Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 23 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by psychichobo Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:57 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:I just discovered that when I grab the Asylum West key from the top of the structure in Firelink, that I don't need to jump down and ride the elevator back up to climb to the crows nest.

From the top of the building you can roll back unto an area that is at the base of the stairs to the crows nest.

Literally discovered this about 2 hours ago.

Small thing, but useful nonetheless.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 23 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by GenericUsername Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:28 am

I discovered that the Murakumo is an absolute beast. Seriously why have I not been using this until now? Buffed with crystal magic weapon I can get up to a 988 AR. Not to mention sweet stunlock
    LK-8912
    LK-8912

Post by LK-8912 Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:55 am

In the Painted World, you can jump from small balcony (where dried fingers is) down to the courtyard with Phalanx near shortcut doors...
    P.S. vulture demons kicked me from there....today.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:35 am

That if you stand on the bridge in Izalith by where the titanite Demon is, and shoot the Dragon Legs they will wander to a large archway and vanish. I have yet to see if on resting at a Bonfire if they return.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:01 am

Useless fact :
    If you kill an enemy while seeing the message "Invading an other world as...", there is a possibility you will earn less (maybe more is possible too) souls than you should :
    I was am in NG+ and killed an enemy worth 1200 souls (600 in NG) while getting the message, he sometimes gave me only 600 souls. It happened regularily so I don't think it's a random glitch.
    imo, it may be caused by two things :
    - The world I'm joining is not in NG+, but in NG, the game then think I'm NG too and give me the corresponding amount of souls.
    - The game consider I'm already in an other world, so I only get half the amount of souls, as if I were a white/gold phantom.
    If it's caused by the first case, it could be possible to get more souls than normal when invading a more advanced world than the one you're playing in.

Useless fact, Useless fact indeed.... :!:
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:20 am

GenericUsername wrote:I discovered that the Murakumo is an absolute beast. Seriously why have I not been using this until now? Buffed with crystal magic weapon I can get up to a 988 AR. Not to mention sweet stunlock

Probably one of the Best Stun-lock, Dead Angle, Damage Dealing S.O.B Weapons in Dark Souls.
    SenseOfSecurity
    SenseOfSecurity

Post by SenseOfSecurity Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:24 am

Ring of Sacrafice and Rare Rings save your previous bloodstain if you die before getting back to it. Must have lost millions of souls since this came out without knowing this.
    Mike5005005
    Mike5005005
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Mike5005005 Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:49 pm

Ring of Sacrifice and Rare Rings save your previous bloodstain if you die before getting back to it. Must have lost millions of souls since this came out without knowing this.

I must say, I've known this for years! =D
    ... I could've posted it. =I
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:25 pm

Mike5005005 wrote:
    Ring of Sacrifice and Rare Rings save your previous bloodstain if you die before getting back to it. Must have lost millions of souls since this came out without knowing this.

The dark sign also saves your bloodstain if you use it
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:09 pm

Mike5005005 wrote:

So I get 2 chances to pick up souls? Hmmmm
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Odinbear wrote:
    Mike5005005 wrote:

So I get 2 chances to pick up souls? Hmmmm

You get as many chances as you have rings. I do this all the time as I routinely run around with millions of souls, to prevent ranking up.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:47 am

The Straight Sword Hilt is only available once per playthrough, and once lost it can never be found. I've been dumping that thing like crazy thinking it's junk. It may still be, but now it's RARE JUNK! Praise the Sun
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gambs_the_Grey Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:43 am

The dark sign does not remove your dragon torso. You would think it should. But it don't.
    dsg78gaming
    dsg78gaming
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dsg78gaming Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:55 am

Seen my first Vagrant after only 200 hours of play at the Kiln, very strange little dude shooting arrows at me. Still something new that I have never seen before even after many playthroughs. Also used a Demon Great Axe for the first time and even though it is slow it does massive damage buffed.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:23 am

That Solaire doesn't acquire the Orange Charred Ring before Centipede Demon, it's just part of his getup. Watch at 1:44 in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM1O6LTtFl8
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:40 am

hey its andres wrote:The Straight Sword Hilt is only available once per playthrough, and once lost it can never be found. I've been dumping that thing like crazy thinking it's junk. It may still be, but now it's RARE JUNK! Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 23 639795459

Like what the Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 23 3915592713used to be.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:38 pm

The sleeping Serpentman in Sen's Fortress with the breakable wall behind him, behind which is locked up Logan, can be used to break the wall. Just wake him up and push his back to the wall, then either block him with a large enough shield to make him rebound, or parry him and he will break the wall for you, saving you some time.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:40 pm

About a month ago I said that if you equip the fog ring for the Nito fight, the skeletons won't argo. Then for every NG after that post, they did argo on me.

ng(13) they didn't argo for me and I think it may be for one or two reasons: I didn't kill every small Pinwheel guy before Nito's boss gate. Maybe the skeletons didn't argo because I didn't kill every one, or I didn't go to every part of the cave. I was wearing the fog ring this time, too.

