Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 36 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by Seignar Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:08 am

Yeah, but we don't know if mounts are exclusive to this 2-part enemy or its a feature that all mobs can use. If its exclusive to him, then it ain't really a feature.

And I know they said they might implement vehicles, but they mentioned this for the player and not for enemies; it isn't even an idea they are doing, rather considering.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:26 am

Seignar wrote:Yeah, but we don't know if mounts are exclusive to this 2-part enemy or its a feature that all mobs can use. If its exclusive to him, then it ain't really a feature.

And I know they said they might implement vehicles, but they mentioned this for the player and not for enemies; it isn't even an idea they are doing, rather considering.

No, they did confirm these NPC enemies that hunt sinners. It's not just an idea anymore, it is being implemented.
    They did also say they are thinking of implementing vehicles for players, but I hope don't do that. I don't really see how vehicles would fit the world with all its narrow corridors, indoor spaces, stairs and all the other hazardous environments.
    Besides that, they said the game will be about equal in size... wouldn't that mean that if you had a chariot you could get through levels too fast.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:37 am

The game is also supposed to be more dense.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:44 am

Of course they confirmed these NPC enemies, but they come with their vehicles. The vehicles I'm talking about are separate tools that enemy mobs are using to give themselves an edge. I don't think it counts if they already come with this vehicle and its part of them.

I'm talking about vehicles in this kind of situation:

You enter a large corridor and see a hollow rushing to a nearby stable to release 2 battlehorses. At the same time, you get ambushed by 2 other hollows. If you let the first hollow release the horses, they will have 2 powerful tools at their disposals. On the other hand, if you don't deal with the ambushers you'll be tactically beaten since you probably took a blow and they'll be at your back.

As opposed to a random rift hole opening and unleashing a knight mounted on a battlehorse, this situation represents better what I mean when I want "mounts", tools that can cause you to have to make tactical decisions or face their wrath.

It's been confirmed that their will be NPC with mount, but it has not been confirmed if NPC will be tools for standard enemies.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:53 am

What about a chess minigame in a dungeon? I love chess and i'd love to play with invaders dark souls chess xD
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:05 pm

On the subject of bows, Souls is pretty accurate. Even master archers of the Renaissance shot at most twelve arrows a minute-that's only one arrow about every ten seconds.
    I also think mounted enemies will be really cool.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:21 pm

Frank_White wrote:Yeah well you're one them with all these ideas about making the game more accessible and easy. "Remove invasions pls".
    No, the bosses were not easy to me because of practice, but because they were easy. O&S was one of the very few that I didn't kill on first or second try. The bosses in DaS are a JOKE.
    Who cares if they make easy mode? I do, and so do many others. It would ruin the series. It would remove the atmosphere.
    Btw, I was talking on behalf of true Souls fans. You clearly are not among us.

1) I never said I wanted it to be easier, only that its a non-issue for me. I also said nothing about removing invasions. You presume too much.

2) Yes the bosses were easy because of practice, not because you are "gifted". No one gets through Dark Souls or Demon's Souls the first try. They kinda have a reputation...incase you hadn't noticed. (ie) Flamelurker, Maneaters, Capra, Four Kings, etcetcetc. This is inargueable.

3) If you are a "true souls" fan, then no...I am not among you. Thank God. Insulting everyones ideas without any sort of subjective analysis or a simple humble critique does not make you a fan..it makes you a.........

The true fans of the souls series have been submitting, reviewing, analyizing, critiquing, and reworking ideas for the past few years. The others that just said, "This is stupid, you dont know what you're talking about, this is stupid, etcetcetc", were shut down and silenced for their ignorance. They are starting to resurface with the announcement of Dark Souls 2 however. This is becomging obvious. Look Skyward
    Frank_White wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:We are all "true" Souls fans, Mr. White. Anyone who enjoys the game should be revered as much. We all have differing opinions, and some want the game to change more than others. There's nothing wrong with that.

