Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 35 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by samster628 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:23 am

The main thing needed really HAS to be smaller hit box for backstabbing and less lag. There should also be no dark wood grain ring and there must be better servers. SOOOOOOOOOO many times i have been having a nice fight with someone and then they teleport behind me and stab me with a chaos wepon. there also should be wepons paths to slow stanima regen of your enemies etc as it would add to the variety of foes you could face.

tutorial is fine nothing wrong there but enemies do need to be made harder. on DK souls the foes tend to be quite weak but can swarm you. If you combine this with the fact that you can easily draw them in one at a time though the game becomes too easy. And do something when stood still i hate walking into a room and having all the enemies stood like statues til you come within range.

Basically harder gameplay and less able to use noob tactics in PvP. And to present the story like they do in DK souls - IE not in your face but loads of lore if you look for it.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:15 am

I'd love a character creator similar to that of Dragon's Dogma.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:19 am

Yes, because we know we'd look awesome under the Sack :mask-sack:

I just press Random until i get something that doesnt look like an Oblivion Character and thats fine silly
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:04 am

^Sloth Yes! How much time that can save when making new characters!
    While I do like the Dragon's Dogma character creation system, I think what Dark Souls is already using fits the Souls games better. I just hope they add more hair and facial hair options, and the ability to edit ears. ._.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Acarnatia wrote:the ability to edit ears. ._.

Smackdown vs Raw character creator anyone? silly

Edit: actually... that wouldn't be half bad, not bad at all.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:09 pm

on top of more spells and what not in the game there really needs to be more armor fit for mages almost every mage wore the big hat logan get up and if they could they wore the channelor armor
    Archandes

Post by Archandes Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:00 am

My long list of Wish for DS2

General
    1. Able to summon much higher SL toon with scaling system (which prevent them to become gamebreaking factor. Scalling affect damage & armor & res value plus HP, and Stamina). Invader also able to do the same thing.
    2. Add specific summoning option (Ex: enable/disable Higher SL summoning & invade option). Also Able to invite specific player who's on the list. This encourage ppl to travel in pack.
    3. Enable group invade, this will turn the invader colour to purple no matter the convenant they have, and enemies also hostile toward red/purple player. Only host and his group that will received soul from killed enemies.
    4. Able to summon, even when the area boss is already defeated (should be on different logo).
    5. Better Server connection. Means faster summoning
    6. Remove annoying ring like Ring of Favor and Protection, since it will be most ppl final destination, it also encourage someone to dupe it
    7. BIGGER WORLD, MOAR ENEMIES!!!!
    8. NG+ boss has new movement (like buff when hp reach 50%)
    9. Better Chat system

Gameplay
    1. Add Time Attack mode, where you can redo certain map all over again (boss respawned but only drop soul).
    2. Add Survival mode, fight against a bunch of annoying enemy which consist of several wave
    3. Add Nightmare mode on bonfire option (inspired from red eye ring), the bad guys will be much tougher and new type of enemy will be summoned randomly near your place (using the same system as invader, only you just hear the sound without annoucement). Good option for those who travel in pack / hunger for extra machoist challenge. Nightmare mode can be disabled on bonfire.

Weapon & Spell

General

1. Several weapon (like Dagger &other light and short weapon, pyromancy flame) type in two handed stance will use "Dual Wield" stance instead (only need a main hand, but will add weight once you switch to dual wield stance).
    2. Equiping shield in the back will reduction some damage from the back side, including BACKSTAB!!! (damage reduction value are affected by shield type)
    3. Some weapon has special ability to reduce back shield effectiveness, making @$$ stabing still a "viable" strategy.
    4. Add more Blocking Value for some non shield type (encourage someone to go aggresive build).
    5. Make every weapon / spell scale correctly so we have more option to choose at higher level.

Melee
    1. Each type of weapon has different backstab damage value (to prevent everyone to go @$$ seeking)
    2. Player who get backstabed & grabbed will receive immunity to another backstab & grab for 5 second.
    3. Add guard breaking movement with weak damage, and long animation (non ultra weapon can only break no shield,small and medium shield, larger shield need something bigger like ultra greatsword). This move can be cancelled in mid air for tricking purpose. Large weapon has more extra damage when successfully breaking guard. This will prevent spamming guard stance, while looking for someone @$$.
    4. Add Grab movement for some weapon (replacing the strong attack) type like fist, and whip.
    5. Make whip, and some shield a better main hand weapon.

Ranged General
    1. Add Crosshair (tiny dot would be awesome) when equiping ranged weapon/ spell.
    2. Add ring that increase bow / crossbow / Great bow / throwing main / off hand Critical chance (increase chance to stagger people, greatbow will receive more extra damage instead.)

Ranged Weapon
    1. Add Main / off hand throwing weapon such as Javelin, throwing knife/ axe, maybe boomerang. Each throw consume weapon durability. This weapon type cannot use two handed stance, but has melee movement.
    2. Make Crossbow Scaled with dex/str when using two handed stance (that mean reducing the base damage value).
    3. Add Aim stance for crossbow, Also reduce almost every bolt effective range, making sniper bolt usefull.
    4. Make bow able to do chain shot (Atk spd increase after the 1st for 2 more attack). 2nd and 3rd shot cost more stamina. Holding the button instead of tapping after 1st shot will make bow use normal attack instead.
    5. Add melee attack for greatbow
    6. Rearrange the arrow and bolt type. Arrow are much more specialized in element (means add lightning arrow), while bolt focused on raw damage but able to ignore some armor value (add armor & shield piercing bolt, remove lightning bolt).

Spell
    1. Make spell able to recharge without using bonfire (add cooldown for recharging). Each spell has different recharging cooldown. Casting spell will consume your weapon durability.
    2. Casting spell also consume stamina
    3. Add ground target spell
    4. Able to max spell number on 1st playthrough (either from buying, or drop from certain enemies after acquiring from chest / corpse).
    5. Different stacking mechanism, instead of giving raw number, stacking spell will only increase spell number to certain point (EX: put 2nd great fireball will only increase it's number to 6, while stacking 3rd will only give 1) but also increase the spell effectiveness (like damage, recharge time, duration, and effect). Only able to stack 3 times.
    6. Lower spell type can be cast simultaneously, while higher one needs time to cast (EX:Fireball can be casted rapidly like Vegeta Ki Voley Blast, while great fireball has casting time like Goku Kamehameha). This will prevent some spell from getting forgotten after acquiring higher one.
    7. Equiping Spellcasting weapon on two hand will increase it's effectiveness (Magadjust, Recharge, casting time).
    8. Increase Magadjust when you reach HIGHER SL, this will prevent some spell such as pyromancy to get outdated when reacing SL 150+++
    9. Make Magadjust scale with 2 different stat (EX: Pyromancy are affected by dex and str). This will prevent certain spell such as pyro to get overpowered at early game.

Can't believe i made this much
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:31 pm

ZoltarTheDestroyer wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:Invaders are designed to balance the game when dealing with summons. Griefers ruin it for everyone of course. But they wanted invaders to actually present a barrier to Co-Op, a risk for the reward.
    Man, so many of you guys are just blowing smoke... So far I've heard that invaders have nobility, they should be allowed to invade indefinitely without consecquence, and now I'm hearing that there invasions actually balance the game. Interesting, especially since I have never said there shouldnt be invasions. All I've said is that there should be a risk involved while invading. And I'm posting on a wishlist thread, calling someone a "griefer" for not having views in line with yours is childish.

No offense man but you're wrong about everything you're saying. Very, very wrong. FromSoft never set any rules to how invaders should act. In fact, Miyazaki and FromSoft themselves ENCOURAGE you to be as cruel as possible if you're an invader.
    There is no requirement of honor or rules to follow for Darkwraiths. If you think they should be punished for invading then this is obviously not the game for you, perhaps you should try something else than Souls games?
    I think though that whoever dies in PvP, invader or host should permanently lose their souls. This would make it more exciting for both participants.
    But seriously, just quit it with the "honorful duel" stuff, that was never the intention of FromSoft for these games.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Rudmed wrote:I never said I wanted an aiming reticule for magic. I just want my character not to throw at such a downward angle. Would you throw a grenade like that? No? Then why am I throwing a a lighting bolt or fireball at the ground!

