew...
    http://darksouls.wikidot.com/basilisk
    All a matter of perspective and angle. Look at the eyes from directly above like what can be seen in the image at the top of this link's page. They are blurry and fiery when looked directly into, but you can see them nice and clearly from above. Eye of Death is indeed a basilisk eye.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:29 pm