Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
User1
FullSpe3D
Kyōkai
WyrmHero
jaythibodeau
Ashran
barrywilkins
The Letter X
sure-magicians
wahwah
notfalstaff
Hue
Walter_White
Candino
EeAyEss
skarekrow13
LunarFog
BIG TIME MASTER
22 posters

For anybody who hasn't played Demon Souls and is hurting for DKSII...

FullSpe3D
    Casual
    Casual

For anybody who hasn't played Demon Souls and is hurting for DKSII... - Page 2 Empty Re: For anybody who hasn't played Demon Souls and is hurting for DKSII...

Post by FullSpe3D Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:39 am

Walter_White wrote:Yeah Demons Souls Rocks!

...but if you want online action come to the asian server, EU is almost dead

How do you get on the asian one? Do you need an asian game or something? I have EU and i can't read Japanese For anybody who hasn't played Demon Souls and is hurting for DKSII... - Page 2 2707236321
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

For anybody who hasn't played Demon Souls and is hurting for DKSII... - Page 2 Empty Re: For anybody who hasn't played Demon Souls and is hurting for DKSII...

Post by User1 Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:38 am

Hell yeah, Demon's souls rocks! But, sadly, I can't play it anymore, since my ps3 broke. But I did use a pure faith mlgs build, spent about an hour getting it. Completely worth it though, but it did'nt do anything against Garl Vinland's shield...
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:39 pm

Played Demon Souls through three times and three times Ostrava didn't show up after I'd saved him to give me the key to the Mausoleum, so I could fight the old king and get his sword which you need to make the super duper sword (can't remember it's name, been a long time). I kinda got a bit disillusioned after that. Still a great game though.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:44 pm

SlakeMoth, I trust your written word, and have no reason not to believe you are slightly more intelligent than the average video gaming primate, but I never believe people when they claim that the game was somehow broken and screwed them. I've just never seen it happen, and most people just jump the gun and blame the game for there own shortcomings.

I'm not saying you are one of these people, but what I am implying is that you need to play Demons Souls again. Right now!
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:04 pm

"Hell yeah, Demon Souls rocks! I'm going to start playing it online so that BTM has some stellar coop partners whenever he needs them!"

Well, I'm not going to start playing it online, but the rest is true.
    notfalstaff
    notfalstaff

Post by notfalstaff Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:40 pm

I'm considering starting up a new character - feel free to add me if anyone is looking for DS co-op.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:43 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:SlakeMoth, I trust your written word, and have no reason not to believe you are slightly more intelligent than the average video gaming primate, but I never believe people when they claim that the game was somehow broken and screwed them. I've just never seen it happen, and most people just jump the gun and blame the game for there own shortcomings.

I'm not saying you are one of these people, but what I am implying is that you need to play Demons Souls again. Right now!

No, it's the truth BTM, three times the bugger beggared off somewhere. I'm not saying the game was to blame either. As for my shortcomings, I've got plenty but losing an npc is not one of them. Yep, maybe I'll play it again sometime and if I do Ostrava gets it before he goes awol.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:19 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:
    No, it's the truth BTM, three times the bugger beggared off somewhere. I'm not saying the game was to blame either. As for my shortcomings, I've got plenty but losing an npc is not one of them. Yep, maybe I'll play it again sometime and if I do Ostrava gets it before he goes awol.
    Much as I love the guy he's terribly unreliable at keeping himself alive, so he could die at any point in a level after you save him without you noticing and you would lose the key for that playthrough. The best thing to do to get the key is to(so help me, I hate telling people this) backstab him when you first meet him, then let him tank the dredgelings, and if he's still alive let him fight the two soldiers and the Blue Eyed Knight, he should be dead by then which leaves you with less enemies and the key up for grabs.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:07 am

Could you just kill him yourself?
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:55 am

You always could, but he's so unreliable and I'm not sure how powerful he is compared to a starting class, which is why I recommend the dirty stab method.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:10 am

Like I said, next time he gets it but, knowing me, I wont be able to kill him in cold blood and he'll go off and hide in a corner. I'm hopeless at killing npc's. I killed that sniggering merchant in the Undead Burg for his Uchi once and felt guilty for days.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:12 am

But technically backstabbing him off the platform isn't killing him!
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:45 pm

SlakeMoth, you have a compassionate soul.

Just what the hell are you doing playing DKS?!
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:17 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:Played Demon Souls through three times and three times Ostrava didn't show up after I'd saved him to give me the key to the Mausoleum, so I could fight the old king and get his sword which you need to make the super duper sword (can't remember it's name, been a long time). I kinda got a bit disillusioned after that. Still a great game though.

Make sure you don't die after rescuing him the first time. If you do then he'll be patrolling the route down below where you first found him since the game has already flagged him as "being saved," but all the enemies will be back and it's very likely he'll get himself killed. If this happens, make sure you get back to him as fast as possible to clear out his route. Also, make sure you're rescuing him from under the bridge in 1-2. He's kind of out of the way and easy to miss, and if you don't then he won't appear under the blue dragon to give you the key. And I suppose this should be obvious, but make sure you open the gate for him in 1-3 :|

EDIT: Though if you really just want the key, and don't like getting your hands dirty, you could always just push him down into the enemies when you first find him in 1-1. He'll start his route without being rescued, and the enemies will take care of him for you. Just stand on the platform with the Thief's Ring and make yourself a sandwich while you wait on a big dump of souls to come by. When it does, run out and the Mausoleum Key will magically be sitting somewhere on the ground!

And the sword is called Demonbrandt happy

On-topic: Hell yeah, Demon Souls rocks! I'm going to start playing it online so that BTM has some stellar coop partners whenever he needs them! As long as he's level 125 and likes having a mage as a partner!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:08 am