Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 6 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:22 am

Hachouma wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:I just checked out the jumping hyrda for the first time. That is awesome. It's gigantic
    It's actually smaller than the one in Darkroot Basin

I think they're the same size. I think the size of the areas they're in just makes one look larger than the other.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 6 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:29 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I just checked out the jumping hyrda for the first time. That is awesome. It's gigantic

Told you it was awesome. winking
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:27 am

Dead Angling with a katana or a curved sword in your left hand is incredibly easy.

If you break your opponent's poise on a running attack with quick weapons, you can follow up with an offhand attack provided your main hand's weapon has a fast running attack. This provides more damage than a 2h running R1.

Alternating R1 and L1 is the perfect timing for "hesitating" your combo so you can mess with the normal parry window. Spamming L1 also works.

You can parry, L1, then riposte for extra damage.

I can't confirm this, but it seems that offhand weapons have larger partial parry windows than barehanded parries. It would make sense.

For some reason it is much easier to hit someone in their roll with an L1. It's almost as if it has a longer lasting attack window. I can almost control if I want to hit someone at the beginning, middle, or end of their roll.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:51 am

I suppose it's more of a reference, that the Abyss is the Opposite of the Flame.

Flame=Fire.

The bottom of the ocean is called the Abyssal plane.

The most water and pressure. Being at the bottom of a giant mass of water.

It's nothing they probably intended, but I was just thinking about it.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:00 am

Tolvo wrote:I suppose it's more of a reference, that the Abyss is the Opposite of the Flame.

Flame=Fire.

The bottom of the ocean is called the Abyssal plane.

The most water and pressure. Being at the bottom of a giant mass of water.

It's nothing they probably intended, but I was just thinking about it.
    Do you think it has something to do with flooding New Londo?
    largestember
    largestember

Post by largestember Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:10 am

I discovered there was a ring called Covetous Silver Serpent after 600+ hours of playing DeS. Weird huh
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:47 pm

Ps3 controllers don't enjoy hot cups of coffee as much as I do. Looks like I'm $50 poorer.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:20 pm

The fireball hurling giant at the top of Sens can be killed by shooting him to death. Position yourself near the steps leading to the first platform where the fireballs land and look up. You'll see him quite clearly. Just arrow him to death, takes a while but it's better than being roasted before you get to the bonfire. Poison arrows work too.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:42 pm

Sunlight Spear is awesome with high dexterity. I've never bothered leveling my faith to 50 before because I always thought the lightning spells didn't seem that useful for PvP. I'm finding that most other people seem to not think so either, so a lot of them see me casting it and don't seem to take it all that seriously, then get blasted for almost 1000 damage
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:53 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:The fireball hurling giant at the top of Sens can be killed by shooting him to death. Position yourself near the steps leading to the first platform where the fireballs land and look up. You'll see him quite clearly. Just arrow him to death, takes a while but it's better than being roasted before you get to the bonfire. Poison arrows work too.
    An even easier way: If you break all of his firebombs with your bow, he can't throw them anymore! If your bow does low damage, just shoot his stack, reach him unhindered and kill him with melee.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:30 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Ps3 controllers don't enjoy hot cups of coffee as much as I do. Looks like I'm $50 poorer.
    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 6 I-know-that-feel-bro
    I had a controller just up and die on me. No more co-oping offline until I get a new one sad
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:33 pm

I hate how expensive they are now. If they were a little cheaper their lack of durability wouldn't bother me as much. It's just pretty lame that for the price of a single controller I could be buying almost 3 games.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:50 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I hate how expensive they are now. If they were a little cheaper their lack of durability wouldn't bother me as much. It's just pretty lame that for the price of a single controller I could be buying almost 3 games.

I'm pretty sure would be dissapointed by the durability of anything when you spill coffee on it

Last edited by Hachouma on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Well yeah, I don't expect it to survive that, but I've been having issues with it outside that for awhile now, and before I spilled coffee on it I'd never had anything bad happen to it. It just started getting buggy for seemingly no reason.

Also I have a new discovery. Havel can use his shield's special ability when you fight him in the Burg. I'd never seen him do it before, but he just tried to against me 3 times. I'm making a new toon, and I was fast rolling with a weak weapon and just BSing him to death. So I was dancing around waiting for him to swing at me so I could run behind him and he stopped what he was doing and started to lift his shield. I didn't know what he was doing, and I just ran in and BSed him before he got the chance to take it any further than that, but then he tried it again, and again. Pretty positive that's what he was doing.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:50 pm

Also, CSS is ineffective at a certain close range. I just stood right in front of some glass canon build as his spears wizzed right by me.

And smough's helm doesn't fit right. Unless those little groove things on the neck are supposed to be eye holes.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:31 pm

GenericUsername wrote:Also, CSS is ineffective at a certain close range. I just stood right in front of some glass canon build as his spears wizzed right by me.

