Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
moomootv
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
GrinTwist
Tolvo
Bioraptor
WaffleGuy
LunarFog
jaythibodeau
13 posters

I Just Got Invaded......

jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

I Just Got Invaded...... Empty I Just Got Invaded......

Post by jaythibodeau Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:26 pm

I was just invaded at Sens Fortress, trying to complete a PvP build a few minutes ago. And I ran into possibly the nicest invader I've ever seen. He dropped me fully upgraded giants(relax, I won't be using that for PvP lol ) while I gave him an assortment of chunks. He then asked me to duel him.

Post a story about being invaded by giftwraiths or if you have ever done that yourself. happy
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I Just Got Invaded...... Empty Re: I Just Got Invaded......

Post by LunarFog Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:38 pm

I used to invade on SL 15 in Undead Parish all the time and drop a few dozen cracked eye orbs before killing them. I wonder how much my chaos was able to spread...
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:40 pm

I met a guy a while ago and sended him a message 'you like fire?'
    He invited me to chat. He was poisoned from the rats in the Burg and had no idea whatsoever what was happening in this game. So I gave him about an explenation of everything (locations, tips, etc.) I could think of. At the same time I dropped him a fully upgraded Queelag Furysword because I couldn't use it anyways. The guy said it was his first invasion and it couldn't have been a better one. It was a good day silly

But I have a guy with a lot of slabs and stuff with a low SL. I just need a lot of Red Cracked Eye Orbs to invade people and give it to them. No way I could use all that for myself. I got them from co-oping a lot. I do it all the time. I seem to encounter a few traders/modders maybe?/etc. when helping. They like someone with decent gear who knows the area I guess

I Just Got Invaded...... 639795459
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:43 pm

LunarFog wrote:I used to invade on SL 15 in Undead Parish all the time and drop a few dozen cracked eye orbs before killing them. I wonder how much my chaos was able to spread...

Good job! this game needs more Darkwraiths spreading death. I Just Got Invaded...... 3378427106
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:48 pm

I sometimes invade with my SL25NG+ at the Sunlight Altar.Although more times then not I will end up giving them souls or items.I try not to give them up graded weapons as I do not want to be the one to spoil there game although I guess many would see different.If I end up killing them I will offer my help or tips in where they are going wrong.In a nut shell Im not a DarkWraith at heart so I usaly stick to the I Just Got Invaded...... 3799246625......I have no issues killing the guilty.......
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:54 pm

I remember something I used to do was invade the catacombs near the start, then run through leaving prism stones that led to items as they progressed. After I was done I'd reach the bottom after the Bonewheels, and stand there wearing the Sage's Set with a mask of the Father, skull lantern, and gravelord sword. Sometimes they'd fight the mobs in which case I'd watch. No matter what as soon as they got near to me I would prepare to fight, acting as the last barrier. It was pretty fun.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:05 pm

Tolvo wrote:I remember something I used to do was invade the catacombs near the start, then run through leaving prism stones that led to items as they progressed. After I was done I'd reach the bottom after the Bonewheels, and stand there wearing the Sage's Set with a mask of the Father, skull lantern, and gravelord sword. Sometimes they'd fight the mobs in which case I'd watch. No matter what as soon as they got near to me I would prepare to fight, acting as the last barrier. It was pretty fun.

Seems like a cool outfit too. I was thinking of making a build like that, just using the Cleric set with the Mask of the Father

(I'll stop quoting you know, sorry man silly)
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:52 pm

I actually had two in the past two days. One in New Londo and the other in the Painted World.

When I was invading in New Londo I ran across the host inactive where the harmless hollows were. This is on my SL 30 and I realized he was new because of the mediocre armor combo he had. So I took off all my armor applied Smough's Helmet and equiped two warpicks and ran around dropping 60 prism stones. It wasn't until I left that I got the idea of kicking the host to one of the hollows to make it look like the hollow was worshiping him after that I dropped some prisms around the host's feet and dropped a +5 Silver Longsword.

The time in the Painted World was a bit different because I had already killed the host twice before. So I decided to try and be nice and find out where the host was. About five minutes later I find the host being protected by a phantom, they didn't charge at me because we were at the center staircase. So I dropped an unupgraded black knight greataxe and left the room. I wasn't done yet and because I was in a good mood I started dropping prism stones that led to the bottom of the room. When I finally got to the bottom of the room I took off my armor, applied two Demon Hammers and went wild with prism stones. When the host and the phantom finally went down I thought we would have a party so I dropped another Black Knight weapon. They backstabbed me to Oblivion.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:04 am

I don't think there's anything wrong with the giant's set. I laugh at some people who use it because I think it's ugly, but I some of it's pieces pretty regularly. It's torso is really the only part that I think is overtly ugly. All the rest of the pieces can go well with several different things IMO
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:04 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I don't think there's anything wrong with the giant's set. I laugh at some people who use it because I think it's ugly, but I some of its pieces pretty regularly. It's torso is really the only part that I think is overtly ugly. All the rest of the pieces can go well with several different things IMO

Yeah, I think it's an ugly set unless it's used right, (although I actually quite like the gauntlets) I just find the physical defense on it to be a tad bit too high for its lack of weaknesses, such as weight (In my opinion...)

