Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
skarekrow13
Zechk
SlakeMoth
Myztyrio
raecor14
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Ashran
Soris Ice Goldwing
Carphil
Flankydizzle
GrinTwist
Sloth9230
Samurainova
DianaDieHard
18 posters

The Saddest Thing In Dark Souls?

Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The Saddest Thing In Dark Souls? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Saddest Thing In Dark Souls?

Post by Ashran Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:22 am

I saw once the consecuences of killing Gwynevere in a youtube video.

Lik dis if u cry evrytm
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The Saddest Thing In Dark Souls? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Saddest Thing In Dark Souls?

Post by Myztyrio Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:20 am

Killing Quelaag's sister. With ring on, she says "Quelaag? My sister." etc. She thinks that her own sister is betraying her and killing her.
    Killing Dusk. Only did this once, to see what would happen. "Fairwell, my savior." Even in death, she still regards you as someone who had done her favor.
    Killing the nicest guy, Lauternius. All he wants is to help.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:31 am

I save my sympathy for those who are hurting in the real world but then I am a cynic.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:00 am

Sloth9230 wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:maiden Ast..... I MEAN QUEELAN, YEAH QUELLAN

Maiden Astraea actually shares voice actresses with Pricilla and Gwynevere. Not Quelaan/Reah/Sieglinde, though they do sound somewhat similar.
    i was more talking about how the theme of them was the same and stuff.
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:21 am

I'm going with Pricilla. Locked in a twisted painting alone for eternity. I mean honestly, if you are paining a world for a little (yes I know shes 11 feet tall, I meant when they first put her in there!) girl, why would you paint it full of SNOW for crying out loud. At least make it a warm and toasty world. The horrible putrid zombie dragon was also a nice touch.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:42 am

Zechk, she's not locked in. There are no mechanisms to keep one in the painting past the door with the statue lock. She can leave whenever. Also, she has wintry attacks. I bet she wanted snow. I venture that Priscilla is one of the happier characters.

Anyway, my vote is for the Bell Gargoyles.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:53 pm

When i found Laurentius in the swamp, when Siegmeyer was dead in ash lake, when Solaire attacked me, when Logan attacked me, and particularly, when i got the chaos witch ring and spoke to the Fair Lady
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:51 pm

Thats a ummm...pretty interesting profile pic you got their Hachouma
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:16 pm

Just about every NPC in dark souls is tragic. The saddest one for me used to be Pricillia but after watching the Prepare to cry videos Knight Kirk is my new favorite saddest NPC. He reminds me of Clint Eastwoods character in Unforgiven, a real bad *** in his youth but was turned around by a woman.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:46 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Zechk, she's not locked in. There are no mechanisms to keep one in the painting past the door with the statue lock. She can leave whenever. Also, she has wintry attacks. I bet she wanted snow. I venture that Priscilla is one of the happier characters.

Anyway, my vote is for the Bell Gargoyles.

We don't know that for sure. Without knowing how the Painted World properly works, we can't say anything for certain. Maybe the things that were taken there originally are prevented from leaving, but others can come and go? Even if she was an abomination, her parents might've wanted to visit her or something...

Or maybe by the time she figured out how to leave, she'd decided that living in a frozen, empty wasteland was better than returning to the world where she was hated for what she was...

Either way, she's not on the top of my sympathy list... High up, but not the top~ Since she doesn't Hollow or anything, she's just got a possibly-sad backstory.

Mine's probably the Crestfallen Warrior. Everyone else has reasons for their sad story, or their bad ending... but that guy... too scared to leave, watching someone else do the quest he couldn't... and then to top it off, having to put up with Frampt. It'd drive anyone Hollow.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:34 pm

I felt bad for all the NPCs who went Hollow, but Siegmeyer got me the most. And Sieglinde was so upset, she's normally such a cheery and likeable character...

RIP ONION KNIGHT

May you continue to rest whilst standing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:54 am