Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 18 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by GenericUsername Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:00 am

CappuccinoJak wrote:this isn't really a discovery, but i thought it was absolutely genious:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywyll7GUG5Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywyll7GUG5Q[/quote[/url]]

I've thought about doing that in the Kiln as well.lol
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 18 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by CappuccinoJak Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:05 am

it's never even occurred to me to try it. if it wasn't for the dark energy emanating from you, i'd gravelord like this lol.
    kaa0skrisse
    kaa0skrisse

Post by kaa0skrisse Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:27 am

Sloth9230 wrote:This shortcut

Credits go to nasreddin27.

Always knew there had to be a way down there but never thought doing it like that. Tried all kinds of crazy **** in all kinds of other places. Thanks for the link, will surely utilise this one!
    Relbaic
    Relbaic

Post by Relbaic Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:05 am

That if you do a joy on a dead Guardian in the Royal Woods, you can send them flying.
    Enjoyed doing that to one and flinging him off a cliff!
    *joy, not cheer!

Last edited by Relbaic on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:18 am

the guys in oolacile township are parry-able! i've never tried it until i did it with my rapier riposte/BS character.

i also just found the effigy shield and I. love. it! it's a pretty good small shield with decent stability and 90% lightning reduction! i have never even heard of this thing lol.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:36 am

CappuccinoJak wrote:the guys in oolacile township are parry-able! i've never tried it until i did it with my rapier riposte/BS character.

i also just found the effigy shield and I. love. it! it's a pretty good small shield with decent stability and 90% lightning reduction! i have never even heard of this thing lol.

Decent stability? not even my SL711 can survive a single drake breath with it
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:03 am

i meant compared to other small shields since they can't block for crap lol.
    LK-8912
    LK-8912

Post by LK-8912 Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:45 am

In the Depth. If you kill rat that hides in the wooden crate, then invade someone...when you back to your own world, there will be dead rat body inside restored box.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:11 am

CappuccinoJak wrote:this isn't really a discovery, but i thought it was absolutely genious:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywyll7GUG5Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywyll7GUG5Q[/quote[/url]]

It just goes to prove that many go through Lordran with their eyes firmly shut! big grin
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:22 am

Any aura hides the effect of Havel's Shield special R2 Poise buff.
    A Dragon Torso player can buff his Poise with Havel's Shield and hide the effect by another effect, like Wolf Ring, Grass Crest etc and trick his opponents into thinking he has 0 Poise.

Not mine, ok?
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:42 am

i leaned how awesome velkas rapier is ^_^
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gambs_the_Grey Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:06 am

Getting the very large ember at sl 1 is no laughing matter
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:17 am

I learned that siegmeyer can survive lost izalith on his own. I didn't have any ranged weapons on my current character, so instead I buffed him with my trident just before he jumped down. He had killed them all by the time I hit the ground.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:07 am

CappuccinoJak wrote:i also just found the effigy shield and I. love. it! it's a pretty good small shield with decent stability and 90% lightning reduction! i have never even heard of this thing lol.
    The problem is that it's hardly a round shield. If i'm not mistaken it has the parry speed of a medium shield.
    So instead of a good round shield it's more of a crappy medium shield. Unless you need the lightning resistance.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:23 am

ublug wrote:I learned that siegmeyer can survive lost izalith on his own. I didn't have any ranged weapons on my current character, so instead I buffed him with my trident just before he jumped down. He had killed them all by the time I hit the ground.

That's awesome. I've never given him the chance. Always been too worried he'd mess it up, and I'd be screwed out of the slab.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:32 am

That underestimation still kills learned players.

Friend of mine on NG+ went for Four Kings early, became a Darkwraith, and then with his Giant Armour BKGA build tried to test the Dark Hand on the Crestfallen Warrior.

Crestfallen parried him constantly, dodged and ripped him apart. Have to admit, wasn't expecting that. He doesn't half give you some s*** for dying to him too.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:38 am

If you have the charred orange ring equipped, your kicks ignite the enemies! Chuck Norris aproves!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:27 pm

LK-8912 wrote:In the Depth. If you kill rat that hides in the wooden crate, then invade someone...when you back to your own world, there will be dead rat body inside restored box.

Same is true if you get summoned for coop. I often farm rats while waiting to get summoned, and it is hilarious when you return and a bunch of dead rats fly out of boxes at you. It's actually worse than the real trap.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:52 pm

Ashran wrote:If you have the charred orange ring equipped, your kicks ignite the enemies! Chuck Norris aproves!

Just for Kicks

I did some damage test with kicking. The only thing that buffs it is Power Within. I haven't tried the Trident yet.

Also the topic got 5 upvotes! cheers (Yes, I'm proud of myself.)

I added it to my sig again. It got buried.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:24 pm

This is embarrassing, but I recently discovered on the catacombs floor that it's comically easy to lure the bonewheel skeletons away from yourself by shooting arrows past them. Usually, I clear the whole level and fight them head on, but I came down the shortcut and decided to try to shoot them with a bow while standing atop the cleric set. With my terrible aim I kept missing, and got all angry because the bonewheels were following the sound of my missed arrows farther and farther away. "Gah, why are you guys walking all the way down to the far end near the knight, I can barely even hit you with my arr...wait a second..."
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:46 pm

ublug wrote:I learned that siegmeyer can survive lost izalith on his own. I didn't have any ranged weapons on my current character, so instead I buffed him with my trident just before he jumped down. He had killed them all by the time I hit the ground.

You did what! I thought that sort of thing was illegal.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:00 pm

That's brilliant! Maybe now I'll have a chance at completing his questline.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:28 am

Well I've discovered a reason to not turn off your camera's auto wall recovery. If you try to fight one of the undead dragons with melee, when you get in close to attack your camera gets stuck inside of them and it makes it almost impossible to get away without being hit.
    argetlam213
    argetlam213
    Regular
    Regular

Post by argetlam213 Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:38 am

I just found out that you can WotG the giant skeletons in the Tomb where the large divine ember is at from on top the ledge :shock: Yay for no more suicidal runs!
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:47 am

argetlam213 wrote:I just found out that you can WotG the giant skeletons in the Tomb where the large divine ember is at from on top the ledge :shock: Yay for no more suicidal runs!
    I've done that everytime haha.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:46 am