Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 11 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:09 pm

If you have Fall Control you can skip extremely large portions of Blight Town. Although I guess if you were so inclined to skip large portions of Blight Town you could just take the elevator instead.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 11 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Ashran Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:29 pm

If your estus flask is empty and you get summoned, defead the boss and come back, you will have 5 free estus cola!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:33 pm

^ It refills all your spell uses too
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:39 pm

Follow-up on Nito. Maybe it wasn't my Soul Spear that drew the two skeletons to me. Maybe the AI is different after ng(9). I'm ng(11) now and using the fog ring and fall control brought Nito and the skeletons to me while I waiting for them at the beginning of the area.

The skeletons didn't notice me until I started attacking Nito. I also tried the fog ring with hidden body (you can't use hidden body and fall control at the same time). Even with hidden body, the skeletons walked over to me with Nito (they didn't run ahead of Nito to get to me first). It took me a few tries, but I was finally able to take Nito down.

I'm going to have to revert to not using the fog ring and upgrade a divine to +10 and start taking out the skeletons first in the next new game.
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:39 am

PlasticandRage wrote:If you have Fall Control you can skip extremely large portions of Blight Town. Although I guess if you were so inclined to skip large portions of Blight Town you could just take the elevator instead.

ugh i refuse to even step foot into upper blight town! i always take the elevator now, unless i want something specific from upper BT.

can enemies bleed? i've seen blood sprays, but i think those are just from critical with a dagger. i've been using the lifehunt scythe and i have yet to make an enemy bleed in PvE....i think.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:43 am

That Gough and Havel have somewhat similar armor designs.
    kaa0skrisse
    kaa0skrisse

Post by kaa0skrisse Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:11 am

That there is this place that clearly can be explored in the lower undead burg. Look left and down immediately after coming down from the dragon bridge side opening, and then later on right before the assassin ambush on your left there's a planked up doorway leading to the same place. And it bugs the hell out of me since no one knows a way down there. I keep wondering if there's a secret tendency system in the game or something like that that could make this place open up.. Or maybe kite a certain enemy there to smash the boards..

Love the secrets in this game but hate not knowing about something.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:18 am

CappuccinoJak wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:If you have Fall Control you can skip extremely large portions of Blight Town. Although I guess if you were so inclined to skip large portions of Blight Town you could just take the elevator instead.

ugh i refuse to even step foot into upper blight town! i always take the elevator now, unless i want something specific from upper BT.

can enemies bleed? i've seen blood sprays, but i think those are just from critical with a dagger. i've been using the lifehunt scythe and i have yet to make an enemy bleed in PvE....i think.

You can make enemies bleed, it may just be hard to do it with the LH Scythe because it is killing the enemies too fast. Those blood sprays with the dagger were most likely bleedouts. Try using the Bandit's Knife unupgraded on an enemy in NG+, you'll make them bleed.
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:26 am

the stone great axe is buffeble.
    that gives me an evil ide of a build twisted
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:37 am

I don't think it's possible to perform a lunging attack (forward + R2) with the titanite Catch Pole. I've tried many times and it only gives me the normal R2, which is similar to a lunging attack. I wonder if it can be parried.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:06 pm

The pinwheels copies you find before nito can drop masks! At least the father one, just got it a few mins ago.
    kaa0skrisse
    kaa0skrisse

Post by kaa0skrisse Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Ashran wrote:The pinwheels copies you find before nito can drop masks! At least the father one, just got it a few mins ago.

Oh heh, now we need to start farming to get every last one of those masks and throw them in the eternal flame twisted

Well spotted btw.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:43 pm

^ They occasionally drop white slabs as well.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:16 am

The Letter X wrote:I don't think it's possible to perform a lunging attack (forward + R2) with the titanite Catch Pole. I've tried many times and it only gives me the normal R2, which is similar to a lunging attack. I wonder if it can be parried.

