Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
tinypantha
Henkyona
lordgodofhell
densetsushun
Carphil
ChizFreak
CappuccinoJak
Sentiel
Jester's Tears
Jansports
deadagain
PlasticandRage
Bioraptor
Gazman0169
Tolvo
GrinTwist
defacto
Serious_Much
Forum Pirate
Kyōkai
MosquitoPower
Sloth9230
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
justwant2play
28 posters

Why do Japanese players assume everyone in the Dark Souls world is Japanese?

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Why do Japanese players assume everyone in the Dark Souls world is Japanese? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do Japanese players assume everyone in the Dark Souls world is Japanese?

Post by ChizFreak Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:50 am

Most japanese guys have clearly giveaway names, like mahurotakamashi0009 (<I just made that up), and for some reason most have numbers.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Why do Japanese players assume everyone in the Dark Souls world is Japanese? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do Japanese players assume everyone in the Dark Souls world is Japanese?

Post by Carphil Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:51 am

I like when you send to them:

happy

and they reply:

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

I don't know, its just so amazing (^o^)
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:56 am

CappuccinoJak wrote:
    is there really that big a difference between UK english and USA english?
    In real world? Probably not.
    In games? Big difference.

Examples of hate mail:

English (United Kingdom) - You bloody motherf*cking piece of :dung: ! Stop invading me! I'm not interested in PvP, so stop bothering me with your bollocks and leave me alone!

English (United States) - u madafakin piec of :dung: gtfo from my gam u sl*t cowrd u cant even fight like a man butt like a pusy u b*tch!!!11!!!!1

I apologize for the vulgarisms. My point was, that most players, having English (United States) in their profile write messages, that have little to do with English and I sometimes have to go google what the hell are they trying to say to me.
    Why do Japanese players assume everyone in the Dark Souls world is Japanese? - Page 2 7nTnr
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:17 am

Sentiel wrote:
    CappuccinoJak wrote:

Examples of hate mail:

English (United Kingdom) - You bloody motherf*cking piece of :dung: ! Stop invading me! I'm not interested in PvP, so stop bothering me with your bollocks and leave me alone!

English (United States) - u madafakin piec of :dung: gtfo from my gam u sl*t cowrd u cant even fight like a man butt like a pusy u b*tch!!!11!!!!1

I apologize for the vulgarisms. My point was, that most players, having English (United States) in their profile write messages, that have little to do with English and I sometimes have to go google what the hell are they trying to say to me.
    Why do Japanese players assume everyone in the Dark Souls world is Japanese? - Page 2 7nTnr

Love it. I agree though as a Brit I'm more inclined to prose for some reason.. Maybe because our English actually English, not that there's anything wrong with the overuse of z's.... :affraid:
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:23 am

I implore the British members of this community to remember that text speak is not limited to the US(read: you have chavs silly)
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:29 pm

i get that a lot....and i'm a dragonbro! so they allowed me to invade them lol
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:43 am

I don't think they assume everyone is Japanese that would be silly.

I rarely get messages at all, but I do receive the occasional foreign language message. It is a shame because I REALLY want to know what the messages say sad

What I want to know is why I have like 10 guys/gals on my psn from Japan that don't speak a lick of English lol. I added one guy that I summoned for Manus. Would you believe that I used chameleon and turned into a rock and he did the same? What makes it epic is the fact that the other phantom cleared the area to fog gate while the 2 of us slowly slid through the ENTIRE map as rock formations!!

You gotta do that type of stuff to make my friends list lol
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:08 am

that is pretty friend-tastic!
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:32 pm

I got this message in Japanese and I really want t know what it says sad
    Henkyona
    Henkyona
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Henkyona Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:59 am

I guess I'm a weird case my PSN is the same as my user name, I get people thinking I'm Japanese, when I tell them I'm a red neck from the US they are generally surprised and then I lol.
    Henkyona
    Henkyona
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Henkyona Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:07 am

Sentiel wrote:
    CappuccinoJak wrote:

Examples of hate mail:

Well I'm a redneck and I don't tend to talk in that manner I suppose I'm a special case in that regard.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:28 am

I would like to believe I type proper english or can atleast when i feel like it.

now typical american? maybe.

stereotypical American? Ain't Nobody got time o' dat!

So... r u gnna b up 4 1v1 quikscpes on cod ttly real wrfre?
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:32 pm

Well first off, they're from Japan. So for instance, if you're from America, don't you prefer to assume that whoever you're messaging may be from around where you are?

Anyway, I would personally take it as a compliment. Japanese people tend to be the best players in this game, and when they message me thinking I'm Japanese, that basically puts me on their level.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:21 pm

YES! we all hail from 'merica! We are a free **** ya kno?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:06 pm

I personally assume that all the people I play with are American males until proven otherwise. Because, I am. Since I have no information about the other player, that is my default position. I'm sure the same is true for most people.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:22 pm

reim0027 wrote:I personally assume that all the people I play with are American males until proven otherwise. Because, I am. Since I have no information about the other player, that is my default position. I'm sure the same is true for most people.

I assume everyone is either an American or European male, only because of the accents of many people I've played with. As much as I wish I didn't, I do assume > 99% of people I play with fall into those categories.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:37 am

I met a guy playing from Africa once. Was completely naked and using a plus 15 partizan...diversity is apparant in dark souls i do believe...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:02 pm