Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
billy_bayonet
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Automancer
Henkyona
skarekrow13
WandererReece
XuitusTheGreat
Rifter7
Hydreigon11
Juutas
BeeSeaEss
EeAyEss
User1
wolfboy
Animaaal
Ghadis_God
Tolvo
Myztyrio
WyrmHero
The Letter X
RANT
Jiub of Carim
26 posters

Best of the Under Appreciated Weapons STR/DEX

CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Best of the Under Appreciated Weapons STR/DEX - Page 3 Empty Re: Best of the Under Appreciated Weapons STR/DEX

Post by CrackSouls Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:51 pm

Automancer wrote:DARKSWORD!!!!

I don't mean to bother you, but can you elaborate on how it's such a good weapon? I'm just curious, I have used it to little effectiveness. Maybe I just needed to give it more time.

As for weapons I like that I think are overlooked, the regular Halberd. I love that thing. And I've only fought some one using it once. The normal Scythe is good too, I use it on my pure dex build.
    Has any one tried using the Pyro glove as melee with an Int character? I've always been curious if the damage is any good...
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Best of the Under Appreciated Weapons STR/DEX - Page 3 Empty Re: Best of the Under Appreciated Weapons STR/DEX

Post by Marino. Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:50 pm

I use Bonewheel Shields with suprisingly great succes !

Whenever you shove you also Block .
    So when you shove you block the Hit AND stagger the Enemy allowing for a quick Off-hand Katana swing .

And the R2 is pretty damn Powerfull (i usually hit for 600 with my +10 Fire shield) and catches BS-fishers quite nicely .

Its underrated to say the least .
    Dare i say you can use it competitively happy
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:58 pm

On a quality build, the pierce shield and spiked shield are pretty fun and effective too! Be sure to two-hand!
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 pm

Marino. wrote:I use Bonewheel Shields with suprisingly great succes !

Whenever you shove you also Block .
    So when you shove you block the Hit AND stagger the Enemy allowing for a quick Off-hand Katana swing .

And the R2 is pretty damn Powerfull (i usually hit for 600 with my +10 Fire shield) and catches BS-fishers quite nicely .

Its underrated to say the least .
    Dare i say you can use it competitively happy

I'm so with this. It is powerful. I'd like to know the poise damage numbers (per hit, 3 total). I'd wager it's maybe 60-70 for all three hits combined.

I use it competitively. I also use it with Strong Magic Shield :affraid:

The only thing I have bad to say about it is the wind up is slow. Using it lock off is best when punishing aggressive backstabbers imo.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:00 am

CrackSouls wrote:

I don't mean to bother you, but can you elaborate on how it's such a good weapon? I'm just curious, I have used it to little effectiveness. Maybe I just needed to give it more time.

Wow, i have no idea how many times i explained this but here goes.

One of the most important thing with the Darksword is that if you're not worried about fast rolling, you can go far with it. The main issue people have with it is the weight since it weighs the same as the SKSS and Claymore but with lower AR.

I like it more as an invasion weapon. It's R1>R2 combo is great for surprising hosts/phantoms and it stunlocks quite well. The R2 has a weird delay to it so it can be tricky to parry. When unlocked, i've been able to dead angle with it consistently. As a dueling weapon, it's way more difficult. The opponent is more aware of your attacks but that's where the rolling R1 thrust comes in handy. Its quick with a good distance with its poke. From what i've seen it kind of rivals the BSS but with less wind-up. The 2 handed R1>R2 guard breaks as easily as the SKSS but with more variety with the movesets. But when it swings, it whiffs more then the BSS or the SKSS.

Overall, i love its moveset, looks and the style it has when combo-ing its attacks.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:19 pm

Everyone seems to overlook the partizan. I love that weapon. my quality build uses it with the shotel as a backup big grin. It's such a cool looking spear plus its got an awsome swipe attack!
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:00 pm

[quote="Automancer"]
    CrackSouls wrote:
    Overall, i love its moveset, looks and the style it has when combo-ing its attacks.

Ah, I see. I think I may have an issue with it because I only duel now, and I always fast roll.
    Still thought, good to know. Thank you.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:14 am

odd.. every time i've seen a darksword i've managed to parry it's r2, eh whatever...
    stonegreataxe gets a spot on this list if it hasn't been said already, awesome moveset despite abyssmal ar
    Jiub of Carim
    Jiub of Carim
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jiub of Carim Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:28 am

The Greataxe! Definitely one of my favorite strength weapons. It always comes in handy when I'm using a slower strength weapon. I just switch to it for the surprise attack, and stunlock them down.
    Jiub of Carim
    Jiub of Carim
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jiub of Carim Fri May 10, 2013 8:34 am

Hydreigon11 wrote:Most Strength Weapons.

The Demon's Greataxe, with S scaling with strength at +15 can do MUHUSSIVE damage, the BKGS isn't bad and the Capra sword is very good. And the gravelord sword (i don't see it very often) it dead angles like a truck and the toxic is very good for scaring people.

After making a STR build and play 150 hours on it, I must agree with this statement. All STR weapons seems extremely underrated especially the Demon Great Axe which is my favorite. The 1h r2 is amazing for baiting people, and launching them into the air. The damage is amazing with 50 STR, no need to buff. Most people I fight against don't know how to use this weapons (aka most are gankers).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:28 am