Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Brokewilly
Serious_Much
TonyDamajer
Gol
Yesuurd
strangejoy
Back Lot Basher
11 posters

Goofiest invader I've ever come across

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Goofiest invader I've ever come across Empty Goofiest invader I've ever come across

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:28 pm

I still have no clue as to what this guy's mindset was, whether he was just being a dink, or actually had no clue what was going on during his invasion. I just finished this dex build, and I was waiting alone in the forest for invaders. I get a message that I'd been invaded. At least 5 minutes passed, and no sign of him. So I started clearing out the forest hunters and looking around, figuring maybe he was away from his controller when the ring summoned him.

Anyway, after some searching I noticed a tree in that area on the right just before you reach the ents. It looked kind of odd, so I gave it a swipe. Guy jumps out of his Chameleon spell and nails me with a lightning sword. I got myself set for a fight, when all of a sudden this dude, wearing that goofy Catarina armor, starts running like a fat kid trying to flee a wedgie. I mean he was really running, not even looking back. Went all the way through to the the slope down to Sif's door. When I caught up, I hit him with a backstab and killed him.

It was like he didn't even know he was supposed to be the one attacking me. One theory is that he had joined the forest hunters for the first time, but had no clue how it worked. Wondered if maybe when he got summoned by the ring, he thought for some reason he was actually being invaded.

Anyway, I wish I could have video captured him running like a madman in that armor.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Goofiest invader I've ever come across Empty Re: Goofiest invader I've ever come across

Post by strangejoy Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Maybe he was hoping another invader would join him? That seems to be how a lot of people operate (gangbang or bust).
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Goofiest invader I've ever come across Empty Re: Goofiest invader I've ever come across

Post by Yesuurd Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Been there many times, they do that to gain souls of other phantoms who die and they have no pvp experience whatsoever.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:04 pm

These last days in the forest I got invaded by those guys who wait to be summoned by the ring, naked with fog ring, waiting for others to invade and do the job, then get the souls.

When it wasn't that type of guy it was the type who run away until an other member of the covenant comes and then gang up on you with his buddy.

Then there's the traditional BS fisher and the famous flippin tank.
    lol
    About flippin tanks, I summoned one (Yeah I summoned a flippin tank but there's flippin tanks invaders too so it was equal) and was planning on takin turns on the fights and if they were 2 invaders then both go to fight but anyway the guy was a total noob, even when I cleaned the forest before the invasions if I didn't flasked the guy would've died against the mobs, I got the proof that the majority of those guys play like that cause they suck at pvp, they're hoping that the stats and the equipments are gonna do the job for them.
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:05 pm

Yesuurd wrote:Been there many times, they do that to gain souls of other phantoms who die and they have no pvp experience whatsoever.
    pretty much this

they hide till someone else kills you becouse they get the rewards too
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Sounds like a guy desperate for back up and a meat shield to hide behind/do it for him.

least was one of those instead of a laggy hornet BS guy silly
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:38 pm

I changed my whole outfit, getting even more hardcore at the forest, habe blak iron leggings and gauntlets and the pardoners robe with no helmet, so now I have 335physical defense my darkwoodgrain and hornet, so no one can say I can't be flippin with my outfit and also only 36 poise, I will die alot ohh crap but I think it will train me better in a way let's see...
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:12 pm

Interesting observations...I've never done much with the forest covenant, so I wasn't really up on all these tactics. Either way, it was hilarious to see him chugging for Sif's door.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:25 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:I still have no clue as to what this guy's mindset was, whether he was just being a dink, or actually had no clue what was going on during his invasion. I just finished this dex build, and I was waiting alone in the forest for invaders. I get a message that I'd been invaded. At least 5 minutes passed, and no sign of him. So I started clearing out the forest hunters and looking around, figuring maybe he was away from his controller when the ring summoned him.

Anyway, after some searching I noticed a tree in that area on the right just before you reach the ents. It looked kind of odd, so I gave it a swipe. Guy jumps out of his Chameleon spell and nails me with a lightning sword. I got myself set for a fight, when all of a sudden this dude, wearing that goofy Catarina armor, starts running like a fat kid trying to flee a wedgie. I mean he was really running, not even looking back. Went all the way through to the the slope down to Sif's door. When I caught up, I hit him with a backstab and killed him.

