Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
Hart
Forum Pirate
Encore
Shakie666
WaffleGuy
Halicarnassis
hey its andres
Reaperfan
samster628
lonewolf
Seignar
GrinTwist
vegan666
Cartod
ErrJon6661
Animaaal
skarekrow13
DemonOfFate
DE5PA1R
EverlastingRat
Onion Knight
ublug
MasterofShadows
Soris Ice Goldwing
Exalted Oreo
Dibsville
Nybbles
Tchuwib
GaryBlevins
LunarFog
moomootv
Argon
Juutas
Buggy Virus
Djem
mr_no_face
Guntles_5
Infighter
steveswede
Serious_Much
raecor14
ViralEnsign_
RedderAI
ComaPrison
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Acarnatia
Solid Knight
mugenis4real
Sloth9230
Argetlam350
Slarg232
55 posters

Would you accept a Pistol if....

ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Would you accept a Pistol if.... - Page 5 Empty Re: Would you accept a Pistol if....

Post by ErrJon6661 Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:40 am

Well allow me to finish it winking

As much as some of us would love to fantasize about there being pistols of some kind in the game and many of us would love to say that it wouldn't be dark souls if it had them the truth is none of us really know.

I've honestly skipped over most of the posts after page 4 because it seemed to get down into long streams of quoting each other and picking out phrasing issues or arguing about opinions. So I'm going to keep this short.

First off stop using "this is not dark souls" or similar arguments. Dark souls is not your vision. That is like you seeing a anatomical sketch by Da Vinci and saying it is not his that he could not have done it because he only paints portraits.

Second those of you saying that you will not play it if it has guns are being dramatic. You and I know that if they decided to put guns in the game that they would be wonderfully balanced or wonderfully useless.

Lastly stop expecting DkSII to be DkS with new graphics. It will be similar but I expect like a good sequel it will be different as well.

/rant.

EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Would you accept a Pistol if.... - Page 5 Empty Re: Would you accept a Pistol if....

Post by EverlastingRat Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:41 am

DE5PA1R wrote:Yes. This is Dark Souls, not the real world.

If I understand this, are you stating that using any of our reality's logic in dark souls in inapplicable? if so, doesn't that contradict any type of logic you both are bringing to the table over this argument. tongue

Anyways, Amen to ErrJon661 Proper Bow
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:35 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:First off stop using "this is not dark souls" or similar arguments. Dark souls is not your vision.

Of course the Souls games aren't my vision. They're Miyazki's, and now Shibuya's and Tanimura's. But as I've said, pistols are not in keeping with the theme.

That is like you seeing a anatomical sketch by Da Vinci and saying it is not his that he could not have done it because he only paints portraits.

No, it's nothing like that.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:36 pm

EverlastingRat wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:Yes. This is Dark Souls, not the real world.

If I understand this, are you stating that using any of our reality's logic in dark souls in inapplicable? if so, doesn't that contradict any type of logic you both are bringing to the table over this argument. tongue

No. Logic is logic. A is A. But there is no progress in the Souls universes.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:38 pm

This thread is still going o.O Damn, slarg you're about as stubborn as you are clever.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:01 pm

Slarg232 wrote:
    1) You cannot say "This is a tragedy" and then ignore comparisons to the best tragedies in human history.

Yes I can. It's pretty easy. I hope you're not actually contending that every tragedy must have or share all of the same secondary or tertiary elements.

If you want to prove there is hope in Dark Souls then just give an example. Would be much easier on both of us vs you trying to convince me that Oedipus Rex had hope, therefore Dark Souls does.

2)They are completely sane, as they haven't yet hollowed and know the difference between a friend (Solaire) and a Foe (Everything else).

That's not a valid test of sanity. And, again, there's no reason to believe that the Chosen Undead realizes what Logan realized.

We've gone on a tangent here; progress is progress, and the point is that Dark Soulls doesn't have any. Utilizing sorceries that were developed by a crazy evil dragon, drove a genius insane and require the souls of the dead (or perhaps living) do not in any way represent progress.

3) There is no way for you to know that. That is simply speculation, and it adds nothing to any discussion which isn't a discussion about speculation.

The fact is that there was no other reason to kill the dragons. This is not speculation.

And it doesn't matter who shot first if the 2 species cannot cohabit. If the species wipe one another out, or either wipes out the other, this cannot be considered objective progress.

Also, apparantly the Spanish killing and enslaving the ancient Latin Americans never happened, because the Ancient Latin Americans were friendly and the spanish killed them. They were worshipped as gods.

Not sure what you mean. Also Latin Americans didn't exist before Europeans came to the Americas. Naturally.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:25 pm

So how would you guys feel about objective markers and changeable difficulty.....
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Lol......ErrJon, that might work. Get everyone to find a common hatred right?
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:29 pm

skarekrow13 wrote: Lol......ErrJon, that might work. Get everyone to find a common hatred right?

Actually it wont work.

