Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
CappuccinoJak
Ghadis_God
kazumoshi
T-King-667
martyrsbrigade99
Rifter7
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WyrmHero
TehInfamousAmos
Spurgun
Glutebrah
Phoenix Rising
The Letter X
EeAyEss
RedderAI
RANT
reim0027
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Jansports
Forum Pirate
Hydreigon11
User1
Juutas
27 posters

I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!)

T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!) - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!)

Post by T-King-667 Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:58 am

Glutebrah wrote:
    T-King-667 wrote:Imo i beleive any situation can be handled against any weapon with any weapon, you just need to find a suitable tactic.

Ok i'll use the dragon slayer spear, and you use the painted guardian sword. Let's see how this plays out.
    Ive beaten spear builds with my paint guardian cosplay before? take your time and examin your enemy. Parry is always an option and consumable items can help too (dung pies black fire bombs etc)
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!) - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!)

Post by Juutas Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:59 am

T-King-667 wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:
    T-King-667 wrote:Imo i beleive any situation can be handled against any weapon with any weapon, you just need to find a suitable tactic.

Ok i'll use the dragon slayer spear, and you use the painted guardian sword. Let's see how this plays out.
    Ive beaten spear builds with my paint guardian cosplay before? take your time and examin your enemy. Parry is always an option and consumable items can help too (dung pies black fire bombs etc)

This is pretty funny to me because usually my best weapon choice against spears is PGS big grin
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:03 am

I question the skill of a spear user who dies at the hands of anything except the large/great club, magic, or another spear. Maybe greatscythe.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:06 am

Forum Pirate wrote:I question the skill of a spear user who dies at the hands of anything except the large/great club, magic, or another spear. Maybe greatscythe.

Yeah...well this opinion is just based on my experiences but: most spear users are pretty bad (thank goodness).
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:11 am

PGS could win if it tanks 2 spear hits while closing in for a R1 spam. Sometimes spearmen like to spam pokes so your best tactic is to tank them and stunlock them in return.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:16 am

yeah most people are too impatient to stick to the single poke flip away strategy and get greedy for hits, and even that annoying tactic has counters (mostly magic, but hey...) anyway can we move on from spears most people here hate them or find them annoying but the strategies offered are always either use a spear or something only a few people have the flair to pull off. what about deadangling gold tracer spam? no idea how to counter that with a melee build (besides a spear)
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:02 am

Glutebrah wrote:

Sure. SL 30 meet me in the Btown pit. I'm having problems against few weapons (also share yours!) - Page 3 3358384175

Also I take extreme pride in my ability to be incredulously patient with a spear.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:37 am

T-King-667 wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:

ok so lets see, the rules will be simple i need to beat you 10x before you beat me once, i will even tell you the strategy i use just so you can plan for it.

1. R1 only at max range (can't parry max range)
    2. never R1 more then once
    3. Always flip away after R1 (can't close distance by tanking hits)
    4. Only use R1 poke

have fun using a PGS and even hitting me. oh yea i will be using the DWGR also.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:39 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:yeah most people are too impatient to stick to the single poke flip away strategy and get greedy for hits, and even that annoying tactic has counters (mostly magic, but hey...) anyway can we move on from spears most people here hate them or find them annoying but the strategies offered are always either use a spear or something only a few people have the flair to pull off. what about deadangling gold tracer spam? no idea how to counter that with a melee build (besides a spear)

learn the way they turn when they Dead angle and get free backstabs, because you only need to take one step the other way to be behind them.

so easy to backstab people who dead angle short range weapons because they pretty much are giving you their back.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:47 am

Yeah. Poise stab and laugh is what I tend to do. Or roll r1 (though I'm refering to when I use the dgm or large club) as it hits harder, will likey deal counter damage and almost always stun them out of the combo, giving me either an opening to press or time to back off.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:27 pm

ughh.. i was at township and pulled out my sks when my hp was at around 30%ish (use a cblade) and the guy pulled out a falchion.

just started yelling no don't prove me wrong when i killed him. hahah.. whatever.
    he just ran head on at me tho.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Here's what I've learned from this.

1. Always carry a spear

2. Don't be a spammy idiot

3. ?????

