Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Ashran
Orango19
ClassicBlaze
skarekrow13
alchemydesign
samster628
Hue
Shkar
Acarnatia
lalliman
Sloth9230
15 posters

Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons - Page 3 Empty Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

Post by Ashran Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    skarekrow13 wrote:Geologically, obsidian is made from rock (stone). So kalameet may be similar to a Phoenix. Perhaps he's the result of what happens when a dragon survives the fires woven by witches. His scales weren't peeled back (he's good at dodging )so the other lords only were able to change him. Also, the first thing that popped in my head seeing the name was "calamity" which creeps up again doesn't it. Did he survive

A calamity?

Behold! The birth of Kalameet!

Spoiler:

Prostration /thread.

Also, that theory sounds very good. Maybe the rotten dragons partially survived the miasma of death and disease. But only a few could survive, by becoming other thing... by becoming a Calamity.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons - Page 3 Empty Re: Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:20 pm

I just fought Kalameet solo, and I got plenty of up-close looks at him. He definitely gives off a charred appearence, and the scales that aren't black look like if they're smoldering. He's pretty much a volcano in the shape of a dragon.

Note: His belly scales do appear to be slightly lighter in color, but it's kind to hard to see what's up with them because of the lighting. Most dragons in fiction(and real-life reptiles) tend to have lighter belies though, so it's not surprising.

The only things off are the spines on his crest, spine, and elbows. They appear to be regular bone/stone(whatever it is dragons have). However, unlike the spines, his claws/talons are black like the sword.

These are the best images I could find of him:
    http://i4.minus.com/iEnlx7wZ5HR20.png
    https://i.imgur.com/kRUB4.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/pJhph.jpg
    http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/images/4927135-1350180052.jpg
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Is it just me, or does the Barbed Straight Sword kinda look like The Obsidian Sword's gimped little brother?
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:16 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:I just fought Kalameet solo, and I got plenty of up-close looks at him. He definitely gives off a charred appearence, and the scales that aren't black look like if they're smoldering. He's pretty much a volcano in the shape of a dragon.

Note: His belly scales do appear to be slightly lighter in color, but it's kind to hard to see what's up with them because of the lighting. Most dragons in fiction(and real-life reptiles) tend to have lighter belies though, so it's not surprising.

The only things off are the spines on his crest, spine, and elbows. They appear to be regular bone/stone(whatever it is dragons have). However, unlike the spines, his claws/talons are black like the sword.

These are the best images I could find of him:
    http://i4.minus.com/iEnlx7wZ5HR20.png
    https://i.imgur.com/kRUB4.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/pJhph.jpg
    http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/images/4927135-1350180052.jpg

I am now a true supporter of that theory. He looks charred. And about the "hes different, the elder dragons are X" well, i think theres more variety, uh?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:17 am

A black dragon, horribly burned, with catastrophic powers?

I didn't know From stole Deathwing from World of Warcraft...
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:33 am

Kalameet and the Everlasting Dragons - Page 3 Giratina-altered

Gaping Dragon, is that you? lol jk.
    Mike5005005
    Mike5005005
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Mike5005005 Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:16 am

Sloth, LMAO! xD
    KingSeekerCow
    KingSeekerCow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by KingSeekerCow Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:07 am

Shkar wrote:I vote Mithril. Which is black in the Dark Souls Universe.

You know. Because.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N6dqRcWgtk

Made me thought of this, but Mithril is usually whitish color if I remember correctly.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:12 am

KingSeekerCow wrote:

You know. Because.

Made me thought of this, but Mithril is usually whitish color if I remember correctly.

Shkar wrote:Which is black in the Dark Souls Universe.

lol, Shkar was making a joke.
    KingSeekerCow
    KingSeekerCow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by KingSeekerCow Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:20 am

Sloth9230 wrote:
    KingSeekerCow wrote:

You know. Because.

Shkar wrote:Which is black in the Dark Souls Universe.

lol, Shkar was making a joke.

:O
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:27 am

KingSeekerCow wrote:

You know. Because.

http://xkcd.com/1114/

I just got my science in your fantasy. As an aside, mithril is just straight up interesting to look at between different fantasy universes. Sometimes it's the work of the gods, sometimes elves, and other such twists.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:55 am

Like the thread title change. Since we opened it up to Everlasting Dragons:

I have the soundtrack to the game on my phone and the song came up that plays when you're near the Everlasting Dragon. It's called "Ancient Dragon." So it sounds like a dragon can be considered both in the lore aspects. They're not necessarily different.

However, it's possible that the terms just mean what they normally do. The everlasting ones could just be the ones gifted with scales of immortality. That would suggest some dragons might not have those scales. So then Ancient would just mean that a particular dragon has been around the block a few times.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:58 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Like the thread title change. Since we opened it up to Everlasting Dragons:

However, it's possible that the terms just mean what they normally do. The everlasting ones could just be the ones gifted with scales of immortality. That would suggest some dragons might not have those scales. So then Ancient would just mean that a particular dragon has been around the block a few times.

Hopefully DKS2 answers that. As it is right now, I'm under the impression that all of the dragons are everlasting.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:02 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    skarekrow13 wrote:Like the thread title change. Since we opened it up to Everlasting Dragons:

Hopefully DKS2 answers that. As it is right now, I'm under the impression that all of the dragons are everlasting.
    I think Seath proves that they're not all everlasting, and they specifically mention "scales of immortality" instead of dragon scales that grant immortality. Granted, Seath has neither, but I'm not sold on all dragons being immortal.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:12 pm

Dragon Scale description:
    "Dragon scale for reinforcing dragon weapons. Peeled from an ancient dragon.
    A dragon is inseparable from its scales, and the transcendent apostles, who seek the perpetuity of the ancient dragons, have crossed the very end of the earth to seek this invaluable treasure."

This leads me to believe that all dragons, that might include hydras and drakes, are everlasting.

densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:16 pm

Ah, that does heavily indicate that they're all everlasting.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:28 pm

It's possible that the apostles are wrong and the scales, at least not the ones we find, don't actually grant immortality, but it's hard to say for sure. The way the words "stone", "ancient", and "everlasting" are used interchangeably certainly doesn't help either.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:It's possible that the apostles are wrong and the scales, at least not the ones we find, don't actually grant immortality, but it's hard to say for sure. The way the words "stone", "ancient", and "everlasting" are used interchangeably certainly doesn't help either.
    It's possible that the Lords were wrong about the dragons as well. They certainly fell to these same Lords, not so immortal silly
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:07 pm

Well, there's two parts to true immortality: Agelessness, the dragons had that, and invincibility, which is what they lacked.

"Everlasting" probably just meant they couldn't die of old age. Though it makes me wonder how dragons will be included in the sequel, if it's not a prequel that is.

Perhaps Dragon's have a form of reincarnation? I saw someone suggest that hydras have a deeper connection to dragons, besides just being relatives. There's a hydra in Ash Lake, a dragon graveyard, and another in the basin, where we killed Kalameet. It's possible that hydras are just reincarnated dragons, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:02 pm