Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 10 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Ashran Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Marino. wrote:
    Ashran wrote:If you try, you can catapult ragdolls by ninjaflipping in them!

The "Push" from a Curved Sword like the Falchion launches them better than the Ninja flip .

Wow i tried right now and yes, it launches them higher but its harder to do big grin
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 10 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by hey its andres Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:21 pm

When ragdoll flipping it helps to roll into them and then flip.
    IT'S GOOD cheers
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:43 pm

PSN is down in NA. Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 10 2707236321
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:44 pm

Not on the east coast. I'm on it right now. Playing Dark Souls in fact.
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:47 pm

Dammit I'm central time zone, just got the maintenance message. Maybe it will be back up tonight.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:50 pm

I'm actually talking about this in two different threads right now. According to their website it's supposed to be back up tonight. I hope this doesn't mean that I will be losing it soon. I need to be able to relax this weekend or I'm just going to lose it.

And moderate poise, a scalable buff, and Ricard's Rapier is a monstrous combination.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:38 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I'm actually talking about this in two different threads right now. According to their website it's supposed to be back up tonight. I hope this doesn't mean that I will be losing it soon. I need to be able to relax this weekend or I'm just going to lose it.

And moderate poise, a scalable buff, and Ricard's Rapier is a monstrous combination.

Ricard's Rapier and anything is a monstrous combination.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:03 am

PSN is back for me, Woohoo!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:05 pm

https://youtu.be/KXg1SgLqgrU

I only recently discovered this interview at From Software with a small tour of their offices and introduction to some of their staff.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:12 pm

Tolvo wrote:https://youtu.be/KXg1SgLqgrU

I only recently discovered this interview at From Software with a small tour of their offices and introduction to some of their staff.
    Isn't that from the dvd that came with the special edition? Or was that disc also removed from the us version, along with the ost and the guide?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:15 pm

I have no idea, I only wish I had gotten a special edition. sad
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:58 pm

There's balder shields and swords around the divine blacksmith.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:00 pm

I was just noticing that the other day too. It's all Balder stuff and Tower Shields. The stone blacksmith past the MLBF has them too. I'd assume all the stone blacksmiths do.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:11 pm

I discovered that upgrading the bloodshield while you have it equipped still fills all the status meters. I almost killed myself from reinforcement.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:21 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I was just noticing that the other day too. It's all Balder stuff and Tower Shields. The stone blacksmith past the MLBF has them too. I'd assume all the stone blacksmiths do.

Both Andre and the dead blacksmith with the ember have them, it's strange. I wonder what the other guys have.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:23 pm

There's an unattainable double-sided battleaxe behind Andre too. I want it.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Screw the axe, look at that giant balder swag sword. I wonder why he doesn't sell them?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:35 pm

I think some of them are thrusting swords too. Looking at the hilts, there're definitely Rapiers. I'm not sure what else.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Those look like normal rapiers, and standing next to the BSS on the ground tells me it's only slightly longer then the normal one. The one on the wall looks huge though. It's possible that they're the same size and the player just gets a smaller version. I think that's how it is with the Dark Sword too.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:38 pm

I'm not sure how accurate this is but, according to mugenmonkey, any elemental Gargoyle halberd has a 15 strength requirement when compared to 16 for the normal version.

I'm about to go test it with Andrei

Edit: just looked at my lightning gargoyle halbered, and it seems that that's not the case. I did stumble upon something interesting though, according to the other wiki, The G halbered gets boosted by the leo ring. I don't currently have the ring, so I can't check for myself.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:I did stumble upon something interesting though, according to the other wiki, The G halbered gets boosted by the leo ring. I don't currently have the ring, so I can't check for myself.
    I started to look into this a while back, but have not had the time to do more research yet. I wanted to compile a list of weapons boosted by leo that neither has thrust damage or a poke attack. https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t14947-weapon-list-for-leo-ring

Both the gargoyle's and black knight halberds have no thrust damage or a poke, but still get the boost.
    Another thing I noticed is that counter bonus doesn't work on the 4 kings, especially when using halberds. You get counter damage on the kings, but it doesn't affect the 'boss health bar'. Example: If you hit a king for 500 hp with counter, the 'boss hp' will only lose 450 hp.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:43 am

The Zwei(not sure about other ultra reatswords) seems to have an Aoe stun effect. It'll cause skeletons to fall apart, but won't damage them if they don't touch the blade. I'm not sure how that translates to other enemies.

On a side note, Divine Zwei is awesome if you don't want to rush the necromancers or wait for a SKS and don't wish to invest in faith. I'm two handing it, cause I only have 16 strength, and it does wonders.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:44 am

Sloth9230 wrote:The Zwei(not sure about other ultra reatswords) seems to have an Aoe stun effect. It'll cause skeletons to fall apart, but won't damage them if they don't touch the blade. I'm not sure how that translates to other enemies.

On a side note, Divine Zwei is awesome if you don't want to rush the necromancers or wait for a SKS and don't wish to invest in faith. I'm two handing it, cause I only have 16 strength, and it does wonders.

All ultra greatswords do that, and when it's not skeletons, it pushes enemies back a few steps. pretty good if attack too early
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:42 am

If your phantom skips the Sif cutscene and you (as a host) do not then your phantom will fight Sif except that Sif will just stand their.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:55 am

Far earlier in this thread we discussed that you could equip the fog ring and drop down to fight Nito. If you remained in that spot, the small skeletons will not arrgo.

I've used this tactic for the past few NGs, but yesterday I hit Nito with a Soul Spear at extreme range and it pulled two skeletons to me. So we have two tactics to solo Nito; kill the skeletons with a divine weapon and then enjoy fighting Nito or equip the fog ring and stay at the beginning of the area and wait for Nito to come to you.

Another thing we discussed was using Solarie for the Gwyn fight. Yesterday, in ng(10) Solarie and Gwyn were ignoring each other so I swung behind Solaire to force Gwyn to hit Solaire first. That's all it took; they went at each other and I was able to stay back and fling Soul Spears.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:01 pm