Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
CappuccinoJak
Ghadis_God
kazumoshi
T-King-667
martyrsbrigade99
Rifter7
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WyrmHero
TehInfamousAmos
Spurgun
Glutebrah
Phoenix Rising
The Letter X
EeAyEss
RedderAI
RANT
reim0027
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Jansports
Forum Pirate
Hydreigon11
User1
Juutas
27 posters

I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!)

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!) Empty I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!)

Post by Juutas Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:01 am

I have recently hit the mark of 2000 play hours of Dark Souls and 90% of those hours I've spent on PvP so I like to think I'm decent PvP'er big grin

Some of you guys may know that Scythe (regular one) is my favourite weapon and I'm trying my hardest to prove it's amazing and can compete with the obvious choices (Halberd or Lifehunt/Great Scythe). As the ultimate goal I would want to be the best Scythe user there is happy

However...

There are few weapons I have some problems with my scythe:

Chaos Blade

Well Chaos Blade is kind of a problem against any kind of build/weapon to be honest since it's a spectacular weapon, but what I'm having problem with is that it does roughly the same dmg as my Scythe but it's a lot faster so when trading with it my opponent he/she hardly loses + they can swipe it maybe two times and escape fast.
    Chaos blade (like all the katanas) has the running R1 that is really good for punishing the Scythe if I miss any of my blows since the recovery is so slow.
    ALSO Chaos Blade (again like all the katanas) can do the kick + attack combo that is really a nuisanse, since naturally i can't use this as my advantage.

Great Club

Ok....this mother f*cker... I swear this weapon is designed to fight scythe big grin
    Of course to make Great Club effective, you have to be good with it and know the weapons strenghts and weakness (shout out to Tasty Falafel on Xbox! You sir are excellent with this weapon).
    This weapon can poise break me with one hit (duh...) and you absolutely CANNOT trade with this weapon, because the damage is the highest in the game.
    The after rolling 2H R1 cannot be parried and boy does it have weird hit box that dead angles like a mother f*cker.
    For some reason Scythe is just slow enough to not recover when making a hit and trying to escape roll without taking a hit from the Great Club when opponent can poise through the Scythe attack. To my shame I almost HAVE to resort into roll bsing against very good players with a Great Club and I always feel like a **** when roll bsing slow weapons.

So guys...any tips? hints? experiences to share? if you use halberd-type weapons, what are your "nightmare" weapons? what weapons you have problems in general? let me know happy
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!) Empty Re: I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!)

Post by User1 Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:12 am

I use the Large Club +15, buffed with Crystal Magic Weapon, 50 strength, HUGE damage, but if anyone is using a katana, I'm useless, since my bleed builds up quite quick, and they roll away before I can hit them. Also, I do'nt see what's so good about the Chaos Blade, if anyone could explain?

Last edited by RenegadeCop on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forget things all the time.)
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!) Empty Re: I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!)

Post by Juutas Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:18 am

RenegadeCop wrote:I use the Large Club +15, buffed with Crystal Magic Weapon, 50 strength, HUGE damage, but if anyone is using a katana, I'm useless, since my bleed builds up quite quick, and they roll away before I can hit them. Also, I do'nt see what's so good about the Chaos Blade, if anyone could explain?

Chaos blade has higher dmg and waay higher bleed dmg than other katanas, also it's a little longer which comes handy when striking someone during their roll.
    Yeah, I had no problems with the Great/Large Club when I still used katanas because the recovery after a hit is non-existant with them...you can just swipe and get the f*ck out of there, so I know how you must feel when fighting katanas.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:25 am

A weapon I have trouble with is the gold tracer 2 handed. That ting wrecks me up, even though I can parry the one handed version, the two handed just kills me, way too much. Any tips?

I've not had many encounters with a great club, but it'll probably wreck me up since I've never seen it.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:36 am

Hydreigon11 wrote:A weapon I have trouble with is the gold tracer 2 handed. That ting wrecks me up, even though I can parry the one handed version, the two handed just kills me, way too much. Any tips?

I've not had many encounters with a great club, but it'll probably wreck me up since I've never seen it.

