Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 14 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by densetsushun Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:17 am

argetlam213 wrote:Was messing around Firelink Shrine when I noticed a huge tree off in the distance. Stared at it for awhile before I realized that it was the Great Hollow. :shock:

Not to mention seeing the Centipede Demon on the wall on my way down to the Demon Ruins bonfire. Can't believe I never noticed the damn thing.
    Stuff like that is pretty amazing. You can see quite far into the forest if you snipe or use binoculars on the tower with the crossbow hollow at the burg.

Hachouma wrote:That these actually exist
    Spoiler:

Yeah, i know, shame on me for not knowing them, but i would never have thought that a hammer-spear could exist in real life

Anything but the unique and boss weapons are real life weapons I think. I love how From paid so much attention to basing these weapons off real life weapons and made sure to make them perform similarly as well.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 14 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:47 pm

thing is the uchi is supposed to be a twohanded heavy sword not another light spammy katana according to everything i've read, as for the lucerne, i've researched pole arms a fair amount and its design is actually common throughout a number of countries witrh minor variations and different names.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:27 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:thing is the uchi is supposed to be a twohanded heavy sword not another light spammy katana according to everything i've read.

It's a little heavy, but not really heavy. Also, look how it is in the game. No starting class can use it one handed except bandit, and the hilt has room for two hands. It's not too inacurate.

Also, its strength comes from its curved blade and how it's used, not how hard it's swung. There are some sources that claim it was used one handed by some people.
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Locked away in the Undead Asylum or wandering Lordran.

Post by Marionx Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:17 pm

If you die on the large rotating elevator in Anor Londo, your bloodstain won't be there. Depending on where you came from (ex.: the painting guardian room), your bloodstain will be there on solid unmoving ground.

I had the pleasure of finding this out on my own, last night, after dying to the second gargoyle. After killing the gargoyle, I went to look for my bloodstain, only to find out that it wasn't on the elevator at all. Had to retrace my steps, but found it.
    argetlam213
    argetlam213
    Regular
    Regular

Post by argetlam213 Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:36 pm

I was in Lost Izalith last night and when I looked up, I saw a huge tree trunk. I began to wonder if that belongs to the Great Hollow. Does anyone know for sure?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:26 pm

I'd think the arch tree housing the Great Hollow would be in the opposite direction. Consider the direction you go when you're heading out of the blight swamp towards Quelaag's arena. You head away from the arch tree, into the spider tunnel, through the arena, and down the spiral staircase to the area that leads to either Quelaan or the Demon Ruins. From that area of the Demon Ruins, with the lava and the Taurus Demons, you can see the top of a large dome off the cliff to the left. I think that dome is the roof of Lost Izalith. If that's the case then the arch tree would be in the other direction.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:53 pm

The tower knight in the Parish will follow you down to the bonfire near Andre. Nowhere is safe -_-
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:57 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:The tower knight in the Parish will follow you down to the bonfire near Andre. Nowhere is safe -_-

i just found out that he's parry-able. i have yet to land a riposte, so i assume that's not possible.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:10 pm

CappuccinoJak wrote:i just found out that he's parry-able. i have yet to land a riposte, so i assume that's not possible.
    Nope, you can parry him but not riposte or backstab. Esp weird since they seem to be the only enemies that work that way.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:21 pm

lalliman wrote:
    CappuccinoJak wrote:i just found out that he's parry-able. i have yet to land a riposte, so i assume that's not possible.
    Nope, you can parry him but not riposte or backstab. Esp weird since they seem to be the only enemies that work that way.
    If I'm not mistaken you can't land a crit on the giant skeles either, though I don't know if they're parryable.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Can you parry minor capras?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:25 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:Can you parry minor capras?

I think you can. I know you can't with Taurus' though. I've tried. The most you can get is the partial damage block. At least that's the most I've been able to get.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:26 pm

You can partial parry ANY physical attack in the game. Even the biggest bosses.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:29 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:You can partial parry ANY physical attack in the game. Even the biggest bosses.

That's kinda neat. I wasn't aware of that.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:39 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    fujiphoenix wrote:You can partial parry ANY physical attack in the game. Even the biggest bosses.

That's kinda neat. I wasn't aware of that.

Ya it is pretty cool, but kind of useless. If you have time to partial parry, then you should be dodging the attack anyway.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:51 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking too. I can't really think of a time that it would be more beneficial than either blocking full on or just getting out of the way.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:06 pm

You can also partial parry spells. It's useful if you're too close to a cliff.
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:17 pm

i just found out that O&S's chamber has two different sized elevators. i've always gone to the smaller one, but i just noticed the other one's HUGE!
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:24 pm

CappuccinoJak wrote:i just found out that O&S's chamber has two different sized elevators. i've always gone to the smaller one, but i just noticed the other one's HUGE!
    That's the point, one's for Ornstein and one's for Smough :D
    I always loved that little detail.
    RePaused
    RePaused
    Casual
    Casual

Post by RePaused Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:34 pm

You can't parry a Vagrant.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:53 pm

CappuccinoJak wrote:i just found out that O&S's chamber has two different sized elevators. i've always gone to the smaller one, but i just noticed the other one's HUGE!

Wow. I've never noticed that either. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I always have taken the one on the left. Not entirely sure why. I just assumed they were both the same.
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:01 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Wow. I've never noticed that either. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I always have taken the one on the left. Not entirely sure why. I just assumed they were both the same.

same here, kinda blew my mind how obvious it is now lol.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:23 pm

you can fight on said elevator in dark anor londo, and its critical attack proof, you can't backstab or be backstabbed while on it, ripostes don't work either.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:26 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:you can fight on said elevator in dark anor londo, and its critical attack proof, you can't backstab or be backstabbed while on it, ripostes don't work either.

This only works in dark AL?
    Hmm, interesting.
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:30 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:you can fight on said elevator in dark anor londo, and its critical attack proof, you can't backstab or be backstabbed while on it, ripostes don't work either.

any reason why you can't do that? i assume it's because you can't critical someone unless you're on the same level ground-wise. would it apply here somehow?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:20 pm