Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
WaffleGuy
Djem
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
FruitPunchNinja
User1
GrinTwist
ublug
The Letter X
SlakeMoth
Onion Knight
Everynevers
Conrack
befowler
Bioraptor
RedderAI
RANT
Shakie666
lalliman
23 posters

How did y'all find the great hollow?

Poll

How did you find the great hollow?

[ 18 ]
    How did y'all find the great hollow? I_vote_lcap38%How did y'all find the great hollow? I_vote_rcap [38%] 
    [ 6 ]
    How did y'all find the great hollow? I_vote_lcap13%How did y'all find the great hollow? I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 22 ]
    How did y'all find the great hollow? I_vote_lcap47%How did y'all find the great hollow? I_vote_rcap [47%] 
    [ 1 ]
    How did y'all find the great hollow? I_vote_lcap2%How did y'all find the great hollow? I_vote_rcap [2%] 

Total Votes: 47
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

How did y'all find the great hollow? Empty How did y'all find the great hollow?

Post by lalliman Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:02 pm

I'm just wondering how many people actually found the great hollow legitimately (i know i didn't silly), so i set up this little poll!

I mean... it's behind 2 illusory walls for Gwyn's sake. Just wondering what the results will be ^_^
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

How did y'all find the great hollow? Empty Re: How did y'all find the great hollow?

Post by Shakie666 Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:26 pm

Anyone who votes the first option is a liar, unless you happened to try hitting every wall in the entire game, (which I guess isn't surprising if you're putting a wiki together). Either that, or you just happen to have WAY too much time on your hands.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

How did y'all find the great hollow? Empty Re: How did y'all find the great hollow?

Post by RANT Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:32 pm

i found it on my first run but only bcause someone left a message saying try hitting or illusionary wall.
    first time i ran into the daddy shrooms they ohko'd me and it was hilarious.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:35 pm

I honestly found it my first playthrough. Albeit I didn't find it until I was finishing up before Gwyn. I remember going up the branch and thinking that I'm probably going to a new area. What do I find though? A plank shield and what? Humanity? Anyways I was pissed that it was just another alcove with useless loot. I got so mad I threw a fireball at the chest and poof passage open. I was happy at first.... Then I experienced the great hollow. W00t. -_-
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:36 pm

To be truthfull I can not remember although I think I may have been lucky and read a Orange soap stone sign.I think the second wall was just luck b/c I can remember swinging at the chest to make sure it was save and I ended up finding the 2nd false wall.If I had just open'd the chest I would have missed it on my 1st play through......How did y'all find the great hollow? 2707236321
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:39 pm

If you DID find out about it legit on your 1st playthrough, sorry. I completely forgot about orange signs.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:57 pm

I spent my first playthrough in a blind panic, so I missed pretty much every area that might be behind an illusory wall (great hollow, portion of the forest with the red frogs, sen's gate giant, etc). In a weird way I much prefer it that way, because I got to then enjoy months of mind blowing discoveries thanks to my own inept exploration.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:04 pm

Shakie666 wrote:Anyone who votes the first option is a liar, unless you happened to try hitting every wall in the entire game, (which I guess isn't surprising if you're putting a wiki together). Either that, or you just happen to have WAY too much time on your hands.

did a dragon king greataxe blast when I set my controller down while next to the plank shield corpse, that was the first wall secone was because my friend warned me of mimics and since then I hit every chest which broke the second wall.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:06 pm

Pure chance and because of an invader great at psychological warfare.

One of my first invaders sent me a message after killing me easily (I was still in the Undead Parrish or Burg - 1st playthrough) that only said something like, "Watch out for chests" or "Chests are dangerous" or something. This got me even more paranoid than I already was, so I'd barrage every chest I saw with random attacks and spells. When I came across the empty room with the first illusory wall, I figured From wouldn't have created a walkway up for just some crappy wooden shield, so I took out the pickaxe one of the trolls dropped for me and smacked the walls. Since I was met with a hidden chest, I was extra cautious and tried a bunch of things... then I missed and hit the wall, lol. If not for my pension for attacking chests cuz of that invader's message, I don't think I'd have ever found the 2nd illusory wall on my own though.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:19 pm

Found it by trying to hit the chest with my Zwei.
    Looking for mimics and found something far worse.
    The Great Hollow.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:21 pm

I read about it in the guide, so it's no big deal, although there was an element of luck involved too as I didn't use the guide much on first playthrough. It was only when I had aspirations of getting the Platinum during my second that I actually searched for info in it because it is much more fun playing blind and I didn't want to ruin the surprise.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:56 pm

I only found the first illusory wall on my first playthrough.

