Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
ChizFreak
Zakkia
MosquitoPower
Slarg232
billy_bayonet
aprilmanha
XachAttack
DoughGuy
FexDS
Chaos Spectre
ViralEnsign_
Elite Knight
Sloth9230
eminusx
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
Carpercen
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
Tomhet
>Brave<
Seignar
Infighter
Xero
SetaSensei
Nybbles
callipygias
Aevun
Serious_Much
BIG TIME MASTER
BeeSeaEss
carlucio
tinypantha
Djem
Rynn
steveswede
Tolvo
Juutas
GrinTwist
Conrack
User
Onion Knight
Marino.
tofucactaur
WyrmHero
Soris Ice Goldwing
raecor14
The Letter X
SublimeSinner
53 posters

Your Greatest Fear

aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Your Greatest Fear - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Greatest Fear

Post by aprilmanha Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Frame Rate issues not being resolved. If they find the frame rate drops below 30, just cut stuff out until its fixed. Dropping to single figure Frame Rates is just bad design.

I would rather they half the number of enemies or remove graphics effects if it keeps that frame rate up.

Edit:
    Oh and if input lag appears again, then Dark Souls 2 is a no go for me.
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:59 pm

My fears?
    The Souls series becoming more casual and another Abbott and Costello boss battle.

miyazakiwhy.png
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:52 am

aprilmanha wrote:Frame Rate issues not being resolved. If they find the frame rate drops below 30, just cut stuff out until its fixed. Dropping to single figure Frame Rates is just bad design.

I would rather they half the number of enemies or remove graphics effects if it keeps that frame rate up.

Edit:

So you didn't like Dark Souls because it had input lag and framerate drops? Not worth a buy, eh?
    Wintercatalyst
    Wintercatalyst

Post by Wintercatalyst Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:25 am

I was talking with my friend about it becoming something of elder scrolls. I honestly could not be more worried about this. When I heard they wanted to make Dark Souls 2 more "accessible" I took it as making the game clearer in terms of weaponry and where to go when you begin the game. So the game takes the time to not only explain combat but how to upgrade weapons and different effects of them just to polish out the mechanics. On the other hand...I really Don't want them to completely change the game's core aspects, as in the story, the role playing and ambiguity of pretty much everything. Other than that I still am looking forward to the next souls.
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:36 am

Wintercatalyst wrote:I was talking with my friend about it becoming something of elder scrolls. I honestly could not be more worried about this. When I heard they wanted to make Dark Souls 2 more "accessible" I took it as making the game clearer in terms of weaponry and where to go when you begin the game. So the game takes the time to not only explain combat but how to upgrade weapons and different effects of them just to polish out the mechanics. On the other hand...I really Don't want them to completely change the game's core aspects, as in the story, the role playing and ambiguity of pretty much everything. Other than that I still am looking forward to the next souls.

One of the new directors stated in completely explicit terms that he does not believe in subtlety. That makes me think that he probably hates movies that have ambiguous endings, protagonists that aren't clearly the absolute good guy, and antagonists that aren't clearly the absolute bad guy.

Purely "good" male protagonist "A" must kill purely "evil" antagonist "B" in order to obtain explicitly "good" ending "C". The plot must be force-fed to you, and completely unambiguous. You will not be given the choice to play as a "bad" protagonist, and there is no room for the antagonist to be somewhat of a "good" guy.

Dark Souls has perfect ambiguity in that there is a TON of room for you to interpret EITHER of the endings as being either good or bad. You don't have to play your character as a good guy, and Lord Gwyn doesn't necessarily have to be viewed as a bad guy. Those are some of the key elements I am concerned that one of the new directors will remove, in order for DS2 to fit his philosophy.
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:17 pm

Juutas wrote:
    aprilmanha wrote:Frame Rate issues not being resolved. If they find the frame rate drops below 30, just cut stuff out until its fixed. Dropping to single figure Frame Rates is just bad design.

Edit:

So you didn't like Dark Souls because it had input lag and framerate drops? Not worth a buy, eh?

No I liked Dark Souls, but the input lag and massive frame rate drop which at times would make it hard to actually play the game. If you want that sort of stuff in the game we might as well ask them to make all controls reverse randomly.... because hey! it makes the game harder for those elite players!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:32 am