Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Juutas
Serious_Much
Infighter
dmd
mr_no_face
DE5PA1R
Animaaal
Ashran
Johnthethird
13 posters

Dark Souls 2 setting POLL

Poll

Where do you want the game to take place?

[ 2 ]
    Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_lcap7%Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_lcap27%Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_rcap [27%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_lcap7%Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    [ 1 ]
    Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_lcap3%Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_lcap0%Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_lcap0%Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_lcap3%Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 4 ]
    Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_lcap13%Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_lcap13%Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_lcap20%Dark Souls 2 setting POLL I_vote_rcap [20%] 

Total Votes: 30
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark Souls 2 setting POLL Empty Dark Souls 2 setting POLL

Post by Johnthethird Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:42 am

Which of these do you want the game to take place in? I personally think that Vinhelm would be cool because of the dragon school, but any one would be great.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark Souls 2 setting POLL Empty Re: Dark Souls 2 setting POLL

Post by Ashran Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:28 am

Im gonna go for the past Lordran. Maybe its surroundings... We dont know which locations are near Lordran so i assume nobody wants to be near it xD
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:15 pm

I voted future Lordran because dang it, I want an actual sequel.

DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:16 pm

I'm thinking + hoping Astora.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:40 pm

Dark Souls 2 setting POLL Th?id=H.4978752704282941&pid=1 VISIT ALL THE PLACES
    dmd
    dmd

Post by dmd Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:03 pm

I'd love to see the end of the age of dragons, the fall of new londo, the backstory of Priscilla from the Painted World and her exile. There's a LOT of backstory here just begging to be told - and to do that, we would have to go back in time.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:56 pm

Animaaal wrote:I voted future Lordran because dang it, I want an actual sequel.

I want a future sequel as well, but it would be cooler if it took place in the future and in a new place.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:01 am

https://twitter.com/HidetakaMiyazak

From Miyazaki's Twitter:

"Before the darkness. What would make the gods leave? #darksouls2"
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:55 am

I would like to see Carim, but judging by trailer it seems it's gonna be Astora, because its destroyed and we will probably have to fight that Evil that destroyed Astora
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:14 pm

I think it'll be vinheim, but thats mainly because I always imagined it like the setting in the trailer with mountains and snow
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:33 pm

I the new details it is said to be taken place in a "large cove by the sea"....go figure.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Why on earth would anyone want it to be Lordran, whether past or future? We already had Lordran, don't you want to see something entirely new and different?
    That's like wishing Fallout 4 would take place in Mojave again, which would suck when there's like a hundred possible locations.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:49 am

Frank_White wrote:...Why on earth would anyone want it to be Lordran, whether past or future? We already had Lordran, don't you want to see something entirely new and different...

I want it back. That is all. I want the same lore, I want my questions answered, ...
    ...and I want it done it in epic f@***** proportions man! cheers

I’m glad it’s a sequel. I don’t care if we time travel, have a nexus, or have whatever “flair” FROM wants (they deserve it)…I just want the same DkS/DeS I've come to love.

I say DkS/DeS because I'm glad Dark Souls wasnt all phuk@d up. It’s the same game style that, imo, is groundbreaking. However, its also DkS2 and not “Dead Souls” so I don’t look for the story to change too much. I think DkS was an obvious attempt of progressive game development. If they demonstrate how progressive of a company the really are, I'd look for Dark Souls 2 to be a great game to say the least.

I don’t want a cheap drawn out story about Astora, or some distant past ((5000 years)...well maybe that might be cool), or filler garbage lore, or some crazy idea that takes the game completely out of context, in some strange world that is not Dark Souls........If it was “Dead Souls” I’d be coooooo wit dat. But it aint so I'm not. silly

I want to know about more Dark Souls while I play Dark Souls on steroids (Dark Souls 2)....GET IT DONE FROM:) twisted

If DkS2 is in Lordran, it might help save time and resources that would otherwise be more valuable. Maybe put into mechanic engineering and online play, I’d be all for that. Who’s to say they don’t make 4 or 5 worlds outside/within Lordran as well done as the previous dlc???

I myself picked one of the 6% at this time (Lordran future), because I lean more towards sequel than prequel. I also don’t want to be restricted to one specific world and neither taken somewhere completely new altogether. I don't want a world where I don’t get to find out S & O are indeed "a thing", Salaman was actually Quelana’s something or other, etcetcetc.

