Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Can't Decide... Opinions?

Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Can't Decide... Opinions? Empty Can't Decide... Opinions?

Post by Jansports Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:00 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=204278255716283630

This is the Build I posted in Rifter's thread, his Dex/Fai reminded me I wanted to try to performance of the Tracer with min dex as a swap for when a buff runs out on a decently scaled weapon, I went with BSS cause well...Swag. And both being just peaking over 300ar is nice, though not optimal. The lion's share of damage in this build is in WoG and EForce, the weapons more compliment, the BSS trust being a good zoning tool and the Tracer R2s being alright Fishing deterence.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=452185283227687275

This is another Miracle based build, only as you can see it's miracles are almost all Buffs. Just Buff Buff Buff Buff, then use the Amazing 1h moveset of the ele Mura to get into(hopefully) A Slugfest. With DAs from Mura and WoG poise all over Replenishing Barriering and Maybe even Justicing over zealous fast swinging weapons (Mostly curved swords like the Falch or Tracer) A Special note is that I will have Shield swaps, and I was considering shaving 2 points somewhere so I could potentially hold a SLB/DMB and have a Large Club +15 (near same weight as mura, I have the str to 2h it) which would be a real terror.

I however Do not have as much time to dedicate to making builds as I'd like and have to choose One(1) to make and one to put on the backburner for who knows how long.
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Can't Decide... Opinions? Empty Re: Can't Decide... Opinions?

Post by Infighter Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:47 pm

1st one looks pretty solid to me, do you mind If I test it myself later?. I have never built FTH character before
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:03 pm

1st build looks very promising to me. It should be very good and I can't really say anything more towards it.

2nd build could use a different shield. If you want to use Replenishment and Karmic Justice, I think using Sanctus might be a good idea, since it will compliment Replenishment and make it regen more HP and it's 95% physical reduction will allow you to block hits from fast weapons, or gank and activate Karmic Justice with your shield up.
    In case you would go for that, you should also equip another Talisman to your right hand and switch to it in case you would want to activate Karmic Justice this way, as it's damage is calculated on MagAdjust, or Magic Damage of your currently equipped right hand weapon at the time of activation of the AoE blast.

Very good and solid builds. Point Up
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:34 pm

Yeah the shield swaps I mentioned were mostly 95% blockers, though Santus is rather interesting I should mess the points a little to be able to hold it and keep my mid roll. And thanks for the KJ tip, I've seen it go off but never got into the specifics of how it worked, is it like the Magic AR or Adjust into the damage formula? Would I get more damage out of a talisman or the DLB buffed weapon considering this?

I think for now I'm going to do the second, mid roller since it'll be my first serious attempt to do so in PvP since the DLC hit.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:34 am

You need to get 5-6 consecutive hits to your HP. This includes hits through shield with less than 100% physical reduction and it also applies on non physical hits. Getting hit with a Soulmass spell is a great way to activate it. It also activates on phantom hits and after you die (if enemies keep attacking the spot where you died).

KJ damage is based on MadAdjust and Magic AR of your currently equipped right hand weapon, but it does not take buffs into account, so buffed weapons won't do. Using Divine/Occult, or Magic/Enchanted weapons won't do you much good either. Out of weapons, only ones to have any effect at all are the pure Magic types, like MLGS and MLBH. So it's best to equip whatever is your highest MadAdjust to right hand slot, be it Talisman, or Catalyst.

KJ damage is further boosted with Crown of Dusk and Ring of the Sun's Firstborn. If used by Int/Faith build (MagAdsjust at the time of casting KJ doesn't matter, only MagAdjust at the time of activation matters), with TCC in right hand, it can do around 1200-1300 damage. It also has enough kick to make even the highest Poise enemies kiss ground.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:55 am

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=214855633527169910

Update on build 1. Testing the damage between 30 and 40 faith and I just don't think it's worth the investment when I can get much better scaling for all kinds of dex weapons. Also It's been a while since I've offhanded a scythe(that off hand sweep) So maybe this'll get a whirl.

I stopped build 2 at 60 tonight and tried to do some pvp but Noone, literally, will let you buff and buff without either Punishing me for casting so many in a row at the start or just kite/turtle the timed ones off. A shame but I don't think it's too workable, and So maybe if I modded it to be more about just 1-2 (like maybe total focus is KJ) something along the lines of http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=270558832459673451

Make super use of KJ with the best pure Magic AR weapon in the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:03 pm