Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

    Discoveries you only made recently.

    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 258
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-11-13
    Age : 31
    Location : Earth or elsewhere

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Aznul Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:29 am

    You can't perform a plunging attack with a catalyst sad. Found out in dukes archives on the lone crystal skeleton below the secret staircase near where logan shows up.

    I wonder, can you perform a plunging attack with a pyromancy flame? Or a talisman?

    I doubt you can with a bow or crossbow but it might be fun to try silly
    avatar
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster


    Posts : 3306
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Age : 31

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Marino. Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:31 am

    Aznul wrote:You can't perform a plunging attack with a catalyst sad. Found out in dukes archives on the lone crystal skeleton below the secret staircase near where logan shows up.

    I wonder, can you perform a plunging attack with a pyromancy flame? Or a talisman?

    I doubt you can with a bow or crossbow but it might be fun to try silly

    You also cant do a plunging attack with Whips .
    Even if you Jump attack of a ledge it still does the Normal falling Animation :|
    But it makes sense
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1044
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-12-02
    Age : 29
    Location : Darkroot Garden, California

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by hey its andres Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:15 am

    If you go to Dusk's Cave and go to one of the edge's and angle the camera just right you can see some sort of lava or something through the ground.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster


    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 36
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Sentiel Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:07 am

    The part of Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith you can see from Tomb of the Giants, is actually the part with Ceaseless Discharge. If you yoom in, you can see the walkway leading to him and the lava below.
    However, you can't see Ceaseless himself and if he's dead, you can still see the lava there, which is now hardened.

    I've went down there and tried to find the hole to Tomb of the Giants and failed. On the other side, considering the distance, the hole can be pretty small and very easy to miss.
    avatar
    bla
    Regular
    Regular


    Posts : 81
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-05

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by bla Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:31 am

    I also couldn't see that hole. Might be to save computing resources or just that the tomb is very dark.

    More discoveries:

    You can still attack with broken weapons although they do poor damage. Repair at 14 int will recover 200 points if I remember correctly.

    The path behind the barred entry that seems to be breakable in the undead burg (not the one by the torch hollows) can be seen when you first arrive in the burg before going down the stairs and meet the dogs. It seems to lead nowhere

    But really, everybody knew about the jumping black hydra? Because for me it was a big surprise.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster


    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 36
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Sentiel Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:02 am

    I knew that the Hydra can jump. I actually half expected something like that, because I could shield myslef from it's attacks.

    I didn't expect it to start shooting at middle jump. That scared the :dung: out of me. Thank Umbasa, those things can't aim up close.
    avatar
    bla
    Regular
    Regular


    Posts : 81
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-04-05

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by bla Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:57 am

    Yup, she jumps and shoots. Actually, hearing the projectiles was the reason I looked left and saw it jumping. Fortunately it missed all shots
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster


    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 36
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Sentiel Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:08 am

    bla wrote:Yup, she jumps and shoots. Actually, hearing the projectiles was the reason I looked left and saw it jumping. Fortunately it missed all shots
    It's got the aim of your average CoD player. Sprays all over the place while you calmly stroll to your destination.

    It's sister in Basin is usually so desparate to hit you, it needs to use aimbot to lead it's shot at you.

    n00bs.

    lol!


    Last edited by befowler on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please don't try to circumvent language filter.)
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 41
    Location : New York

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:53 pm

    BP Leeroy can actually become difficult in later NG+'s. It's mostly because of where you fight him, but he actually starts doing things that a lot of players give people crap for doing when they PvP. I'm in NG+2 right now, and I just ran up on him as he was spawning, and he WoG spammed me 3 times, then backed off and healed, then came in and WoG spammed me 2 more times. It was crazy. I was having a lot of trouble stunlocking him with my current equipment too, so he was pretty much tanking me and then getting in close and WoG spamming, then healing when I backed off to heal. I took him out on the first try, but that was the first time I've ever been given any trouble from a NPC BP

    Also, if you use a divine weapon you can put down Nito's skeleton allies permanently. I had no idea. I've always just stayed near where you fall into the arena, and dealt with the few that aggro throughout the fight.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 258
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-11-13
    Age : 31
    Location : Earth or elsewhere

