Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 24 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by psychichobo Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:07 pm

This is simple stuff, but I was not aware that the three Knights of Berenike that you find around the game can drop their weapons and shields as well as titanite. Friend of mine got a Greatsword off the dude in the Parish.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 24 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Hue Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:16 pm

psychichobo wrote:This is simple stuff, but I was not aware that the three Knights of Berenike that you find around the game can drop their weapons and shields as well as titanite. Friend of mine got a Greatsword off the dude in the Parish.

They drop all of their equipment, as well as the Greataxe
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Homing Soulmass and Homing Crystal Soulmass will not shoot the undead dragons. Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 24 3596227959

At least not the one in the Painted World.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Here's another one everyone probably noticed straightaway:

There's a topless Gardener near the end of the Royal Woods who is actually using his shears to trim a tree. You have to go past him to get to the elevator, so you've all probably noticed him, but I've always managed to aggro him early and not realise what he's doing.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:15 pm

psychichobo wrote:There's a topless Gardener near the end of the Royal Woods who is actually using his shears to trim a tree.
    There's three? of those gardeners, and they will not aggro unless you either attack them or pick up the coin on the corpse nearby.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:34 am

WandererReece wrote:Homing Soulmass and Homing Crystal Soulmass will not shoot the undead dragons. Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 24 3596227959

At least not the one in the Painted World.

From the spell's description, they'll only home towards creatures with souls. So Undead Chocobos aren't included. LOL.
    jankenneth_10
    jankenneth_10
    Casual
    Casual

Post by jankenneth_10 Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:01 am

Its not a recent discovery (some may have seen it as well, or thought they saw it) but,

if you remember the opening sequence when you first start the game, the part where the lady talks about the undead being branded with the darksign,

the body that had it wore the fluted armor set, not sure if this is a reference to the Knight featured on Demon's Souls' opening trailer.

This also supports the idea that these events happened after those in DeS.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:20 am

I just recalled some strange animation glitches i came across in the past.

I was doing my first few attempts at speed runs and i was aiming to get the BK Halberd. I was fishing so hard for that BS but for some reason, the BK wouldn't move. When he did, it was like he was slow-walking. No, he didn't have his shield up.

When he attacked it looked like he was flailing his arm around doing half-assed swipes and pokes. When i managed to BS him, the BK didn't topple over. Instead, he fell down floating inches from the ground. When he got up, the knight didn't do the typical wake-up animation, he just instantly teleported up.

I'm bad at explaining but this is the best i can do from what i remember. Holy ****, man. I thought my game was corrupted or something. This was 6 months ago.
    Fry1156
    Fry1156
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Fry1156 Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:19 am

After all the time I've spent playing the dlc only just and by a complete fluke found that there is a white slab just before Mannas. I was just farming humanities not paying any attention fell of the edge of a cliff and when I landed was surprised to see an item I hadn't collected.
    It would have been a better surprise if a glitcher hadnt dropped me 99 the night before.
    If anyone wants one I post in the trading section a you can have one.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Did you know that if you stood in front of those cats when they try to bite you, they'll gobble you and lift you up in the air in a bloody mess before spitting you out. HOLY ****. That was so gruesome...
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:04 pm

Automancer wrote:I only recently discovered this. The little jump you have to make to get to the Ring of Sacrifice or to talk to Domhall, you actually don't need to do that jump.

Instead, if you walk up the stairs where the hollow with the battle axe is, at the back of the bridge there's a little path where you can drop off that lands under the bridge. No more missing jumps. Mind = Blown.

Nice!

Re the Asylum statues, I also tried using those side platforms on the demon and he definitely smashes you right off there as well. I think they only reason they're there is to let you freak out over those hideous statues.
    JumpsU3vs1
    Casual
    Casual

Post by JumpsU3vs1 Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:15 pm

I found out WOG hits past shields if you are facing the other direction when you cast it. Found it out completely on accident.

This guy circled around me while holding up Havel's greatshield and the blast hit him when he was behind me. Me and my brother redid the situation, and sure enough it was repeatable.

I looked into this and apparently its been known for awhile.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:18 pm

^ Yeah, it's considered a dead angle since it hits behind you. It's a weird but awesome mechanic.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Yeah, always watch out for folks wearing dusk crowns who try to turn their backs on you to cast. If you really want to get meta with it, you can block it by also facing away from the caster -- i.e., if you stand back to back. It's particularly funny with force; you get knocked towards the caster rather than away from them.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Automancer, if those cats kill you while doing the gobble animation, they swallow you.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:24 pm

No wonder their mouths are so big... Always wondered about that.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:29 pm

A serpent man can grab your shoulder, lift you up, and try to bite your head off. It can't be blocked.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Liar. =w=
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:24 pm

^ You try blocking it. They don't care if you're shield is in front of you when they try to bite off your head.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:45 pm

WandererReece wrote:^ You try blocking it. They don't care if you're shield is in front of you when they try to bite off your head.
    Similarly, attacks like the Ents trying to eat you or the egg carriers grappling you and using the maggot to suck your face off are unblockable. That last one is handy to know because you can block their attacks(except the one where they grab your feet but don't do anything after) while trying to get an egghead.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:48 pm

Reece, are you serious? Cuz i've been playing since day 1 and i've never seen them do that.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:13 pm

WandererReece wrote:A serpent man can grab your shoulder, lift you up, and try to bite your head off. It can't be blocked.
    Hold on, you're talking about the serpent mages right? The 4-armed ones that throw lightning. Cause they definitely do that, i **** my pants when it first happened. I don't think the greatsword wielding ones do that though.

Btw, dat avatar 8)
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:27 pm

^ Henkyona tried to win the avatar contest with a sexy avatar. I replied, "2 can play that game."

Also, it may have been a serpent mage.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:44 pm

WandererReece wrote:A serpent man can grab your shoulder, lift you up, and try to bite your head off. It can't be blocked.

I freaked out when that happend to me...

ALSO THE CATS HAVE AN EATING ANITMATION?

Edit: Just rigged up my PS3...Holy ****...They have.

Last edited by Jester's Tears on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Yes. It's terrible. THERE WAS BLOOD EVERYWHERE!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:44 pm