To my understanding the only things that cannot be parried are the whips. I seem to believe that on a TC pole character I was summoned and was messing around with the host and he parried me. This was a while ago, but I am still fairly certain that it holds true. It would not be hard to confirm as R1 halberd attacks are pretty easy to parry.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:26 am

Lunging attacks cannot be parried.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:42 am

You cant cancel the teleporting spell of the channelers by damaging them
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:43 am

Ashran wrote:You cant cancel the teleporting spell of the channelers by damaging them
    Unlike Gwyndolin, they're invulnerable once their spell is activated. You can damage them and stagger them before they activate it though.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Jester's Tears wrote:Pyro Glove does not show up while using Ring Of Fog. It just looks like you have nothing in your left hand.. Pretty nice for surprise attacks.

''OH. YOU HAVE LOW FIRE DEFENSE? I'LL JUST SHOT FIRE OUT OF MY HAND.''

Same is also true of the Dark hand, including when you block with it as a shield. It's fun baiting spellcasts that way, and it may disguise the humanity grab attack.

Couple of other things I noticed recently:

-- The sanctus regen effect trumps other visible/audible spell effects, but doesn't actually turn them off. For example, if you cast Fall Control, which makes your feet glow and has a sound effect, then wield Sanctus, Fall Control disappears even though the effect is still active on your character. Fun for luring folks into nasty spills.

-- If you do a running jump off even a low dip in the terrain, you can often convert it into a drop attack where normally you can't do a drop attack.

-- There are some truly creepy statues in the Asylum. From the door where you do a drop attack onto the asylum demon, instead jump left or right onto the little platforms. Then rotate your camera upwards until you are looking down on your head, and take a look at the statue. And then never sleep again.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:24 pm

befowler wrote:
    -- There are some truly creepy statues in the Asylum. From the door where you do a drop attack onto the asylum demon, instead jump left or right onto the little platforms. Then rotate your camera upwards until you are looking down on your head, and take a look at the statue. And then never sleep again.
    I've never noticed any statues there...
    I am going to do this and if what you're saying is true, I will hold you responsible and you will have to keep me company in the Forest for the whole night.
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gambs_the_Grey Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Random one. But if you cast light with the TCC it practically lights up the whole tomb of the giants!

Well more than normal anyway happy
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:59 pm

befowler wrote:
    The sanctus regen effect trumps other visible/audible spell effects, but doesn't actually turn them off. For example, if you cast Fall Control, which makes your feet glow and has a sound effect, then wield Sanctus, Fall Control disappears even though the effect is still active on your character. Fun for luring folks into nasty spills.

I'm starting to think this is either some kind of new bug, or is a new addition after the last patch. I've been noticing it recently also, with things that I'm nearly positive overlapped each other at one point. I'm using the Grass Crest and the Wolf Ring with one of my toons right now, and I'm nearly positive those two buffs used to show up on top of each other, but they're not anymore. Depending on what I equip first, the second buff I equip is cancelling it out.

Regardless of what it is it could turn out to be pretty helpful if it's working with all buffs. You could maybe use the fog ring buff to cancel out other buffs and be truly invisible while still using things like stamina regen equips.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:12 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    befowler wrote:
    The sanctus regen effect trumps other visible/audible spell effects, but doesn't actually turn them off. For example, if you cast Fall Control, which makes your feet glow and has a sound effect, then wield Sanctus, Fall Control disappears even though the effect is still active on your character. Fun for luring folks into nasty spills.

I'm starting to think this is either some kind of new bug, or is a new addition after the last patch. I've been noticing it recently also, with things that I'm nearly positive overlapped each other at one point. I'm using the Grass Crest and the Wolf Ring with one of my toons right now, and I'm nearly positive those two buffs used to show up on top of each other, but they're not anymore. Depending on what I equip first, the second buff I equip is cancelling it out.

Regardless of what it is it could turn out to be pretty helpful if it's working with all buffs. You could maybe use the fog ring buff to cancel out other buffs and be truly invisible while still using things like stamina regen equips.

It's been like that since launch.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:27 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:
    befowler wrote:

It's been like that since launch.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I just looked up some videos of people using that combo and it's doing the same thing. I really could have sworn they overlapped before.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Yeah it's like that for a lot of things like for cloranthy ring and wolf ring it only shows wolf ring, or it is the other way around I don't remember but yeah it's always been like this. It doesn't really make a big impact though only that you can't have green lines around your red character with blue feet sad
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:57 pm

I'm pretty sure it's whatever you equip second negates the visual effect of whatever you equip first. I think so anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 am