If you take into consideration how well FROM has patched and critiqued its own monsterous development in order to satisfy some of even our most minor complaints………imo, you come to realize….....Dark Souls 2 is gonna be……… :affraid: ...no matter where it is.

Whatever the case may be, I vote in a world and a time frame I understand pertaining to Dark Souls. I believe Dark Souls could be one of the most interesting game storylines I've ever played, and find it EXTREMELY ironic that it was done in such a subtle way. I don't want that to change much either.

Last edited by Animaaal on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spacing/removal)
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:01 am

DE5PA1R wrote:https://twitter.com/HidetakaMiyazak

From Miyazaki's Twitter:

"Before the darkness. What would make the gods leave? #darksouls2"
    But should we really take Miazaki seriously? Remember the pendant. And also, why would he deliberately spoil it for us like that.

He also said that dragons will be vehicles so...
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:29 am

@animaal Shibuya has stated that DkS2 will not be a "sequel in terms of story." Also, the game will not take place in Lordran. I realize that doesn't have any effect on where you WANT the sequel to take place, but it should be pointed out.

@John That's a fair point, but I think timing plays a big role. Miyazaki tweeted about dragon vehicles after the initial outcry from "better graphics and vehicles." His gods leave tweet wasn't really provoked by anything, and there's not much 'troll value' to it. Nobody's going to obsess over it like the pendant after the game is released.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:40 am

DE5PA1R wrote:...@animaal Shibuya has stated that DkS2 will not be a "sequel in terms of story." Also, the game will not take place in Lordran. I realize that doesn't have any effect on where you WANT the sequel to take place, but it should be pointed out...

I believe nothing at this point, and I'm so close to the pendant secret....just...one...more....test.....surely this is it......

Actually I dont really care lol. It could take place in modern day Japan and I'd be fine as long as it was a souls game.

I would like it to have a connection with the story in Dark Souls, but its definitely not required for me to enjoy the game I guess.

I was just being dramatically enthusiastic.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:37 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:...Why on earth would anyone want it to be Lordran, whether past or future? We already had Lordran, don't you want to see something entirely new and different...

I want it back. That is all. I want the same lore, I want my questions answered, ...
    ...and I want it done it in epic f@***** proportions man! cheers

I’m glad it’s a sequel. I don’t care if we time travel, have a nexus, or have whatever “flair” FROM wants (they deserve it)…I just want the same DkS/DeS I've come to love.

I say DkS/DeS because I'm glad Dark Souls wasnt all phuk@d up. It’s the same game style that, imo, is groundbreaking. However, its also DkS2 and not “Dead Souls” so I don’t look for the story to change too much. I think DkS was an obvious attempt of progressive game development. If they demonstrate how progressive of a company the really are, I'd look for Dark Souls 2 to be a great game to say the least.

I don’t want a cheap drawn out story about Astora, or some distant past ((5000 years)...well maybe that might be cool), or filler garbage lore, or some crazy idea that takes the game completely out of context, in some strange world that is not Dark Souls........If it was “Dead Souls” I’d be coooooo wit dat. But it aint so I'm not. silly

I want to know about more Dark Souls while I play Dark Souls on steroids (Dark Souls 2)....GET IT DONE FROM:) twisted

If DkS2 is in Lordran, it might help save time and resources that would otherwise be more valuable. Maybe put into mechanic engineering and online play, I’d be all for that. Who’s to say they don’t make 4 or 5 worlds outside/within Lordran as well done as the previous dlc???

I myself picked one of the 6% at this time (Lordran future), because I lean more towards sequel than prequel. I also don’t want to be restricted to one specific world and neither taken somewhere completely new altogether. I don't want a world where I don’t get to find out S & O are indeed "a thing", Salaman was actually Quelana’s something or other, etcetcetc.

If you take into consideration how well FROM has patched and critiqued its own monsterous development in order to satisfy some of even our most minor complaints………imo, you come to realize….....Dark Souls 2 is gonna be……… :affraid: ...no matter where it is.

Whatever the case may be, I vote in a world and a time frame I understand pertaining to Dark Souls. I believe Dark Souls could be one of the most interesting game storylines I've ever played, and find it EXTREMELY ironic that it was done in such a subtle way. I don't want that to change much either.