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Aznul Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:57 pm

    PlasticandRage wrote:

    Also, if you use a divine weapon you can put down Nito's skeleton allies permanently. I had no idea. I've always just stayed near where you fall into the arena, and dealt with the few that aggro throughout the fight.
    Wait, the normal sized skeletons in Nito's fight don't get back up? I always took them out with a divine weapon anyways, but if I don't need to, that would save me a lot of trouble in NG+ with my current build.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 505
    Reputation : 23
    Join date : 2012-11-06
    Age : 33

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by lalliman Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:17 pm

    ^ I'm damn sure they do! You need a divine weapon to kill them for good.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 152
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-08-01

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by defacto Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:30 pm

    PlasticandRage wrote:BP Leeroy can actually become difficult in later NG+'s. It's mostly because of where you fight him, but he actually starts doing things that a lot of players give people crap for doing when they PvP. I'm in NG+2 right now, and I just ran up on him as he was spawning, and he WoG spammed me 3 times, then backed off and healed, then came in and WoG spammed me 2 more times. It was crazy. I was having a lot of trouble stunlocking him with my current equipment too, so he was pretty much tanking me and then getting in close and WoG spamming, then healing when I backed off to heal. I took him out on the first try, but that was the first time I've ever been given any trouble from a NPC BP

    Also, if you use a divine weapon you can put down Nito's skeleton allies permanently. I had no idea. I've always just stayed near where you fall into the arena, and dealt with the few that aggro throughout the fight.

    I actually don't think BP's stats change after NG. Nor does their behavior.

    It sounds like you just got really unlucky.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 41
    Location : New York

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:45 pm

    lalliman wrote:^ I'm damn sure they do! You need a divine weapon to kill them for good.

    Yup, they do. I did it with my Arty Sword toon, and the true GS made them stay down. Really good thing to be aware of. I can't speak for the big skeletons, because I didn't aggro any, but the normal sized ones definitely do.

    ^ As far as Leeroy, I'm really not sure about his stats. He certainly took a ton of punishment from my TGSoA, but I couldn't say with any certainty whether or not he took more or less than usual. It's quite possible they don't level, but he went nuts on me regardless. I've never seen him spam like that before.

    I'd definitely say he's the most difficult NPC BP. His spells in combination with the spot where you fight him make it pretty easy to get thrown off that ledge if he catches you right. I wasn't expecting it at all, and was suddenly having to roll for dear life.
    befowler
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator


    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by befowler Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:55 pm

    NPCs typically do get tougher on later playthroughs, this is noticeable with summonable allies like Solaire and makes sense since they will be helping you against tougher enemies. Recently had to help someone deal with an NG+++++ Marvelous Chester (BP version). We ended up having to actually hide from him for a bit, not my finest moment.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 41
    Location : New York

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:03 pm

    ^ I actually was torn when I said Leeroy for the toughest, because Chester can actually be quite a handful as well. That sweep kick seems to just destroy stamina, and his CB is no joke either.

    I've had to run from him to hide and heal a couple of times before.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 258
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-11-13
    Age : 31
    Location : Earth or elsewhere

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Aznul Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:23 pm

    PlasticandRage wrote:
    lalliman wrote:^ I'm damn sure they do! You need a divine weapon to kill them for good.

    Yup, they do. I did it with my Arty Sword toon, and the true GS made them stay down. Really good thing to be aware of. I can't speak for the big skeletons, because I didn't aggro any, but the normal sized ones definitely do.

    ^ As far as Leeroy, I'm really not sure about his stats. He certainly took a ton of punishment from my TGSoA, but I couldn't say with any certainty whether or not he took more or less than usual. It's quite possible they don't level, but he went nuts on me regardless. I've never seen him spam like that before.

    I'd definitely say he's the most difficult NPC BP. His spells in combination with the spot where you fight him make it pretty easy to get thrown off that ledge if he catches you right. I wasn't expecting it at all, and was suddenly having to roll for dear life.



    Must have misinterpreted what you wrote then. Now I see you mentioned them aggroing "throughout the fight". Also, I already knew about the true greatsword of artorias, since it was the main weapon for my first character silly. I thought it was great that I didn't need to swap just for the skeletons.