It was like he didn't even know he was supposed to be the one attacking me. One theory is that he had joined the forest hunters for the first time, but had no clue how it worked. Wondered if maybe when he got summoned by the ring, he thought for some reason he was actually being invaded.

Anyway, I wish I could have video captured him running like a madman in that armor.

This is so embarassing - man we really need an injection of some true fighters in the forest covenant. I know we get our butts beat down alot of times and it can be demoralizing- but this is simply ridiculous. If I had invaded the forest and saw this I would have definitely PM this guy and told him your forest hunter card has been revoked forever!!!!

What is a loyal forest hunter to do with convenant members like this?😢
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:30 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    Back Lot Basher wrote:I still have no clue as to what this guy's mindset was, whether he was just being a dink, or actually had no clue what was going on during his invasion. I just finished this dex build, and I was waiting alone in the forest for invaders. I get a message that I'd been invaded. At least 5 minutes passed, and no sign of him. So I started clearing out the forest hunters and looking around, figuring maybe he was away from his controller when the ring summoned him.

This is so embarassing - man we really need an injection of some true fighters in the forest covenant. I know we get our butts beat down alot of times and it can be demoralizing- but this is simply ridiculous. If I had invaded the forest and saw this I would have definitely PM this guy and told him your forest hunter card has been revoked forever!!!!

maybe i should join it again, i left the covenant because i wanted to be a sunbro. but if it is this bad then i need to come back. time to kick some farmers *sses twisted
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:17 pm

hellooo wrote:
    Brokewilly wrote:

maybe i should join it again, i left the covenant because i wanted to be a sunbro. but if it is this bad then i need to come back. time to kick some farmers *sses twisted

Come on back to the fold - Alvina misses you;) - seriously though we can always use the help. All I ask from any forest hunter is to give 100% during the fight - retreat or regroup if needed but don't just flat out runaway. I have run from a bang before but it was always to improve my tactical situation. In fact one of my tactics is so crazy that when I use it the host (and minions) are like WTF!! It usually ends very badly for the camper (I kill them, environment kills them, they disconnect or they kill themselves) if he has the "minerals" to follow me.

"The art of using troops is this: If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing; And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him, ..for a small force is but booty for one more powerful.” – Sun Tzu
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:18 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    hellooo wrote:
    Brokewilly wrote:

Come on back to the fold - Alvina misses you;) - seriously though we can always use the help. All I ask from any forest hunter is to give 100% during the fight - retreat or regroup if needed but don't just flat out runaway. I have run from a bang before but it was always to improve my tactical situation. In fact one of my tactics is so crazy that when I use it the host (and minions) are like WTF!! It usually ends very badly for the camper (I kill them, environment kills them, they disconnect or they kill themselves) if he has the "minerals" to follow me.

"The art of using troops is this: If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing; And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him, ..for a small force is but booty for one more powerful.” – Sun Tzu

Mushroom parents and sonic the cats are really handy.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:03 pm

All of this nonsense is why I became a forest Darkwraith. I still consider myself a Forest Hunter at heart, but when I see naked blue phantoms loitering about or a blue phantom trying to get me to engage in 2v1 against a lone host, I simply kill them now. If they want to engage in 2v2, now that's a different story. I'll help my outnumbered forest brethren any time.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:35 pm

TonyDamajer wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:Been there many times, they do that to gain souls of other phantoms who die and they have no pvp experience whatsoever.
    pretty much this

they hide till someone else kills you becouse they get the rewards too

Everytime I'm on the forest and I'm invaded, if they don't show up, I break ALL the trees in the area. Just in case. I also kill the Tree-men if I have the time.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:48 pm

Brokewilly wrote:

I love this reply.

It's too bad there wasn't some sort of system for guaranteed 2 vs 2 fights. Crazy dynamics at work with those.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:42 pm

I'm rejoining forest cov too. I die a lot but at least I show up for the fights and often make them waste a bunch of flasks and humanity. Tried out DMB but it's not the same. Going to make it official by waxing gwyndolin for sunlight blade.

