Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
sure-magicians
Seth Winternight
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
inchymo188
AshLumi
shadowzninjaz
LordRevan
ViralEnsign_
Taueth
RePaused
GrizzlyJunkz
dantheman123
ThatPerson
Murkulanvippi
raecor14
FattyOfDoom
Ghadis_God
NinjaVanish
BeeSeaEss
billy_bayonet
Hydreigon11
KusaiCharlz
Hisoka
The Letter X
Jansports
Hokucho
Artorias The Abyss Walker
WaLKA
bunnywink
hageshisa
Demon Slayer
FinPeku
slowturtles
ChaosMoogle
Forum Pirate
robsthedon
DoughGuy
twilightwarwolf
Spurgun
Ahhotep1
44 posters

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising!

BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising! - Page 33 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising!

Post by BeeSeaEss Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:26 pm

Good luck Pirate! silly
    I hope your net is good to you.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising! - Page 33 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising!

Post by FattyOfDoom Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:30 pm

I have myself an Exiled character that i liked but..... needs something new, what are your guys opinions of this?
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=366231273458977393
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:07 pm

sl 52 is kind of a random, why not raise dex 3 for lvl 15, then you could weild washing pole? Shrug
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:46 pm

Thanks for the welcome back everyone, again!! big grin

I have been having to play catch up at work, too! (facepalm). Hardly. played anything at all, yet. 😢

But, I'll be up to speed at work and on forum by tomorrow in the AM cheers

Then I can PLAY!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!

Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:02 am

big grin

This is My build i will be using for invading in the PW

I,M in my phone so i,ll just tpe the stats

Vit: 50
    Attu: 50
    Stren: 14
    Endu: 17
    Int: 45
    Faith: 50

Weps:

Great Scythe +15
    Ascended Pyro +5
    Logans Catalyst
    Darkmoon Talisman

Armor:

Crown of Dusk
    Shadow Garb
    Shadow Gauntlets
    Shadow Leggins

Spells:

Great Magic Barrier
    Darkmoon Buff
    Power Within
    Crystal Souls Spear
    Pursuers
    Dark bed
    Homing Souls Mass
    WOtG
    And some moar!

Final Sl is 200

Those who try to harm our Queen will Fear the Pricillas Special Agent!

So don,t mess with Pricilla if you don,t want to get Raped

Hope you guys like it is a full caster

I decided to call it 'Bo' is your Honor big grin
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:31 am

BeeSeaEss wrote:sl 52 is kind of a random, why not raise dex 3 for lvl 15, then you could weild washing pole? Shrug

Or go 27str for str weps.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:32 am

Murkulanvippi wrote:
    BeeSeaEss wrote:sl 52 is kind of a random, why not raise dex 3 for lvl 15, then you could weild washing pole? THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising! - Page 33 3358384175

Or go 27str for str weps.

But it looks like he has str maxed for 1 handing the servIf. Elemental str weapons arent that good, but if you are able to weild them, then you are obviously going to have some betterscaling. But I do thing that you hould get the dex to at least 14. it opens up alot of good options like the GreatScythe and uchi, those are some of my fav dex weps.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:12 pm

Well, you got point in what you are saying. Tho i think if one wants to use dex weps, then dex should be far more than 14. happy

BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:13 pm

Chaos....silly
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Demon Slayer wrote:big grin

This is My build i will be using for invading in the PW

I,M in my phone so i,ll just tpe the stats

Vit: 50
    Attu: 50
    Stren: 14
    Endu: 17
    Int: 45
    Faith: 50

Weps:

Great Scythe +15
    Ascended Pyro +5
    Logans Catalyst
    Darkmoon Talisman

Armor:

Crown of Dusk
    Shadow Garb
    Shadow Gauntlets
    Shadow Leggins

Spells:

Great Magic Barrier
    Darkmoon Buff
    Power Within
    Crystal Souls Spear
    Pursuers
    Dark bed
    Homing Souls Mass
    WOtG
    And some moar!

Final Sl is 200

Those who try to harm our Queen will Fear the Pricillas Special Agent!

So don,t mess with Pricilla if you don,t want to get Raped

Hope you guys like it is a full caster

I decided to call it 'Bo' is your Honor big grin

HAHA!! Thanks, Fitz! big grin
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:52 pm

Actually got to do some pvp. Midroll+multiple mages is not a winning combo. 1 mage is fine, but a pursuers a hcsm and a db all cast at once is brutal.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:59 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Actually got to do some pvp. Midroll+multiple mages is not a winning combo. 1 mage is fine, but a pursuers a hcsm and a db all cast at once is brutal.
    Haha, yeah, those situations can be tricky even with fast roll. Ninja flip really helps against multiple mages. I have to admit, i don't have the guts to medium roll in regular invasions. It can be fun in duels and against single invaders, but i don't think i have done it practically ever when invading.

