Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 4 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:34 pm

^ I've been trying to pay as much attention as possible to areas you can see across vast spaces in my current playthrough, and it's absolutely incredible. That may be the part of the game I'm most impressed with.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 4 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Bioraptor Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:28 pm

On the left side of coming out of the undead Asylem there is a hollow who you can retrive souls from......1000Plus hours in DkS an I never knew this lol.....Its no big deal but I just love how this game throws you a curve ball when you think you have done it all......
    bla
    Regular
    Regular

Post by bla Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:33 pm

The black hydra in ash lake jumps from one side of the lake to the other if you go towards the everlasting dragon while ignoring her. Gave me a scare.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:43 pm

I like how From hides rings of sacrifice in dangerous areas, trying to give you a hint (like the one up on the parapet in PW, above the well leading down to the bonewheel skeletons). They also love to put items in places where they can be viewed from afar, to let you know they are there but make you figure out how to get them. Sen's is a good example of this in general, but my favorite is in the oolacile sanctuary area. In the elevator room where you get the gauntlets, there is a little window in the stairway. If you look out it, it frames an item hidden behind the other elevator room across the pass (the heavily guarded one that is your first route down to Art's door). But the particularly tricky thing is that if you later run over to get it without killing all the mobs, they block your exit and really make life unpleasant.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:46 pm

Bioraptor wrote:On the left side of coming out of the undead Asylem there is a hollow who you can retrive souls from......1000Plus hours in DkS an I never knew this lol.....Its no big deal but I just love how this game throws you a curve ball when you think you have done it all......

I'm still finding stuff like this I didn't know about pretty regularly. I just found another item pickup in New Londo yesterday that I'd never seen before. It's practically right out in the opened too. I've been running right past it for 12 playthroughs
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:30 pm

Wait what is this mysterious hollow you speak of?
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:48 pm

hey its andres wrote:Wait what is this mysterious hollow you speak of?

it's a super hidden are in lower blighttown. there's a tree to the left of the bonfire down there. you can walk up the root and find a body, around the body is a hidden wall with a chest. behind the chest in yet another hidden wall! then just climb down and explore, my favorite ring's there too (the cloranthy ring).
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:01 pm

CappuccinoJak wrote:
    hey its andres wrote:Wait what is this mysterious hollow you speak of?

it's a super hidden are in lower blighttown. there's a tree to the left of the bonfire down there. you can walk up the root and find a body, around the body is a hidden wall with a chest. behind the chest in yet another hidden wall! then just climb down and explore, my favorite ring's there too (the cloranthy ring).

No, no, no, hes not talking about the great hollow, lol. He's talking about the "hollow" (pre-rendered bodies, sitting with there legs out that have souls on them. "Lost soul of the undead" those kind of souls) that you don't see very easily. Its to the left when you leave the Undead Asylum. Once you leave the big double door you start walking up the hill, once you pass the first bit of broken old ruins, you turn left and walk down a little hill,(veering left as you walk) and its around the broken down wall that's part of the first ruins that you first passed to get down there.

Hope this is detailed enough without being confusing.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:06 pm

Does it have anything good on it?
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:17 pm

Its about demon's souls but whatever.

I discovered that an enemy's gaurd breaking skills are ridiculously overpowered. I don't even know why I bother carrying around a shield.

Edit: My shield had a horribly low break rate because I hadn't been upgrading it because I didn't know where Ed was Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 4 2707236321Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 4 2707236321Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 4 2707236321
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:03 am

GenericUsername wrote:Its about demon's souls but whatever.

I discovered that an enemy's gaurd breaking skills are ridiculously overpowered. I don't even know why I bother carrying around a shield.

Edit: My shield had a horribly low break rate because I hadn't been upgrading it because I didn't know where Ed was Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 4 2707236321Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 4 2707236321Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 4 2707236321
    Upgrading at Boldwyn wasn't an option?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:04 am

I just learned that using the Reverse Hollowing option at a bonfire heals you. Why they did this is a mystery to me because simply resting at the bonfire heals you, so this hardly seems like a necessary feature.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:21 am

Reaperfan wrote:I just learned that using the Reverse Hollowing option at a bonfire heals you. Why they did this is a mystery to me because simply resting at the bonfire heals you, so this hardly seems like a necessary feature.

Did you get hit with a wayward arrow or something after resting?
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:30 am

^ resting doesn't cancel power within, so if you rest while it's activated, you can be harmed while sitting at the bonfire.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:37 am

I knew that, but I didn't know that Reaper was Power Withining, which, now that you mention it, makes it a little strange that I didn't know about this reverse hollowing thing until now.

I guess I must just have never reversed while I had PW going.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:23 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I knew that, but I didn't know that Reaper was Power Withining, which, now that you mention it, makes it a little strange that I didn't know about this reverse hollowing thing until now.

I guess I must just have never reversed while I had PW going.

Symbol of Avarice actually.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:30 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:That the Bed of Chaos has an attack where it rains down fireballs on you, I usually just die to it's arms and dodge the fire storm so I never had a chance to see it until the other day.

It seems that many people never actually spend much time in there. Personally I have never seen this attack. Does it do as much damage as the firestorm?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:42 pm

You can see the Duke's Archives from the Sunlight Altar. From standing in front of the sunbro statue, facing it, turn to your left and look up. It's towering up above the big castle wall. I love this game.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:20 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:You can see the Duke's Archives from the Sunlight Altar. From standing in front of the sunbro statue, facing it, turn to your left and look up. It's towering up above the big castle wall. I love this game.

Something I've always wondered, but we all know you can see Lost Izalith from the Tomb of the Giants. Does it work in reverse, I wonder, and can you see the Tomb of the Giants from Lost Izalith?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:28 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:You can see the Duke's Archives from the Sunlight Altar. From standing in front of the sunbro statue, facing it, turn to your left and look up. It's towering up above the big castle wall. I love this game.

Something I've always wondered, but we all know you can see Lost Izalith from the Tomb of the Giants. Does it work in reverse, I wonder, and can you see the Tomb of the Giants from Lost Izalith?

I think it would have to be too dark, and you wouldn't be able to see it silly
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:33 pm

ChizFreak wrote:I think it would have to be too dark, and you wouldn't be able to see it silly

Well I would think a pitch-black hole in the wall would stand out from all the brightly-glowing magma winking
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:41 pm

I've looked for it before from the Demon Ruins, and couldn't find it. I think that big dome thing, which I'm assuming is the roof of Lost Izalith, is in the way.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:18 pm

You can see the Centipede Demon from the Demon ruin's bonfire. This game never ceases to shock me.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:24 am

I made two cool discoveries while getting summoned for jolly coop in Sens Funhouse.

1: If you trow a lloyds amulet to a mimic, its legs and arms dissapear and it gets stunned.

2: An npc can give you more than one humanity at once.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:26 am

Ashran wrote:
    1: If you trow a lloyds amulet to a mimic, its legs and arms dissapear and it gets stunned.

Thats also a good way to get the Mimic Helmet . Everytime you stun them you have a chance it'l drop .
    At least i think so since i got it that way

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:22 am