Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 26 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Automancer Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:42 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Automancer wrote:Sentiel! You watch Nichijou?! :shock:

NANO!!!
    No, but I was wondering where the gif is from, so I figured it will be faster to put it as my sig and wait for someone to notice it, rather than going and googling it. Now that I know the name and have read it's synopsis it looks like a great anime and I'm going to watch it as soon as I finish Sword Art Online.

Thank you.

PS:
    Sorry for the OT. :oops:

You clever deceitful troll... :evil:
    But yeah, it's a whacky show filled with weird nonsense. Guaranteed to make anyone laugh!
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 26 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by ublug Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:01 pm

befowler wrote:
    LK-8912 wrote:Phalanx can falldown through the ground into dungeon....

Actually I think they can follow you all the way over to the ladder and then drop down, if you ran past them to get to that spot. They're slow but tenacious.

I've also seen them follow you down the well, but they are too big to fit and will instead be floating on top of it in an endless falling animation.
    LK-8912
    LK-8912

Post by LK-8912 Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:05 pm

befowler wrote:

Actually I think they can follow you all the way over to the ladder and then drop down, if you ran past them to get to that spot. They're slow but tenacious.
    Nope, I was invading and wake whole bunch of em by running nearby. Then I fast got into dungeon and this thing fall through textures. I got this picture a min later, that is why its looks like it following me from ladder. :bas:
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:27 pm

LK-8912 wrote:
    befowler wrote:

Nope, I was invading and wake whole bunch of em by running nearby. Then I fast got into dungeon and this thing fall through textures. I got this picture a min later, that is why its looks like it following me from ladder. :bas:

I thought mobs don't react to invaders
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:41 pm

^Yes they do. Like how the Stone Giants react to an invader running through the Moonlight pit.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:43 pm

The mobs don't aggro an invader but with some mobs that respond to the presence of a player will appear if an invader go nears them. Though I never heard of them following an invader. Also I did not know that the mutated spear thing in the lower levels of the township could chase you to that elevator or fit through it.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Automancer wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    Automancer wrote:Sentiel! You watch Nichijou?! :shock:

NANO!!!
    No, but I was wondering where the gif is from, so I figured it will be faster to put it as my sig and wait for someone to notice it, rather than going and googling it. Now that I know the name and have read it's synopsis it looks like a great anime and I'm going to watch it as soon as I finish Sword Art Online.

Thank you.

PS:
    Sorry for the OT. :oops:

You clever deceitful troll... :evil:
    But yeah, it's a whacky show filled with weird nonsense. Guaranteed to make anyone laugh!

As a guy who typically cant stand Anime i second that .
    Its the only Anime that made me legitimately laugh my butt off happy

Everyone should check it out .
    Is there a second season coming out ?
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:24 pm

^At the moment, no. There hasn't been any really interesting ones to watch other then Maou Yuusha. Don't be fooled by Lady McBoobies. She's extremely smart. In fact the show is smarter than all the rest the past couple of years.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:25 am

I found another way to cheat the second boulder trap in sens fortress without taking damage or going past the mimic.
    Right inside the first fog is the trigger to switch one direction, and the staircase exit in the next room triggers the switch to the other direction. Stand by the exit to the inside staircase (where the lizardman was) until a boulder slams into the wall, then sprint back to the first trigger and quickly turn around to sprint back and into the staircase. The boulders should now be directed outside while you are safe inside the staircase.
    I guess you trigger the second switch while it's still rotating the boulder mechanism back to the outside, so the last trigger is ignored as long as you have passed it before it's ready to be switched again.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:27 am

@Automancer & Marino
    I finished SAO and watched three episodes of this and it is AWESOME!
    Totally love Nano. cheers
    Best robot/android ever. lol!

@ublug
    Ever since I found out that backstep has hyper armor, I just wait for the boulder and backstep through it. I do take damage, but it's fast and safe.
    jankenneth_10
    jankenneth_10
    Casual
    Casual

Post by jankenneth_10 Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:32 am

You can tank the Sanctuary Guardian (the 1st one, the boss), if its hasnt been tried yet.

Though the wiki says fast reaction and speed is key, I say otherwise. Wore Havel's, Slvr Knt Shld+1 and Claymore+10. Waited in front of the fog gate I came from, and wailed on it after its combo. It took me only 1 of 5 Estus flask.

I find this strategy good for players who are slow and/or have access to equipment with high def and poise.

Getting cornered is not a problem since the Guardian almost always backs off, the problem would be if you get harassed by his lightning.

kaa0skrisse
    kaa0skrisse

Post by kaa0skrisse Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:37 am

That you can get invasion working much better in township doing this:

- Rest at the bonfire
    - use the red-eye near the stairs
    - run to the corner where you can see the first enemy and it aggros
    - walk back to where you used the red-eye or alternative walk slowly towards the oncoming enemy.

Using this method it gives me a lot more invasions working in a time period versus if I just use the red and wait around or run around near the bonfire area.

I guess it has something to do with the enemy coming close to the bonfire and shutting it down, don't really know but for me it works magic.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:04 am

DMC wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:I've been doing Souls PvP for like 3 years. We've known about weapon swap escape for over two-and-a-half of those years. I didn't know about swap buffering until like a month or two ago.
    Never heard of it. How does it work?

