Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
The Letter X
Kiva the wanderer
Forum Pirate
GrinTwist
GenericUsername
Sloth9230
Rifter7
Ubcmflt
hey its andres
Hydreigon11
Tolvo
FinPeku
XachAttack
17 posters

When you guys are summoned by gankers..

XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

When you guys are summoned by gankers.. Empty When you guys are summoned by gankers..

Post by XachAttack Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:43 pm

While in an area you're trying to find co-op in, like the Township for example, what do you do to avoid the gank?

I wait for an invader to show up, wave at him when he does, then make a mad dash to the nearest ledge and jump off it lol.

Feel free to post any creative shenanigans \o/!
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

When you guys are summoned by gankers.. Empty Re: When you guys are summoned by gankers..

Post by FinPeku Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:47 pm

I play along with the host and when the invader shows up, i remove all my gear, start running around naked and if i have it, i start dancing with a broken channeler's trident. Sometimes i also try to parry the host.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

When you guys are summoned by gankers.. Empty Re: When you guys are summoned by gankers..

Post by Tolvo Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:52 pm

I act like I'm genuinely trying to gank, but keep screwing up. I also send a message to the invader if I have time to go for the host only. I also often equip a base weapon, so it'll be like I'm hitting them and often the host doesn't realize I'm doing like ten damage.

I used to parry the host to allow ripostes for the invader, but I'm nowhere near that good anymore. Still, something you guys could remember. You can parry teamates, so you can parry the host.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:56 pm

Tolvo wrote: I used to parry the host to allow ripostes for the invader, but I'm nowhere near that good anymore. Still, something you guys could remember. You can parry teamates, so you can parry the host.

I'll definently keep this in mind XD it's good practice anyway!
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:52 pm

I just look at the invader, look at the host, look skyward and then run around naked in between the fight like a loon, it's funny how much hatemail you get for running into the middle of a gank buck *** nude. Try it, it's HILARIOUS.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:06 pm

Sometimes I'll pull out my binoculars and just enjoy the show lol! Gankers don't enjoy this very much.
    Ubcmflt
    Ubcmflt

Post by Ubcmflt Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:13 am

I equip two skull lanterns and take off everything except Chester's top hat.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:17 am

attack the invader with a ffa mindset. the host wanted aid and i put my sign down expecting to give it in whatever way i could. i'm not going to wait around and let the host die because i think he might be ganking, what if he's waiting for another summon or looking for a friend ?

if he just sits there for an unreasonable amount of time or is farming invaders i bc out, and i'll immediately bc if they start taunting a dead invader in a 2v1.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:52 am

I stand around and collect free souls.

Me and a sun-bro pretty much did all the work for this dude in Anor Londo once. The host then got invaded as we were in the sentinal area, so me the other guy kept pointing at the fog gate cause we didn't want to fight the invader. The host refused to go through and the invader eventually caught us, but he didn't engage.

We all kinda just stood there for a minute or two. I got bored so I decided I would fight off the invader. We had a pretty good 1v1 match until the host heavy soul arrowed the guy out of nowhere and killed him. He collected the humanity and flasked up, to heal me, then crossed the fog... but me and the sun-bro didn't.
    We just stood there spamming gestures and messaging each other while we waited for host to die lol!
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:15 am

Usually just try and use my best judgement. If someone invades and it seems like they're a fair match for the host, I usually just back off or walk around trying to look menacing. But if someone invades and just starts spamming Dark magic or WoTG or some other cheap tactic I usually join in for a double team.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:22 am

I normally jump off of a cliff. That's what I would always do in the forest before I got smart enough to move my summon sign to Sif's door. However one time when my friend was over and attempting to play the game he put on only Smough's helmet and two Greataxes and just ran around as the invader and the host went at it.

It was pretty funny.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:26 am

suicide and spam orb, then kill them.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:07 am

I spam well what is it so that it looks like I'm tap dancing.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:16 pm

I unequip my weapons and pull out my binoculars. The invaders normally get the idea.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:25 pm

I usually try to give my host the benefit of the doubt. At least at first. Yesterday, for example, I was summoned by a ganker in the township. He was hanging out by the first bonfire, but so do pretty much all the hosts there when they're trying to get summons together. We got invaded just after he summoned me, and he and his other phantom killed the guy almost immediately after he spawned. Once I noticed the two of them weren't going anywhere, after I ran down the stairs and gestured for them to follow a couple of times and they didn't, I waited for another invader and then BSC'd out as soon as his invasion message came up. That's generally how I like to handle it. Try to insure they won't have at least all the help they expected to have once an invader is in their world. I just like to be sure that they're ganking, and not just questing, before I do.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:51 pm

Rifter7 wrote:attack the invader with a ffa mindset. the host wanted aid and i put my sign down expecting to give it in whatever way i could. i'm not going to wait around and let the host die because i think he might be ganking, what if he's waiting for another summon or looking for a friend ?

if he just sits there for an unreasonable amount of time or is farming invaders i bc out, and i'll immediately bc if they start taunting a dead invader in a 2v1.

