Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
FullSpe3D
gmwdim
Oh_the_Humanity
EeAyEss
Samurainova
Serious_Much
WandererReece
dsg78gaming
Peaceful Wollyhop
steveswede
Xskulled
Sloth9230
Myztyrio
GrinTwist
retro
TheAshenPhantom
Ashran
Animaaal
Carphil
reim0027
LunarFog
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Odinbear
27 posters

Do you indict invaders

Poll

Do you indict invaders

[ 9 ]
    Do you indict invaders I_vote_lcap19%Do you indict invaders I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 31 ]
    Do you indict invaders I_vote_lcap65%Do you indict invaders I_vote_rcap [65%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Do you indict invaders I_vote_lcap16%Do you indict invaders I_vote_rcap [16%] 

Total Votes: 48
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Do you indict invaders Empty Do you indict invaders

Post by Odinbear Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:59 pm

Ok, one of my other posts, someone said nobody indicts anymore.
    I know I do, unless I'm waiting to be invaded to duel. Then I do not.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Do you indict invaders Empty Re: Do you indict invaders

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:07 am

I don't but it's not for any real reason. I just forget to buy indictments. :oops:
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:16 am

I don't lose to invaders.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:17 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I don't but it's not for any real reason. I just forget to buy indictments. :oops:
    Me too. I'm not sure if an Indictment is supposed to be a punishment. I like them. More PvP for me.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:22 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I don't but it's not for any real reason. I just forget to buy indictments. :oops:
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:53 am

Sometimes....just shy of half. Sometimes I forget, but I always indict that super smooth person
    who caused a super awesome death. Duel

I send them a message saying, "InnnnDIEDededed!!!! happy gg".
    Some of my friends are friends I made through indictments.

I usually remember to indict the "honor brigade". Bow

Sometimes I've even apologized for not indicting someone.

I do not indict "twinks".....EVER. Look Skyward

If you one shot kill me with anything, you do not get an indictment. I want your pvp world to be a wasteland. Sleep

I know bullying a bully might be warranted in some cases. But I'd rather give someone who enjoys the dueling aspect as much action as possible, even if it is a lvl 407 DMB.
    Chances are the indictee is probably immune to the souls rage quit anyway. I'm sure they'd enjoy the action on a slow day, or at odd hours, and/or at "different" soul levels while building a character. I know I do.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:03 am

> Dark Bead spammer invades. One-shot kills me. Indictment in your arse.

> Cool invader waits till i handle some npcs to attack me (im not saying even bowing or honor stuff) and kill me in a cool fight. I dont indict.

> Stupid guy does something that pisses me off? Indict him, then try to invade him with my darkmoon.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:16 am

LunarFog wrote:I don't lose to invaders.

lol! You got a down rep? When I read it Lunar, I thought...

Joy YAAAA!!!! B*******!!!!! *wishes to myself I said that
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 am

If I'm looking for a duel then I wont indict. If your just gonna fish me for bs or spam wog all day I'm more likely to indict you. Otherwise I'm not really bothered with it.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:40 am

I like to indict as often as I can - regardless if the match was fulfilling or not. I want to increase the chance that others (Darkmoons) will have a successful invasion attempt.

I know some people like to reward players who fight well with indictments (because to them, having their rank increased in the Book of the Guilty is a good thing)... but I hope people aren't too picky with giving them out, because in a way that punishes two people for the actions of one.

Imo, everyone should indict frequently. happy
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:45 am

I invade for your indictments.

I normally have to get indictments from a host that has a phantom, most other people don't indict except for one or two people. I think it's because I don't do cheap tactics often, I normally just go for a duel and only backstab if the host heals or there is a phantom.

As far as indicting other players goes, no I never do it. It's really because I've never bothered to buy any indictments.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:19 am

Sometimes, but I generally do not. I only do if they were particularly ***-ish.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:21 am

Myztyrio wrote:Sometimes, but I generally do not. I only do if they were particularly ***-ish.

Stop doing it, our positions on the BOG are a point of pride for most of us silly
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:11 am

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Myztyrio wrote:Sometimes, but I generally do not. I only do if they were particularly ***-ish.

Stop doing it, our positions on the BOG are a point of pride for most of us silly

So you mean to say that you think I'm giving points to people who don't deserve it?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:05 am

Myztyrio wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:

So you mean to say that you think I'm giving points to people who don't deserve it?

Exactly. They want to climb higher in the BOG, don't give them what they want!
    Xskulled
    Xskulled
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xskulled Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:56 am

I only indict after a 'good' fight by my standards.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:17 am

I do it all the time so Darkmoons get to invade more people. Just remember that if you don't indict because of your spite, then the only people that lose out are the Darkmoons which also means you if you want to get a particular spell. Darkwraiths won't be affected one bit so not indicting because you don't want invaders to rise in the book of the guilty is silly.
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Peaceful Wollyhop Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:06 am

Gotta give the D.Blades a job

Edit: Did not read above post before writing mine : S
    dsg78gaming
    dsg78gaming
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dsg78gaming Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:19 am

I only indict if they laggstab or use twop, other than that I want them to invade all part of the fun happy
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:22 am

steveswede wrote:I do it all the time so Darkmoons get to invade more people. Just remember that if you don't indict because of your spite, then the only people that lose out are the Darkmoons which also means you if you want to get a particular spell. Darkwraiths won't be affected one bit so not indicting because you don't want invaders to rise in the book of the guilty is silly.