4. Profit
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:28 pm

#3 = poke, roll, repeat.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:34 pm

I get problems with any katana's dashing poke, and against any bleed weapon as a dragon.
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:20 am

i'm new to the site but have been playing DkS since release.

anywho, i used to be a silver knight spear user. i never really use a shield anymore since the only one i used was the grass crest shield, and i only used it for the stamina regen (but now i have the ring). the point being that i'm way too impatient to durdle behind a shield and poke 'em. my main approach was to try to force them to atk me and i'd dodge and R1.

now i've started using the gargoyle's halberd and i'm loving it so much more. however anything quick is giving me trouble since dodge the halberd's on the slower slide.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:25 am

CappuccinoJak wrote:i'm new to the site but have been playing DkS since release.

anywho, i used to be a silver knight spear user. i never really use a shield anymore since the only one i used was the grass crest shield, and i only used it for the stamina regen (but now i have the ring). the point being that i'm way too impatient to durdle behind a shield and poke 'em. my main approach was to try to force them to atk me and i'd dodge and R1.

now i've started using the gargoyle's halberd and i'm loving it so much more. however anything quick is giving me trouble since dodge the halberd's on the slower slide.

if i where you i'd try to make the opponent predictable and time your hit to connect as they exit the dodge or at the start of an attack/advance. you might still be used to being able to throw your r1's around unhindered with the sks, so it's a bit of a learning curve.

i don't know how you'd do that with a gargoyle halberd tho, sorry.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:26 am

Ghadis_God wrote:I get problems with any katana's dashing poke, and against any bleed weapon as a dragon.
    blood shield, bloodbite ring, and the gargoyle halberd.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:27 am

raecor14 wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:I get problems with any katana's dashing poke, and against any bleed weapon as a dragon.
    blood shield, bloodbite ring, and the gargoyle halberd.

Who really sacrifices a ring slot for bloodbite ring honestly?
    Against a katana with a 0 poise just to avoid bleed...bad trade.
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:19 am

Juutas wrote:
    Who really sacrifices a ring slot for bloodbite ring honestly?
    Against a katana with a 0 poise just to avoid bleed...bad trade.

people who REALLY hate bleed and lifehunt scythe users, at least that's how i'd use the ring

off topic, but is it weird that greatswords/ultragreatswords and the like don't give me much trouble? seems like a lot of people don't really know their weapons move set too well maybe
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:12 am

It's the effectiveness of the UGS/GS's r1 stunlock, if it hits. Because of that, few people try and learn all the moves of those weapons. That's how I beat nearly everyone who uses an UGS when I use my UGS.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:51 am

I'm mainly a katana user. Love the Chaos Blade and no weapons, except for one give me much trouble to defeat.

Since I know katanas so well, I have no problem fighting against them with any weapon. Although I always enjoy fighting katana with katana, it's the most exciting way to PvP for me.

Weapons that I'm having problems fighting against?
    Spears.

I rock a katana wielding low Poise Dex build and any decent spear user can dominate me. Indecent spear users fall to my Shotel, on the decent ones, I have to take out my SKS, or die.

A very good spear user is absolutely unbeatable. Combination of spear and shield (especially if they use Leo Ring as well) will destroy every build if placed in the right hands. It's only downside is that it will probably take a lot of time, so spears really suck outside of 1v1 fights.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:00 pm

My only counter to a katana is to pull out my sks... I see your running r1 and I raise you my 2h r1!
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:52 pm

Are Spears really that bad? I've never enjoyed fighting them but for an opponent who uses the poke&roll tactic, couldn't you just raise your shield while walking toward them? They'll run out of stamina eventually...

I've been using a the Rapier and the Estoc almost exclusively for months now and I only have trouble with Katanas and Curved swords, mostly because of the stun lock if I miss my parry.

By the way, what are your counters to Thrusting swords? I haven't fought enough to really know, but the small number of the rapier vs rapier matches I've had have been some of the most fun I've ever had.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:50 pm

I find scythes to be the perfect counter the to spears.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRYMkhLruXo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Check the fight before the last one
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:40 am

Dj-B-Man-Jr wrote:By the way, what are your counters to Thrusting swords? I haven't fought enough to really know, but the small number of the rapier vs rapier matches I've had have been some of the most fun I've ever had.
    I meet only two types of players using those.
    BS fishers and turtles.

Shotel works well for both.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:50 am