(insert wall of text)
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:13 pm

changable difficulty could be amusing. kid puts it on super easy, goes to PVP verses any of us here, gets *** kicked. instant lols when he sends "noobfag i was on easy *****"
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:56 am

ErrJon6661 wrote:So how would you guys feel about objective markers and changeable difficulty.....

lol.

But seriously, I can't think of any games that were better and/or more enjoyable because of objective markers. I kind of wonder what the reasoning behind them is.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:27 am

Okay, let's look at some things us "gunhaters" cannot argue with:

-Is the technology there?
    --Yes. Crossows, fire bombs, and certain "gate switches" (for example) all suggest that it is indeed possible for the necessary mechanisms, creative thought processes, and survival instincts usually required for the development of items like a gun.

Here's the main problem:

How would a gun fit into the souls series?...steampunk anyone?

I think with magic manipulation being so prevelent in a souls game, that a new type of "D & D Steampunk" would almost have to emerge.

Would an arm fused with some sort of hollow metal tubing, glowing with magic, capable of firing several different types of ammo be so hard to believe?

Take the Avelyn and the siren mechanism in Duke's for example. Their art style is almost steampunk in nature.

I think with the right rpg/steampunk art style, a gun type of mechanism could work in Dark Souls....but not that pirate ****. A colonial soldier or ancient Chinese flying musket gun powder bomb/bullet black fire bombish type of gun would not work. THATS what I cannot see past.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:45 am

While we're at it can we add an ultimate armor and weapon set that beats everything else out by a long shot with no setbacks or anything. Like armor that reduces all damage by 120% and a sword that kills anything even all of the bosses in one shot.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:02 am

ErrJon6661 wrote:While we're at it can we add an ultimate armor and weapon set that beats everything else out by a long shot with no setbacks or anything. Like armor that reduces all damage by 120% and a sword that kills anything even all of the bosses in one shot.
    Would you accept a Pistol if.... - Page 5 Tumblr_mjeydsRmb01qfr4ypo1_500
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:05 am

DE5PA1R wrote:
    ErrJon6661 wrote:So how would you guys feel about objective markers and changeable difficulty.....

lol.

But seriously, I can't think of any games that were better and/or more enjoyable because of objective markers. I kind of wonder what the reasoning behind them is.
    Overlord 2 was alot better than Overlord due to having a map with objective markers. Everything else was about the game was kinda worse, though :/
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:11 am

Would you accept a Pistol if.... - Page 5 Arcanum-08
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:11 am

Slarg232 wrote:
    ErrJon6661 wrote:While we're at it can we add an ultimate armor and weapon set that beats everything else out by a long shot with no setbacks or anything. Like armor that reduces all damage by 120% and a sword that kills anything even all of the bosses in one shot.

I have never seen a more beautiful picture in my life.

Also can we have a radar so we can see where all the enemies are? And how about perks that let you do things like see through walls, deal extra damage against enemies and double jump? Also lets do away with stamina it just slows down the progress of the game.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:36 am

That would be dumb..no offense. Shrug
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:39 am

It would really balance the game out though. I mean its really hard shouldn't they give the players something to make it easier.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:24 am

ErrJon you're killing me big grin
    Cartod
    Cartod
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cartod Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:42 am

Slarg232 wrote:

Somebody teach me how to upvote this
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:38 am

Click the plus sign to the left of his avatar. Like what I'm about to do.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu May 30, 2013 11:57 pm

Animaaal wrote:Okay, let's look at some things us "gunhaters" cannot argue with:

-Is the technology there?
    --Yes. Crossows, fire bombs, and certain "gate switches" (for example) all suggest that it is indeed possible for the necessary mechanisms, creative thought processes, and survival instincts usually required for the development of items like a gun.

Here's the main problem:

How would a gun fit into the souls series?...steampunk anyone?

I think with magic manipulation being so prevelent in a souls game, that a new type of "D & D Steampunk" would almost have to emerge.

Would an arm fused with some sort of hollow metal tubing, glowing with magic, capable of firing several different types of ammo be so hard to believe?

Take the Avelyn and the siren mechanism in Duke's for example. Their art style is almost steampunk in nature.

I think with the right rpg/steampunk art style, a gun type of mechanism could work in Dark Souls....but not that pirate ****. A colonial soldier or ancient Chinese flying musket gun powder bomb/bullet black fire bombish type of gun would not work. THATS what I cannot see past.

I would be willing to accept a steam punk sort of gun, instead of a colonial one. Don't know if it should have different forms of ammo though (Like how the Dragonslayer Greatbow only had Dragon Slayer Arrows), but meh, anything works.

Sorry for bumping, but the Gunpowder thread made me do it.
    vegan666
    vegan666
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vegan666 Fri May 31, 2013 12:14 am

NO GUNS JEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS

Literally the worst idea ever, EVER.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri May 31, 2013 12:16 am

There is a lot to counter argue with that silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:57 am