Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 34 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by VaDoom Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:12 am

BoC has less than 25HP in NG. I killed it with an halberd+10, 1H without enough force to wield it correctly, doing 24 damages. Next try will be bare fist.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 34 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Sentiel Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:20 am

VaDoom wrote:Next try will be bare fist.
    That's what I always do.
    I hate BoC so much that I want to crush it with my bare hands and feel the life slowly slipping from it's grotesque body.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:34 am

Sentiel wrote:
    That's what I always do.
    I hate BoC so much that I want to crush it with my bare hands and feel the life slowly slipping from it's grotesque body.
    So much hate... Why?
    So, do you know how many HP it have?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:53 am

VaDoom wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    That's what I always do.
    So much hate... Why?
    So, do you know how many HP it have?
    Out of all bosses BoC killed me the most. Fighting it is just PITA. I never had anything against Dragon God, but this is silly.

I never bothered to count, sorry...
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:02 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Out of all bosses BoC killed me the most. Fighting it is just PITA. I never had anything against Dragon God, but this is silly.

I also died to it a lot during my first playthroughs, but it's realy rare now.
    Do you still die here?

My hate went to Gwyndolin instead, I often die to his slow spell, timing my rolls underneath it badly.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:22 pm

VaDoom wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

Do you still die here?

My hate went to Gwyndolin instead, I often die to his slow spell, timing my rolls underneath it badly.
    Not anymore. I use Bow to shoot both of it's shining trunks, then bait it to use it's sweeping attack, roll down to the long root and proceed to finish it.

My hate for it originates from times, when using a Bow didn't occur to me and I did the entire fight melee.
    scalpfarmer
    scalpfarmer

Post by scalpfarmer Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:22 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    VaDoom wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

Do you still die here?

Not anymore. I use Bow to shoot both of it's shining trunks, then bait it to use it's sweeping attack, roll down to the long root and proceed to finish it.

My hate for it originates from times, when using a Bow didn't occur to me and I did the entire fight melee.

IMO the "gauntlet" aspect of BoC is something I really would like to see more of in the game, I mean once you master the mechanics of the game it's quite simple and it would be alot more entertaining if more parts of the game would be so that the enviroment would work against you as well as enemies.
    Could really spice up PvP as well!
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:07 pm

I think i one-hit boc with a R1 punch once, i might be wrnog, but that's what i remember

Also, you can break the two orbs on the sides by rolling into them
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:59 pm

Yeah, BoC has like 1 or 2 HP.
    You can't kill it by punching with your pyro glove though.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:13 pm

Speaking of Gwyndolin, I had something weird happen while fighting him. I tried to hit him with an unlocked great club 2hd charge move but missed (I suck) -- but the AOE auto-stagger from the near miss kicked him out of his teleport animation and then he just stood there while I beat him to death. It was a pretty glorious failwin all things considered.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:33 pm

befowler wrote:Speaking of Gwyndolin, I had something weird happen while fighting him. I tried to hit him with an unlocked great club 2hd charge move but missed (I suck) -- but the AOE auto-stagger from the near miss kicked him out of his teleport animation and then he just stood there while I beat him to death. It was a pretty glorious failwin all things considered.

Big Weapons have a small AoE radius where it will Stagger enemies. It won't hurt them but will...LEAVE THEM STAGGERED for a few Sec.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:06 pm

How much I love Skyrim. Not sure if that counts.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Jester's Tears wrote:
    befowler wrote:Speaking of Gwyndolin, I had something weird happen while fighting him. I tried to hit him with an unlocked great club 2hd charge move but missed (I suck) -- but the AOE auto-stagger from the near miss kicked him out of his teleport animation and then he just stood there while I beat him to death. It was a pretty glorious failwin all things considered.

Big Weapons have a small AoE radius where it will Stagger enemies. It won't hurt them but will...LEAVE THEM STAGGERED for a few Sec.

Right. The interesting part was how it seemed to permanently break Gwyndolin's teleporting.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:07 pm

befowler wrote:
    Jester's Tears wrote:

Right. The interesting part was how it seemed to permanently break Gwyndolin's teleporting.

Premanently? The Stagger only lasts for a few Secs on normal enemies/and or players.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:08 pm

^ Much be a glitch with his AI programming where if a staggering attack during the teleporting animation he will break teleporting and remain in a stuck area.
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    VaDoom wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

Do you still die here?

Well i guess i made a discovery while reading the thread >.<
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Sometimes Havel uses his shield special. I never knew that until I fought him with my level 20. I was BSing the crap out of him when I saw him hold his shield with both hands even though it was in hs left hand. He tried to do that 3 times, but I was always able to prevent it.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:08 pm

WandererReece wrote:Sometimes Havel uses his shield special. I never knew that until I fought him with my level 20. I was BSing the crap out of him when I saw him hold his shield with both hands even though it was in hs left hand. He tried to do that 3 times, but I was always able to prevent it.
    If I'm not mistaken you can just hit L2 and get the effect as well.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:16 pm

^ Yes, I knew about it, but I've never seen Havel use it.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:22 am

Today I learned that "hollow" NPC's such as Solair and Vince and Nico can be hurt by enemies still.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:36 am

They fight them? Or can be hurt.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:38 am

EeAyEss wrote:They fight them? Or can be hurt.

I've never seen them fight the enemies, only get in the way of their attacks and taking damage.
    SpecialNewb
    SpecialNewb
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SpecialNewb Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:43 am

You can kick humanity phantoms while taking no damage to yourself.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:51 am

SpecialNewb wrote:You can kick humanity phantoms while taking no damage to yourself.
    Yes, I've discovered this myself too! Great way to put some distance between you so you can swing your weapon in peace.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:17 am

Well, i guess there's no lifeforce whatsoever in the chosen undead's feet

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:38 pm