Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
CappuccinoJak
Ghadis_God
kazumoshi
T-King-667
martyrsbrigade99
Rifter7
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WyrmHero
TehInfamousAmos
Spurgun
Glutebrah
Phoenix Rising
The Letter X
EeAyEss
RedderAI
RANT
reim0027
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Jansports
Forum Pirate
Hydreigon11
User1
Juutas
27 posters

I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!)

Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!) - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!)

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Juutas wrote:
    Phoenix Rising wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:I hate to admit it, but no weapons have been giving me problems since I started using the Chaos Blade. I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!) - Page 2 1330857165

When I use the Greatsword on the other hand, spears give me the most trouble.

Oh, and just punish the Great/Large Clubs. Basically don't stay near them when they roll.

Wait, what?!?! You started using the chaos blade???

On topic...I'd have to say spears esp the DSS for some reason. Zweihander gives me trouble, as does the Mura and GLS for some odd reason.
    Oh, and Juutas' scythe. :evil:

Grats on 2000 hours played! :shock:

I don't know if that is something to gratulate me for really :'D where the hell did my life go with this damn game!?
    Glad to know I give you challenge with the Scythe, it means I'm doing things right (I think)
    lol!

I feel the same way. This game is always fun and never really gets old. I take breaks on occasion but not for long!

We'll have to set up duels sometime as well. You, X, me, and whoever else wants to join.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!) - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!)

Post by Glutebrah Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:50 pm

reim0027 wrote:Spears, kats, and roll R1/roll away weapons. Especially with people who know how to use them. These people can hit me during my swing and roll away before my swing has a chance to connect.

problem against Kats?? not sure if srs..... you destroy me 100% of the time we fight, i do not have time to swing and get away you always wreck me when i try that i get stuck in a stunlock.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:57 pm

Oh, and from my Great Scythe days, I did the same thing over and over against Great Club users. Wait for the roll attack then backstep> running attack or R2.

This may work for you with the Scythe, but I'm not too familiar. Just thinking The Great Scythe and Reg Scythe may have something in common against other weapons.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:03 pm

The Letter X wrote:Oh, and from my Great Scythe days, I did the same thing over and over against Great Club users. Wait for the roll attack then backstep> running attack or R2.

This may work for you with the Scythe, but I'm not too familiar. Just thinking The Great Scythe and Reg Scythe may have something in common against other weapons.

Yeah they have wicked range. If I get in close, swing and roll out they always clip me if I'm fast-rolling.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:12 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    For the great club, roll bs. Its really all you got. They have a similar speed and reach with way more damage.

The club can be countered with a halberd (specifically the G halberd, normal scythe or a regular halberd). They have enough range to hit someone who just did the 2h roll attack. You just bait it while staying just out of range, and then hit them once. I've beaten some experienced club users in this way.
    As for the 1h roll attack, well i've never had any problems against it. It's Easy to dodge.

OT. I have a lot of trouble against the BSS. It does so much damage so fast. And it can stun you in 2 hits. Parrying experienced users is also very hard.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:14 pm

Not really problems with same weapons consistently. I think it is more the user that gives me issues... Okay, as a 0 poise player I will not lie, the Great scythe is a ***** to fight. Dash attack into free backstab, the 2h r2 combo. That is the majority of my life. I have to time my swings perfectly or I die basically xD
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Scythe huh, I've met a very good Scythe user on PS3, Ghadis. Halberds are the least used weapons for me, so I suck with them. So basically he taught me that the halberds are meant to be used as defensive weapons. You'll be taking hits, so stack poise (I would try 62 for spears and kats). I don't think fast rolling is a requisite since the roll attack is very predictable and easily dodged. I remember fighting him with a Washing Pole and he 2 handed the Scythe, waited for me to do a sprint R1 thrust, and smash my face with the Scythe, and since I didn't have poise, combo R1 spam. For the Great Club never get close when they do a roll, and maybe try some offense, usually they won't have high poise (if fast rolling).
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:11 pm

