Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 32 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:40 am

Wearing the fog ring it is possible to enter the Kalameet area and stay to the left and walk around to the chest with the slab. Kalameet attacked and did minimal damage to me and flew away.

Instead of retreating the way I came, I ventured out thinking I could run and pick up the three shiney's and get to the ladder before he attacked again. Well... I got two of them.
    befowler
    befowler

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 32 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by befowler Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:35 pm

Re fall testing, Sen's is a great spot for hurtling to your death. I actually managed to survive a fall all the way from the top crosswalk area into the tar pit by accidentally bouncing off various platforms along the way. But I think you can test drop attacks on a number of mobs there, let alone other players.

The lift shafts in the DLC areas are also good, although they seem to play by their own rules and can be buggy. The longest drops seem to be the lift near the Artorias fight that goes all the way down to near sif's hiding spot in the Chasm, followed by the lift near the township bonfire. As many have discovered, the lift seems to drop at the same speed as a falling player, so if you are even a moment late after it starts you never catch up. You can either fall or do a drop attack the entire way down and not die until you impact the stopped platform at the bottom.

And re dragonoids, my favorite unarmed attack after the drop attack is the roll R1, which is an extremely fast and hilarious headbutt. Does anyone know if this is parryable? 'cause it hasn't been so far.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:52 pm

As for built-in jumping attacks, Smough's Hammer's 2-handed R2 does a rather large built-up jump. Wouldn't mind testing that out...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:53 am

I normally do not try to block the fire spitting hollows in the Painted World, so I only just discovered their fireballs deal magic damage.

Though the torch versions of them do still deal fire damage with their torches.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:11 pm

I just found a Vagrant directly at Sunlight Altar (I wonder if it would attack Solaire, but I didn't have him there). I can provide some hazy and blurry screenshots if you want it for wiki.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:26 am

Tonight on my stream, we just learned something about our friendly pyromancer.
    He can't be killed nor aggro'd while he is in that barrel. I did 1,390 damage to him trying to one-shot him. He screamed in pain, then just stood there not giving a single **** with 1 HP remaining.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:27 am

^Yeah, wonderful!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:31 am

First, lemme give you your own pyromancy hand!
    It's perfect for spicing a forum up.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:52 am

I realized the enemy npcs can't aggro any of the npcs in Firelink Shrine. They all just act like nothing is happening even if they get hit by an enemy.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:59 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I realized the enemy npcs can't aggro any of the npcs in Firelink Shrine. They all just act like nothing is happening even if they get hit by an enemy.

If they do enough Damage you just have to punch them one time and they go all Banana over you .
    And i think Reah and her Crew assault you if you let one of them get killed by an Enemy .
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:59 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I realized the enemy npcs can't aggro any of the npcs in Firelink Shrine. They all just act like nothing is happening even if they get hit by an enemy.

It's kind of silly, TBH.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:02 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:

It's kind of silly, TBH.
    It's not funny when you nearly lose the pyromancer to a skeleton! Then again the skeleton was only after ME! How does that make sense?

Then again it is Lordran...
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:05 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:

It's kind of silly, TBH.
    It's not funny when you nearly lose the pyromancer to a skeleton! Then again the skeleton was only after ME! How does that make sense?

Then again it is Lordran...

Only in the ancient legends it is stated that one day an undead shall be chosen to go the the land of the ancient lords and brain-dead NPCs. Lordran!
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:50 am

i found that cystal lizards can drop slabs! i just a slab from one a few minutes ago, never seen it before. i thought the highest quality titanite they dropped were chunks :shock:
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:35 am

This was a few days ago, but I discovered that if you murder Quelaag's sister, the music stops playing. Eerie, From.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:58 am

densetsushun wrote:This was a few days ago, but I discovered that if you murder Quelaag's sister, the music stops playing. Eerie, From.

Why, youuuuu monster…!
    The Fair lady! What have you done, what have you done!
    Hrggreeeeeeeeeeh!

I found out how hard Kalameet is in NG+
    His *** 360° headbutts
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:03 am

If you parry the two-handed R2"of the Balder Side Sword or dagger, it will "pull" your opponent towards you on the riposte. It seems like unlike spears, you can parry near the tip of these weapons. (Though the dagger may not matter)
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:30 pm

CappuccinoJak wrote:i found that cystal lizards can drop slabs! i just a slab from one a few minutes ago, never seen it before. i thought the highest quality titanite they dropped were chunks :shock:

My very first playthrough I had a slab drop off the crystal lizard in the burg outside the Taurus fog gate. I didn't even know what it was or how rare it was, and ended up wasting it on some random piece of armor. I've never had a slab drop since from any lizard.

Couple other discoveries:

-- dragon roar can bs cancel even though it does no damage

-- Some str weapons swing fast enough when 2-handed that you can stagger someone with a dragon roar and then free hit them nearly 100% of the time

-- If you kill smough or ornstein at just the right moment as one of the pillars is shattering, during the cutscene all the rubble will be suspended in mid air like some sort of Matrix bullet effect
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:55 pm

I just learned that Dark Fog is the only "mist casting" affected by dexterity.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:53 pm

Quelaag's Furysword is AMAZING. I've always tought it was a ''Noob'' weapon but i got 99 Humanity and Fully upgraded and i'm cutting Invaders down without much Trouble!

(Curved swords used to be my Main, so some of that ''Skill'' is probably from there.)

EDIT: It also looks Badass with my Nightmare Build.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Jester's Tears wrote:Quelaag's Furysword is AMAZING. I've always tought it was a ''Noob'' weapon but i got 99 Humanity and Fully upgraded and i'm cutting Invaders down without much Trouble!

(Curved swords used to be my Main, so some of that ''Skill'' is probably from there.)

Is it better than the chaos blade? I thought it didn't inflict bleed, and bleed is something that I use quite a lot with my +15 uchigatana.

What is this nightmare build you speak of?
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:05 pm

That the weapon buffs that only cover the blade(resin, miracles) don't follow the gargoyle tail axe when it bends, so you end up with square shaped buff floating in the air when you R2

Also, morte, the furysword doesn't inflict bleed
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:15 pm

morte wrote:
    Jester's Tears wrote:Quelaag's Furysword is AMAZING. I've always tought it was a ''Noob'' weapon but i got 99 Humanity and Fully upgraded and i'm cutting Invaders down without much Trouble!

Is it better than the chaos blade? I thought it didn't inflict bleed, and bleed is something that I use quite a lot with my +15 uchigatana.

What is this nightmare build you speak of?

Furysword works so well for ME, since i'm generaly Good with Curved Swords, it dosen't inflict bleed, Fire Damage.

My Nightmare Build? It's my Anti-Ganker build
    (https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=263030773878988751)
    I'm taking it to at least 400. Meaning it's only good for Forest Invasions.
    It's been my Main, ever since i got the Game.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Today I learned that the claws do a second roll as part of their rolling attack...
    That roll has invincibility frames.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:22 pm

^^ combine it with thorn gauntlets (which also boost claw damage) and you can do chip damage through both rolls. It's great against 0 poise people, you can stunlock them as long as you want.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:05 pm