Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Bearded Dragon
    Bearded Dragon

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 39 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by Bearded Dragon Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Frank_White wrote:
    Bearded Dragon wrote:A few things on my wishlist are:

1. Some kind of respec option. I understand many may think that would be a bad idea because it takes away the consequences of making bad decisions and could be exploited in some way. But it can be implemented in a way that the cost of souls to decrease one stat are much more, double perhaps than the cost you would to increase one stat. Also you cannot decrease lower than your starting stats.

Know why that would be bad? Because if everyone just respecced their character, PvP would stay at the same level range. The reason why you're able to find opponents in PvP is because players constantly make new characters and PvP pretty much throughout levels 1-120

Makes sense. What I had in mind though was a respec system meant only for making slight alterations, like if you made a mistake or something. If you want to make new builds it would have to be (much) more efficient to just make a new character all together.
    Bearded Dragon
    Bearded Dragon

Post by Bearded Dragon Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:I think "respecing" would be bad because it would make PVE too easy. Boss weak to magic? Bump INT. Weak to lightning? Bump Faith. High elemental resistances? Go full melee. With some farming, all of that is currently possible; however, it'll be hard to find someone to PVP with at sl 300 silly

That's why I said there should be high consequences to respecing.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:46 pm

Bearded Dragon wrote:
    Makes sense. What I had in mind though was a respec system meant only for making slight alterations, like if you made a mistake or something. If you want to make new builds it would have to be (much) more efficient to just make a new character all together.

You don't know how many times I've put points into stats I wasn't supposed to sad
    ak1287
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ak1287 Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:53 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:I don't see how this many of Frank's posts deserve down-reps? He probably could be a little friendlier, but down-repping him every-time he disagrees with you? What is this? HighSchool???

Edit: As for the wishlist... I want a cape/cloak slot 8)

I think this point needs further addressing. (Both of them, actually).

First, Frank's getting downvoted BECAUSE he's being a ****; not because people are disagreeing with him. I mean, conversations are conducted every day on these forums, in which people disagree; the reputation modifiers seem perfectly fine in those threads.

It's the exact same situation people had with Coma. Except worse, because Frank's just a ****; he's not an elaborate troll. I also find it humorous that he seems to worship at the ENB altar (which is fair, I do too) but seems to miss the point that he's a shining example of the main reason ENB stopped posting about Dark Souls or DkS2; someone who can't debate without attempting to insult everyone who disagrees with him.

As for the cape idea: I'm honestly surprised they weren't in DkS, and I welcome the idea; hopefully this new blood in the series will add more ideas just as awesome.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:16 pm

While I have seen him be an a**, that did not apply to either of these posts

Frank_White wrote:
    Know why that would be bad? Because if everyone just respecced their character, PvP would stay at the same level range. The reason why you're able to find opponents in PvP is because players constantly make new characters and PvP pretty much throughout levels 1-120
    Frank_White wrote:
    You know what tops 20 hours of good gameplay? 60 hours of good gameplay.
    Where on earth are you getting the idea that it's bad gameplay that you have to repeat things in first run of Dark Souls? And that's not mainly why my first run took 70 hours, it's because I searched every corner and didn't know all the secrets yet.

They were down-repped for no reason other than him having him been an a** before. If people can't look past his past behavior, then they should just add him to their block(foe) list. It's better than down-voting every one of his posts just out of spite. That's something children would do.

Anyway, yeah, I want capes. It was the only thing stopping me from cosplaying taskmaster sad
    I can ignore the pistol, but I need a cape dammit!
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:07 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    The only way I would tolerate it is if resetting worked similar to how absolution works, except instead of soul level it would go by total amount of souls invested. Min/maxing doesn't sound so easy when it costs you 500 times the amount of souls you've currently collected.