So maybe it could be a combination of wearing the fog ring and not killing every small pinwheel guy (or going to every area of the cave) that causes the skeletons be passive.

Anybody else willing to experiment a little bit? I'm ng(14) fresh now and getting a little burned out on this game.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:51 pm

I learned that you can flip the clams onto their back with weapons that sends foes skyward, although they will recover back to their feet fast.

I also said in another post that siegmeyer soloed lost izalith after I used the trident on him. Well, I tried it on another character and he failed miserably.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:49 am

Green__Eagle wrote:About a month ago I said that if you equip the fog ring for the Nito fight, the skeletons won't argo. Then for every NG after that post, they did argo on me.

ng(13) they didn't argo for me and I think it may be for one or two reasons: I didn't kill every small Pinwheel guy before Nito's boss gate. Maybe the skeletons didn't argo because I didn't kill every one, or I didn't go to every part of the cave. I was wearing the fog ring this time, too.

So maybe it could be a combination of wearing the fog ring and not killing every small pinwheel guy (or going to every area of the cave) that causes the skeletons be passive.

Anybody else willing to experiment a little bit? I'm ng(14) fresh now and getting a little burned out on this game.

May be a dumb question, but were you wearing the same armor?
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:01 am

I only recently discovered this. The little jump you have to make to get to the Ring of Sacrifice or to talk to Domhall, you actually don't need to do that jump.

Instead, if you walk up the stairs where the hollow with the battle axe is, at the back of the bridge there's a little path where you can drop off that lands under the bridge. No more missing jumps. Mind = Blown.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:16 am

densetsushun wrote:I just experienced why no one wants to fight Super Ornz. That man is a wizard!

This happened to me too. I was on my ninja build when i summoned 2 phantoms for O&S. After Pikachu went all rage mode on us, his movements became really glitchy. He'd do his little charge up to dash across the room. Instead, he dashed himself into the wall and was stuck floating there in mid animation for like a minute or so. All 3 of us just stopped attacking and walked up to him and stood there. Watching. Waiting. Funniest **** i've ever seen for a boss. cheers

We even had time to message each other. "You seeing what i'm seeing?!"
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:31 am

Sentiel wrote:The sleeping Serpentman in Sen's Fortress with the breakable wall behind him, behind which is locked up Logan, can be used to break the wall. Just wake him up and push his back to the wall, then either block him with a large enough shield to make him rebound, or parry him and he will break the wall for you, saving you some time.

Let me get this straight. I post that twice and I don't get upvoted. Then you post it once and get an upvote? Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 23 3596227959
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:54 am

WandererReece wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:The sleeping Serpentman in Sen's Fortress with the breakable wall behind him, behind which is locked up Logan, can be used to break the wall. Just wake him up and push his back to the wall, then either block him with a large enough shield to make him rebound, or parry him and he will break the wall for you, saving you some time.

Let me get this straight. I post that twice and I don't get upvoted. Then you post it once and get an upvote? Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 23 3596227959
    I guess it's because I have more sexy avatar. silly

I'm not sure, who, it was either reim, or ublug, but one of them wrote about the creepy statues in the Asylum Demon arena. So I went to take a look at them and yeah, they are pretty creepy. I also noticed two small platfomrs, each on one side of the ledge, from where you're to plunge attack Asylum Demon. I thought that I could jump on those and spam Asylum Demon with spells, or something. I jumped there alright, but I didn't expect devs to take this possiblity into acount and Asylum Demon promptly smashed my head and destroyed the small platform.
    :shock:
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:57 am

Automancer wrote:I only recently discovered this. The little jump you have to make to get to the Ring of Sacrifice or to talk to Domhall, you actually don't need to do that jump.

Instead, if you walk up the stairs where the hollow with the battle axe is, at the back of the bridge there's a little path where you can drop off that lands under the bridge. No more missing jumps. Mind = Blown.

i tought this was the only way to get there until i saw you can jump xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:03 pm