im using daggers... against great clubs, the fast guys have low poise and defense allowing me to do 130 dmg or so a strike and i can get off 4 strikes in the time it takes for them to do one, plus im fast rolling in three pieces of tarkus' gear so i can poise through and backstab the 1h rolling r1, especially if they try to dead angle with it, against slower targets i can get off 5-6 hits and roll away, plus with priscys dagger i can spam r1 against greatshields and bleed them to death.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:22 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Scythe huh, I've met a very good Scythe user on PS3, Ghadis. Halberds are the least used weapons for me, so I suck with them. So basically he taught me that the halberds are meant to be used as defensive weapons. You'll be taking hits, so stack poise (I would try 62 for spears and kats). I don't think fast rolling is a requisite since the roll attack is very predictable and easily dodged. I remember fighting him with a Washing Pole and he 2 handed the Scythe, waited for me to do a sprint R1 thrust, and smash my face with the Scythe, and since I didn't have poise, combo R1 spam. For the Great Club never get close when they do a roll, and maybe try some offense, usually they won't have high poise (if fast rolling).

I go midroll only sometimes with scythe, but usually my hectic playstyle forces me to use fast roll. It's a shame I don't own PS3 so I can't duel this Ghadis, but I would sure want to take a Scythe fight with him happy
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:Spears, kats, and roll R1/roll away weapons. Especially with people who know how to use them. These people can hit me during my swing and roll away before my swing has a chance to connect.

problem against Kats?? not sure if srs..... you destroy me 100% of the time we fight, i do not have time to swing and get away you always wreck me when i try that i get stuck in a stunlock.
    It depends on how they use the kats. If they are good at rolling in (unlocked), attacking, and rolling out, then I have a problem with them.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:57 pm

i don't really know what i have problems against.. i have problems when you limit my playstyle with rules.

i don't mind shedding whatever light i can on how to counter certain weapons tho, my knowledge might be of use to someone.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:12 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:

It depends on how they use the kats. If they are good at rolling in (unlocked), attacking, and rolling out, then I have a problem with them.

Do they generally have more poise them I do?? Enabling them to tank at least one hit?? My problem is some matches I seem to be doing good then get caught once and game over.

So they roll on and dead angle you I assume... I never really tried that against you try and dead angle.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:22 pm

i think the opponent he's talking about had 40 poise.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:23 pm

A few people have mentioned the BSS as problematic. As it's probably my best weapon let me elucidate the situation.(Okay I really just wanted to use the word Elucidate)

The First R2 is typically not punishable with anything other than rollBS. The second R2 comes out pretty quick and if they unlock they can aim it literally anywhere, so siderollR1 punish attempts are no good, unless you outdamage the potential Leo ring R2s

Because of their inherent poise limitations Spur I don't think I've ever not made a dragon weep with the BSS. It's 2H moveset is damn good. And if you predict a roar you can actually 2HR2 Roll through the Roar R1 then BS their stagger =/ The only advice I can give you really is use your dragon fast roll to roll BS punish or dead angle Roar after the second R2 if they use it.

Really the BSS is just a wonky spear with some good horizontal attacks and a running attack that can dead angle. Sure it's shorter than other spears but that doesn't mean you can approach it any more hastily. I find I lose most often to very patient players, anyone too aggressive and Leo R2s just shut them out

@Glute. Some weapons are just going to end you in a single hit, I'm not sure which one reim is using against you but I recall he's pretty bossy with the Mura (infamous for trashing low poise) And pretty much Any UGWeapon that can land that first hit will typically drop 1200-1600 immediately on you (at least thats around the numbers I get with the BKGA or DGM)
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:02 am

I usually beat BSS users by either switching to a UGW weapon or another BSS/spear (all my builds are melee, i don't have any int/fth builds)

With the UGW weapon i usually predict their r2 (BSS users spam this a bit too much IMO) and landing a 2h jumping attack on them. Or a club rolling attack.
    And with the BSS/spear i just try to outplay them.

It doesn't work all the time. Sometimes they predict my jumping attack and i eat a r2 combo for half my health. Or they just outplay me. But i've found these tactics to work best against BSS users.
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:06 am

Juutas wrote:I have recently hit the mark of 2000 play hours of Dark Souls and 90% of those hours I've spent on PvP so I like to think I'm decent PvP'er big grin

Some of you guys may know that Scythe (regular one) is my favourite weapon and I'm trying my hardest to prove it's amazing and can compete with the obvious choices (Halberd or Lifehunt/Great Scythe). As the ultimate goal I would want to be the best Scythe user there is happy

However...

