Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
DxV04
nsane32
zRegulas9z
7 posters

Gravelord invasion?

zRegulas9z
    zRegulas9z

Gravelord invasion? Empty Gravelord invasion?

Post by zRegulas9z Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:04 am

I was at the depths bonfire (human) figured id farm the blobs for a while get some large shards, i was sitting at the bonfire reinforcing equipment when bloke randomly stood up and was unable to activate bonfire, figured okay invasion or delayed kindling from where someone else in the world kindled their bonfire (been happening rather frequently where bonfire looks like its unlit and you cant interact with it) but yeah 20minutes later nothing still cant activate it, so i quit leave it watch an episode of house (amazing pogram ha) load game back up message appears 'something something returns after gravelord defeat' sorry i forgot the first bit. was i actually invaded because there was no message. This has happened to me once before at the burg bonfire under the bridge with the ladder shortcut and on that occasion i didnt quit and reload the graveord defeat message randomly popped up while was walking around...can anyone explain this and is this connected to the bonfire because being unable to sit at bonfire gets a little aggrivating when its happening every over minute or so?

ps. sorry for long post thought it best to be clear, better one long post than several small explaining
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Gravelord invasion? Empty Re: Gravelord invasion?

Post by nsane32 Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:02 am

what it means is a GL infected you making the game harder but some one kill him when no one invades check for a GL sign
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:19 pm

also you being unable to use the bonfire is not related to the gravelord at all. you probably were going to be invaded by DM's or DW's
    RxFarmer

Post by RxFarmer Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:12 pm

I was sitting in Firelink the other day and got the gravelord curse message. Couldn't find the sign though, can you actually curse someone in firelink or was it a glitch?
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:23 pm

At op, the fire was not linked with the gravelord, it was a hung invasion. If fire goes out and you dont get invaded in 30 seconds, quit and reload to get your fire back or just spam the start button(this only works sometimes, if not quit and reload.)
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:27 pm

RxFarmer wrote:I was sitting in Firelink the other day and got the gravelord curse message. Couldn't find the sign though, can you actually curse someone in firelink or was it a glitch?

If you get cursed, your whole world is cursed from what i have seen. Those messages pop u alot ignor tem untill you see phantom mobs, thats when its time to hunt the gravelord.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:31 pm

I have yet to invade a gravelord, only been infected once but did not notice a change in gameplay.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:37 pm

700 odd hours here, only seen a handfull of GL signs. But have seen a few groups phantom mobs, and thousands of GL meassages with no sign of anything. GLs miggt be 1 of the only things in the game that really needs a buff/nerf/fix... Anything as long as they fix that broken covenant.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:40 pm

Especially since you kill the Cov leader, ending the ability to interact iirc. It does say pray to the sarcophagus, not the gravelord himself.
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:58 pm

i seem to be perpetually cursed my Gravelords and can almost never find the damn summon sign. usually it's not a big deal, but black phantom Stone Knights in darkroot are no joke. the normal Stone Knights are little piles of rubble that don't stand up until you're right on them, but the black phantom versions are already standing up and ready to go. and there's 5 of them. and they one shot kill you.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:00 pm

Awesome big grin
    Accept the challenge and go in shouting Leeeroooy! Jenkiiins!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:11 am