And smough's helm doesn't fit right. Unless those little groove things on the neck are supposed to be eye holes.

Smoughs Armor is supposed to make you look Big .
    And the Helmet is that big to possibly distract archers who are heading for headshots
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:03 pm

Hachouma wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:I hate how expensive they are now. If they were a little cheaper their lack of durability wouldn't bother me as much. It's just pretty lame that for the price of a single controller I could be buying almost 3 games.

I'm pretty sure would be dissapointed by the durability of anything when spill coffee on it
    How about my dualshock just deciding to kick it for no reason, or my friend and his analog stick that's just gone haywire? Dualshocks are notoriously bad when it comes to durability.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:28 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    Hachouma wrote:

I'm pretty sure would be dissapointed by the durability of anything when spill coffee on it
    How about my dualshock just deciding to kick it for no reason, or my friend and his analog stick that's just gone haywire? Dualshocks are notoriously bad when it comes to durability.

I've never had problems with dualshock3's, nor did anyone i know who owns a PS3, in fact i find them quite resistant for their light weight, in contrast with the ununoctium plated 2000Kg xbox controllers (notice there is a slight exaggeration to emphasize the size and weight difference)

You clearly never destroyed tens of made-in-china dualshock2's when you were a kid; then you'd know what "lack of durability" means
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Hachouma wrote:
    I've never had problems with dualshock3's, nor did anyone i know who owns a PS3, in fact i find them quite resistant for their light weight, in contrast with the ununoctium plated 2000Kg xbox controllers (notice there is a slight exaggeration to emphasize the size and weight difference)

You clearly never destroyed tens of made-in-china dualshock2's when you were a kid; then you'd know what "lack of durability" means
    Fair enough, I understand that experiences differ. My Dualshock did last quite some time before it decided to die on me, but I've known many people who've had both dualshocks last a lifetime and those who've had them last an unpleasantly short time.

Anyway, I think we're veering off topic here.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Fighting Tanks makes me WAYYY too confident. I went into NG+9 so i could spare Taurus and have a good PvP area and i Summoned a FULL HAVELS. He had Dragon tooth and everything.

After i saw him Fat roll, i started playing with him. I poisoned him and ran away (D*ck move.) He didn't have any Purple Moss so it was Me + Poison Vs. Him, He tried to hit me but I parried him but never Riposted, I was trolling the Kid.

He ran away And used a Humanity, don't blame him. He was gettin his A** handed too him anyway Shrug I played with him for 2 or 3 more Minutes AND HE GOT A HIT ON ME. He backstabbed me (Hornet Ring) and my HP went from 2100 to 1000...THAT'S ALOT OF DAMAGE. Of course, when i saw that. I bombarded him with Fireballs... Hurrah (He died by Poison, btw.)
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:05 pm

Jester's Tears wrote:Fighting Tanks makes me WAYYY too confident. I went into NG+9 so i could spare Taurus and have a good PvP area and i Summoned a FULL HAVELS. He had Dragon tooth and everything.

After i saw him Fat roll, i started playing with him. I poisoned him and ran away (D*ck move.) He didn't have any Purple Moss so it was Me + Poison Vs. Him, He tried to hit me but I parried him but never Riposted, I was trolling the Kid.

He ran away And used a Humanity, don't blame him. He was gettin his A** handed too him anyway Shrug I played with him for 2 or 3 more Minutes AND HE GOT A HIT ON ME. He backstabbed me (Hornet Ring) and my HP went from 2100 to 1000...THAT'S ALOT OF DAMAGE. Of course, when i saw that. I bombarded him with Fireballs... Hurrah (He died by Poison, btw.)

Facinating tale and all but...What did you discover ? lol!
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:27 pm

The firebombs that the Giant throws in Sen's are useless if you just dash through the areas and kill him.

Just sprint through, and you're golden.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:53 pm

Having 45 dex makes sunlight spear cast as fast as the little lightning one.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:17 pm

After defeating the Gaping Dragon, pay some attention to the gray goo that is steaming on the ground, in puddles. It splashes as you walk/run through it and you can see your footprints linger and then disappear.

I love this game!
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:10 am

Jester's Tears wrote:Fighting Tanks makes me WAYYY too confident. I went into NG+9 so i could spare Taurus and have a good PvP area and i Summoned a FULL HAVELS. He had Dragon tooth and everything.

He ran away And used a Humanity, don't blame him. He was gettin his A** handed too him anyway Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 6 3358384175 I played with him for 2 or 3 more Minutes AND HE GOT A HIT ON ME. He backstabbed me (Hornet Ring) and my HP went from 2100 to 1000...THAT'S ALOT OF DAMAGE. Of course, when i saw that. I bombarded him with Fireballs... Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 6 558843162 (He died by Poison, btw.)

Eh those are the newb tanks. I can go full havels as well as a great shield and two greatswords and still medium roll. Then again I am level 251 so that might have something to do with it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:31 am