You can actually choose the angle yourself... Just tilt the view so that you are looking upwards, then your character will throw the bomb (or anything he's throwing, shooting) that way. You can throw firebombs very far this way actually.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:38 pm

aprilmanha wrote:Well if you really want to add the attacks that have wide spread to hit multiple opponents in single player then I guess you have have that to? I don't quite get why you want the bosses made harder though?
    If you really want to make it harder, just play without a weapon! <-- this is a joke, please laugh!

I hope you're a troll. You want invading out, you don't want harder bosses, where do you come up with this ****?
    Play something else if you want an easy game, but real Souls fans want a challenge. Of course we want harder bosses, they're all ABSURDLY easy except for Ornstein & Smough.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:20 pm

Archandes wrote:My long list of Wish for DS2

General
    1. Able to summon much higher SL toon with scaling system (which prevent them to become gamebreaking factor. Scalling affect damage & armor & res value plus HP, and Stamina). Invader also able to do the same thing.
    2. Add specific summoning option (Ex: enable/disable Higher SL summoning & invade option). Also Able to invite specific player who's on the list. This encourage ppl to travel in pack.
    3. Enable group invade, this will turn the invader colour to purple no matter the convenant they have, and enemies also hostile toward red/purple player. Only host and his group that will received soul from killed enemies.
    4. Able to summon, even when the area boss is already defeated (should be on different logo).
    5. Better Server connection. Means faster summoning
    6. Remove annoying ring like Ring of Favor and Protection, since it will be most ppl final destination, it also encourage someone to dupe it
    7. BIGGER WORLD, MOAR ENEMIES!!!!
    8. NG+ boss has new movement (like buff when hp reach 50%)
    9. Better Chat system

Gameplay
    1. Add Time Attack mode, where you can redo certain map all over again (boss respawned but only drop soul).
    2. Add Survival mode, fight against a bunch of annoying enemy which consist of several wave
    3. Add Nightmare mode on bonfire option (inspired from red eye ring), the bad guys will be much tougher and new type of enemy will be summoned randomly near your place (using the same system as invader, only you just hear the sound without annoucement). Good option for those who travel in pack / hunger for extra machoist challenge. Nightmare mode can be disabled on bonfire.

Weapon & Spell

General

1. Several weapon (like Dagger &other light and short weapon, pyromancy flame) type in two handed stance will use "Dual Wield" stance instead (only need a main hand, but will add weight once you switch to dual wield stance).
    2. Equiping shield in the back will reduction some damage from the back side, including BACKSTAB!!! (damage reduction value are affected by shield type)
    3. Some weapon has special ability to reduce back shield effectiveness, making @$$ stabing still a "viable" strategy.
    4. Add more Blocking Value for some non shield type (encourage someone to go aggresive build).
    5. Make every weapon / spell scale correctly so we have more option to choose at higher level.

Melee
    1. Each type of weapon has different backstab damage value (to prevent everyone to go @$$ seeking)
    2. Player who get backstabed & grabbed will receive immunity to another backstab & grab for 5 second.
    3. Add guard breaking movement with weak damage, and long animation (non ultra weapon can only break no shield,small and medium shield, larger shield need something bigger like ultra greatsword). This move can be cancelled in mid air for tricking purpose. Large weapon has more extra damage when successfully breaking guard. This will prevent spamming guard stance, while looking for someone @$$.
    4. Add Grab movement for some weapon (replacing the strong attack) type like fist, and whip.
    5. Make whip, and some shield a better main hand weapon.

Ranged General
    1. Add Crosshair (tiny dot would be awesome) when equiping ranged weapon/ spell.
    2. Add ring that increase bow / crossbow / Great bow / throwing main / off hand Critical chance (increase chance to stagger people, greatbow will receive more extra damage instead.)

Ranged Weapon
    1. Add Main / off hand throwing weapon such as Javelin, throwing knife/ axe, maybe boomerang. Each throw consume weapon durability. This weapon type cannot use two handed stance, but has melee movement.
    2. Make Crossbow Scaled with dex/str when using two handed stance (that mean reducing the base damage value).
    3. Add Aim stance for crossbow, Also reduce almost every bolt effective range, making sniper bolt usefull.
    4. Make bow able to do chain shot (Atk spd increase after the 1st for 2 more attack). 2nd and 3rd shot cost more stamina. Holding the button instead of tapping after 1st shot will make bow use normal attack instead.
    5. Add melee attack for greatbow
    6. Rearrange the arrow and bolt type. Arrow are much more specialized in element (means add lightning arrow), while bolt focused on raw damage but able to ignore some armor value (add armor & shield piercing bolt, remove lightning bolt).

Spell
    1. Make spell able to recharge without using bonfire (add cooldown for recharging). Each spell has different recharging cooldown. Casting spell will consume your weapon durability.
    2. Casting spell also consume stamina
    3. Add ground target spell
    4. Able to max spell number on 1st playthrough (either from buying, or drop from certain enemies after acquiring from chest / corpse).
    5. Different stacking mechanism, instead of giving raw number, stacking spell will only increase spell number to certain point (EX: put 2nd great fireball will only increase it's number to 6, while stacking 3rd will only give 1) but also increase the spell effectiveness (like damage, recharge time, duration, and effect). Only able to stack 3 times.
    6. Lower spell type can be cast simultaneously, while higher one needs time to cast (EX:Fireball can be casted rapidly like Vegeta Ki Voley Blast, while great fireball has casting time like Goku Kamehameha). This will prevent some spell from getting forgotten after acquiring higher one.
    7. Equiping Spellcasting weapon on two hand will increase it's effectiveness (Magadjust, Recharge, casting time).
    8. Increase Magadjust when you reach HIGHER SL, this will prevent some spell such as pyromancy to get outdated when reacing SL 150+++
    9. Make Magadjust scale with 2 different stat (EX: Pyromancy are affected by dex and str). This will prevent certain spell such as pyro to get overpowered at early game.

Can't believe i made this much

I for one can't believe how you managed to make that many ideas and nearly every one of them is incredibly bad. I think I can speak for most Souls fans when I say we don't want any of your ideas to get implemented, except for smarter bosses in NG+, better chat system (party voice chat)and shield on back preventing backstabs.
    emraluces
    emraluces

Post by emraluces Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:28 am

I agree. Its astonishing how many people swear they'll never play dks2 if From ruins the game by making it more accessible, then they go on to list a hundred changes they would like to see that would forever alter the soul of the series, that would destroy the games we know and love.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:42 am

Frank_White wrote:...I think though that whoever dies in PvP, invader or host should permanently lose their souls...

No effin way. Not EVER. I want the one more chance to get my bloodstain (also love the concept behind calling it a "bloodstain") back, after that, then fine. Bloodstain apart of souls, bloodstain stays.

It would encourage mindless spending, and cripple the ability to stock pile and level up. Do the math, you really wanna do it twice? No way man.

Frank_White wrote:...Of course we want harder bosses, they're all ABSURDLY easy except for Ornstein & Smough...

This is such a misconception. If they are easy for you, then they are easy for me for the same reasons. Same reason the Bosses in DeS got easier, and any game for that matter imo....practice.

Who cares if they make easy mode for people? I'll make it hard on myself...and you. When you meet me, you certainly wont be thinkin easy mode, oooo no :evil: (by you I mean anyone)

Does anyone really care? Theres gonna be ng +, ng +++, etcetcetc. Whatever they do it will be fine, I have zero worries about this issue. My opinon of course.

@Archandes

First of, very good work. Very descriptive, well thought out, and self-critiqued before posting. Bravo to you for not posting a bunch of garbage. I agree/disagree, of course, and would like to gloss over some examples.

AGREE: Summoning higher soul levels....yes. Not about the entire idea parameters though. If anything I would like to see a “wide open” filtering process, but only with the ability for the host to summon in a descending fashion. Sorry bud, you cant find another helper at 4 kings (for example), tough. You can have another one, but only a newbie…seems soulish to me that way.

AGREE: Better chat for sure. Voice chat?!?!...I’m unsure about that one at the moment. I don’t see any harm in it I suppose.

DISAGREE: Survival modes…just no. Maybe Demon’s Souls 4.

DISAGREE: Anything to do a the shield preventing backstab damage. Connecting something as crucial as “balancing backstabs” to a shield would wreck it. You might as well say you can only equip the RoFaP with a shield. 97% would have a shield…catch my drift?

AGREE/DISAGREE: Rapidfire bows. I’m eatin people alive with my bows as is. Especially when you get the head shots down. Bows are meant to tease. Maybe shoot 2 arrows simultaneously at the cost of range?

AGREE: SPELL RECHARGE, I really really really really really really really really think this is a good idea. Someone in another thread said (OH UBLUG) recharge when you pick up a bloodstain. Any form of this that isn’t as simple as using an item or killing an enemy I’m prolly all for.

DISAGREE: That spells or “castings” cost stamina. Unless they actually made casting a “weapon” so to speak, in other words, a true mage…not a spellsword, I’d be all for it. I use castings now to regen stamina as an intentional tactic.

Again, this is glossing over a lot of information. As I reread I'm sure I'll agree/disagree with more. Thanks for taking the time o contribute. I enjoy the way you articulate.

@Frank_White

You should be careful who you claim to speak for...

I DEFINITELY want some of those ideas implemented. No offense, but did you read it?

I DEFINITELY DONT WANT THE SHIELD/BACKSTAB THING! YES I'M SHOUTING.

No smarter bosses (unecessary)...did I mention the shield on your back thing?

Last edited by Animaaal on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : selling/structure/grammer)
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:51 am

I want them to stop making weapons weaker/sh*ttier than average just because they have unique moves, most unique moves aren't even useful Look Skyward

I'm mostly talking about dragon weapons, but at 6 lbs the Dark Sword should not have the exact same AR as the Sunlight Straight Sword. I only tolerate it cause it looks cool, but that thing was hardly worth 30 humanity.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:52 am

Sloth9230 wrote:...Co-oping makes most levels a joke, invaders make the joke less funny....
    Forum Pirate wrote:^HA. Thats a great way to put it.

^HA. It is lol.
    Archandes

Post by Archandes Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:03 am

Animaaal wrote:

AGREE/DISAGREE: Rapidfire bows. I’m eatin people alive with my bows as is. Especially when you get the head shots down. Bows are meant to tease. Maybe shoot 2 arrows simultaneously at the cost of range?

Yea i know bow is a viable option (since i got killed by a bunch of bow user, dat poison arrow), but in my opinion, current ranged weapon are lacking on characteristic. The difference between bow and crossbow is that bow require both hands, while you can use other like a pistol which is quite ridiculous. Aside from that, it also has the same dilemma as the other weapon and spell, which is lack of variety.

Most of bow user i encounter on pvp is using composite and if lucky enough, longbow. Other bow is just not that good enough and serve it's purpose as collection on bottomless box, this case also happened certain melee weapon (and certain weapon type). Spell in the other hand also has the same fate, i mean who need combustion when you have greater combustion, and so on.

What i wanna see is more weapon / spell choice for us instead of getting narrowed when almost reaching endgame content. Imagine fighting pyromancer (sry for lack of variation since my char are only dex and pyro dex) who use basic fireball instead of the same "here we go again" spellset because it's viable. This concept will keep the game fresh on both PVP and PVE since you will have hellish build combination to try, while trying to find how to counter certain build.

Oh yeah i almost forgot one thing, i think the reason why ppl avoid high SL pvp aside from several spell / weapon is getting outdated, is because the stat point is already soo high that you can stack high poise, yet still able to do ninja roll, or having super high HP. I think it's time for dev to add more capabilities for light armor, giving them more reason (asside from weight since increasing end solve that issue) for us to wear light armor, like able to dodge backstab / grab, or a chance to reduce damage and negate stagger. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Sorry about my English btw.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:27 am

Animaaal wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:...I think though that whoever dies in PvP, invader or host should permanently lose their souls...

No effin way. Not EVER. I want the one more chance to get my bloodstain (also love the concept behind calling it a "bloodstain") back, after that, then fine. Bloodstain apart of souls, bloodstain stays.

It would encourage mindless spending, and cripple the ability to stock pile and level up. Do the math, you really wanna do it twice? No way man.

Frank_White wrote:...Of course we want harder bosses, they're all ABSURDLY easy except for Ornstein & Smough...

This is such a misconception. If they are easy for you, then they are easy for me for the same reasons. Same reason the Bosses in DeS got easier, and any game for that matter imo....practice.

Who cares if they make easy mode for people? I'll make it hard on myself...and you. When you meet me, you certainly wont be thinkin easy mode, oooo no :evil: (by you I mean anyone)

Does anyone really care? Theres gonna be ng +, ng +++, etcetcetc. Whatever they do it will be fine, I have zero worries about this issue. My opinon of course.

@Archandes

First of, very good work. Very descriptive, well thought out, and self-critiqued before posting. Bravo to you for not posting a bunch of garbage. I agree/disagree, of course, and would like to gloss over some examples.

AGREE: Summoning higher soul levels....yes. Not about the entire idea parameters though. If anything I would like to see a “wide open” filtering process, but only with the ability for the host to summon in a descending fashion. Sorry bud, you cant find another helper at 4 kings (for example), tough. You can have another one, but only a newbie…seems soulish to me that way.

AGREE: Better chat for sure. Voice chat?!?!...I’m unsure about that one at the moment. I don’t see any harm in it I suppose.

DISAGREE: Survival modes…just no. Maybe Demon’s Souls 4.

DISAGREE: Anything to do a the shield preventing backstab damage. Connecting something as crucial as “balancing backstabs” to a shield would wreck it. You might as well say you can only equip the RoFaP with a shield. 97% would have a shield…catch my drift?

AGREE: SPELL RECHARGE, I really really really really really really really really think this is a good idea. Someone in another thread said (OH UBLUG) recharge when you pick up a bloodstain. Any form of this that isn’t as simple as using an item or killing an enemy I’m prolly all for.

DISAGREE: That spells or “castings” cost stamina. Unless they actually made casting a “weapon” so to speak, in other words, a true mage…not a spellsword, I’d be all for it. I use castings now to regen stamina as an intentional tactic.

Again, this is glossing over a lot of information. As I reread I'm sure I'll agree/disagree with more. Thanks for taking the time o contribute. I enjoy the way you articulate.

@Frank_White

You should be careful who you claim to speak for...

I DEFINITELY want some of those ideas implemented. No offense, but did you read it?

I DEFINITELY DONT WANT THE SHIELD/BACKSTAB THING! YES I'M SHOUTING.

No smarter bosses (unecessary)...did I mention the shield on your back thing?

Yeah well you're one them with all these ideas about making the game more accessible and easy. "Remove invasions pls".
    No, the bosses were not easy to me because of practice, but because they were easy. O&S was one of the very few that I didn't kill on first or second try. The bosses in DaS are a JOKE.
    Who cares if they make easy mode? I do, and so do many others. It would ruin the series. It would remove the atmosphere.
    Btw, I was talking on behalf of true Souls fans. You clearly are not among us.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:31 am

We are all "true" Souls fans, Mr. White. Anyone who enjoys the game should be revered as much. We all have differing opinions, and some want the game to change more than others. There's nothing wrong with that.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:34 am

Oh yeah, my wish:
    I really, really hope it takes place in Carim. Known for its masters of dual wielding (this would automatically mean they have finally made dual wield a viable option), and insane rulers like Arstor. Sounds like an awesome setting because it kind of resembles Boletaria with its mad kings and whatnot
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:36 am

The Letter X wrote:We are all "true" Souls fans, Mr. White. Anyone who enjoys the game should be revered as much. We all have differing opinions, and some want the game to change more than others. There's nothing wrong with that.

I'm afraid I can't agree with that. When someone wishes for drastic changes to the core gameplay of the Souls series, I don't think they quite get the idea FromSoft had in mind...
    Or why we love it so much. If you implement these large changes then it's just like any other medieval RPG.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:45 am

Frank_White wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:We are all "true" Souls fans, Mr. White. Anyone who enjoys the game should be revered as much. We all have differing opinions, and some want the game to change more than others. There's nothing wrong with that.

I'm afraid I can't agree with that. When someone wishes for drastic changes to the core gameplay of the Souls series, I don't think they quite get the idea FromSoft had in mind...
    Or why we love it so much. If you implement these large changes then it's just like any other medieval RPG.

Dark Souls can be completely worked around and have all of its core elements taken out and still ve different from most medieval RPG's if done correctly. Would I want the game to change that much? No, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if it did. Even if someone doesn't have From's original intent in mind, it doesn't mean they can't be a "true" fan of the game. They want improvements just like we do.

Dual wielding is perfectly viable, by the way. It can be improved, but it's viable.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:47 am

The Letter X wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:

Dark Souls can be completely worked around and have all of its core elements taken out and still ve different from most medieval RPG's if done correctly. Would I want the game to change that much? No, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if it did. Even if someone doesn't have From's original intent in mind, it doesn't mean they can't be a "true" fan of the game. They want improvements just like we do.

Dual wielding is perfectly viable, by the way. It can be improved, but it's viable.

Sure, "viable". But it was better in Demons Souls. Duel wielding katanas was perhaps the most used PvP build, because it was lethal. You ever see anyone dual wield in Dark Souls PvP? I have only once during like 1000 hours of playthrough (gold & silver tracer).
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:54 am

Yeah, I have - myself. Many others as well. I believe it's best that dual wielding is like it is in Dark Souls rather than on Demon's Souls. Dual wielding shouldn't be something everyone can do. It should be a rare thing if anything at all.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:58 am

The bosses in DaS are a JOKE.
    Agreeable for the most part. The game needs more bosses like the DLC, not Nito that you can dodge by literally standing in front of him or Seath that is slow as a slug.

I suppose I am repeating myself here (I know I posted this before...I think), but I would like for enemies to have access to mounts as opposed to access to 1-time use traps. Hollows are sometimes too easy, they need a battle horse.

Yeah, I have - myself. Many others as well. I believe it's best that
    dual wielding is like it is in Dark Souls rather than on Demon's Souls.
    Dual wielding shouldn't be something everyone can do. It should be a
    rare thing if anything at all.
    Dual-wielding needs to be better. It's beyond impractical, it needs to be at least impractical.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:02 am

Seignar wrote:
    The bosses in DaS are a JOKE.
    Agreeable for the most part. The game needs more bosses like the DLC, not Nito that you can dodge by literally standing in front of him or Seath that is slow as a slug.

I suppose I am repeating myself here (I know I posted this before...I think), but I would like for enemies to have access to mounts as opposed to access to 1-time use traps. Hollows are sometimes too easy, they need a battle horse.

Yeah, I have - myself. Many others as well. I believe it's best that
    dual wielding is like it is in Dark Souls rather than on Demon's Souls.
    Dual wielding shouldn't be something everyone can do. It should be a
    rare thing if anything at all.
    Dual-wielding needs to be better. It's beyond impractical, it needs to be at least impractical.

Didn't you read the interview of the directors? There are grim reaper looking enemies that chase after you with a chariot pulled by two skeletal horses. They come after you if you have sinned.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:20 am