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm

As long as there is 1 or fewer casters its fine, but any combo spell spam (unless one has havels shield, I don't) quickly overwhelms me in open combat. I flee, if possible, and ambush them.

It works fine 98% of the time in open combat though. Dead angle wog is tricky and spears/rapiers are evil (it essentialy degenerates into a complex crit fishing contest most of the time.) I'm using the DGM, btw.

I can count on my opponent trying to bs me though, especially if there's more than one, so the pivot parry brutalizes entire squads of enemies.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:29 pm

Hmm... I'm gonna try it! Sounds like a job for my quality build and the (ultra) greatsword. Maybe something faster as a secondary weapon for wake-up and kick + r1 hits against bs fishers.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:43 pm

Wait, mid rolling or pivot parrying? Piviot parrying is a job for every build.

Mid rolling favors heavy weapons, crossbows and spears. The crest shield is good bets to stop magic (not wog) as parrying is pretty much a must (unless you have havels shield.)

The greatsword+leo ring would be a very good build to midroll with, especially with an offhand avyln to punish casts or missed swings (boosted by the leo ring, it can break 1300 damage)
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:50 pm

Mid roll invasions.

This is what i planned: http://mmdks.com/1f4l
    I can't change the stats, but can change the equipment. Washing pole is there just as an example of a faster secondary weapon. Not sure if i should go with lighter armor (less poise) and leo ring.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:10 pm

http://mmdks.com/1f4o

All I got. With 30 end its really a choice between counter damage R2's and hp, I'd probably go hp.

http://mmdks.com/1f4p is a better defensive stat spread though, if you don't have 61 poise for a specific reason.
    Seth Winternight
    Seth Winternight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seth Winternight Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:09 pm

So is it better to mid roll for greater weapons or to fast roll?
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:39 am

Seth Winternight wrote:So is it better to mid roll for greater weapons or to fast roll?

Most people you meet in PvP are fast rolling, so i would suggest to start with fast roll. When you get good at it and learn the timings for rolls and parrying, you can try out mid roll. Those are imo viable skills for mid roll toon.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:40 am

Its more that if one is fast rolling with heavy weapons (e.g. a Demon great machete, not a claymore) they are either going to suffer hugely in defense and/or poise, (less of an issue if one is using the large/great club) or be forced to use elemental versions of the zweihander/greatsword/murakumo which are now so weak it would defeat the purpose.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:57 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Its more that if one is fast rolling with heavy weapons (e.g. a Demon great machete, not a claymore) they are either going to suffer hugely in defense and/or poise, (less of an issue if one is using the large/great club) or be forced to use elemental versions of the zweihander/greatsword/murakumo which are now so weak it would defeat the purpose.

Yeah, youre right. happy I gotta be almost naked with my 100, to be able to use DGM while fast rolling. So i prefer large club or zwei and have 61 poise at the same time.

Long time no see Forum!! Hope to meet you in battlefield now that i'm more seasoned. lol!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:14 am

http://mmdks.com/1fb6

it can be done, but its a very limited build. better off as a dragon and putting those 28 end points into faith, int, str or vit.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:26 am

Forum Pirate wrote:http://mmdks.com/1fb6

it can be done, but its a very limited build. better off as a dragon and putting those 28 end points into faith, int, str or vit.

Your build looks nice! Tho your right about stats.

This is my sl100 if i remember correctly.

http://m.mugenmonkey.com/?c=466912474358868839
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:37 am

That was just an example, my main build is http://mmdks.com/1fbd , the hornet ring gets swapped out a lot for havels, depending on what I'm doing.

Its almost completely useless against more than 1 caster in open combat though, as I mentioned.

I'm designing a faith build I'm hoping will shut casters down hard core, which might end up my main if it can handle melee builds as well as it should handle casters.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:45 am

Forum Pirate wrote:That was just an example, my main build is http://mmdks.com/1fbd , the hornet ring gets swapped out a lot for havels, depending on what I'm doing.

Its almost completely useless against more than 1 caster in open combat though, as I mentioned.

I'm designing a faith build I'm hoping will shut casters down hard core, which might end up my main if it can handle melee builds as well as it should handle casters.

Nice!! I remember meeting that one. happy

Let us know how the faith build turns out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:29 pm