Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
FullSpe3D
gmwdim
Oh_the_Humanity
EeAyEss
Samurainova
Serious_Much
WandererReece
dsg78gaming
Peaceful Wollyhop
steveswede
Xskulled
Sloth9230
Myztyrio
GrinTwist
retro
TheAshenPhantom
Ashran
Animaaal
Carphil
reim0027
LunarFog
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Odinbear
27 posters

Do you indict invaders

Poll

Do you indict invaders

[ 9 ]
    Do you indict invaders - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Do you indict invaders - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 31 ]
    Do you indict invaders - Page 2 I_vote_lcap65%Do you indict invaders - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [65%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Do you indict invaders - Page 2 I_vote_lcap16%Do you indict invaders - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [16%] 

Total Votes: 48
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Do you indict invaders - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you indict invaders

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:49 pm

Hmmmm...I'm starting to change my mind a little, especially since I've been under the assumption Darkmoons can invade regardless. I was always aware of what the wiki said, I just thought it was incorrect like other miniscule details throughout this game.

I guess there's no real way to tell if an invader is going to be a camper is there?

I'm undecided now. Whats the arguement for fueling the leader board? I mean not all DMB are going to be good, and in that case you could just be giving someone with objectionable playstyles a benefit from said playstyles.

I always thought by restricting some of my indictments, I would be helping to ensure "worthy" players connecting with each other while at the same time helping "worthy" players climb the leaderboard as opposed to the griefers.

I'm unsure now... :?:

Thanks for the clarifications.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:03 pm

If I'm hosting and i get a good duel, I give them an indiction, **** get nothing.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:04 pm

steveswede wrote:Darkwraiths won't be affected one bit

U'hmmm, who do you think the the DM's are invading again? :roll: What do I care about DM's anyway? DM's tend to be the people who behave the worst, I should be able to indict those bastards too. Obviously there are also good DMs, but they're severely outnumbered by the bad ones. They don't even drop humanity, which makes them completely useless to me.

As a FH, every indictment to me are the QQ's of some butt hurt ganker. It's a point of pride to me, and I know it's the same for others. I don't want to be associated with all the scumbags though. Hey look, this guy is # 2000 in the BOG; he must be a real D-bag.

Edit: The only good thing about indicting D-bags is that it eventually becomes D-bags vs D-bags silly
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:39 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    I'm undecided now. Whats the arguement for fueling the leader board? I mean not all DMB are going to be good, and in that case you could just be giving someone with objectionable playstyles a benefit from said playstyles.

I always thought by restricting some of my indictments, I would be helping to ensure "worthy" players connecting with each other while at the same time helping "worthy" players climb the leaderboard as opposed to the griefers.
    This is a fair point. Not all DMB are going to be nice players either, and perhaps you want to reward the good players with more PvP as opposed to the... **** ones. winking

I guess my biggest reason is that I like to give other players the benefit of the doubt, and one of my biggest in-game grievances is the number of failed invasion attempts a lot of us sit through. I see anything to reduce the number of failed invasion attempts as a priority for improving the overall online experience, even if it means being paired with players of poor sportsmanship.

But in the end, we're just a group of people on a messageboard, so it doesn't matter that much. I don't think it'd be possible to really influence the general way indictments are rewarded by the overall online community, so these are just my thoughts.
    cheers
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:02 pm

I'm kind of in agreement with the guy you were referring to. I honestly just don't see a pooint in indicting players anymore due to the hacked player in BOG. Some people argue that most KNOW who the so called "True" elite in the BOG but I highly doubt it, many don't even look at BOG let alone pay attention to the elite when they do.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Serious_Much wrote:If I'm hosting and i get a good duel, I give them an indiction, **** get nothing.

Can I ask WHY?
    I do just the opposite, a good fair duel gets NO indictment, but cheap tactics, bragging through gestures, glitches, etc.. will certainly get indicted. ( invade and kill order established for the DMB). Makes no sense not to indict the " worst " or the real sinners. The system of indictments aids PVP activity, to not use it hinders PVP. Maybe the system needs automation, especially since some don't even purchase an indictment. Especially if a Covenent somewhat depends on people using them. Whatcha think?
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:44 pm

Do you indict invaders - Page 2 Indict10
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:39 pm

^ Why are covering up Opra's face? Do you think she's ugly?
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:41 pm

lol
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:25 pm

Wait, Oprah now gives out cars AND indictments?!?!?!

**** man!!! Everyone plays this game now!!!! :affraid:

DARK SOULS IS king !!!

WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:29 pm

^ Indictments are Opera's favorite things lol!
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:41 pm

LunarFog wrote:I don't lose to invaders.

This is the correct answer^^ Well What is it
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:57 am

When I found out that you only need to have 1 indictment and that it doesn't get consumed, I went to Oswald to ask for a refund on the other 98. He refused, and during the heated argument that ensued, I ended up putting a knife through his back. Now the Darkmoons won't leave me alone, even though I'm one of them. sad
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:18 am

gmwdim wrote:When I found out that you only need to have 1 indictment and that it doesn't get consumed, I went to Oswald to ask for a refund on the other 98. He refused, and during the heated argument that ensued, I ended up putting a knife through his back. Now the Darkmoons won't leave me alone, even though I'm one of them. sad

lol!
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:28 am

Sloth9230 wrote:
    steveswede wrote:Darkwraiths won't be affected one bit

U'hmmm, who do you think the the DM's are invading again? :roll: What do I care about DM's anyway? DM's tend to be the people who behave the worst, I should be able to indict those bastards too. Obviously there are also good DMs, but they're severely outnumbered by the bad ones. They don't even drop humanity, which makes them completely useless to me.

As a FH, every indictment to me are the QQ's of some butt hurt ganker. It's a point of pride to me, and I know it's the same for others. I don't want to be associated with all the scumbags though. Hey look, this guy is # 2000 in the BOG; he must be a real D-bag.

Edit: The only good thing about indicting D-bags is that it eventually becomes D-bags vs D-bags silly

I don't care if someone's a douchebag or the nicest person ever. I care about making PvP very active. If you don't indict because your opponent doesn't fit with your code then Darkmoon PvP is affected. If everyone stopped indictments then the covenant would be as dead as the Dragon covenant.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:35 am

gmwdim wrote:When I found out that you only need to have 1 indictment and that it doesn't get consumed, I went to Oswald to ask for a refund on the other 98. He refused, and during the heated argument that ensued, I ended up putting a knife through his back. Now the Darkmoons won't leave me alone, even though I'm one of them. sad

Darkmoons can get invaded by darkmoons!? Do you indict invaders - Page 2 3596227959
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:15 pm

yes.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:25 pm

^ That doesn't make sense.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:27 pm

Happens to me all the time. Darkmoons can be sinners, too.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:03 pm

steveswede wrote:I don't care if someone's a douchebag or the nicest person ever. I care about making PvP very active. If you don't indict because your opponent doesn't fit with your code then Darkmoon PvP is affected. If everyone stopped indictments then the covenant would be as dead as the Dragon covenant.

Hmmm, I'm starting to rethink my strategy because of this.

Does anyone think that people will sin anyway, so indictments might not have as much influence as we might think, therefore being selective about your indictment process could very well have thedesired effect of maintaining pvp activity for people we deem "worthy"? I hate using that word that way.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:09 pm

steveswede wrote:

I don't care if someone's a douchebag or the nicest person ever. I care about making PvP very active. If you don't indict because your opponent doesn't fit with your code then Darkmoon PvP is affected. If everyone stopped indictments then the covenant would be as dead as the Dragon covenant.

Newsflash: Darkmoons are already out of a job, they've been kicked out of the sequel.

It's not my job to keep a covenant alive anyway, or should I just indict everyone so D-moons can have something to do? Even if they can't invade, they can still host. I've seen plenty of hosts with the darkmoon blade miracle. Not everyone has to be the invader y'know :roll:

I'm glad you mentioned the Dragon Covenant though. As it is, every other covenant screws them out of PVP. So then why do I have to improve PVP conditions for D-moons? Answer is, I don't. If a covenant sucks, then a covenant sucks. There's no way around that.

You're obviously an Invader, so if you want D-moons to have more PVP then why don't you host and hand out indictments yourself?

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:18 pm

On a side note: Do you know why D-moons get so many failed invasions? Because the people that they can invade, are busy invading others. So being a D-moon will always suck, regardless of how much I indict, unless all invaders decide to start hosting.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:23 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Newsflash: Darkmoons are already out of a job, they've been kicked out of the sequel.

Newsflash: Some of us don't want to know about the sequel. :evil:
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:24 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:Newsflash: Darkmoons are already out of a job, they've been kicked out of the sequel.

Newsflash: Some of us don't want to know about the sequel. :evil:

lol... my bad silly
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:38 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    steveswede wrote:

Newsflash: Darkmoons are already out of a job, they've been kicked out of the sequel.

It's not my job to keep a covenant alive anyway, or should I just indict everyone so D-moons can have something to do? Even if they can't invade, they can still host. I've seen plaenty of hosts with the darkmoon blade miracle. Not everyone has to be the invader y'know :roll:

I'm glad you mentioned the Dragon Covenant though. As it is, every other covenant screws them out of PVP. So then why do I have to improve PVP conditions for D-moons? Answer is, I don't. If a covenant sucks, then a covenant sucks. There's no way around that.

You're obviously an Invader, so if you want D-moons to have more PVP then why don't you host and hand out indictments yourself?

I ain't saying you should, but I'm of the opinion that if you don't give indictments because you didn't like someone's PvP attitude, then that's just silly. All that's saying is that you've brought your personal agenda into the field. I want the online section to be as active as possible so I give out indictments to anyone who defeats me, even if they're being the biggest douche in the universe. I leave my agenda out of the field.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:57 pm