Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 31 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:46 pm

morte wrote:
    Rynn wrote:Plunging attacks can receive bonus's from the Hornet Ring and from the Leo Ring if you have appropriate weapons equipped. When combined with the bonus from being a plunging attack, you wind up with 30% X (40% of 30% boost) X 50%.

A *** of damage.

Claws are not capable of getting leo buffs, but I thought that was interesting.

I SHALL EXPLOIT THIS!

What kind of weapon would get the bonus from the leo and hornet ring? I'm not very clear on the leo ring's capabilities, even though I did watch ENB's video on it.

For the living plunge thing, you do a plunge attack, and switch weapons the second you hit the person? Is that it?
    Yup. The second your -body- physically touches them you can weapon cancel. Only done it twice so far.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 31 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:46 pm

like this odin? (at around 3:45)
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Can any weapon outdamage bare dragon fists for a plunging attack?
    Hm... combined with a little prior damage from arrows or such, I wonder if this can actually kill the Primordial Serpent Kingseeker Frampt.
    Kyuseishu
    Kyuseishu
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kyuseishu Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:19 pm

Been playing forever, and was unaware that the statue Demons can grab and stomp you into the ground with their pole.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Kyuseishu wrote:Been playing forever, and was unaware that the statue Demons can grab and stomp you into the ground with their pole.
    Yeah... I always wondered what that attack was until I didn't get away from it... I died so fast..

Luckily, they're really slow to execute that attack, so it gives enough time to back the heck up.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:56 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Kyuseishu wrote:Been playing forever, and was unaware that the statue Demons can grab and stomp you into the ground with their pole.
    Yeah... I always wondered what that attack was until I didn't get away from it... I died so fast..

Luckily, they're really slow to execute that attack, so it gives enough time to back the heck up.

Not only back up, if you want, you can slip into the demon's blind spot and start dishing out the pain, just by the broken leg, between that and the tail. You don't get hit by almost anything.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:57 pm

morte wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:

Not only back up, if you want, you can slip into the demon's blind spot and start dishing out the pain, just by the broken leg, between that and the tail. You don't get hit by almost anything.
    Yeah, well, the only time he really kills me now is when he freaking jumps. I swear, that messes up my camera so bad, I tell my character to dodge back, and she goes forwards.. Look Skyward
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:07 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    morte wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:

Yeah, well, the only time he really kills me now is when he freaking jumps. I swear, that messes up my camera so bad, I tell my character to dodge back, and she goes forwards.. Look Skyward
    I know! I used to hate the jump until I figured out how to handle it. Don't lock on to the demon, that makes it harder. You are right next to a giant walking rock, it's hard to miss, so you get close, and when he jumps, he usually tenses first. You use that moment to jump back a few rolls. Then, you move back in and you're good.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:10 pm

Rynn wrote:
    morte wrote:For the living plunge thing, you do a plunge attack, and switch weapons the second you hit the person? Is that it?
    Yup. The second your -body- physically touches them you can weapon cancel. Only done it twice so far.
    Hmm... I'd have to look in-game, but what about that cragspider (linked just so we're on the same page--not always obvious what the names of mobs are) that's at the bottom of the Blighttown lift? If you could fall all the way down from the top where the infested barbarians are and land on top of the cragspider, cancel the fall damage, that'd be an epic way of doing the shortcut!
    Kyuseishu
    Kyuseishu
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kyuseishu Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:14 pm

BLA1NE wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    morte wrote:For the living plunge thing, you do a plunge attack, and switch weapons the second you hit the person? Is that it?
    Hmm... I'd have to look in-game, but what about that cragspider (linked just so we're on the same page--not always obvious what the names of mobs are) that's at the bottom of the Blighttown lift? If you could fall all the way down from the top where the infested barbarians are and land on top of the cragspider, cancel the fall damage, that'd be an epic way of doing the shortcut!
    Wouldn't the game auto kill you? After a certain point don't you hit an invisible line that kills you form a certain height?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:15 pm

Blaine, always looking for ways to speed run.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:20 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:Blaine, always looking for ways to speed run.
    Makes sense. I got to look up the fastest souls player tomorrow. Also is it possible to play hop-scotch in the catacombs without having to run through everything? Cause I think at some point there is a bridge that can do that down the cavern.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:21 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    Makes sense. I got to look up the fastest souls player tomorrow. Also is it possible to play hop-scotch in the catacombs without having to run through everything? Cause I think at some point there is a bridge that can do that down the cavern.
    You have to get to the 3rd bridge, then you can drop like a pro twice, summon the paladin, and run over to the boss.

If you can get by the wheel skeletons. *shiver*
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:23 pm

Yeah, just throwing ideas out there though, I doubt I'll do another run. There's a lot of room for improvement! But without recording hardware I can't find the motivation to do a run that no one'll ever be able to see.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:27 pm

Falling at great heights must be something that can be done. How far can you go before auto death triggers?...I think I found a use for fall control. Test 1 fall from that spinning wheel in Blighttown!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:29 pm

It's not about how far you fall until it says you're dead, but these invisible walls that auto-kill you when you pass through them while falling. I'm sure the program is like

IF player is falling and IF player is in this zone:
    Kill him.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:31 pm

I was just about to write down one of the recent descoveries i made when suddenly i forgot... Look Skyward
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:34 pm

Still want to know. You know I wonder? The abyss greatsword may be the only sword that has an attack meant to jump as part of it. Do you think that at great heights doing the two-hand r2 beneath an enemy like the asylum demon trigger the falling sword attack animation once the blade make contact?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:34 pm

Only one way to find out.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:35 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:I was just about to write down one of the recent descoveries i made when suddenly i forgot... Look Skyward

That has happened to me twice this week. I feel like less of a person now.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:36 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Still want to know. You know I wonder? The abyss greatsword may be the only sword that has an attack meant to jump as part of it. Do you think that at great heights doing the two-hand r2 beneath an enemy like the asylum demon trigger the falling sword attack animation once the blade make contact?

The titanite Catch Pole's R2 works as a plunging attack at the right height.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:36 am

While using Binoculars, hitting "b" does not take you out of Binocular mode like one might assume, it instead does a backstep off the invisible walkways of the Crystal Cave and kills you.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:18 am

Rynn wrote:Plunging attacks can receive bonus's from the Hornet Ring and from the Leo Ring if you have appropriate weapons equipped. When combined with the bonus from being a plunging attack, you wind up with 30% X (40% of 30% boost) X 50%.
    Does this work only in PvP?
    I'm asking because...

Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:24 am

That the clubs have, like the TCP, a forced jumping R2
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:32 am

Sentiel wrote:
    Does this work only in PvP?
    I'm asking because...

Can: Not will. I notice you get a Crit bonus on the Asylum Demon.
    You also get it on the Giant Rat.
    Other mobs don't give it.
    Players give it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:58 pm