Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 35 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Zephryl Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:19 am

Hachouma wrote:Well, i guess there's no lifeforce whatsoever in the chosen undead's feet

With how often your foot gets violently twisted and roasted over the Bonfire with seemingly no discomfort... It's really not a surprise.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 35 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:40 pm

If you're using the tin crystallization catalyst, you can recover spells (one spell at a time, but more than once potentially) by switching to another catalyst. In reality it will just use 2 with the TCC (and always round the number of remaining casts down), so if you're on an odd number of castings you can switch back to a normal catalyst, cast a spell and go back to the TCC with the same (halved) number of castings it showed the last time you had the TCC equiped. However, you cannot dual wield catalysts at the same time and do this; it will treat any cast as though it were from the TCC. So you can actually lose a spell if you cast with a normal catalyst while the TCC is in your other hand. You can have them equiped to opposite hands as long as you toggle away from the TCC to do a normal cast.

The only practical application would be to get an extra cast with one of the magic weapon spells. However, you could make your first and last casts with a normal catalyst on a spell that has an even amount of casts to get an extra overall cast at the cost of one TCC cast.

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : youcast -> you cast)
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:08 pm

RE BoC: It takes more than 1-hit to kill the BoC if you're 2-handing the silver knight shield. In fact, I recommend using another "weapon". I either couldn't hit it or didn't do enough damage with 3 swings one time and had to equip a proper weapon (I only use a bow and shield for that fight). But, I didn't die and didn't have to use the quit/reload cheese. Nothing wrong with that, if I ever need it I will not hesitate. But my ridiculous shield/bow method seems to work right now and it saves me a bunch of loading time.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:52 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:RE BoC: It takes more than 1-hit to kill the BoC if you're 2-handing the silver knight shield. In fact, I recommend using another "weapon". I either couldn't hit it or didn't do enough damage with 3 swings one time and had to equip a proper weapon (I only use a bow and shield for that fight). But, I didn't die and didn't have to use the quit/reload cheese. Nothing wrong with that, if I ever need it I will not hesitate. But my ridiculous shield/bow method seems to work right now and it saves me a bunch of loading time.

I guess you just didn't hit it, because the BoC is known to die from an unarmed punch tongue
    Unless you were in NG+godknowshowmany. Does anyone know whether the BoC has more health on higher NG+'s?
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:24 pm

It's funny that the BoC might be as hard as NG+ on NG, if it doesn't gain any hp. Well, maybe not.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:31 pm

Zephryl wrote:
    Hachouma wrote:Well, i guess there's no lifeforce whatsoever in the chosen undead's feet

With how often your foot gets violently twisted and roasted over the Bonfire with seemingly no discomfort... It's really not a surprise.
    Most characters run over lava without that ring at least once.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:54 pm

So, apparently you fall off the ladder immediately if you climb one with no stamina left.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:24 pm

densetsushun wrote:So, apparently you fall off the ladder immediately if you climb one with no stamina left.

Oh God this. When I first found out I was wearing Onion armour. It's hilarious enough normally, but with that on....
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:36 pm

The lack of green armor in this game is... disturbing.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:02 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:The lack of green armor in this game is... disturbing.

Stone armor? Guardian too, but thats kind of like a greenish brown puke color.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:07 pm

lalliman wrote:
    Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:RE BoC: It takes more than 1-hit to kill the BoC if you're 2-handing the silver knight shield. In fact, I recommend using another "weapon". I either couldn't hit it or didn't do enough damage with 3 swings one time and had to equip a proper weapon (I only use a bow and shield for that fight). But, I didn't die and didn't have to use the quit/reload cheese. Nothing wrong with that, if I ever need it I will not hesitate. But my ridiculous shield/bow method seems to work right now and it saves me a bunch of loading time.

I guess you just didn't hit it, because the BoC is known to die from an unarmed punch tongue
    Unless you were in NG+godknowshowmany. Does anyone know whether the BoC has more health on higher NG+'s?

I know I hit it at least once, but may have missed twice after that. Honestly... I couldn't say for sure what game. I think I tried it first in NG, but it may have died in one hit that time. The time I had to switch to a weapon may well have been NG++...
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:08 pm

I think I would consider the presence of green armor disturbing...
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:10 am

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 35 250px-GlassArmor
    i'm glad there's no green amor
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:57 am

From made a bad work removing infinite stunlock on some weapons and I've read a theory about Poise, where it was said that Poise recovers over time if you don't get hit, but it recovers instatntly when it gets broken.

When I was playing with a Claymore, I've hit a guy with it's R1 and it didn't stagger him, but the R2 did and I after the R2 hit him, I stunlocked him with R1s until my Stamina was dry and he couldn't tank it anymore, nor walk away from it.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:04 am

Hachouma wrote:
    Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 35 250px-GlassArmor
    i'm glad there's no green amor
    don't ask me why but i lost my **** looking at this.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:56 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:

The problem is that there's nothing to really mix the two stone armors with. Neither one is bad, but I like to mix heavy armors with other things, and because they're so radically different than everything else visually I never end up using them.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:02 pm

^That is made of GLASS. Real armor was not made of glass.
    And there actually is a cultural/historical basis for making at least ONE green armor-the Green Knight from Arthurian legend.
    On the other hand, green was sometimes considered an unlucky color to wear. Among the Celts, wearing it was said to invite the trouble with the Fair Folk, and trouble with them was often lethal and in Midieval Europe it was sometimes associated with greed/envy and/or the Devil.
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:38 pm

I recently found out that the Dragon's Tooth has a rolling R1 that is amazing O_O (Can't remember if 2h or 1h....)
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:44 pm

NPCWhiteMage wrote:I recently found out that the Dragon's Tooth has a rolling R1 that is amazing O_O (Can't remember if 2h or 1h....)

What is know is that 2H is a short range stomp, like other hammers
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Hachouma wrote:
    NPCWhiteMage wrote:I recently found out that the Dragon's Tooth has a rolling R1 that is amazing O_O (Can't remember if 2h or 1h....)

What is know is that 2H is a short range stomp, like other hammers
    That could be it...all I know is that the windup is very thrust-like.
    Orango19
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Orango19 Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:51 pm

Havel's Shield can turn you into a Rock.
    Learned this 2 or 3 months ago. That was my last discovery. lol
    . _ .
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:50 pm

Orango19 wrote:Havel's Shield can turn you into a Rock.
    Forgot to mention this here: The poise provided by havel's shield is effective against the ghosts in new londo when you are uncursed.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Acarnatia wrote:^That is made of GLASS. Real armor was not made of glass.
    And there actually is a cultural/historical basis for making at least ONE green armor-the Green Knight from Arthurian legend.
    On the other hand, green was sometimes considered an unlucky color to wear. Among the Celts, wearing it was said to invite the trouble with the Fair Folk, and trouble with them was often lethal and in Midieval Europe it was sometimes associated with greed/envy and/or the Devil.

I WASN'T talking about the glass Oblivion armor, I WAS talking about the green stone armors in Dark Souls. The two stone guardian armors. I can use CAPS too.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:50 pm

Orango19 wrote:Havel's Shield can turn you into a Rock.
    Learned this 2 or 3 months ago. That was my last discovery. lol
    . _ .

Now i know why Havel The Rock is called Havel The Rock
    Orango19
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Orango19 Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:08 pm

I just noticed now, that Combustion kinda looks like a reference to Full Metal Alchemist's Roy Mustang.

You release the flame by snapping your fingers. Looks awesome * - *

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:00 am