I'm afraid I can't agree with that. When someone wishes for drastic changes to the core gameplay of the Souls series, I don't think they quite get the idea FromSoft had in mind...
    Or why we love it so much. If you implement these large changes then it's just like any other medieval RPG.
    I don’t know how someone could argue with what X said. Its impartial, mature and speaks to one’s inner reasoning considering differences found in all aspects of life. Anyone who has lived longer than 13, 14 years could clearly see that with at least some shred of maturity in their character.

I dont think anyone really knows what FROM has in their mind. A lot of people say the game is designed for pve. They made arenas? The "groundbreakingness" of the soul series is the invasions aspect? Idk man, I dont presume to know. I just know that they got it right, and will continue to do so.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:33 pm

Archandes wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:

AGREE/DISAGREE: Rapidfire bows. I’m eatin people alive with my bows as is. Especially when you get the head shots down. Bows are meant to tease. Maybe shoot 2 arrows simultaneously at the cost of range?

Yea i know bow is a viable option (since i got killed by a bunch of bow user, dat poison arrow), but in my opinion, current ranged weapon are lacking on characteristic. The difference between bow and crossbow is that bow require both hands, while you can use other like a pistol which is quite ridiculous. Aside from that, it also has the same dilemma as the other weapon and spell, which is lack of variety.

Most of bow user i encounter on pvp is using composite and if lucky enough, longbow. Other bow is just not that good enough and serve it's purpose as collection on bottomless box, this case also happened certain melee weapon (and certain weapon type). Spell in the other hand also has the same fate, i mean who need combustion when you have greater combustion, and so on.

What i wanna see is more weapon / spell choice for us instead of getting narrowed when almost reaching endgame content. Imagine fighting pyromancer (sry for lack of variation since my char are only dex and pyro dex) who use basic fireball instead of the same "here we go again" spellset because it's viable. This concept will keep the game fresh on both PVP and PVE since you will have hellish build combination to try, while trying to find how to counter certain build.

Oh yeah i almost forgot one thing, i think the reason why ppl avoid high SL pvp aside from several spell / weapon is getting outdated, is because the stat point is already soo high that you can stack high poise, yet still able to do ninja roll, or having super high HP. I think it's time for dev to add more capabilities for light armor, giving them more reason (asside from weight since increasing end solve that issue) for us to wear light armor, like able to dodge backstab / grab, or a chance to reduce damage and negate stagger. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Sorry about my English btw.

I like your analogy about using a crossbow like a pistol and bows requiring 2 hands, thats pretty insightful actually.

I completely agree about the soul level meta. I think its ashame that optimization comes so early on in the game from this standpoint. I would like to see some minor tweaaks that would push the meta into soul level 200 or 300. Not because I have a desire to level as high as I can, but because it could offer variety if done right. Not that there is a lack of variety now, just not as much as I'd like to see.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:14 pm

Umm, why did you even join this forum, Mr. White? I just checked your post history and in every single one you ridicule someone else's ideas. Have you ever considered constructive discussion, and maybe showing a little bit of respect for other people's opinions?
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:27 pm

gmwdim wrote:Umm, why did you even join this forum, Mr. White? I just checked your post history and in every single one you ridicule someone else's ideas. Have you ever considered constructive discussion, and maybe showing a little bit of respect for other people's opinions?

Absolutely, I'm all for constructive discussion and I respect others opinions. Just when they make even a tiny semblance of sense.
    I mean really - believing the game takes place in Lordran even though FromSoft said it doesn't, wanting to keep the AI incredibly dumb, hoping that invasions will be completely removed - really?
    All I ask is that people think about this rationally and speculate in a logical sense, not come up with the most absurd and unlikely ideas that would ruin the game.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:30 pm

Animaaal wrote:RANT
    No, I don't think you're hearing me.
    The bosses are too easy.
    As a side note, out of the 4 bosses you mentioned I did defeat Flamelurker and Capra on first try.

Most agree with me, their AI is dumb as hell and nearly all of them have an exploitable weak spot (like, get close on the right side etc.) which prevents them from even hitting you. No one wants to see this again, it would be a big mistake not to greatly increase boss & enemy AI by a lot.

I wouldn't insult your ideas if they had been good, I did carefully analyse them but they are just awful and would forever change the series. As in, take it in a majorly different direction.