LOL what do you mean IF it is in Lordran. We already know it won't be.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Frank_White wrote:...LOL what do you mean IF it is in Lordran. We already know it won't be...

You asked why a person would want it to take place in Lordran past or future. I am that person, I just answered your question. It was the option on the poll I'd prefer.

However though, I did say I wouldn’t look for the story to change too much in my previous post. I meant to say that the entire game play and story (like Demon’s Souls compared to Dark Souls) wouldn’t change too much. I thought that was pretty clear...guess not.

Also, when I said If it was in Lordran, it was with a specific reference to why it would be a good idea, imo, from a company resource point of view.

The question of the poll is “where do you want". What they’ve said in interviews is almost irrelevant to the poll question.

I’d pick Lordran.
    voodoomonkey616
    voodoomonkey616

Post by voodoomonkey616 Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:29 pm

I'd pick a future Lordran, I'd just like a direct sequel. Just my preference.

Really the location doesn't matter to me that much, but I want it to be after DkS time wise. Even if it's not a continuation of, or directly tied to, the story in the first game, I would like the events of the first game to be mentioned or referenced somewhere at least.

gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:59 am

I voted Astora, because some of the most interesting characters are from there. We might learn something in Dark Souls II about the previous life of Andre, Anastacia, Solaire, and Oscar. And we know from the character creation screen that Astora has a royal family, and thus presumably some sort of palace, which could make for an interesting setting.

Vinheim would be a close second for me.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:34 am

Juutas wrote:I the new details it is said to be taken place in a "large cove by the sea"....go figure.

Yip, ive read that direct quote from Shibuya (or was it Miyazaki?) aswell, seems most people have missed it.

That sounds great to me, its fairly obvious there's gonna be much more to it than just a cove, but It already summons up images of scurvy infested hollows and makes me wonder how the rest of the world interlinks with the cove and the seascape. . . I cant wait to see that distinctive DS style running through one of my favourite settings. winner
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:43 pm

eminusx wrote:
    Juutas wrote:I the new details it is said to be taken place in a "large cove by the sea"....go figure.

Yip, ive read that direct quote from Shibuya (or was it Miyazaki?) aswell, seems most people have missed it.

That sounds great to me, its fairly obvious there's gonna be much more to it than just a cove, but It already summons up images of scurvy infested hollows and makes me wonder how the rest of the world interlinks with the cove and the seascape. . . I cant wait to see that distinctive DS style running through one of my favourite settings. winner

To the best of my knowledge, this was a mistranslation or misinterpretation of part of the Edge interview where Shibuya states they are exploring the idea of a seaside cove as a location in DkS2 and reveals the concept art. The article was split into several different parts and disseminated online in January, probably as a marketing ploy.

What we're looking at is a telephone game if the likes of GameInformer and IGN were the telephones.

The most recent images do seem to back up a naval/viking theme.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:28 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:...LOL what do you mean IF it is in Lordran. We already know it won't be...

You asked why a person would want it to take place in Lordran past or future. I am that person, I just answered your question. It was the option on the poll I'd prefer.

However though, I did say I wouldn’t look for the story to change too much in my previous post. I meant to say that the entire game play and story (like Demon’s Souls compared to Dark Souls) wouldn’t change too much. I thought that was pretty clear...guess not.

Also, when I said If it was in Lordran, it was with a specific reference to why it would be a good idea, imo, from a company resource point of view.

The question of the poll is “where do you want". What they’ve said in interviews is almost irrelevant to the poll question.

I’d pick Lordran.

Sure, your earlier reply was just way too long to read so I only replied back to the "if it is in Lordran".
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:37 pm

Frank_White wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:

I’d pick Lordran.

Sure, your earlier reply was just way too long to read so I only replied back to the "if it is in Lordran".

I would then recommend reading a person's entire post before replying then. Or at least say something like, "To reply in partial" or something of that nature. That would help clear up any confusion imo.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:32 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    I would then recommend reading a person's entire post before replying then. Or at least say something like, "To reply in partial" or something of that nature. That would help clear up any confusion imo.

Well it should be kind of obvious I was only replying to the "if in Lordran" part since it's the only part I answered.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:09 pm