Part of what makes the forest fun is that every 10-15 fights or so one of the other forest cov members who appears is an awesome fighter who just wipes the floor with the host and his havel minions. My favorite was hitting the host and 2 summons with a bunch of poison/toxic spells, and seeing this other forest cov guy flip right into the clouds. When it cleared he had killed everyone. It was like playing with Batman.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:49 pm

befowler wrote:I'm rejoining forest cov too. I die a lot but at least I show up for the fights and often make them waste a bunch of flasks and humanity. Tried out DMB but it's not the same. Going to make it official by waxing gwyndolin for sunlight blade.

Part of what makes the forest fun is that every 10-15 fights or so one of the other forest cov members who appears is an awesome fighter who just wipes the floor with the host and his havel minions. My favorite was hitting the host and 2 summons with a bunch of poison/toxic spells, and seeing this other forest cov guy flip right into the clouds. When it cleared he had killed everyone. It was like playing with Batman.

Now that is what I'm talking about cheers !!! Use your head when fighting, especially when you are outnumbered (obviously if you are ganked right when you invade then just go down swinging but keep trying to improve the defensive/offensive advantage in your favor). That was a beautiful smoke screen tactic you used to obscure the other hunter's attacks and also his quick thinking to immediately use the advantage with a deadly result - I commend you both sir. Bow

You are in all likelihood the main reason the both of you came out on top and you did not even have to get your blade dirty. happy.

I agree with you completely it is nothing like invading with another hunter who can handle themselves. All I ever ask from the other hunter is they keep their opponent occupied and be ready to trade-up if either one of us is being double-teamed. This single tactic alone is how I have come out on top when another "quality" hunter invades with me. The most memorable (and the first time it has happened to me) invasion yet is when I invaded at the exactly the same time (right in the area with Alvina) with another hunter who clearly was a spell-caster and he/she immediately did that buff dance with the Trident.I was like sweet twisted(I heard this increases attack power by like 95%)!! I started to buff the old trusty blade and before I could even get a chance to use this new found "super power" the caster had already engaged the host and killed him with two Crystal Soul spears. I was like wait, what just happened :shock: ?!

Come on back home - Alvina has promised to cook you something really tasty. Sorry for the long post guys - taking off the recruiter hat now.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:40 pm

Wow, you guys are doing a great job selling the praises of the FC. I'm starting to think I'd like to bring my game there.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:12 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:Wow, you guys are doing a great job selling the praises of the FC. I'm starting to think I'd like to bring my game there.

Hell yeah Goofiest invader I've ever come across 558843162

Brokewilly is a tireless recruiter -- one of Alvina's finest servants.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:34 pm

strangejoy wrote:
    Back Lot Basher wrote:Wow, you guys are doing a great job selling the praises of the FC. I'm starting to think I'd like to bring my game there.

Must be the grade-A catnip he/she spreads around to keep morale high 8)
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:23 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:
    strangejoy wrote:

Must be the grade-A catnip he/she spreads around to keep morale high 8)

Oh yes - Alvina's catnip bisque is very lovely lol

But on a serious note - 'Back Lot Basher' like I tell anyone who desires consistent battles against all types of builds under the worst possible conditions - being a hunter is the way to go (you can at least do it for short time to gain the experience doing 3v1,2v1,2v2,1v1v1,etc). Also, every once in a while you get a crazy surprise as a hunter. Just this morning I invaded the forest with another hunter (INT build since it looked like they were armed with a MGS) and found a lone host (Darkwraith armor, B knife, and dark hand) standing in front of Alvina's house. So we both spread out and I take the first shot at him (I'm thinking he is either a parry master or BS artist with this set-up) - I hit the guy like three times with no affect. So I keep whacking at him and suddenly wouldn't you know it - I get parried. So I get back-up and roll away, pop a soul and say okay this guy is not even damaged. The host suddenly does the prostration bow turns around and jumps of the cliff - I get like 1 million souls :shock: !!. The guy PMs me and said it did not look like we wanted to fight - well yeah since you just parried my butt, being cool 8) as a cucumber is now on the menu! I PM'd him back saying sorry for being so cautious after the parry and that I will be more aggressive next time. He PMs me back saying he had infinite health and 1 trillion souls in his pocket(basically he's a hacker) and he doesn't play with that toon much and wanted to donate some souls. Just another crazy invasion in the forest - the unpredictability of the covenant will have you laughing sometimes.

strangejoy - thanks for the shout out - nuff respect due to you Bow !!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:01 pm