Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
ChizFreak
Zakkia
MosquitoPower
Slarg232
billy_bayonet
aprilmanha
XachAttack
DoughGuy
FexDS
Chaos Spectre
ViralEnsign_
Elite Knight
Sloth9230
eminusx
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
Carpercen
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
Tomhet
>Brave<
Seignar
Infighter
Xero
SetaSensei
Nybbles
callipygias
Aevun
Serious_Much
BIG TIME MASTER
BeeSeaEss
carlucio
tinypantha
Djem
Rynn
steveswede
Tolvo
Juutas
GrinTwist
Conrack
User
Onion Knight
Marino.
tofucactaur
WyrmHero
Soris Ice Goldwing
raecor14
The Letter X
SublimeSinner
53 posters

Your Greatest Fear

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Your Greatest Fear - Page 4 Empty Re: Your Greatest Fear

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:02 am

Well since you already have ganked me before.....
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:05 am

haha never letting that go eh? I'm just glad I won that lol.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:09 am

I could have taken you and the host .....maybe...but that little scythe jerkbag who kept attacking me whenever you ran out of stamina was so annoying!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:19 am

Teamwork tongue
    Should probably stop derailing this now.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:40 am

I share Marino's thoughts, I'm not worried at all.

These guys have been making difficult games since their creation, to my knowledge, so why should this one be any different?

Just chill out guys, have more faith in these people and don't listen to the jounalists, you know how dumb most of them are.
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:33 pm

My Fear is that FRom decide that they have a good enough engine for their game and don't build a better one from scratch. This engine is ok for basic things but the number of bugs and glitches in this game is totally unacceptable if they are trying to make this game "Hard".

Deaths to mistakes is fine, but the number of deaths I have that are just down to the game engine flipping out and doing something stupid is far to high, and it stops being about how practised I am and more about putting up with the artificial "difficultly" of a bad game.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:03 pm

STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!! its a damn trailer lol, you making everyone paranoid
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:29 pm

Easy Mode is my only fear, which I don't think I have to worry about that.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:31 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!! its a damn trailer lol, you making everyone paranoid

But it's a Souls game....if anything searching for the meaning of Miyazaki's goddamn Pendant made me this way!
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:05 pm

aprilmanha wrote:My Fear is that FRom decide that they have a good enough engine for their game and don't build a better one from scratch. This engine is ok for basic things but the number of bugs and glitches in this game is totally unacceptable if they are trying to make this game "Hard".

Deaths to mistakes is fine, but the number of deaths I have that are just down to the game engine flipping out and doing something stupid is far to high, and it stops being about how practised I am and more about putting up with the artificial "difficultly" of a bad game.

Examples please, cause I have no Idea what you're going on about

the worst bug i can think of is enemy bodies phasing into the ground so i can't collect their loot, or the drakes being able to carry me if they fly while I'm near them.
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:06 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:

the worst bug i can think of is enemy bodies phasing into the ground so i can't collect their loot, or the drakes being able to carry me if they fly while I'm near them.

Well the last one I had just earlier today was in the painted world, and had gotten a crow deamon to stand behind a wall while I would pop out and jab them before ducking back to safety. It performed a jumping leap through the wall between us and landed on my head to kill me. No warning, and no way to prevent it.

Other times have been struck by blows to the front from enemies I have blocked hundreds of times only to have then pass right through the shield to kill me, even with full energy, it just didn't seem to register the shield even though the button was held and the target was locked.

Or the time VS the Iron Golum, where I just slid from the middle of the tower off the edge, like it had decided that the flat roof was to steep for me to stand on.

If I play carefully and by the rules, but still the game pulls cheap unavoidable deaths that seem to break the game world to do so, then I call bugs and glitches. And I had those.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:14 pm

aprilmanha wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:

Well the last one I had just earlier today was in the painted world, and had gotten a crow deamon to stand behind a wall while I would pop out and jab them before ducking back to safety. It performed a jumping leap through the wall between us and landed on my head to kill me. No warning, and no way to prevent it.

Other times have been struck by blows to the front from enemies I have blocked hundreds of times only to have then pass right through the shield to kill me, even with full energy, it just didn't seem to register the shield even though the button was held and the target was locked.

Or the time VS the Iron Golum, where I just slid from the middle of the tower off the edge, like it had decided that the flat roof was to steep for me to stand on.

