Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Weapon Swing Speeds

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Weapon Swing Speeds Empty Weapon Swing Speeds

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:01 pm

So is it confirmed that a Washing Pole is slower than a regular Uchi? I hear a lot of people say it is, but I can't really tell the difference. Does it have something to do with weight? Because I've also heard that Claymores are faster than most of the other greatswords. They all seem the same to me though.

I'm asking because I made a lightning and chaos washing pole, but then I realized that Uchigatanas would have had the same AR. The range doesn't particularly matter to me, but swing speed does.

Eidt: Wasn't sure if this should go in the PVP or Archives section.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Weapon Swing Speeds Empty Re: Weapon Swing Speeds

Post by The Letter X Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:08 pm

The Washing Pole is slower than the other katana. The Claymore was definitely faster than other GS's pre-patch 1.06, but I'm not sure anymore.

Weapons like the normal dagger, which is the lightest dagger, swings faster than the rest. I don't think this applies to all weapon types however since all curved swords swing at the same speed and the katana minus the WP are the same in speed.

The straightswords have a great variation in swing speed as well. The BSS( both barbed and Balder) along with the longsword are faster than the Broadsword, Darksword, ans Silver Knight Sword. The slower ones deal more stamina damage through shields on the other hand.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:16 pm

A'hh yes, the only time I ever noticed a difference was when I switched from The Balder to Darksword. I think I'll keep the washing poles though, the difference doesn't seem all that much. Might make both anyway. Thanks.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:18 pm

Yeah, the Washing Pole speed difference is almost negligible, even without factoring in its range and damage.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:23 pm

I actually thought that the washing poles slightly better scaling, for a quality build anyway, would translate into more AR as an elemental. Mugen Monkey proved me wrong...
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:26 pm

Its AR is misleading. It does more damage than other katana with identical AR. It's kind of like a katana with 400 AR and a curved sword with 400 AR - the damage won't be identical.

That's why I don't like to classify the Washing Pole as a katana. silly
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:30 pm

Interesting...
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:35 pm

Weight is irrelevant to swing speed in game. The devs did tend to make lighter weapons faster, but its not a rule or formula, to my knowledge.

The washingpole is slower, but its not swing speed in my experience, its a longer recovery between swings.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:its not swing speed in my experience, its a longer recovery between swings.

That would make sense, the thing practically smashes into the ground with every swing.

Now I have the urge to check every weapons speed/recovery silly
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:43 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Weight is irrelevant to swing speed in game. The devs did tend to make lighter weapons faster, but its not a rule or formula, to my knowledge.

The washingpole is slower, but its not swing speed in my experience, its a longer recovery between swings.

This is true; I forgot to mention that about the WP. For example, the normal katana have the parry window of taking a hit then parrying, but the WP is able to be blocked then parried. Its running R1's and rolling R1's share the same speed as the other katana.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:53 pm

I almost never R1 spam anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:57 pm

You can also test this with weapons than can infinite stunlock. For example, pre patch MLGS and Claymore could infinite stunlock, meanwhile MSGS you could escape without toggling after the 3rd hit. Maybe this happens as well with the Zweihander/DGM and the reason why a Reinforced Club can infinite stunlock meanwhile a Mace cannot.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:45 am

The Letter X wrote:Its AR is misleading. It does more damage than other katana with identical AR. It's kind of like a katana with 400 AR and a curved sword with 400 AR - the damage won't be identical.

That's why I don't like to classify the Washing Pole as a katana. silly

So I created a chaos uchi +14, turns out it'ts damage is identical to washing pole's. I've been playing around with them and, while I don't really notice the speed/recovery time all that much, I do notice the length. However, it is because of the extra length that I prefer the Uchi.

I regularly use the Iaito as my main weapon, and I don't want to get used to the extra length of the WP since it won't always be there. It happens to me rather frequently when I switch from the Claymore to the Bastard Sword; I tend to misjudge my distances a lot.

I actually think that the Elemntal WP is better than the Elemental Uchi, regardless of it's slower recovery time, but I feel like the added length would screw up my play style if I got too accustomed to it. I plan to keep it around though, if only to deal with spear/DWGR users silly

Edit: All this is just for elementals though, I don't have the stats to properly play with +15 just yet.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:24 am

Yeah, I know what you mean. The reason I never switched from the Chaos Blade to the Iaito is because I didn't want miss that slight advantage in reach if I didn't like the Iaito as much.

I'm inclined to say that the results would come out differently on +15 weapons, but I'll have to do some testing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:53 pm