It depends on a setup you are using against it. I rarely have too much problem against it since I have the range benefit with my Scythe and I can win the trade even if my opponent would get one hit with it through before me maing my escape.
    If you are using a weapon that is fast enough to punish after kick, then I would say use that to your advantage because usually goldtracer users are button mashy type players who are hyper agressive (and usually stack some poise). And remember to keep your distance expecially if you have low bleed resistance, don't stay trading too many hits.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:43 am

I'm able to parry gold tracers, and that translates to when I'm fighting the spammers, I guess I just get over confident.

Recently, if I see someone two handing it, I just get the great scythe, and roll punish them from distance. Lightning spears/Soul Spears are very helpful against these, cos they don't know any controls other than r1/RB
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:46 am

I have problems against spears.

In all seriousness, with my preference for ugs and the large club (I like smashing things) the great scythe running r1 wrecks me unless I get off a good parry.

I'd say you're going to need to rely on prediction to kill kats. Parry or poise stab them if they get aggressive. If they stay back, poison them and punish them when they get aggressive or try to heal.

For the great club, roll bs. Its really all you got. They have a similar speed and reach with way more damage.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:53 am

Forum Pirate wrote:I have problems against spears.

In all seriousness, with my preference for ugs and the large club (I like smashing things) the great scythe running r1 wrecks me unless I get off a good parry.

I'd say you're going to need to rely on prediction to kill kats. Parry or poise stab them if they get aggressive. If they stay back, poison them and punish them when they get aggressive or try to heal.

For the great club, roll bs. Its really all you got. They have a similar speed and reach with way more damage.

Yeah :/ roll bsing is not my cup of tea and I hate it when I have to resort into it, but sometimes it cannot be helped if I plan to win the fight...

Also...problem with spears!!!??? :affraid:
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:25 am

The great/large clubs biggest asset is easily their rolling 2hr1, which is very punishable on whiff, just getting a handle on that phantom hitbox is sometimes a ton of extra work.

I approach all katanas in the same manner, with a Spear. So I'm afraid I can't be of much help (except to not that if you can hold a great scythe you can hold the winged spear! and perhaps even the SKS)

Gold Tracer is one of my favorite weapons because I know how to not mash r1. The overwhemling popularity of it with poised up 2hr1 spammers means all I have to do is pretend to be agressive and punish 46 thousand whiffed parries. ... I would note that like all curved swords if you can take one(or toggle) hit parrying the second is super easy. Other than that try keeping them at a manageable distance, if they get to antsy to be agressive put the boots to em(literally, just kick) they will either get traded down (pound for pound GT does less damage per single hit than most weapons, it's the bleed and possible stuns you have to watch out for) In the end patience is the best tool to handle short fast weapons like the GT.

Honestly Rifter I think spears are the best pvp weapons in the game, so I find it perfectly normal you have problems with them.

Personally I have the most trouble with katanas, somehow their running r1 can match length with a spear and straight dps racing with the GT or BSS usually results in me losing. I feel like I have to do some awkward dance of weapon swaps and play style changes to take a fight from a good katana user
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:32 am

Jansports wrote:The great/large clubs biggest asset is easily their rolling 2hr1, which is very punishable on whiff, just getting a handle on that phantom hitbox is sometimes a ton of extra work.

I approach all katanas in the same manner, with a Spear. So I'm afraid I can't be of much help (except to not that if you can hold a great scythe you can hold the winged spear! and perhaps even the SKS)

Gold Tracer is one of my favorite weapons because I know how to not mash r1. The overwhemling popularity of it with poised up 2hr1 spammers means all I have to do is pretend to be agressive and punish 46 thousand whiffed parries. ... I would note that like all curved swords if you can take one(or toggle) hit parrying the second is super easy. Other than that try keeping them at a manageable distance, if they get to antsy to be agressive put the boots to em(literally, just kick) they will either get traded down (pound for pound GT does less damage per single hit than most weapons, it's the bleed and possible stuns you have to watch out for) In the end patience is the best tool to handle short fast weapons like the GT.

Honestly Rifter I think spears are the best pvp weapons in the game, so I find it perfectly normal you have problems with them.