Finally, a use for all those millions of souls, besides titanite! big grin
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:22 am

Another thing I would like to see is an increase in the fatal drop distance, or even eliminating it altogether (making exceptions of course for infinite drops off cliffsides and into bottomless pits). Take for example the drop from the rotating staircase to Avelyn, in the Duke's Archives. It's a fatal fall if you miss the bookcase, even though it's only a slightly longer drop than if you land on top, since the bookcase itself is not that tall. Another example would be dropping to the pit in Sen's Fortress. From the first walkway you can land safely, but the drop from the next one which is only slightly higher, is fatal. I think that as long as you land on something that's still part of the regular playing area, you should just take damage proportional to the distance fallen.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:41 am

Sloth9230 wrote:While I have seen him be an a**, that did not apply to either of these posts

Frank_White wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:
    You know what tops 20 hours of good gameplay? 60 hours of good gameplay.
    Where on earth are you getting the idea that it's bad gameplay that you have to repeat things in first run of Dark Souls? And that's not mainly why my first run took 70 hours, it's because I searched every corner and didn't know all the secrets yet.

They were down-repped for no reason other than him having him been an a** before. If people can't look past his past behavior, then they should just add him to their block(foe) list. It's better than down-voting every one of his posts just out of spite. That's something children would do.

Anyway, yeah, I want capes. It was the only thing stopping me from cosplaying taskmaster sad
    I can ignore the pistol, but I need a cape dammit!

I'm sorry Sloth, but the first quote you reference I dont agree with. I dont think that a "respec" option would be necessarily disasterous.

Besides that, beginning at statement with a rhetorical question is a ****ing b**** move to say the least. Not only did he do it once, but he did it twice.

I appreciate you trying to stand up for him (not necessarily him) and the principle. Thats why I love this forum.

If you wanna go be a Devil's advocate, then fine. As a matter of fact if you asked me for help, I'd jump into the fire and brimestone with ya (and a couple other coola$s people from here).

But do it for one of us who is having a bad day, not this dude.

ON TOPIC: I want.......wait for it........

.......BREAKOUTS!!!!!

PS-I also dont see anything wrong with down-reping someone for not being polite.

Last edited by Animaaal on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i dont know why)
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:44 am

gmwdim wrote:Another thing I would like to see is an increase in the fatal drop distance, or even eliminating it altogether (making exceptions of course for infinite drops off cliffsides and into bottomless pits). Take for example the drop from the rotating staircase to Avelyn, in the Duke's Archives. It's a fatal fall if you miss the bookcase, even though it's only a slightly longer drop than if you land on top, since the bookcase itself is not that tall. Another example would be dropping to the pit in Sen's Fortress. From the first walkway you can land safely, but the drop from the next one which is only slightly higher, is fatal. I think that as long as you land on something that's still part of the regular playing area, you should just take damage proportional to the distance fallen.

Wow man, I've never heard anyone even mention that. Not about Dark SOuls or Demon's Souls...wow...way to think outside of the box man.

I'm sure someone will say it would take away from the difficulty aspect, but I think that could be compensated for.

Besides that...axes to the face...dragons......magic.......dragons lol.

I could almost see that being something to consider.

Thanks man for bringing a fresh idea! cheers
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:51 am

Animaaal wrote:
    gmwdim wrote:Another thing I would like to see is an increase in the fatal drop distance, or even eliminating it altogether (making exceptions of course for infinite drops off cliffsides and into bottomless pits). Take for example the drop from the rotating staircase to Avelyn, in the Duke's Archives. It's a fatal fall if you miss the bookcase, even though it's only a slightly longer drop than if you land on top, since the bookcase itself is not that tall. Another example would be dropping to the pit in Sen's Fortress. From the first walkway you can land safely, but the drop from the next one which is only slightly higher, is fatal. I think that as long as you land on something that's still part of the regular playing area, you should just take damage proportional to the distance fallen.

Wow man, I've never heard anyone even mention that. Not about Dark SOuls or Demon's Souls...wow...way to think outside of the box man.

I'm sure someone will say it would take away from the difficulty aspect, but I think that could be compensated for.

Besides that...axes to the face...dragons......magic.......dragons lol.

I could almost see that being something to consider.

Thanks man for bringing a fresh idea! cheers

This was an old idea of mine from Demon's Souls, specifically the frustration of trying to use the 2-2 shortcut. There were many platforms that you could see and drop down to, except you couldn't due to fatal fall distance. Of course, I wasn't reminded of that until I died trying to land on the Avelyn bookcase just now. silly

Another option would be to keep the fatal fall distance the same, but introduce an item (like the Cat's Ring) that would modify it. That way the Cat's Ring would no longer be the most useless item in Demon's Souls.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:57 am

gmwdim wrote:This was an old idea of mine from Demon's Souls, specifically the frustration of trying to use the 2-2 shortcut. There were many platforms that you could see and drop down to, except you couldn't due to fatal fall distance. Of course, I wasn't reminded of that until I died trying to land on the Avelyn bookcase just now. silly

Another option would be to keep the fatal fall distance the same, but introduce an item (like the Cat's Ring) that would modify it. That way the Cat's Ring would no longer be the most useless item in Demon's Souls.

OMG the shortcut lol. I haven't thought about that in so long lol. Thanks for the memory. happy

Well, I think it could add a little more excitement to pvp. I would love to run around say the ToG messin with an invader and what not.

I don't see it as "outside the scope of realism" either. I mean we are kinda superheroish in the soul series games ya know?

Maybe a fall from outside the limit would cause you to go from fast-rolling to mid-rolling for 2 or 3 minutes, kinda like a sprained ankle.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:23 am

Acarnatia wrote:Frank, people don't give a negative twelve rep here because someone disagrees with them. A negative one or two, perhaps; negative twelve, no. Players only get voted down that much when he or she is attacking other players, being extremely rude, and/or explicitly using language that isn't welcome here. In the months I've been here, I've only seen one person besides you get a score below -5. Based on the posts I've read by both, I think both of you brought it on yourselves.
    This forum isn't here so you can be right; it's here so that fans of the Souls Series games can share ideas, collaborate and play together. Please use this website as it is meant to be and with respect.

Well so far I haven't attacked anyone, been extremely rude or used bad language. I've just been pointing out faults in the reasoning of some people, yes, brazenly pointing out. But always with a good reason.
    For example, honestly believing that that is Anor Londo in DaS2 trailer shows that one is not a very smart individual. You can't deny that is extremely irrational thinking.
    But apparently many people here argue like little kids to prove their nonsensical ideas. They're propably bronies all of them.
    ak1287
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ak1287 Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:30 am

Frank_White wrote:
    Acarnatia wrote:Frank, people don't give a negative twelve rep here because someone disagrees with them. A negative one or two, perhaps; negative twelve, no. Players only get voted down that much when he or she is attacking other players, being extremely rude, and/or explicitly using language that isn't welcome here. In the months I've been here, I've only seen one person besides you get a score below -5. Based on the posts I've read by both, I think both of you brought it on yourselves.
    This forum isn't here so you can be right; it's here so that fans of the Souls Series games can share ideas, collaborate and play together. Please use this website as it is meant to be and with respect.

Well so far I haven't attacked anyone, been extremely rude or used bad language. I've just been pointing out faults in the reasoning of some people, yes, brazenly pointing out. But always with a good reason.
    For example, honestly believing that that is Anor Londo in DaS2 trailer shows that one is not a very smart individual. You can't deny that is extremely irrational thinking.
    But apparently many people here argue like little kids to prove their nonsensical ideas. They're propably bronies all of them.

There's a line between 'brazenly pointing out' the flaws in someone's logic and being rude. Hell, it's not even a fine line; it's roughly the width of the Atlantic Ocean.

Also; Anor Londo. You're right, it doesn't look like the Anor Londo we've seen... In this time period. Am I saying it's Anor Londo? No. Am I calling everyone who thinks it could possibly be Anor Londo of the future after some cataclysmic event an idiot? No.

And that's why you're getting bad rep. Not because this board is populated with 'bronies.'
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:37 am

Animaaal wrote:
    Besides that, beginning at statement with a rhetorical question is a ****ing b**** move to say the least. Not only did he do it once, but he did it twice.

What? How are rhetorical questions bad in your mind, it's a very ordinary method of debate and speech in general.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:42 am

ak1287 wrote:
    Also; Anor Londo. You're right, it doesn't look like the Anor Londo we've seen... In this time period. Am I saying it's Anor Londo? No. Am I calling everyone who thinks it could possibly be Anor Londo of the future after some cataclysmic event an idiot? No.

And that's why you're getting bad rep. Not because this board is populated with 'bronies.'

Well I can see from the avatars of many who have argued against me that they are bronies, and as we all know that makes their arguments invalid.
    I'm also quite sure I haven't called anyone an idiot, but now that you mention it perhaps I should. J/k.
    There's still a lot of proof against it being Anor Londo, in addition to it not looking like AL. You know, like FromSoft themselves saying the game will have no connection with Lordran. That is obviously a confirmation, there should be no doubt anymore about it.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:49 am

***EDIT***

Deletes childlike outburst and pointless advice and apologizes to forum.

ON TOPIC: I'm hoping for this breakout thing.[/color]

Last edited by Animaaal on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:54 am

I'd like weapons that function as Catalysts. Keep the R1's, R2's would be a spell. Channelers trident anyone?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:57 am

Sloth9230 wrote:I'd like weapons that function as Catalysts. Keep the R1's, R2's would be a spell. Channelers trident anyone?

I'm with that. It would help the pure casters problem. Cycling 5 or 6 different spells right now is a pain.

Last edited by Animaaal on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:59 am

I think the following quote says it all:
    I'm here to be right
    Whereas other people joined the forum to discuss their gaming experiences, share tips, coordinate multiplayer, trade items, etc., a certain somebody just loves to argue and "prove" other people wrong.

I started out trying to persuade him to be a bit friendlier (a few pages back on this thread) but clearly that didn't work.

Last edited by gmwdim on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:01 am

You'd still have to attune spells, and cycle through them by extension silly
    I said catalyst, not Moonlight Greatswords lol
    More weapons with unique move-sets would be nice though, so long as they're not trash.

gmwdim: Yes, which is why you should drop it. You're only going to end up getting yourself in trouble if you guys keep this up. If you have a problem with someone, then just report them. The mods will sort them out.

I also don't appreciate the comparison between an a** and a mentally handicapped person. It's more insulting towards people who are actually "retarded", than it is to people who just plain don't care about what others think of them.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:13 am; edited 2 times in total
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:07 am

Lol ya, but an extra button cuts down cycle time by at least a third I believe, which would help my pure caster greatly.

I got into this idea: Quick selecting spells/button customization

Not trying to derail. Together I think we figured out a really cool idea.

So I guess I'd like to put a more feasible pure caster build playstyle on my wishlist.

Last edited by Animaaal on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:45 pm

I should prolly bump.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I'd like to see another art contest. I thought that was pretty cool before.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:48 pm

Animaaal wrote:I should prolly bump.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I'd like to see another art contest. I thought that was pretty cool before.

You just reminded me of how excited I am to actually get the chance to buy a Souls game at release. It feels like I missed out on the whole experience for starting late.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:59 pm

The Letter X wrote:You just reminded me of how excited I am to actually get the chance to buy a Souls game at release. It feels like I missed out on the whole experience for starting late.

Haha, ya it was only kinda cool though imo. The first few weeks in the forums and the forest was craaaaaaazy. The glitches were ridiculous, and as soon as you logged into the forum it was instant The Eye The Eye .

There were so many problems and adjustments that the mass hysteria was just...it was just..... Coffee!...well lets just say it was interesting.

It was prolly the forum community I was apart of before. I dont see that happening here, but if only briefly by randoms I guess lol.

I gotta say though the TWoP glitches and Dragonheads became comical after awhile. It made running firestorm look like childs play imo.

Not sure if you missed much dude. I hope that wont be the experience this time around.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:12 pm

... Huh. This is an interesting thought that just occurred to me; what do you think of an few upgrade paths that replace a weapon's strong attack with a unique attack, such as a weak spell? I'm only thinking of things like a basic fireball, poison cloud or soul arrow. This may very well be unbalanced or so flashy that it doesn't fit the game, though. Does anyone think it can and/or will create a welcome change?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:52 am