Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 13 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Hue Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:58 am

You can see rats breathe, and the giant rat breathes at the same speed as the other ones. (i find that very creepy for some reason)
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 13 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by WandererReece Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:26 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Never mind, SERIOUS IS HERE!!!

...and if anyone rips off my avatar they get my metaphorical foot up their ***.

Challenge accepted. lol!

Zephryl wrote:Falling onto enemies without using a Plunging Attack still does damage. A tiny, tiny, tiiiiiny amount of Damage. But still damage~

Think it's affected by the armor you're wearing? Or just a static effect from landing on them?

Wearing Kirk's armor or Orange Chared Ring will increase the damage a little.

Also, GMB is awsome against 4 kings. I took almost no damage from the grab attack.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:58 pm

A few days ago I had the last of the 4 Kings kill himself by grabbing me while I was wearing thorn armor. It was hilarious, the immediate cutscene made it look like he'd stuck his finger in a socket and electrocuted himself.

Also, the worms that pop out of those egg carriers in the Demon Ruins have a rare spam jump attack where they flip out and leap at you 6-7 times in a row. It reminds me of the torchbearer hollow spaz attack, and is actually kinda dangerous.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:25 pm

befowler wrote:Also, the worms that pop out of those egg carriers in the Demon Ruins have a rare spam jump attack where they flip out and leap at you 6-7 times in a row. It reminds me of the torchbearer hollow spaz attack, and is actually kinda dangerous.

Once I got killed by a group of them. lol!
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Sentiel wrote:One of the hollow clerics in TotG uses Replenishment on him when he has low HP.
    So one of them (I guess nico) always use it? I don't think I ever noticed that.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:50 pm

befowler wrote:Also, the worms that pop out of those egg carriers in the Demon Ruins have a rare spam jump attack where they flip out and leap at you 6-7 times in a row. It reminds me of the torchbearer hollow spaz attack, and is actually kinda dangerous.
    It's all i've ever seen them do. It's the reason i'm fricking terrified of them, like 5 of them can stunlock you, even when wearing heavy armor D:
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:03 pm

befowler wrote:a rare spam
    befowler wrote:rare

You're kidding me, right?
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:02 pm

When I deal with them they usually spit, or do single attacks and rebound off your shield. But I recently had one chase me nearly the length of the bridge leading to ceaseless with nothing but consecutive leap attacks. Maybe I've just been lucky?
    FlorisFreakshow
    FlorisFreakshow
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FlorisFreakshow Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 pm

2 ps3s, 1 psplus acc. 2 difrent regeon discs, 2 xtra acc.
    And unlimited items!
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Undead Rapport is the tits!
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:02 pm

FlorisFreakshow wrote:2 ps3s, 1 psplus acc. 2 difrent regeon discs, 2 xtra acc.
    And unlimited items!

I dont quite understand .
    Do explain Coffee!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:03 pm

I think he means that he can mule stuff for himself. Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 13 3358384175
    Relbaic
    Relbaic

Post by Relbaic Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:17 pm

The New Londo Ruins key at the start of the back entrance to Blighttown. I generally always start off with the Master Key so never thought twice about it and just noticed the chest today after about 300 hours of playtime ;/.
    Also after rescuing Reah in ToTG and coming out of the hidden wall you can go to the left and up a ramp to reach the Giant Skeleton Archers. Nothing really groundbreaking, but definitely new for me!
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:19 pm

I just noticed that Quelana is extremely resistant to fire. Punching her with a +11 pyro glove didn't hurt her at all, and a chaos fireball did 12 dmg.

Relbaic wrote:Also after rescuing Reah in ToTG and coming out of the hidden wall you can go to the left and up a ramp to reach the Giant Skeleton Archers. Nothing really groundbreaking, but definitely new for me!
    That's the path you use to leave the ToTG if you go down there before you get the lordvessel.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:23 pm

ublug wrote:I just noticed that Quelana is extremely resistant to fire. Punching her with a +11 pyro glove didn't hurt her at all, and a chaos fireball did 12 dmg.

She probably has permanent Iron flesh like Mildred .

Sound like a job for Rynn lol!
    Relbaic
    Relbaic

Post by Relbaic Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:23 pm

ublug wrote:That's the path you use to leave the ToTG if you go down there before you get the lordvessel.
    I've always had the Lordvessel before going down so I always just warped out. Good to know for future adventures though!
    argetlam213
    argetlam213
    Regular
    Regular

Post by argetlam213 Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:16 pm

Was messing around Firelink Shrine when I noticed a huge tree off in the distance. Stared at it for awhile before I realized that it was the Great Hollow. :shock:

Not to mention seeing the Centipede Demon on the wall on my way down to the Demon Ruins bonfire. Can't believe I never noticed the damn thing.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 pm

argetlam213 wrote:Was messing around Firelink Shrine when I noticed a huge tree off in the distance. Stared at it for awhile before I realized that it was the Great Hollow. :shock:

Not to mention seeing the Centipede Demon on the wall on my way down to the Demon Ruins bonfire. Can't believe I never noticed the damn thing.

I just noticed the other day that you can see that view in the reverse direction too. If you're coming down the shortcut into the Blight Swamp, and you cross the tree to the area where you find the Sealer set, and go up the ladder to the small area with nothing except one of those weird flame breathing enemies, you can look up and to the right and see the edge of the Firelink Shrine. You can see a grassy cliff way high up, and the branches of the large tree near the giant crow reaching off the cliff.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:34 pm

Toggle escaping works for NPC's as well. When I happen to hit the Forest NPC's, who have 0 poise, as they're switching weapons they do not go through the stun animation.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:08 am

The Letter X wrote:Toggle escaping works for NPC's as well. When I happen to hit the Forest NPC's, who have 0 poise, as they're switching weapons they do not go through the stun animation.

That forest wizard keeps doing that. It's kinda irritating. And they've just now started doing that. They never did that on my Str build back in March.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:56 am

What's toggle escaping? I don't think I've ever heard that term before
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:01 am

PlasticandRage wrote:What's toggle escaping? I don't think I've ever heard that term before

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t15791-toggle-escapes-and-dead-angles?highlight=toggle
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:09 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:What's toggle escaping? I don't think I've ever heard that term before

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t15791-toggle-escapes-and-dead-angles?highlight=toggle

So toggle meaning switching an equipped item that has an animation? Like swapping out something that's in one of your hands as you get hit? Believe it or not, I don't think I've ever seen that done before. Have to give that a shot. I use high poise tanks more often than not anyway, but I do have a couple of light toons where it could be helpful
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:11 am

I just found out the other day that pinwheel doesn't always drop family mask. Few days back I killed him and got the rite and homeward bone. But when I searched the item drop, it was nowhere to be found. I even revisited the area again yesterday just to make sure but with no luck.

Not that I needed it but I had to double check it because it is said to be 100% drop.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:07 am

That these actually exist
    Spoiler:

Yeah, i know, shame on me for not knowing them, but i would never have thought that a hammer-spear could exist in real life

Last edited by Hachouma on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:56 am