Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Coryf2209
Serious_Much
Icegodzilla
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Acarnatia
Emergence
Tolvo
DoughGuy
ViralEnsign_
Steel Dragon74
twilightwarwolf
vatar5
Ahhotep1
BeeSeaEss
Hydreigon11
The Letter X
Soris Ice Goldwing
21 posters

Anyone want an all out covenant war?

Poll

Do you want an all out war?

[ 15 ]
    Anyone want an all out covenant war? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap71%Anyone want an all out covenant war? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [71%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Anyone want an all out covenant war? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%Anyone want an all out covenant war? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [29%] 

Total Votes: 21
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Anyone want an all out covenant war? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone want an all out covenant war?

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:39 pm

Hey since it hasn't been said by anyone else yet do you mind if I do the lore for this
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Anyone want an all out covenant war? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone want an all out covenant war?

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:03 pm

Steel Dragon74 wrote:Hey since it hasn't been said by anyone else yet do you mind if I do the lore for this

If you can fit the participetes of this sure go ahead. Once I get enough things solved I'll message the covenant leaders in either their threads or by pm. Also I should send this to the admins.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:09 pm

I need to do some writing too. I'll help out with the lore if you need it.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:11 pm

Sure I can do that, as soon as things get a bit more finallised I'll start working on it
    Also remember to tell me any especially epic moments, some details of the cov leaders deaths, etc once its all over so I can put together some stuff about how the war went

Also thanks Dough, PM me any thoughts or stuff you have and we'll see what we can put together
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:23 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:You think it be crazy to get the Pantheon involved in this?

Interfering directly in the affairs of mortals isn't something we typically do, but we would certainly watch the events unfold with interest. But no drama and no salt, or see just how capricious we deities can be.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:23 pm

Come on people I want to see more of you taking part in this! The more people in this the better!

Also Ahhotep1this will likely take place after your event.

As for time I'm thinking 8PM EST to begin fighting but start it at 7PM EST to give people time to perpare get any last minute things done and call in. Date I'm still debating but it may be the last thing on the list.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:28 pm

Emergence wrote:Interfering directly in the affairs of mortals isn't something we typically do, but we would certainly watch the events unfold with interest. But no drama and no salt, or see just how capricious we deities can be.

Tis ashame but I understand. I figured the gods would come down at random times and places to test the leaders of the people they follow.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:32 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Come on people I want to see more of you taking part in this! The more people in this the better!

Also Ahhotep1this will likely take place after your event.

As for time I'm thinking 8PM EST to begin fighting but start it at 7PM EST to give people time to perpare get any last minute things done and call in. Date I'm still debating but it may be the last thing on the list.

That's cool, Soris...thanks! happy Just a heads up...this is an on-going event. Next one is on for Feb 16. It's in the PSN Calender of Events!

Depending on how your event goes we can play it by hear...I think? I have to talk to Fex and find out if I can change details on psn calender once and event is up. I will get back to you on that happy

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:36 pm

I can wait. If the reclaim the forest event took the time it did so can this. Besides the more faces I see here only help motivate me to see this through. Also if anyone wants to record this go right ahead!happy

Edit: Forgot if your going to record this state your name, system and covenant

Last edited by Soris Ice Goldwing on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:45 pm

edited my above post Soris..have a look happy
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:48 pm

And now I feel extremely happy by this! Lets see where this goes and do you mind if I post invations to your group?
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:02 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:And now I feel extremely happy by this! Lets see where this goes and do you mind if I post invations to your group?

No one will represent The Exiled unless its vetted through me. That's how I do business. When you know what your doing exactly and have all the details worked out and in an OP for all to read. Then I'll consider your event. It would be premature to do commit to anything that is still so "up in the air" at this point. I hope you do understand. happy

My post above had to do with the timing of your event only.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:08 pm

eh..I guess I overdid it huh? Sorry Anyone want an all out covenant war? - Page 2 945058907 Anyway it occured that if the Ravens are involved I need to make them have two phantoms for the random invaders. Might have people rss if the day turns out to be full of forest invaders.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:15 pm

Of course we'll be involved Soris, or did you forget the discussion we've been having on the Ravens thread for the last three days or so
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:28 pm

Alright since I'm running low on effective ideas to fill the gaps of this and since I want input I'm making a list of things to be done:

1: SL range. what seems to be the norm and what sl draws the most from your abilities?

2: Time. Is what I posted on that useful to people or do I need to change it for better comfirmity?

3: Rules. Since I lost my track I need to finish this and get input if it is okay and not generic.

4:Covenant leaders second in command. This is one of last things to be done for this. To help get this to both consoles the leaders will announce who will lead their cov on the other systems.

5: Recorders. If there will be people recording this state yourself and please post this show that everyone here can see the results.

6:Day. This is the most bendable and one of the last to finish.

7: I will not be asking anyone to join till the rest is settled. All I need to know if your group shows interest in seeing this and I will see to it that you stay interested and take part in it.

8:this is for anything I may have overlooked or left out. Please inform me of anything that falls here.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:47 am

Wow, this thread really exploded in the last few hours ._. Earlier, I voted 'yes' and there was only one vote for yes! compared to three (not many, either) for 'no'. I thought no one was even looking. Apparently they are~ c:
    So, obviously, I'm interested.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:04 am

so it seems you've got yourself a good chunk of the way congrats
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:07 am

Thanks! Honestly I did not expect this to turn out the way it did but I'm glad it did. Of course there is still that list so any help is welcoming!
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:11 am

Sl depends on area e.g Kiln=125ish Forest =anything

As for rules I would say dont be to restrictive, what you posted before seemed fine to me

Scoring is the only other thing I can think that may need a bit of refining

Thats all from me at the moment
    Hope it helps
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:19 am

Scoring...yes in my lurking days I have read a lot of issues with that, and that small cov war incident. That one will take professionals to solve. Though if I remember right didn't Shkar think of a way?

I don't think any cov holds the Kilin so that place is out. I think what I said about the cov leaders being the targets will be the focus of this event.

As for Sl I'm stuck between 50, 100, 120. My main concern is what sl can draw the most of the players abilities without it being a 1hit ko issue.

Rules will be adjusted as things start falling into place. I'm in the struggle to either ban the hornet ring or allow it if you are going to parry.

Edit: I should mention that I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my thoughts and actions. I'm aware of it but if I seem to get too focused in details please stop me.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:34 am

I think POLG holds the kiln if their still active

Yes killing the leaders should be the focus but mabey some sort of minor score for killing cov members
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:38 am

POLG is disbanded. We never thought of a proper solution to the scoring system.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:41 am

Well then Dough what has been done with any success involving scoring? I"m willing to work with you and some other veteran members for a solution. Or should we perhaps do away with that and replace it with something else?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:46 am

Depends on what you do. If you do a traditional war you'll never get the scoring right. If you do a tourney war or something similar it'll be easier to get a fair system.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:53 am

I'm going to need to look at what the scoring systems are. But if the tradtional one never works I'll fall for the one with the least confusion. But like I said the scoring will be a group effort and this will be the biggest issue on the list.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:22 pm