For example, you want to be able to summon much higher SL phantoms, which would then be scaled down according to your level. How exactly would this make any sense? When they get summoned do you think they will be glad to find out their stamina has been scaled down and they can no longer wear the armor and weapon they use on that character. It wouldn't be the same character anymore for the duration of that co-op.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:42 pm

Frank_White wrote:
    gmwdim wrote:Umm, why did you even join this forum, Mr. White? I just checked your post history and in every single one you ridicule someone else's ideas. Have you ever considered constructive discussion, and maybe showing a little bit of respect for other people's opinions?

Absolutely, I'm all for constructive discussion and I respect others opinions. Just when they make even a tiny semblance of sense.
    I mean really - believing the game takes place in Lordran even though FromSoft said it doesn't, wanting to keep the AI incredibly dumb, hoping that invasions will be completely removed - really?
    All I ask is that people think about this rationally and speculate in a logical sense, not come up with the most absurd and unlikely ideas that would ruin the game.

It's entirely possible to disagree with someone's opinion (e.g. someone else thinks the bosses are hard, you think they are easy) while still being respectful. Dismissing other people's ideas outright by calling them terrible, even if you think the reasons are obvious, makes you come off as rude and arrogant. Also, don't you think it's a bit presumptuous to repeatedly claim to speak on behalf of "true fans" of the game when a disagreement occurs? As far as I can tell, it's possible for people with very different (and conflicting) ideas to all be fans of the same game.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:52 pm

"Most agree with me..."

Here's where I think you're definitely wrong. By "most" you must mean yourself and a few other players you know who are really good at Souls games. Because by the general definition of "most" there are plenty of hard bosses in Dark Souls. Heck, I'm pretty sure I've died against every boss in Dark Souls except for Pinwheel, and I'm pretty sure I'm not a particularly terrible player (especially given some of the hosts I've seen while co-oping bosses).
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:02 pm

gmwdim wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:

It's entirely possible to disagree with someone's opinion (e.g. someone else thinks the bosses are hard, you think they are easy) while still being respectful. Dismissing other people's ideas outright by calling them terrible, even if you think the reasons are obvious, makes you come off as rude and arrogant. Also, don't you think it's a bit presumptuous to repeatedly claim to speak on behalf of "true fans" of the game when a disagreement occurs? As far as I can tell, it's possible for people with very different (and conflicting) ideas to all be fans of the same game.

And exactly why is calling someones ideas terrible so frowned upon here? It's normal, that happens, deal with it.
    By true fans I meant players who want the next installment to keep all the best attributes but improve upon them & then expand upon that. There's only one person arguing with me here, so that doesn't really invalidate my idea of what "true Souls fans" want.
    Anyway, I agree, everyone who plays Dark Souls can be its fan. But let's be honest here, the only opinions I've been against have been those that would make the game a lot more easy and casual. Exactly what is wrong about being strictly against that when it comes to Souls games? Say what you say, but most people do agree with me on this.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:06 pm

I dont care if they make teh PVE easier .

I played Demons since Day one and had little Problems getting through Darks . I dont think theres much they can throw at me PVE wise that would suprise me .

The reason i still play the Souls games is the simple PVP .
    As long as they don't screw up the PVP part i'm happy
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:12 pm

gmwdim wrote:"Most agree with me..."

Here's where I think you're definitely wrong. By "most" you must mean yourself and a few other players you know who are really good at Souls games. Because by the general definition of "most" there are plenty of hard bosses in Dark Souls. Heck, I'm pretty sure I've died against every boss in Dark Souls except for Pinwheel, and I'm pretty sure I'm not a particularly terrible player (especially given some of the hosts I've seen while co-oping bosses).

In addition to me and those I know to play Souls, well... Epic Name Bro and the entire community that follows him? So hundreds of thousands at least. A lot more than that too, I mean that's why these games are so popular, because they're so unique and difficult. If that changed, people would become uninterested.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:14 pm

You just contradicted yourself. You said "The bosses are too easy". Now you say that the games are popular because they're so difficult.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:26 pm

There is no right and wrong or better or worse as far as attributes of the game go - only your opinions. More fans than not may want the same things, but that doesn't mean it'd be better or worse If that majority got what they wanted.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:30 pm

gmwdim wrote:You just contradicted yourself. You said "The bosses are too easy". Now you say that the games are popular because they're so difficult.

That's not a contradiction. Check the dictionary.
    The games are difficult in comparison to other modern games. And even though the bosses are easy, we can still get killed by numerous traps, enemies and other players.
    For example: first time in Sen's Fortress was hell, I died a lot of times, especially on the final walkway with the axe-traps. Yet the boss of Sen's is one of the easiest ones of them all.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:33 pm

Okay, so you're arguing that the bosses are easy, but the non-boss part of the games are difficult? That's interesting because I recall dying a lot more in boss fights than elsewhere, but maybe I'm just the exception.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:35 pm

gmwdim wrote:Okay, so you're arguing that the bosses are easy, but the non-boss part of the games are difficult? That's interesting because I recall dying a lot more in boss fights than elsewhere, but maybe I'm just the exception.

It's the same for me. I died at Sen's and to the Anor Londo archers twice at most on my first playthrough, but the bosses destroyed me.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:46 pm

The evidence you cite for the bosses being "too easy" is that their "AI is dumb as hell and nearly all of them have an exploitable weak spot". So how, then, did you die "a lot of times" to the axe-traps in Sen's, which have even dumber "AI" than the bosses and certainly have an exploitable weak spot (i.e. wait for the right time and run forward)? Really, a guy who finds Flamelurker, Capra Demon, 4 Kings, Kalameet, Manus (assuming you have the DLC), etc. to be so easy that they're "a joke" died repeatedly to axes in Sen's? You must be either making things up or have a truly unique play style.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:40 pm

gmwdim wrote:The evidence you cite for the bosses being "too easy" is that their "AI is dumb as hell and nearly all of them have an exploitable weak spot". So how, then, did you die "a lot of times" to the axe-traps in Sen's, which have even dumber "AI" than the bosses and certainly have an exploitable weak spot (i.e. wait for the right time and run forward)? Really, a guy who finds Flamelurker, Capra Demon, 4 Kings, Kalameet, Manus (assuming you have the DLC), etc. to be so easy that they're "a joke" died repeatedly to axes in Sen's? You must be either making things up or have a truly unique play style.

You have a wild imagination and a fondness to twisting others words. But for the sake of reasonable argumentation, try not to do that anymore.

I died many times in Sens' because I got invaded, because the mimic ate me, because I didn't yet know there is a small safe spot between the 4 axes, because I never found the upper bonfire on my first character. It's the brilliant way how the layout of the game is planned that sometimes makes it difficult.

In general though, yes I didn't find it that difficult of a game because I had played Demons Souls already.

But I never said I found 4 Kings easy, they wrecked me a few times because my first character was full melee. I don't have the DLC, but I've heard all the bosses in it are actually challenging (they're very aggressive). That is good, and I wish DaS2 bosses will be so too, and even more challenging.

P.S try crossing the last Sens bridge with a melee character who has no means to get rid of the lightning throwing snake. Sure I can do it now easily but on the first time there...
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:51 pm

"The bosses in DaS are a JOKE."
    "The bosses are too easy."

Your exact words. The only exception you mentioned was O&S. Logically concluding, then, that you believe 4 Kings is easy is not "twisting your words".

Also, a guy without DLC saying other people are not "true fans" of the game? Now THAT is a joke. lol
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:23 pm

gmwdim wrote:"The bosses in DaS are a JOKE."
    "The bosses are too easy."

Your exact words. The only exception you mentioned was O&S. Logically concluding, then, that you believe 4 Kings is easy is not "twisting your words".

Also, a guy without DLC saying other people are not "true fans" of the game? Now THAT is a joke. lol

It's starting to become more and more clear to me that YOU are a joke. O&S is not the only exception I made, I said most bosses were too easy, and few were challenging, especially Ornstein & Smough.

You did twist my words, and you continue to do so. You are incredibly bent on winning an argument you lost long ago. I now see there is absolutely no point in arguing with a nutjob like you.

I don't have the DLC because you need a credit card for PS Store and I'm a student.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:24 am