Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Ashran
Orango19
ClassicBlaze
skarekrow13
alchemydesign
samster628
Hue
Shkar
Acarnatia
lalliman
Sloth9230
15 posters

Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons - Page 2 Empty Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

Post by Shkar Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:32 pm

I vote Mithril. Which is black in the Dark Souls Universe.

You know. Because.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons - Page 2 Empty Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

Post by lalliman Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:41 am

Sloth9230 wrote:However, Kalameet is still an everlasting dragon which means he has to be made of some mineral or mineral like substance.
    Is it actually mentioned that he's an everlasting dragon? I haven't heard it, only that Gough calls him an ancient dragon, which may or may not mean the same.

Sloth9230 wrote:and Kalameet's own association with fire.
    Which is ironic since only a small part of Kalameet's flames are fire elemental.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:18 pm

lalliman wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:However, Kalameet is still an everlasting dragon which means he has to be made of some mineral or mineral like substance.
    Is it actually mentioned that he's an everlasting dragon? I haven't heard it, only that Gough calls him an ancient dragon, which may or may not mean the same.

Sloth9230 wrote:and Kalameet's own association with fire.
    Which is ironic since only a small part of Kalameet's flames are fire elemental.

I assume that all dragons seen in the game were everlasting, or descendants. The word Ancient and Everlasting never get's used at the same time, but gaping is described as a descendant of the "everlasting" ones, while the head of the dragon covenant is described as a descendant of the "ancient" ones, despite clearly resembling the ones in the intro.

It's possible that the "everlasting dragons" were just one group out of many, but that doesn't seem to be the case. All dragons, with the exception of Seath, have scales of immortality, hence the name "everlasting"
    Orango19
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Orango19 Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:36 pm

Sloth had some really good points. It saddens me the fact that most of the Archives dwellers are just cancer destroying the point of lore-discussion.

Kalameet is obviously made of Obsidian. Yeah, all the dragons are everlasting (except for Seath). The Stone Dragon just looks like the "original" dragons because he is doing the same as the original ones... nothing.

Gaping was hungry, so he turned into a huge mouth. Kalameet was furious like a volcano, so he turned into a living firestorm.

Going against what's pointed out right in front of our noses is not lore-hunting or positive discussion, it's just retard and trollish.

Please, let this section of the forum stay alive and don't kill it with cancer.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Orango19 wrote:Sloth had some really good points. It saddens me the fact that most of the Archives dwellers are just cancer destroying the point of lore-discussion.

Kalameet is obviously made of Obsidian. Yeah, all the dragons are everlasting (except for Seath). The Stone Dragon just looks like the "original" dragons because he is doing the same as the original ones... nothing.

Gaping was hungry, so he turned into a huge mouth. Kalameet was furious like a volcano, so he turned into a living firestorm.

Going against what's pointed out right in front of our noses is not lore-hunting or positive discussion, it's just retard and trollish.

Please, let this section of the forum stay alive and don't kill it with cancer.

I've never found the evidence compelling enough to claim that the dragons were made of stone. In fact, the Dragon Tooth claims it's "harder than stone," which almost implies that they are two very separate things.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:06 pm

They're not made of stone, they're made of minerals. Diamond, for instance, is harder than stone.

As for the whole being made of stone thing...

Dragon Greatsword's description:
    This sword, one of the rare dragon weapons,
    came from the tail of the stone dragon of
    Ash Lake, descendant of the ancient dragons.

Its great mystical power will be unleashed
    when wielded with two hands.

"Gwyn's mighty bolts peeled apart their stone scales"

The evidence presented is clearly not conclusive...
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:31 pm

Eh, I'd forgotten one word of the intro. Even so, having stone scales doesn't equal being made of stone, but that's not really what we were arguing, was it? Besides, as you pointed out, the intro specifically says STONE. Which, if you wanted to try to argue about Seath expanding that area, stones are minerals which are crystals.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:36 pm

I'm not saying that their entire body is made stone, just their scales, bones, and teeth(I'd forgotten about the dragon tooth actually). There are organic parts, dragons do bleed.

Yes, except Seath naturally exists in a state of squishyness. The Primorial is what changed him into what we see.

And not all stones are crystals, obsidian is a volcanic glass.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:46 pm

I also never considered it, but the same might be true for the drakes and hydras.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:01 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:I'm not saying that their entire body is made stone, just their scales, bones, and teeth(I'd forgotten about the dragon tooth actually). There are organic parts, dragons do bleed.

Yes, except Seath naturally exists in a state of squishyness. The Primorial is what changed him into what we see.