That is not true.

Indictments do not enable anyone to invade. A darkmoon will still invade regardless.(see post #23) All the indictments do is redirect traffic.

This practice will not hinder (might slightly hinder, see post #23)one from use of the Darkmoon Covenant, but only inflence whom that DMB will invade.

Last edited by Animaaal on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:01 am

Animaaal wrote:
    steveswede wrote:I do it all the time so Darkmoons get to invade more people. Just remember that if you don't indict because of your spite, then the only people that lose out are the Darkmoons which also means you if you want to get a particular spell. Darkwraiths won't be affected one bit so not indicting because you don't want invaders to rise in the book of the guilty is silly.

That is not true.

Indictments do not enable anyone to invade. A darkmoon will still invade regardless. All the indictments do is redirect traffic.

This practice will not hinder one from use of the Darkmoon Covenant, but only inflence whom that DMB will invade.

If nobody used indictments, the covenant is good enough dead. Having sin while playing in PvP hotspots guarantees me being invaded by Darkmoons. When I've had zero sin for a character in a PvP hotspot, I do not get invaded by them. I think it's common knowledge that if you want to PvP then it's best to be a Darkwraith or a Forest hunter because you will be spending more time trying to invade as a Darkmoon.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:19 am

steveswede wrote:If nobody used indictments, the covenant is good enough dead. Having sin while playing in PvP hotspots guarantees me being invaded by Darkmoons. When I've had zero sin for a character in a PvP hotspot, I do not get invaded by them. I think it's common knowledge that if you want to PvP then it's best to be a Darkwraith or a Forest hunter because you will be spending more time trying to invade as a Darkmoon.

You do not have to have sin in order to be invaded by a Darkmoon.(debateable via color switch glitch, see post #23) There have been plenty of threads about this, and has even been editted into the wiki.

I can say for a fact that I've seen an invasion by a Darkmoon Blade invading omeone without sin. I thought this was common knowledge as well.(might be a rumor via post #23)

Sometimes it doesn't take long at all to invade as a DMB. The only thing that adds time to the invasion is the cycling process. Which can very well become "looped" in the process. Just like being stuck in limbo while hosting in the forest.

Saying that being selective with your incdictments will hinder the covenant is simply not true.

***edit***
    You also do not need sin in order to be invaded, as your indictments are account bound.

Last edited by Animaaal on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:44 pm

Animaaal wrote:You do not have to have sin in order to be invaded by a Darkmoon. There have been plenty of threads about this, and has even been editted into the wiki.

I checked the darkmoon part of the wiki, and it states darkmoons can only invade people that have sined.

The rumor started because of 2 things.

1) Absolving Sins remove all sins except indictments.

2) Color switch glitch. Sometimes reds appear as Darkmoons.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:10 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:You do not have to have sin in order to be invaded by a Darkmoon. There have been plenty of threads about this, and has even been editted into the wiki.

I checked the darkmoon part of the wiki, and it states darkmoons can only invade people that have sined.

The rumor started because of 2 things.

1) Absolving Sins remove all sins except indictments.

2) Color switch glitch. Sometimes reds appear as Darkmoons.

Hmmmm. I have witnessed a darkmoon invasion without the host having any sin or indictments. I did not however, consider the color switch glitch.

I will edit my post as it gives way to the post I rebutted. My apologies.

***edit***
    My indictment policies remain unchanged however.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:28 pm

If a player doesn't have any PvE sin (which isn't logged in the book of the guilty like indictment sin, like killing NPCs or breaking certain covenants), then they can only be invaded by Darkmoon invaders if they have indictment sin logged in the book*.

This means rewarding indictments can and does help the success rate of Darkmoon invasions, even if the effect is minor. Players who request absolution only absolve their PvE sin, meaning indictment sin will be the only remaining way to invade them.

Additionally, the indictment sin count is reduced by 1 each time a Darkmoon invader kills the host. This means that it's good to reward multiple indictments to a player as often as possible, because there's no guarantee they'll always have 1 or more sin to open them for invasions. I tested this as I watched a character with ~15 sin see somewhat frequent Darkmoon invasions in the Kiln, whittle down to zero - and then the invasions stopped coming. Then having PvE sin opened me up to invasions again, but they were MUCH less frequent than when I had ~15 sin.

Indict often. Indict always (except for hackers). happy

*Unsure if special rules apply to Dark Anor Londo...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:16 am