If I play carefully and by the rules, but still the game pulls cheap unavoidable deaths that seem to break the game world to do so, then I call bugs and glitches. And I had those.

I've never experienced anything like that.. What version do you have?

I agree the glitches are bad, but from you gotta remember never had a lot of funding with the two souls games, I think it will hopefully improve in the next game.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:32 pm

aprilmanha wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:

that does seem pretty bad, the thing with the crow was probably because npc attacks phase through things though.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Greatest fear?

#1 is an easy one: "Voice Chat"

Close second is what others have said:"No beard and mustache
    options".

And last but not least: "Burger King or other fast food chain mascot DLC armor.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:50 pm

Greatest fear, perhaps listening to these quotes and it becomes the non hardcore game it once was. As is the majority of everyone else's fear, it has happened before to many other companies. All we can do is that From does not follow in those footsteps.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:52 pm

Isn't Armored Core a From Soft game? Because if I remember right people have been complaining about accessability with that series as well, and it still remains a mech makers dream...
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:55 pm

Slarg232 wrote:Isn't Armored Core a From Soft game? Because if I remember right people have been complaining about accessability with that series as well, and it still remains a mech makers dream...

There are exceptions to every rule,of course there are some games out there that stick with the format. However with what the quotes from the creators i have heard such as the elder scrolls quote worries me. Which again, it may be fine, it may change completely.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:05 am

Tolvo wrote:My greatest fear, Elder Scrolls 6.

You don't like Elder Scrolls? They are great for me! Not better than Dark Souls though, but keep in mind while they are both RPGs they have very different gameplay mechanics that focus on different things. Dark Souls focus in Combat and in Difficulty. Elder Scrolls focus on quests, ACTION (not combat, not the same thing), choices, those kind of stuff.

If you mean you don't want to Dark Souls II to be come another Elder Scrolls, then I'm with you, but that doesn't mean I don't like Elder Scrolls.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:10 am

Meh, I played Morrowind too much to really enjoy Oblivion, and when Skyrim came out it was just too much of the same again sad
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:15 am

I love Elder scrolls as well, however i play dks, to play dks not skyrim. Which is the concern with it becoming main stream and more "user friendly"
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:47 am

The Only reason I dislike Skyrim is that there is just to much content to get through. Dark Souls is a much shorter and linear game, with alot less so it can be finished is a reasonable time frame.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:44 am

I dislike skyrim cus it breaks... A lot. Fired it up on a new ps3, 30 seconds into my adventure it froze.... Yeah, Bethesda couldn't care less.

Anyways, souls could never become like elder scrolls, they're just worlds beyond skyrim. Changing difficulty and skill based gameplay that focuses on you battling through an incredibly harsh world to generic and shallow fetch quests, awful voice acting and pointless content would be some feat.

Oh and from would have to stop caring about the game their making too
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I dislike skyrim cus it breaks... A lot. Fired it up on a new ps3, 30 seconds into my adventure it froze.... Yeah, Bethesda couldn't care less.

Anyways, souls could never become like elder scrolls, they're just worlds beyond skyrim. Changing difficulty and skill based gameplay that focuses on you battling through an incredibly harsh world to generic and shallow fetch quests, awful voice acting and pointless content would be some feat.

Oh and from would have to stop caring about the game their making too

At least when Skyrim bugs I get a laugh happy
    When DkS bugs its usually resulting in my death and having to replay the last half hour again.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:12 am

Slarg232 wrote:Isn't Armored Core a From Soft game? Because if I remember right people have been complaining about accessability with that series as well, and it still remains a mech makers dream...

I found a huge difference between accessibility in Dark Souls to Armored Core. While I did love 3, Armored Core is just a really tough series to grasp. For one, the enemies are just annoying. Not hard, annoying. Piloting a tank on legs (or it could be a mech on treads) while getting shot at and trying to return fire, all whilst your thrusters have to be constantly active, and there not really being enough energy for that, it's kind of trying. After trying out 4, the game eventually seemed gaudy. It was the nearest thing to impossible to complete some missions because controlling the mech was so strenuous.

Or maybe I just suck at mech games now, which I hope isn't the case, because I was rather great at 2 and 3 back in the day.
    NinesVoerman

Post by NinesVoerman Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:45 pm

If they simplify the combat it would be the worst thing they could do. Like if they made it something hack and slashy. I would like them to expand the combat system but not to simplify it. It should feel grueling and satisfying.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:31 pm