    But how often do you actually get gravelorded? Closest I got was a message saying it was over, but I hadn't seen any stronger monsters.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 41
    Location : New York

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:25 pm

    Aznul wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:
    lalliman wrote:^ I'm damn sure they do! You need a divine weapon to kill them for good.

    Yup, they do. I did it with my Arty Sword toon, and the true GS made them stay down. Really good thing to be aware of. I can't speak for the big skeletons, because I didn't aggro any, but the normal sized ones definitely do.

    ^ As far as Leeroy, I'm really not sure about his stats. He certainly took a ton of punishment from my TGSoA, but I couldn't say with any certainty whether or not he took more or less than usual. It's quite possible they don't level, but he went nuts on me regardless. I've never seen him spam like that before.

    I'd definitely say he's the most difficult NPC BP. His spells in combination with the spot where you fight him make it pretty easy to get thrown off that ledge if he catches you right. I wasn't expecting it at all, and was suddenly having to roll for dear life.



    Must have misinterpreted what you wrote then. Now I see you mentioned them aggroing "throughout the fight". Also, I already knew about the true greatsword of artorias, since it was the main weapon for my first character silly. I thought it was great that I didn't need to swap just for the skeletons.

    But how often do you actually get gravelorded? Closest I got was a message saying it was over, but I hadn't seen any stronger monsters.

    I'm still not sure what you're talking about man. My new discovery was simply that divine weapons can be used to prevent the skeletons in Nito's arena from getting back up after you kill them. I'd always stopped using my divine weapons once I'd killed all the necromancers in the Catacombs, because the skeletons in the Tomb don't regenerate anyway, so I didn't think they'd help me, but because this time through I'm using a main weapon that does divine damage, I've discovered that they can be used to kill Nito's skeletons. Understand?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster


    Posts : 3181
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2012-11-26
    Age : 36
    Location : Mushroom Kingdom

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Sentiel Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:29 pm

    Chester is a pain to deal with only because of his hyper armor, super long kick spamming, if he didn't have that, he would be super easy.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 258
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-11-13
    Age : 31
    Location : Earth or elsewhere

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Aznul Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:46 pm

    PlasticandRage wrote:

    I'm still not sure what you're talking about man. My new discovery was simply that divine weapons can be used to prevent the skeletons in Nito's arena from getting back up after you kill them. I'd always stopped using my divine weapons once I'd killed all the necromancers in the Catacombs, because the skeletons in the Tomb don't regenerate anyway, so I didn't think they'd help me, but because this time through I'm using a main weapon that does divine damage, I've discovered that they can be used to kill Nito's skeletons. Understand?

    Yeah I get it now. Although, you never actually need a divine weapon for the catacombs, just a bow, snipe all the necromancers and rush the last one, no divinity needed.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 41
    Location : New York

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:50 pm

    Well of course you don't need one, but why not bring one? It's not as though they're difficult to get or use.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 258
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-11-13
    Age : 31
    Location : Earth or elsewhere

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Aznul Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:52 pm

    I just remember having to get through the catacombs with a character that didnt actually have one is all. That and I dont normally make faith builds, so the divine weapon is usually less effective than my main weapon, and I prefer not to have to lower my damage output just so something stays dead.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 673
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-01-07
    Age : 31
    Location : Sunlight Shrine

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Ashran Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:55 pm

    I discovered two useful things about chameleon:

    1: In sens fortress you metamorph into one of that silver knight statues. They r damn cool.

    2: its useless in Oolacile.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 41
    Location : New York

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:05 pm

    I just checked out the jumping hyrda for the first time. That is awesome. It's gigantic
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1488
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-12-23
    Age : 26
    Location : Killing the chat

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Hue Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:15 pm

    PlasticandRage wrote:I just checked out the jumping hyrda for the first time. That is awesome. It's gigantic
    It's actually smaller than the one in Darkroot Basin
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 443
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-12-20
    Age : 29

    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by GenericUsername Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:08 am

    I learned that you can backstab the royal gardeners in the DLC.

    Sponsored content


    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:03 pm