Personally I have the most trouble with katanas, somehow their running r1 can match length with a spear and straight dps racing with the GT or BSS usually results in me losing. I feel like I have to do some awkward dance of weapon swaps and play style changes to take a fight from a good katana user

Yeah...what can I say...Katanas I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!) 3358384175
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:38 am

I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!) 758582142 mfw katana
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:54 am

DSS/SKS and Washing Pole give me a world of problems. Always have.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:18 am

Spears, kats, and roll R1/roll away weapons. Especially with people who know how to use them. These people can hit me during my swing and roll away before my swing has a chance to connect.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:19 am

What about R2 roll away weapons? (basically the BSS)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:14 am

With katanas I ususally just switch to bss and leo ring and trade hits and they stop a lot of the times, if they keep doing it a switch to a spear and turtle like there's no tomorrow which really annoys them and end up doing nothing but try to bs me which gets them countered or if they pull out a shotel they get parried since all the do is get close and do an r2. I tend to lose to it due to lag since the chaos blade has rediculous phantom reach and for some reason it Phantom dead angles too :dung:
    If you go up against the great club the best thing yiu can do is roll bs or parry the roll rq (1h)
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:24 am

I honestly hate how Katans can dead angle when they are facing a shield DIRECTLY!!! It dead angles without havin to dead angle. I seriously had this guy touching my shield head on and he attacked and got through my shield. Katanas are the only weapon I have an EXTREMELY hard time countering them.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:33 am

Really? I've never had a problem with kats specifically, but then with a buffed large club or dgm, they don't want to get anywhere near me because I'll 2 shot them.

This gives me control over the battlefield, just wait for the inevitable roll bs attempt and slap them with 1000 counter damage. I can usually end it there by bsing them while they're stunned, for a further 1800 damage.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:46 am

Jansports wrote:What about R2 roll away weapons? (basically the BSS)

Aww sh*t almost forgot this one! BSS is some annoying thing to fight against with anything slower than Katana.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:57 am

My answer to katanas... the spear. Just outrange them and they can't do anything. That running r1 is a b1tch though...

I also love the scythe, but i'm no good with halberds... I need practice.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:22 pm

I hate to admit it, but no weapons have been giving me problems since I started using the Chaos Blade. Prostration

When I use the Greatsword on the other hand, spears give me the most trouble.

Oh, and just punish the Great/Large Clubs. Basically don't stay near them when they roll.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:20 pm

The Letter X wrote:I hate to admit it, but no weapons have been giving me problems since I started using the Chaos Blade. I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!) 1330857165

Oh, and just punish the Great/Large Clubs. Basically don't stay near them when they roll.

Wait, what?!?! You started using the chaos blade???

On topic...I'd have to say spears esp the DSS for some reason. Zweihander gives me trouble, as does the Mura and GLS for some odd reason.
    Oh, and Juutas' scythe. :evil:

Grats on 2000 hours played! :shock:
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:25 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:I hate to admit it, but no weapons have been giving me problems since I started using the Chaos Blade. I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!) 1330857165

On topic...I'd have to say spears esp the DSS for some reason. Zweihander gives me trouble, as does the Mura and GLS for some odd reason.

Yeah, and I now see why everyone loves/hates katanas - specifically the Chaos Blade.

Juutas, man up wit yo scythe, son! What happened to the days when you'd stay in one spot and still kick my butt?
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:30 pm

The Letter X wrote:
    Phoenix Rising wrote:

Yeah, and I now see why everyone loves/hates katanas - specifically the Chaos Blade.

Juutas, man up wit yo scythe, son! What happened to the days when you'd stay in one spot and still kick my butt?

Haha, I know man I should stop the wining and start polishing my counter tactics against Chaos Blade, but I don't know...s*it is hard big grin I hope I get to duel you more in the future so I can practice against it.
    (GG's btw if I forgot to say happy )
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:32 pm

Yeah, definitely GG's. We can maybe set up some duels soon and polish up both of our tactics.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:33 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:

I don't know if that is something to gratulate me for really :'D where the hell did my life go with this damn game!?
    Glad to know I give you challenge with the Scythe, it means I'm doing things right (I think)
    lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:57 am