I pretty much Look Skyward 'd when I found out about it on the Wiki.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:06 pm

When I found the wooden shield I thought the area was too good to only contain that item, so I hit a few walls and the chest appeared. I only found the next illusory wall because I knew about mimic chests from previews.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:11 pm

If it exists and it's completely optional to do I've done it.

You would actually be right too, after I hit my first illusionary wall I started hitting every wall that looked suspicious and walls that I thought were to short of dead ends.

^ I have to say that is the best invader ever. If he can't kill you in the game he'll drive you insane because of the mimics.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:19 pm

Shakie666 wrote:Anyone who votes the first option is a liar, unless you happened to try hitting every wall in the entire game, (which I guess isn't surprising if you're putting a wiki together). Either that, or you just happen to have WAY too much time on your hands.
    Like the message below yours, I found two messages saying there were illusory walls. So, no, not everybody who chose the first option is a liar.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:02 pm

Same, I read a message on the ground where you find the plank shield. Oh man, that was one of the more memorable moments of my first playthrough. I so regreted going all the way down there before getting warp. I got cursed, cause i didn't have any good curse resist armor. Making it back up to the top was one of the greatest feelings ive ever had in gaming, being cursed wasnt that big of a deal since there aren't really any enemies that can hurt you(but it sent me all the way back down when it happened :x).
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:14 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Same, I read a message on the ground where you find the plank shield. Oh man, that was one of the more memorable moments of my first playthrough. I so regreted going all the way down there before getting warp. I got cursed, cause i didn't have any good curse resist armor. Making it back up to the top was one of the greatest feelings ive ever had in gaming, being cursed wasnt that big of a deal since there aren't really any enemies that can hurt you(but it sent me all the way back down when it happened :x).

lol the same thing happened to me, i was freaking out the whole way up, it was pretty awesome.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:19 pm

Orange Soapstone message isn't in the poll. That's how I found it. Somebody had placed one by both illusory walls.

Edit: and it appears as though I'm not alone there. Praise the OSS!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:44 am

I got eaten by Mimic in Sen's.

After that I attacked every chest in the game, just so it doesn't happen again. When I returned to Blighttow to farm titanite, I decided to explore that tree, which I left alone up until then.

I casted Fire Storm on first chest, revealing hidden path and repeated it on the second chest with identical results and that's how I found Great Hollow.

I still didn't go there until much later though. I knew I'm probably not supposed to go there, so I wanted to get some high class gear before going to optional locations, as those usually have the hardest enemies.

I was offline on my first run, so no messages for me. :|
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:14 am

I was surprised by the amount of people who picked the first answer. But i forgot about the orange sign soapstone of course.
    Tbh my first playthrough was on an a torrented version of Dark Souls :oops: So there weren't no messages to point it out for me.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:42 pm

It was via a soapstone writing, I guess that counts as myself?
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:39 pm

How did y'all find the great hollow? 639795459OUTUBE
    hbm6

Post by hbm6 Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:20 pm

I just couldn't accept that the odd tree in blight town ended prematurely with giving you a plank shield at that, so i remembered the bonfire just before you hit the forest and i hit the walls and it opened, than i said 'what the hey' let me try it again.

I always was one for exploration in the games i play
    PwnasauresRex
    PwnasauresRex
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PwnasauresRex Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:42 pm

I found out about the Great Hollow from the magnificent body that is the internet. Praise the Sun
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:44 pm

I kept exploring the area cause I was looking for the boss, and then remembered the invisible wall by the forest gate. Finally getting down there only to run into another hydra and then realizing that the Dragon isn't the next bell boss was... frustrating.

Still don't know how I missed the giant spider nest Look Skyward

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:55 am