Appearances can definitely be deceiving. I've been summoned in dark Anor Londo by what I was sure was a ganker, and it turned out he was trying to get help for Gwyndolin (who we later killed) but was being constantly invaded before he could get there. Had another in the township who wanted to host 1v1s while watching from a rooftop but invaders kept assuming it was a gank and charging right after him. As Plastic said, it is only when I realize they're not going to progress through the level that I put on a funny hat and start dumping poison clouds on everybody.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:11 pm

Yeah, of course figuring out if it is indeed a gank or not comes first. This is just when you figure out it is a gank. Normally, I'll wait until a 2nd phantom comes to assist us, it's what happens after that 2nd helper phantom comes along that tells me what's goin' on.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:24 pm

Thats why my solution is perfect. If they it turns out they arn't ganking, I'll probably figure it out when I invade them, and if they are I get to murder them all. I just keep at it until they leave to. I've spent hours butchering the same gank squad.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:11 pm

It's always more fun when you're the first summon for someone whose trying to gank. If that's the case, and I'm sure that it's the case, I'll usually play along until the host has engaged the invader, and then back off and spam "I'm Sorry." I did exactly that in the Kiln a couple weeks ago, then the invader and I bowed to each other almost in unison as the host was dying. I got extremely angry hatemail for that one. It's always fun to drop a dung pile before you BSC too. I forgot to mention that. I definitely do that sometimes too if I know a ganker has summoned me, and then I'll make sure they've picked it up before I leave. Just to ensure they've gotten the message regarding what I think of them.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:19 pm

I shall now carry dung pies with me at all times!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:24 pm

^ I can't take credit for that one. I definitely got the idea from other people on the forum. Always a nice way to get your point across though
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:26 pm

Too late now, already gave you +rep silly . I guess you could consider it as a token of my appreciation for passing the idea along.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:42 pm

This is a hard question for me.

When I get summoned I do my all to protect the host and make sure area boss dies. I only expect some minor level of cooperation from host's side (I'm referring to those types that just stand in a corner and let phantoms do all the dirty work).

If I get summoned and there's an invader present I will engage him and try to kill him asap. I will hunt him down if the need be, as it doesn't matter if I die, as long as the invader dies as well.

If my host really heads for the area boss, he can spam Dried Finger for all I care and I will fight all of the invaders, because I consider us going for the boss. However, as soon as we keep in one location, obviously with no intent to go challenege area boss, I will just stand there and do nothing.

There are exceptions. Some hosts actually want me to fight the invader 1v1, rare, but it happens. Even if we are two, or three, I don't see it as a gank, since we're taking turns with no backup, so I'll play along.

If the invader attacks me, I will try to show him I am not a threat to him, by moving away, to refusing to attack him. If the invader continues to attack me anyway, I will backstab him, or something and back away. If he doesn't get the message I'll kill him. One can survive only so many backstabs after all. happy

I have ganked many times as a host. Me and my phantoms swarmed the invader and slaughtered him with no remorse. However, ALL of those times I was on a area boss run. Areas like Anor Londo, or Township usually have several invasions before you can make it to the boss, so having some help really saves my life sometimes.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:54 pm

Another one I forgot about is to decorate the world with prism stones. This works really well in the forest because you can just dump a whole bunch on the trees then aggro every enemy and then well what is it off a ledge. Well What is it
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:06 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    I have ganked many times as a host. Me and my phantoms swarmed the invader and slaughtered him with no remorse. However, ALL of those times I was on a area boss run. Areas like Anor Londo, or Township usually have several invasions before you can make it to the boss, so having some help really saves my life sometimes.

It's not really ganking if you're questing. As far as I'm concerned, if I'm trying to get somewhere, or if my host is, and an invader shows up, he's dead meat. I won't hold back, and I don't expect him, or my phantoms to. I only really consider it ganking if somebody is hanging out around the spawn point and waiting to jump people when they materialize.

I don't even really consider it ganking in the forest, unless they're waiting at a spawn point. It's camping, sure, but it's not ganking unless you're charging 2 or 3 on one the second an invader spawns.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:41 pm