I'm currently using a nice combination of Gough's Helm, Steel Armor, Giant Gauntlets and Black Iron Leggings. happy
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:35 am

My pre patch legit low SL toon got invaded just as I entered Burg by a twink. The guy stopped for a moment and started dropping items like crazy.
    He gave me 99x of EVERY consumable, even Soul of Gwyn, Slabs etc.
    Almost every weapon the game has on Lightning +5 and a lot of max upgraded Armor sets.

I was very :shock: .

He then told me he was going to delete this toon and wanted to give away it's BB glitched items to some legit host in Burg.
    moomootv
    moomootv
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by moomootv Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:03 am

I give ele weapons to low lvls so they have a chance against those low lvl ivaders
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:26 am

You know guys, gifting low level players with maxed crap most probably trivialises a good 2/3rds of the game.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:28 am

Yeah to new players it pretty much kills the entire experience and can cut game time down by 3/4's possibly.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:34 am

Forum Pirate wrote:You know guys, gifting low level players with maxed crap most probably trivialises a good 2/3rds of the game.
    I have to agree to this. Giving them overpowered items will surely ruin the game for them.
    Nightmare Moon
    Nightmare Moon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Nightmare Moon Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:52 am

I'll give away a few chunks away now and again if i feel they deserve them. But i wont give away boss souls or armour or even weapons. I feel that might ruin their experience of aquiring a good one by themselves but its just my opinion happy
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:04 pm

I started a new Pyromancer and was invaded in the Parish. I had upgraded my hand axe and heater shield to +5, but nothing else, and knew I would be no match for the DW. So I hid. This is Dark Souls, you do what you need to to survive.

After 30 minutes he was still looking for me. A very persistant enemy. So I sent him a message.

Me: "Instead of killing me, how about helping me with the gargoyles?"
    His reply: "Where are you?"
    Me: "Hiding. How about it?"

He agreed. And went on to not only help with the gargoyles, but the capra demon, and gapping dragon as well. He would have done more, but I was feeling a little weak and decided to do some farming and upgrading with all the souls I had collected. He sent me a friend request and I told him I'd give him a shout when I was ready for Blighttown.

To me that is the ultimate giftwraith. One who gives his time.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:36 pm

Kirk-Barb wrote:I started a new Pyromancer and was invaded in the Parish. I had upgraded my hand axe and heater shield to +5, but nothing else, and knew I would be no match for the DW. So I hid. This is Dark Souls, you do what you need to to survive.

After 30 minutes he was still looking for me. A very persistant enemy. So I sent him a message.

He agreed. And went on to not only help with the gargoyles, but the capra demon, and gapping dragon as well. He would have done more, but I was feeling a little weak and decided to do some farming and upgrading with all the souls I had collected. He sent me a friend request and I told him I'd give him a shout when I was ready for Blighttown.

Usually if I invade someone and just downright slaughter them, I'll run to the bonfire when I get back to my world and throw down a WSS. Sometimes it's easy to tell that someone needs help by the way they deal with you as an invader.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:39 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Kirk-Barb wrote:I started a new Pyromancer and was invaded in the Parish. I had upgraded my hand axe and heater shield to +5, but nothing else, and knew I would be no match for the DW. So I hid. This is Dark Souls, you do what you need to to survive.

Usually if I invade someone and just downright slaughter them, I'll run to the bonfire when I get back to my world and throw down a WSS. Sometimes it's easy to tell that someone needs help by the way they deal with you as an invader.

That must create some pretty awkward moments, considering that you just slaughtered the guy. lol
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:41 am

Well I feel like most people who really need the help are gong to be willing to summon anyone they can, especially someone who they've seen knows their way around enough to be effective in combat. It goes both ways though. Most people who don't really need help, or are angry about being killed I feel like normally just don't summon me at all.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:00 am

I would probably summon someone who could beat me, as long as they weren't just spamming or bs fishing. Though not everyone has the humanity to reverse hollow and summon after dying to a darkwraith.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:28 pm

I always say something nice like 'good kill' or make a joke. You'd be suprised how many people immediatly offer to help me once they have invaded me. It's just a game after all silly
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:51 pm

WaffleGuy wrote:I always say something nice like 'good kill' or make a joke. You'd be suprised how many people immediatly offer to help me once they have invaded me. It's just a game after all silly

Exactly. I find that a smaller and smaller percentage of people take it so seriously that they'll actually get angry if you beat them fairly. I can see getting annoyed enough not to summon if you cheese somebody to death, but if it's a fair fight I don't really see any reason to get pissed. I'll sometimes even throw a couple humanities to people I've just killed that summon me. Usually if I'm purposely initiating multiplayer I have a bunch to heal myself with anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm