Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
mugenis4real
TheAshenPhantom
LunarFog
SirPatrick
8 posters

Dusk of Oocile thinks you look like Artorias - Secret?

SirPatrick
    SirPatrick

Dusk of Oocile thinks you look like Artorias - Secret? Empty Dusk of Oocile thinks you look like Artorias - Secret?

Post by SirPatrick Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:22 am

I'm in the NG+ playthrough, I've defeated all bosses except Gwyn, I went to Dusk of Oocile and she said I had a semblance to Artorias, now I wonder if I am dressed in Armour, sheild and sword or artorias and go see Lord Blade Ciaran at artorias grave whether she will think I am artorias... but I killed her... before seeing and killing Ciaran I dressed up like artorias but nothing, next playthrough I'll see dusk of Oocile first after defeating all bosses then go see Ciaran when I have artorias' soul and try then. Will she think I am artorias if I am dressed like him with all his armour, sheild, sword and soul?
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dusk of Oocile thinks you look like Artorias - Secret? Empty Re: Dusk of Oocile thinks you look like Artorias - Secret?

Post by LunarFog Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:22 am

It's possible, but highly unlikely because she's praying for him at a gravestone that wasn't there before. So she most likely built it herself.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dusk of Oocile thinks you look like Artorias - Secret? Empty Re: Dusk of Oocile thinks you look like Artorias - Secret?

Post by TheAshenPhantom Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:49 am

She's actually refering to that she sense someone in the abyss when she was free from Manus and that she thought it was Artorias since according to legend he stopped the Abyss. She states that her vision and such was dulled at first but she could still sense someone, who happens to be us, the chosen Undead. Elizabeth clears it up better for you. And even Dusk clears it up when she realizes that it was not Artorias that had saved her like she thought, but that it was you.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:01 am

So basically your awesome and Artorias is a weak sauce punk 8)
    SirPatrick
    SirPatrick

Post by SirPatrick Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:38 am

LunarFog wrote:It's possible, but highly unlikely because she's praying for him at a gravestone that wasn't there before. So she most likely built it herself.

When you talk to blacksmith andres after killing all the bosses (except gwyn) he talks about a gravestone in the darkroot garden, so I think that would be present time. Is that maybe the one near sif? I can't remember if there is a grave there or not. But I wonder if there is a new grave for artorias in present time.

Last edited by SirPatrick on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    SirPatrick
    SirPatrick

Post by SirPatrick Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:41 am

TheAshenPhantom wrote:She's actually refering to that she sense someone in the abyss when she was free from Manus and that she thought it was Artorias since according to legend he stopped the Abyss. She states that her vision and such was dulled at first but she could still sense someone, who happens to be us, the chosen Undead. Elizabeth clears it up better for you. And even Dusk clears it up when she realizes that it was not Artorias that had saved her like she thought, but that it was you.

well, that could make sense..... she mutters something about something that might be of use to me/you... are you sure? Andres talks about a grave stone in darkroot garden that I wonder if it is the same gravestone that ciaran kneels at.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:32 am

It is believed that darkroot forest=Oolacile.

So yeah the grave in front of Ciaran,and the grave Sif protects are the same.

Note the hornet ring which belonged to Ciaran can be found behind present grave.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:27 am

vatar5 wrote:It is believed that darkroot forest=Oolacile.
    Just gonna sya this is confirmed, not believed.

Also Andre's line about the grave can be said anytime.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:20 am

Dough,where is your avatar from? :shock:

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:24 am

A friend drew it for me big grin
    kaa0skrisse
    kaa0skrisse

Post by kaa0skrisse Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:35 am

Note the hornet ring which belonged to Ciaran can be found behind present grave.

Actually the place where Sif is in the present time is the same place that Elizabeth is in the past, so the grave spots are not the same. Ciaran is where "you" kill Artorias and she has just done a little act of remembrance there. At the present time Artorias is buried elsewhere.

But, what I wonder is, has anyone tried offering Artorias's soul to Sif? Dropping it right in front of the grave in the present, or even dropping it mid-fight with Sif for example when Sif starts to limp?

It could be worth a try.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:41 am

Sif's boss room is actually Oolacile Sanctuary where Elizabeth is. Note the bridge outside the Sanctuary and before Sif's room. Identical.
    SirPatrick
    SirPatrick

Post by SirPatrick Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:19 pm

kaa0skrisse wrote:

Actually the place where Sif is in the present time is the same place that Elizabeth is in the past, so the grave spots are not the same. Ciaran is where "you" kill Artorias and she has just done a little act of remembrance there. At the present time Artorias is buried elsewhere.

But, what I wonder is, has anyone tried offering Artorias's soul to Sif? Dropping it right in front of the grave in the present, or even dropping it mid-fight with Sif for example when Sif starts to limp?

It could be worth a try.

That sounds pretty deep, you ever found a drop point except for snuggly?
    kaa0skrisse
    kaa0skrisse

Post by kaa0skrisse Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:02 am

SirPatrick wrote:
    kaa0skrisse wrote:

It could be worth a try.

That sounds pretty deep, you ever found a drop point except for snuggly?

Not found a drop-point no, but neither have I had time to really explore during Sif-fight either winking Will still try to drop the soul in front of the grave next time I fight him. Probably insta-death strike to the back while navigating the menus heh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:41 am