I believe by "buffering" he means queuing up the toggle when in an animation so the next time you get hit you automatically toggle escape. i.e. You are attacking with an Ultragreatsword, but decide to toggle during that animation. Your opponent hits you with an attack that would normally stun you, but you break out of it like a normal toggle escape since the toggle was queued up.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:26 am

I just found a safe sniper spot in Lost Izalith. After resting at the bonfire, climb the root that you take on the way to the boss. At the top of the root, look down to your left. You can jump down there, but there is no where to go except down into the Lava. But, while you are there, you are completely safe and you can snipe/argo the leggy things.

Your arrows may hit an invisible wall or two, but by moving slightly and altering your aim you can kill most everything in range. There were two that I was able to hit, but I was too far away to argo them closer. I was using a base Long Bow and Hawk Ring.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:49 pm

ublug wrote:I found another way to cheat the second boulder trap in sens fortress without taking damage or going past the mimic.
    Right inside the first fog is the trigger to switch one direction, and the staircase exit in the next room triggers the switch to the other direction. Stand by the exit to the inside staircase (where the lizardman was) until a boulder slams into the wall, then sprint back to the first trigger and quickly turn around to sprint back and into the staircase. The boulders should now be directed outside while you are safe inside the staircase.
    I guess you trigger the second switch while it's still rotating the boulder mechanism back to the outside, so the last trigger is ignored as long as you have passed it before it's ready to be switched again.
    I feel it's much safer and faster to drop down to the platform where the Serpent Mage is, going towards the Black Sorcerer set.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:53 pm

Tried to soul suck Patches and instead I did damage to him... I remember being able to use the dark hand on him perfectly fine before?
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:27 pm

went into the catacombs thinking "I've been here a dozen times, it's just not that scary anymore since I know about the necromancers and shortcuts"...

stop at the first bonfire, standing over the dead necromancer, I look closer at the walls... it's moving. HOLY **** IT'S GIANT BUGS CRAWLING SLOWLY. HOLY **** IT'S ON THE GROUND OH GOD IT'S EVERYWHEAGGGHHHHHHH

Few minutes later, casually walking around catacombs, walking to pick up some items I've picked up dozens times before, take one step and the grave/floor below me gives away and I fall into a room with crystal lizards - I charge and get skewered by statues followed by 3 skeletons to finish me off. I left the catacombs like a kid crying after the playground bully beat him up.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:00 am

TheAshenPhantom wrote:Tried to soul suck Patches and instead I did damage to him... I remember being able to use the dark hand on him perfectly fine before?
    That can happen if the dark hand hits beside npcs, or if you are not standing on the exact same level in the terrain.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:57 am

jankenneth_10 wrote:You can tank the Sanctuary Guardian (the 1st one, the boss), if its hasnt been tried yet.

Though the wiki says fast reaction and speed is key, I say otherwise. Wore Havel's, Slvr Knt Shld+1 and Claymore+10. Waited in front of the fog gate I came from, and wailed on it after its combo. It took me only 1 of 5 Estus flask.

I find this strategy good for players who are slow and/or have access to equipment with high def and poise.

Getting cornered is not a problem since the Guardian almost always backs off, the problem would be if you get harassed by his lightning.

Yeah, I find it easier to tank him personally. When I try evading him I never seem to find enough time to even hit him (at below 50% anyways). When I tank I can force him into a corner and his animations can end up being wasted on a wall whilst I dish single heavy blows at him.

You can also tank Artorias fairly comfortably. Well, I say fairly, I had Havel's gear and shield, child mask, cloranthy ring, so whatever. But just raising the shield to block an attack and lowering it after can buy you a second at least of stamina regen.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:35 am

Longshot wrote:went into the catacombs thinking "I've been here a dozen times, it's just not that scary anymore since I know about the necromancers and shortcuts"...

stop at the first bonfire, standing over the dead necromancer, I look closer at the walls... it's moving. HOLY **** IT'S GIANT BUGS CRAWLING SLOWLY. HOLY **** IT'S ON THE GROUND OH GOD IT'S EVERYWHEAGGGHHHHHHH

Few minutes later, casually walking around catacombs, walking to pick up some items I've picked up dozens times before, take one step and the grave/floor below me gives away and I fall into a room with crystal lizards - I charge and get skewered by statues followed by 3 skeletons to finish me off. I left the catacombs like a kid crying after the playground bully beat him up.

I also noticed that THOSE WERE BUGS CRAWLING ON THE WALL.
    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 26 29084657
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:37 am

Seath is actually spelled S-e-a-t-h, not S-e-e-t-h like I'd been doing.

Noticed the third time he killed me that I'd been spelling his name wrong~
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:27 am

Zephryl wrote:Seath is actually spelled S-e-a-t-h, not S-e-e-t-h like I'd been doing.

Noticed the third time he killed me that I'd been spelling his name wrong~

You were focused on the tail too much
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:42 am

Killing Seth solo is easier than having even just one person along to help. You may not get the tail, but ranged weapons work well. Slumbering Ring will help, but is not necessary.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:52 am

Took a few tries, but my problem was I though anywhere on the tail was fine, so I was attacking the big bit... Which made it harder, because I couldn't get away from the omega-curse-ring-o-death... Getting the tail was easy when I was aiming for the right bit haha~

Waited for him to get close, stunned him with the crystal, then sprinted in with my BKH swingin' and sliced it off~ Then kicked the severed tip around for a bit, just for laughs.

I imagine it would've been a lot harder if I wasn't using a heavy hitting weapon with good range though...
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:35 am

I was fighting the computer forest hunters. I went after the sorcrer, and he casted some soul arrows at me. Then I saw him scratch his head! The same scratch your character does when he can't use whatever magic you got equiped.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:48 pm