There are few weapons I have some problems with my scythe:

Chaos Blade

Well Chaos Blade is kind of a problem against any kind of build/weapon to be honest since it's a spectacular weapon, but what I'm having problem with is that it does roughly the same dmg as my Scythe but it's a lot faster so when trading with it my opponent he/she hardly loses + they can swipe it maybe two times and escape fast.
    Chaos blade (like all the katanas) has the running R1 that is really good for punishing the Scythe if I miss any of my blows since the recovery is so slow.
    ALSO Chaos Blade (again like all the katanas) can do the kick + attack combo that is really a nuisanse, since naturally i can't use this as my advantage.

Great Club

Ok....this mother f*cker... I swear this weapon is designed to fight scythe big grin
    Of course to make Great Club effective, you have to be good with it and know the weapons strenghts and weakness (shout out to Tasty Falafel on Xbox! You sir are excellent with this weapon).
    This weapon can poise break me with one hit (duh...) and you absolutely CANNOT trade with this weapon, because the damage is the highest in the game.
    The after rolling 2H R1 cannot be parried and boy does it have weird hit box that dead angles like a mother f*cker.
    For some reason Scythe is just slow enough to not recover when making a hit and trying to escape roll without taking a hit from the Great Club when opponent can poise through the Scythe attack. To my shame I almost HAVE to resort into roll bsing against very good players with a Great Club and I always feel like a **** when roll bsing slow weapons.

So guys...any tips? hints? experiences to share? if you use halberd-type weapons, what are your "nightmare" weapons? what weapons you have problems in general? let me know happy

My greatest defense against a katana user is the standard halberd, period. Praise the Sun
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:01 am

martyrs, the halberds weak to roll stabs, and if you whiff a rollstab with a katana you end up with a very powerful roll r1 on the katana that can also dead angle.

the katanas standing r1 can roll out the moment after a hit and usually dodge the halberds r1 as well.

and if the kat user fails to dodge, while the halberd does a lot of damage, it doesn't damage poise enough to be a serious threat to 40+ poise kat users, which only does 31 poise damage.

not to mention the halberds r1 whiff suffers a long recovery frame and is vulnerable to insta dash r1's from the katana..

how are you using your halberd?
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:20 am

Imo i beleive any situation can be handled against any weapon with any weapon, you just need to find a suitable tactic.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:21 am

T-King-667 wrote:Imo i beleive any situation can be handled against any weapon with any weapon, you just need to find a suitable tactic.

“I don't fear the man who practiced 10,000 kicks one time. I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times”
    bruce lee ftmfw
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:35 am

T-King-667 wrote:Imo i beleive any situation can be handled against any weapon with any weapon, you just need to find a suitable tactic.

Ok i'll use the dragon slayer spear, and you use the painted guardian sword. Let's see how this plays out.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:38 am

Glutebrah wrote:

Ok i'll use the dragon slayer spear, and you use the painted guardian sword. Let's see how this playing out.

Let us up the anti with a broken straìghtsword.

I'm sure someone out there can find a counter to DSS poke-rolling, but the point stands that certain weapons will have major weaknesses against others.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:45 am

The Letter X wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:

Ok i'll use the dragon slayer spear, and you use the painted guardian sword. Let's see how this playing out.

Let us up the anti with a broken straìghtsword.

I'm sure someone out there can find a counter to DSS poke-rolling, but the point stands that certain weapons will have major weaknesses against others.

got 3 kills in the forest with a broken sword and a cracked shield on my level 20.

a curved sword can be surprisingly effective against spears as well, if the person knows what theyre doing.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:56 am

And a microwave can spontaneously appear, from nothing, in front of me, right now. Doesn't mean its going to happen.

I'm exaggerating, but my point stands.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:17 am

Forum Pirate wrote:And a microwave can spontaneously appear, from nothing, in front of me, right now. Doesn't mean its going to happen.

I'm exaggerating, but my point stands.

well i wouldnt mind having a new microwave.. maybe i'll take a buffed falchion and chainstab a spear user to death with it hahah.

oh and you know you can backstab someone after you stagger them right? 2h run r1 and r2 or wotg will let that happen.
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:22 am

Only weapons I have a hard time against are defensive halberds and spears. Katanas used to be a problem until I learned the parry window on the running r1. Spears though.. Their range and speed tear up most of my builds, and I have a hard time parrying them. Defensive halberd players (me being one) screw me up because I generally don't like being aggressive so a lot of times I'll screw up that, or just stand still and wait for them to do something stupid.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:45 am