And not all stones are crystals, obsidian is a volcanic glass.

"Obsidian is a naturally occurring volcanic glass formed as an extrusive igneous rock.

It is produced when felsic lava extruded from a volcano cools rapidly with minimum crystal growth."

Minerals ARE crystals. Obsidian is just caused by those minerals cooling rapidly enough that it doesn't have time to settle into it's standard form.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:18 pm

Minerals are crystals, but not all crystals are minerals(Snow flakes for example). Crystal just refers to the structure of their atoms. My point is that dragons are mineral based(Miyazaki said it himself). That also happens to make them crystal based, but that's irrelevant. We have yet to see dragons made out of sugar.

Edit: Also, I am not a geologist silly
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Minerals are crystals, but not all crystals are minerals(Snow flakes for example). Crystal just refers to the structure of their atoms. My point is that dragons are mineral based(Miyazaki said it himself). That also happens to make them crystal based, but that's irrelevant. We have yet to see dragons made out of sugar.

We've yet to see dragons made out of just about anything. We've seen a total of 4, one of which had no scales at all. And Gaping didn't seem to have any kind of Mineral-y scales either; in fact, he seemed more leathery than anything.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:41 pm

My point is that we won't see a dragon made out of sugar, it's not a mineral. It is partially made of carbon, but not everything made of carbon is a mineral.

Well the guy lives a sewer, there should be plenty of minerals(like salt). Which one's are his scales actually made of? I have no idea. It's something I've been wondering myself.

My guess is Bornite

Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons - Page 2 Mineraly.sk_-_bornit
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:02 pm

I like how it all just started about the Obsidian Greatsword not looking sharp enough, and ended up being a discussion about minerals i've never heard about, and teeth.

PS: bornite is beautiful, i wish there was a weapon with those multicolored reflections
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:23 pm

I actually found it while looking for those multicolored reflections, it's also called the "peacock ore". It's made up of sulfide, iron, and copper. All of those should be somewhat common in, well , y'know where... :dung:
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:I actually found it while looking for those multicolored reflections, it's also called the "peacock ore". It's made up of sulfide, iron, and copper. All of those should be somewhat common in, well , y'know where... :dung:

Damn....now i'm going to think about it every time
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:06 pm

lol relax, I'm sure no one is pooping out rainbow rocks silly
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:06 pm

Wouldn't it make more sense for dragons to be made of only one type of mineral, not a composite? They are basically the "ultimate" species after all.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:16 pm

Shkar wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense for dragons to be made of only one type of mineral, not a composite? They are basically the "ultimate" species after all.

Bornite is it's own mineral, it's a composition of elements.

However, that actually made me doubt Kalameet and the whole obsidian connection. Obsidian contains different minerals, and lacks the crystalline structure. It's a mineraloid, not a mineral. Mineraloids are technically "mineral based". So yeah, I don't know.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:24 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Shkar wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense for dragons to be made of only one type of mineral, not a composite? They are basically the "ultimate" species after all.

Bornite is it's own mineral, it's a composition of elements.

However, that actually made me doubt Kalameet and the whole obsidian connection. Obsidian is made up of different minerals, and lacks the crystalline structure. It's a mineraloid, not a mineral. Mineraloids are technically "mineral based". So yeah, I don't know.

Ah, the way you described Bornite I thought of it as a mixture of those elements, not a compound.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:42 pm

I think the creators at From just thought that Obsidian was close enough and cool enough that they just used as a rock type. I think they weren't that particular about the game's geology.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Acarnatia wrote:I think the creators at From just thought that Obsidian was close enough and cool enough that they just used as a rock type. I think they weren't that particular about the game's geology.

Pretty much.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:20 pm

Geologically, obsidian is made from rock (stone). So kalameet may be similar to a Phoenix. Perhaps he's the result of what happens when a dragon survives the fires woven by witches. His scales weren't peeled back (he's good at dodging )so the other lords only were able to change him. Also, the first thing that popped in my head seeing the name was "calamity" which creeps up again doesn't it. Did he survive

A calamity?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:00 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Geologically, obsidian is made from rock (stone). So kalameet may be similar to a Phoenix. Perhaps he's the result of what happens when a dragon survives the fires woven by witches. His scales weren't peeled back (he's good at dodging )so the other lords only were able to change him. Also, the first thing that popped in my head seeing the name was "calamity" which creeps up again doesn't it. Did he survive

A calamity?

Behold! The birth of Kalameet!

Spoiler:
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:09 pm

He survived the sunlight spears.

He mastered the miasma.

He conquered the chaos flames.

Then along came that ****ing apple

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:48 pm