Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
barcio
Majikero07
3nvy
fizzelbottom
Quarik
Bioraptor
Federally
bmurn
Azran
Livedlime2
Bamjam
mugenis4real
ARSP
zombie type 000
Robotech
Bawheidbob
Baal-Avatar
ViralEnsign_
Domhnall
Dark75Messiah
Zechk
Mike-Lassen
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Yukon
Yarxov
Doelker
Back Lot Basher
Serious_Much
lextune
berkut
aceluby
Tolvo
LittleMAC
SlakeMoth
Whknight
undead lee
40 posters

A Newbies Tale

undead lee
    undead lee
    Regular
    Regular

A Newbies Tale - Page 10 Empty Re: A Newbies Tale

Post by undead lee Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:34 am

This post is a little off topic but gave some light relief inbetween farming.
    Had a great time last night fighting PvP.
    Joined the Darkmoon Blades and had a blast in various area's of DkS, with some really good fights.
    There are some unscrupulous guys out there though, backstabbing upon entry - litterally I appeared and they stabbed me! and then gangs of holigans 2 or 3 vs 1 (me!)

If you see me "Ooo Lee ooO" - give me a wave happy
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:48 am

A wave and then a flaming axe to the face!
    Livedlime2

Post by Livedlime2 Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:27 pm

hey Lee. Just wondering if were going to get any more updates. This has been a great read and well... I want the rest of the story! haha. Looking forward to hearing more
    undead lee
    undead lee
    Regular
    Regular

Post by undead lee Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:27 am

Hi Livedlime,
    I've lost abit of momentum.....
    I'm facing the bed of Choas, managed to "pop" the left and right "bits" lol - technical terms.... but now got to hack my way thorough the centre and getting a bit fustrated with it --- the bonfire is miles away, well OK not miles, but a distance and when you get all the way to the boss and one swipe and your dead its as fustrating as hell !!!
    I've got my Thursday nights to myself so tomorrow I'll get back on it and give it a go ---- just for you -- lol
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:33 am

Are you running by the titanite demon each time? The bonfire that takes you by him is the closest. I can be more specific if you want.

Also, two thoughts for getting through the middle on he'd of chaos. Think either real heavy, two handing a great shield or think light, speeding by the hands in light armor, such as the gold hemmed set.
    Eudaemonium

Post by Eudaemonium Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:36 am

This thread is fantastic: reminds me so much of my first playthrough. I'm at the end of NG++ and I'm waxing nostalgic. I remember the complete fear of the Depths after I went there the first time, got Cursed and then killed by Kirk, or when I went down the tairs behind the locked door before the Taurus Demon only to find a Dragon Tooth to the face. The messages from other players were so helpful: telling me several false walls and that beam in Anor Londo by the Gargoyle. And Ornstein and Smough, my goodness, Ornstein and Smough. I had my Sunbro Solaire helping me out, since I couldn't solo them, and every other attempt I'd get invaded and killed. All my Humanity drained away, and then on my very last piece I beat them. I never thought of logging off PSN to prevent invasions...

The Bed of Chaos was evil on my first playthrough: Run, Jump, SWIPE!, Die, Respawn, Repeat 'til Fade. On NG+ I did it on my second attempt. Once you know the position to jump from and you learn the attack pattern for the gap between swipes it gets easier.
    Livedlime2

Post by Livedlime2 Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:01 pm

Glad to see your still taking it to them lee... The bed is a harsh mistress... I found going light and dodging those attacks to be the key for me... Good luck on thurs!
    undead lee
    undead lee
    Regular
    Regular

Post by undead lee Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:20 am

Hi Guys, its been a while... too long....
    I got totally disillusioned with Bed of Choas, to the point where I basically gave up (Booooo.... light weight..... I hear you all call)
    Well 6 months later and I was looking in my local games store and ......OOoooo whats this -- New Dark Souls Content !!!
    I fondly rememeber hours of fantastic fun on Dark Souls... posting my progress on this forum and having a great time, so will this DLC content live up to my expectations?
    Will it reignite my love of the game?
    I have seen a thread which talks about bosses, apologies if i'm treading over old ground.
    Whats the general opinion ? is it worth £25? will it rekindle my love of the game which I lossed my months ago?
    Your thoughts would be very much appriciated.
    Lee
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:27 am

Is the Artorias of the Abyss worth it, you ask?
    Yes, it is!
    But you should make your own opinion about it.

So let me give you some basic info.

Playtime is around 2-10 hours, largely depending on players skills and how much of the new content they want to explore.

Story is about three of Gwyn's Four Knights, with Artorias, playing the lead, the fall of the ancient kingdom of Oolacille and the nature of the Abyss.

Gameplay is difficult and unforgiving, as it should. happy
    The DLC was intended for seasoned players, that have finished the game. While many may disagree to this, it is a stonehard fact, that enemies in the DLC are tough and bosses prove to be a challenge, even to high level characters, as they are quite different in contrast to other bosses.

Additionally, the DLC gives you acces to new armor, weapons and spells, which are very good. One spell in particular is all the 'rage' these days. :mask-averice:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm