Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 38 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by Animaaal Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:09 am

Frank_White wrote:
    aprilmanha wrote:
    Either way its no big deal what they do as long as there is about 20 hours of FUN gameplay to do, its worth the money.

20 hours? That would be disappointing as hell. Demons Souls & Dark Souls are definitely in the 60 hour range for the first playthrough

If someone is happy with 20 hours of their version of fun, then cool. But ya I want 60 hours of fun too....

...and I mean all backstabbing, griefin, holy mother of God he violated me fun I can get.

Dont change it FROM....DONT CHANGE IT! welllll maybe just a little
    Archandes

Post by Archandes Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:36 am

Animaaal wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:
    aprilmanha wrote:
    Either way its no big deal what they do as long as there is about 20 hours of FUN gameplay to do, its worth the money.

20 hours? That would be disappointing as hell. Demons Souls & Dark Souls are definitely in the 60 hour range for the first playthrough

If someone is happy with 20 hours of their version of fun, then cool. But ya I want 60 hours of fun too....

...and I mean all backstabbing, griefin, holy mother of God he violated me fun I can get.

you forgot wrathstabbing, another solution beside lagstabbing.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:50 am

Archandes wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:
    aprilmanha wrote:

Idk what wrath stabbing is (dead angle?), but I'd be fine without the lag stabbing.
    Archandes

Post by Archandes Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:17 am

Animaaal wrote:
    Archandes wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:
    aprilmanha wrote:

Idk what wrath stabbing is (dead angle?), but I'd be fine without the lag stabbing.

the combination of super annoying skill (***** ** *** GOD) with backstab added.
    Bearded Dragon
    Bearded Dragon

Post by Bearded Dragon Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:13 am

A few things on my wishlist are:

1. Some kind of respec option. I understand many may think that would be a bad idea because it takes away the consequences of making bad decisions and could be exploited in some way. But it can be implemented in a way that the cost of souls to decrease one stat are much more, double perhaps than the cost you would to increase one stat. Also you cannot decrease lower than your starting stats.

2. A co-op system where you can invite your friends and maybe even have voice chat be made available.

3. Option for beards when creating a character. Coz you know, beards are awesome and all that.
    danfts

Post by danfts Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:33 pm

3. Option for beards when creating a character. Coz you know, beards are awesome and all that.

BEARDS!

Also, the bestiary will give us more insight on the whole world and it's history and characters. Given the fact that we now have to guess the story from the itens' explanations, a bestiary would be a nice addition to those who love to uncover and theorize about this game's lore.

Maybe some ability to set traps would be interesting, who knows.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:44 pm

Not a hardcore member here or a heavily active member even. But i'm finally about burned out on dark souls. Picked up demons again, and was good for ahwile. But i crave something new.

As far as wishes. I want the parry window worked on, by that i mean timing to LOOK more accurate. A successful parry right now usually LOOKS like your shield is to the left of the person, then their weapon "connects" with nothing in front of you, then the parry animation happens. I hate it for aesthetics sakes.

I understand its due to lag/latency. When in pvE it looks almost perfect. Just a wishlist, so why not wish for the magical removal of lag. If your going to dream. Dream big.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:56 pm

If they're going to have covenants again, I don't want to have to feed those humanities/souvenirs of reprisal/eyes of death/sunlight medals one at a time.
    Mike5005005
    Mike5005005
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Mike5005005 Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:47 pm

I don't know if it's been said... But I'd REALLY LOVE to see the Golden Skeleton's(From Demon's Souls) curved greatsword in DkSII. I don't care if it looked somewhat different or exactly the same and without a reason, just bam, re-used. I wouldn't care. I just think it's one sexy weapon!

Edit: As a usable weapon**
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:21 pm

Frank_White wrote:
    aprilmanha wrote:

That 60 hours is only because on the first play through you have to play the same bits over and over.

Shooters now clock in about 4-8 hours, and the good bits of most RPG games come in at about 20 hours. 20 hours of good game play also always tops 60 hours of bad gameplay, as I am sure you will agree.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:59 pm

Bearded Dragon wrote:A few things on my wishlist are:

1. Some kind of respec option. I understand many may think that would be a bad idea because it takes away the consequences of making bad decisions and could be exploited in some way. But it can be implemented in a way that the cost of souls to decrease one stat are much more, double perhaps than the cost you would to increase one stat. Also you cannot decrease lower than your starting stats.

Know why that would be bad? Because if everyone just respecced their character, PvP would stay at the same level range. The reason why you're able to find opponents in PvP is because players constantly make new characters and PvP pretty much throughout levels 1-120
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:02 pm

aprilmanha wrote:
    Shooters now clock in about 4-8 hours, and the good bits of most RPG games come in at about 20 hours. 20 hours of good game play also always tops 60 hours of bad gameplay, as I am sure you will agree.

You know what tops 20 hours of good gameplay? 60 hours of good gameplay.
    Where on earth are you getting the idea that it's bad gameplay that you have to repeat things in first run of Dark Souls? And that's not mainly why my first run took 70 hours, it's because I searched every corner and didn't know all the secrets yet.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:20 am

gmwdim wrote:If they're going to have covenants again, I don't want to have to feed those humanities/souvenirs of reprisal/eyes of death/sunlight medals one at a time.

+1... for the love of Gwyn why did they make it like that in the first place? They had if figured out in buying and dropping in Demon's Souls for Gwyndolin's sake! How do they miss that?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:39 am

I don't see how this many of Frank's posts deserve down-reps? He probably could be a little friendlier, but down-repping him every-time he disagrees with you? What is this? HighSchool???

Edit: As for the wishlist... I want a cape/cloak slot 8)

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:42 am; edited 2 times in total
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:40 am

no high-school is better these days, its closer to primary-middle
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:43 am

Not the one I went to, though that was mostly my fault silly
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:48 am

Fixed. Justice wins the day
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:08 am

Frank_White wrote:

Know why that would be bad? Because if everyone just respecced their character, PvP would stay at the same level range. The reason why you're able to find opponents in PvP is because players constantly make new characters and PvP pretty much throughout levels 1-120

Justice re-served.

I think stating this as fact is presumptuous.

Without knowing what method would be used, one cannot possibly know if the method would be bad, underused, overused, etc, etc, etc.

In addition, stating there is only one reason why one might find pvp at soul level ranges 1-120 is also presumptuous.

Reading into it? Maybe, but if I'm suppose to take what was said in a literal sense in order to formulate my opinion, then this is what I conclude.

Besides, when someone is constatnly attacking other peoples posts, and "LOLing" if you will, then they deserve the same treatment. Our ability to upvote and down vote is a form of crowd control and I appreciate how most of us use it.

I've been down voted and use it as an opportunity to apologize, or further argue my point. People that say, "I dont care down rep me all you want". Are also the same people I've seen laughed out of the forum. I dont think anyone should care to much about rep, but I do think they should think about why they have, ooo idk, a -12 score.

***EDIT***
    On topic: I want breakouts for backstabs..... :bas:
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:39 am

Sloth9230 wrote:I don't see how this many of Frank's posts deserve down-reps? He probably could be a little friendlier, but down-repping him every-time he disagrees with you? What is this? HighSchool???

Yeah. The bronies are just mad because I tend to be right.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:43 am

Animaaal wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:

Justice re-served.

I think stating this as fact is presumptuous.

Without knowing what method would be used, one cannot possibly know if the method would be bad, underused, overused, etc, etc, etc.

In addition, stating there is only one reason why one might find pvp at soul level ranges 1-120 is also presumptuous.

Reading into it? Maybe, but if I'm suppose to take what was said in a literal sense in order to formulate my opinion, then this is what I conclude.

Besides, when someone is constatnly attacking other peoples posts, and "LOLing" if you will, then they deserve the same treatment. Our ability to upvote and down vote is a form of crowd control and I appreciate how most of us use it.

I've been down voted and use it as an opportunity to apologize, or further argue my point. People that say, "I dont care down rep me all you want". Are also the same people I've seen laughed out of the forum. I dont think anyone should care to much about rep, but I do think they should think about why they have, ooo idk, a -12 score.

***EDIT***
    On topic: I want breakouts for backstabs..... :bas:

I don't care if I get downvoted, I'm not here to lengthen my e-penor. I'm here to be right, and when we get more info from FromSoft, I'll be here to say "I told you so."

*EDIT*
    Oh and I know very well why I have a -12 score, it's because there's a few individuals here who are very insistent on being right even when it's obvious they're not. Like the people who seriously believe that's Anor Londo in the trailer.

Last edited by Frank_White on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:45 am

Frank_White wrote:I don't care if I get downvoted, I'm not here to lengthen my e-penor. I'm here to be right, and when we get more info from FromSoft, I'll be here to say "I told you so."

See what I'm saying?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:56 pm

I think "respecing" would be bad because it would make PVE too easy. Boss weak to magic? Bump INT. Weak to lightning? Bump Faith. High elemental resistances? Go full melee. With some farming, all of that is currently possible; however, it'll be hard to find someone to PVP with at sl 300 silly

There are times when I wish I could reset my character, but "respecing" would completely break PVE. I also believe that their should be consequences for the choices a player makes. If a player chooses to specialize in magic, then they should have a hard time against someone with high magic resistance.

It would also make it easier to min/max for PVP. As it is, people still have to PVE in order to obtain certain things. Someone trying to min/max usually has a harder time with PVE than someone with a balanced build, character resets would completely negate that.

The only way I would tolerate it is if resetting worked similar to how absolution works, except instead of soul level it would go by total amount of souls invested. Min/maxing doesn't sound so easy when it costs you 500 times the amount of souls you've currently collected.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:...The only way I would tolerate it is if resetting worked similar to how absolution works, except instead of soul level it would go by total amount of souls invested. Min/maxing doesn't sound so easy when it costs you 500 times the amount of souls you've currently collected....

Thats a great idea. I would ❤ that. Or maybe you would have to use the soul of Gwyn?

Whatever the case may be, I would really like a way to "test" something to an extent without the worry of wasting 20 hours of gameplay. (The resistance stat for instance).

I'll agee with the assumption that it would cause more damage than good if it was done in a way that was easy to access.

Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Frank, people don't give a negative twelve rep here because someone disagrees with them. A negative one or two, perhaps; negative twelve, no. Players only get voted down that much when he or she is attacking other players, being extremely rude, and/or explicitly using language that isn't welcome here. In the months I've been here, I've only seen one person besides you get a score below -5. Based on the posts I've read by both, I think both of you brought it on yourselves.
    This forum isn't here so you can be right; it's here so that fans of the Souls Series games can share ideas, collaborate and play together. Please use this website as it is meant to be and with respect.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Frank_White wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:I don't see how this many of Frank's posts deserve down-reps? He probably could be a little friendlier, but down-repping him every-time he disagrees with you? What is this? HighSchool???

Yeah. The bronies are just mad because I tend to be right.

Who cares if you're right ?
    If you act like a **** you will be treatet as such .
    I'm not saying you are one though .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:34 pm